***** MAY TWW and testing thread*****

Wellll..... here we go again! Line popped up by 2 minutes. Currently either 10dpo or barely 11dpo. Technically I think I may be 10dpo (as I had 2 days of positive opks). Told my husband to go check something in the bathroom. And he asked me whats broke? Lol. Then came back and said well I guess you're broke. :lol:

Like I've said before - I've had a history of loss so I don't count my chickens before they hatch. However this is the first step. So I'm hopeful it's a sticky one. <3

16214275852891164976980124525965.jpg

Last edited:
4dpo for me just waiting around, boring! Work is rather busy and stressful and I just feel burnt out and tired and unmotivated. Yesterday around dinner I was exhausted and made a cup of coffee just to stop yawning every 20 seconds. So strange but I should try to get more sleep!

4dpo for me just waiting around, boring! Work is rather busy and stressful and I just feel burnt out and tired and unmotivated. Yesterday around dinner I was exhausted and made a cup of coffee just to stop yawning every 20 seconds. So strange but I should try to get more sleep!

:hugs:

Sounds so exhausting. Last night hubby and I went to see the Saw movie and on way home got a big screw in our tire. It was nasty. Left it overnight at Walmart so we can get up early and get it taken care of. They suppose to open at 7 but they all called off. I drove it to another one and find out we need all 4 tires.$400....and with rent car insurance and car note all within 2 weeks that close to 2000. I told my husband find someone who drives same vehicle as me...we will switch tires (totally kidding)

Alligator my boy started doing that last month, and even though its only an old wives tale I still got my hopes up. Unfortunately it came to nothing for me.

Cinnamon 8dpo is so early, also just because you're not feeling anything yet doesn't mean you won't start to feel things. Even when I did get a bfp that early I didn't feel anything until 6 weeks pregnant. The only time I felt symptoms before 5/6 weeks was with my miscarriage which seems so weird as you'd think early symptoms meant strong hcg and was a good thing, but hasn't been the case for me.
Oh man haha i know it's an old wives tale for sure and it seems like 50/50 if it means something. Time will tell I guess!

Implantation can be anywhere from 6 to 12 dpo, that's why some women won't get a bfp until after af is due while others will get one at 8dpo
Yes this! I read somewhere that implantation is, for the majority of women, between 8-10dpo (most common days). But it can happen as early as 6-7 (rare) and as late as 12 (rare). But even if you implanted at 8dpo a test wouldn't turn positive until at the earliest probably 10dpo! With my daughter I didn't get a faint positive until the evening of 10dpo. I was testing like a maniac and if I had just tested like a normal person in the morning (lol) I would have gotten a faint positive (but clear) at 11dpo. In fact, my cheapies didn't turn positive with my pregnancy with her until like 14dpo, the day of my missed period!! It was bizarre, the line on my FRER was very clear and strong and yet it took ages for cheapies to turn positive! I remember, actually, going to the doctor to confirm my pregnancy and get blood work (I needed to check my thyroid for the pregnancy) right at like 15dpo and the tests (garbage ones) in their office came back negative. I was shocked and showed the doctor my photo on my phone of the FRER test which was basically darker than the control at that point and she was shocked too. Sent me for blood work and now I have an almost 3yo LOL.

I do think that things must have been a common occurance to become old wives tales, but I wonder if some of it was more circumstance and coincidence than actual cause. Like with this one, say that at the time that people first started noticing a pattern of children doing this and then mum being pregnant there wasn't any form of contraception, or at least not one that would be regularly used in a marriage, so it was more common to have children closer together so it would be normal to fall pregnant around about the age that children were first able to get themselves in to that position.
Obviously I'm just speculating and guessing, but it's fun to think about how old wives tales started.

Yes this! I read somewhere that implantation is, for the majority of women, between 8-10dpo (most common days). But it can happen as early as 6-7 (rare) and as late as 12 (rare). But even if you implanted at 8dpo a test wouldn't turn positive until at the earliest probably 10dpo! With my daughter I didn't get a faint positive until the evening of 10dpo. I was testing like a maniac and if I had just tested like a normal person in the morning (lol) I would have gotten a faint positive (but clear) at 11dpo. In fact, my cheapies didn't turn positive with my pregnancy with her until like 14dpo, the day of my missed period!! It was bizarre, the line on my FRER was very clear and strong and yet it took ages for cheapies to turn positive! I remember, actually, going to the doctor to confirm my pregnancy and get blood work (I needed to check my thyroid for the pregnancy) right at like 15dpo and the tests (garbage ones) in their office came back negative. I was shocked and showed the doctor my photo on my phone of the FRER test which was basically darker than the control at that point and she was shocked too. Sent me for blood work and now I have an almost 3yo LOL.
The difference in test strengths is mad isn't it?

The difference in test strengths is mad isn't it?
It was totally crazy. And meanwhile a good friend used the same cheapy tests to get a positive with her second son at 8-9dpo! I think it's the tests, batch and just the person's hormones/pee lol. who knows. It's all a little bit of a mystery.

It was totally crazy. And meanwhile a good friend used the same cheapy tests to get a positive with her second son at 8-9dpo! I think it's the tests, batch and just the person's hormones/pee lol. who knows. It's all a little bit of a mystery.
It is very weird that. I'm still pulling crazy lines from that awful batch of One Steps, maybe some just have more dye and react more than others? I have no idea but the new batch are BFN pretty much.

I'm glad your new batch are better Dee. Those old ones are evil as even though you know you tested water and got lines you still start thinking that maybe this one is a little darker, maybe this is a real one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->