• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mummy May is getting married 7th Feb 2014 :)

Thanks Emy. Its about a 45 min drive from me now (ish) and I think thats a bit far for my guests to travel (were getting married in our village church). Its very beautiful though and I might email them anyway lol!
Were waiting on Sella Park to get back to us with a price for the menu we want https://www.sellaparkhotel.co.uk/ admittedly its not in the middle of the lakes as I wanted but theres not much I can do at this late stage since we want to marry in our church xx

I'm completely at a loss. Its probably not helped by the fact J is off for his stag tomorrow and I'm already feeling weepy but I'm not 100% on Sella Park so we still haven't booked it. There is nowhere close enough that is perfect and I'm totally upset that our wedding isn't going to be anything like I wanted. I'm going to email Winder Hall tonight just incase xx

New venue is booked - we've gone for Sella Park. I expected to feel relieved at booking it but I don't - probably because it wasn't our first choice but I'm sure it will be amazing anyway. Need to sort out some info cards now xx

Pissed right off. Again. The lady making our cake has just said there will be a £25 delivery charge to the venue - She never mentioned a delivery charge when we originally booked AND the new venue is closer to her bloody house. Fair to say I'm sick of this effin wedding right now. Xx

Yeah she said that she charges 50p a mile for delivery - I've just used a route planner and its 11.8 miles from her house to the venue so round that up to 12 miles and thats £6.00, she probably charges both ways but even then its still just £12. So I've just sent her a message telling her all that lol! And I've told her theres no way we can pay any more so were rethinking our cake. Its like you mention the word wedding and people turn into greedy money grabbing you know whats!! xx

Omg thats shocking, cant believe that! If people charge for delivery ive always seen that they charage over a certain amount of miles e.g after 5 miles they charge 50p a mile

I've calmed down a little now, the lady thought we meant a different Calderbridge further away and we explained that with having to change venue weve incurred extra costs and she said she completely understands and that if we want to change our cake she will give us a discount on any of her other cakes which is actually really kind of her. I'm just so stressed at the moment and nobody understands because I'm the first of my friends to get married lol xx

Aww thats nice of her, glad you got it all sorted!

Thats exactly the problem i had but i ended up letting it build up and build up and then 2 days before the wedding i ended up having a big break down so whatever you do dont let it build up and dont let little tiny things stress you out!

Thanks Lauren, I've not really been stressed before ever - its very mentally draining lol! Think the venue change started it but I'm feeling fine again now :) xx

I didn't appreciate how much weddings stress the bride out until I was actually a bride-to-be myself! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now though, and the cake issue is hopefully sorted xx

5 weeks and 6 days to go, cannot believe how quick its coming round! Going to try my dress on for the last time a week on Weds to see if I need any adjustments - I won't though, I haven't lost any weight since I was last there lol! I can't even start buying my last few things just yet because someone in America tried to use my card so its been blocked and I'm being sent a new one... will probs take ages with it being christmas!!

Been having wine issues- were not having wine on the tables and the inlaws are complaining about it but after asking opinions on another thread in GC were sticking to our guns and not having wine on the tables!!

Can't remember if I said I have done the place names and table plan - but I have! Just need to write the names onto my mirror now but don't want to do it just yet incase it gets dusty lol! My make up lady seems to have gone AWOL, I messaged her and asked to make an appt to see her to pay her and she didn't reply, so I popped down to her shop to find it closed. Weird! I will try again today so I can find a back up if she can't do it!

Will be going to pay the venue off probably next week so that its out of the way, also be paying off the honeymoon eeeepppp!!
We haven't yet booked our nights away for after the wedding, we may even book the day we go due to money - were running out fast.

Thank thats pretty much it at the moment.

xx

Happy New Year hun!

Glad things are coming together for you, not long now.

We're not having wine on the tables either xxx

Happy New Year hun. Not only is it this year you get married but next month, so exciting.

Did you have any luck with the make-up person?

I know!! Oh my gaaawwwdddd!!!! Still haven't heard from the makeup lady - my childminders daughter is a beautician though so going to contact her for a price. Need to pick a hair style to try out, going to hopefully pay for our venue this week. And all the little bits!! I'm starting to get excited now xx

Oh my, so close now. I'm excited for you. Sorry to hear about your make up lady, and hope it can all get sorted with your childminder's daughter xx

Full speed ahead! Heard back from the beautician to say that she couldn't access the message and to get intouch via her personal page which I have done, but have the childminders daughter on standby (she charges the same and is mobile). Madea to do list and not that much left to do. Today I've bought my earrings and some fabric for my suitcase. Did a mock up of my centrepieces last night and I am happy with them - just need to get sweets but going to wait a couple of weeks. My venue is closed until Monday but I've emailed all my details over so they can send a final invoice and I can go pay it. Looking for DD's shoes atm, only ones I like are from Monsoon - typical!! xx

Bought DD's shoes, from Monsoon lol! Bought my underwear which I hope arrives before my dress fitting on Weds (ordered yesterday at 6am so fingers crossed!). Printed out my mad libs... well most of them, ran out of ink AND paper which I'm just about to order now so I can print my order of service (which I still have no covers for) anndddd thats probably about it for now :) xx

I hadn't even thought about an order of service! Lol

Sounds like you're on top everything hun, how are your stress levels?

How long before your wedding did you send out your invitations? I'm not sure when to send mine out.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"