• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mummy May is getting married 7th Feb 2014 :)

Met with the vicar last night so its confirmed we are getting married on 7th Feb at 2.00pm. Price has gone up slightly as we have to pay towards heating the church so our fee is £500. We have picked 'Give me joy in my heart' and 'one more step' as 2 of our hymns but I've forgotten the other as it was just one he suggested. There will be 1 reading which is corinthians and he doesn't mind that my Dad won't be giving me away. He made us a rough copy of the service book which he is now going to do a full draft of an e-mail to me so I can make my order of service booklets. I haven't really had many RSVP's back and apparently most people will leave it late which I accept but I'm not chasing anyone and I won't be accepting late ones - which I have told people.

Really pissed off with our reception venue, after no contact since the last time (when he said he would be in touch the next week) I heard from my childminder that her daughter will be having the marquee as they told her LAST WEEK (she gets married there in May). So I'm pretty annoyed they can't be bothered to tell us that when our wedding is less than 3 months away so I've emailed yesterday so find out more information and to say were dissapointed we had to hear from someone else. I'm really annoyed that I'm having to continually chase them up, I know were one of their first weddings and I would expect better service from them. Unless they buck their ideas up they certainly won't be getting any reccommendations from me. Half of me wishes they would just say they can't cater to us so I can find somewhere else - even though we would need to forfeit our honeymoon to afford anywhere else - I don't care at this point!! I e-mailed yesterday afternoon so lets see how long it takes to get a reply xx

Okay - I got a reply. They want to stick us in a 120 person marquee... 50 bloody people in a 120 person marquee. We were promised that eveything would be perfect fif our room wasn't ready but that's just taking the piss. It will look bloody empty!! Fair to say I burst out crying when I got that email. Jason is ringing them tonight to see if they can do better than that - if not it going to be a chnage of venue... Xx

Will your bar be in there? If your bar is in there and you have a decent size dance floor it will be fine. My room holds 250 but were only having 120 during the day.

I'm not sure - and neither are they!! Jason rang and spoke to them and they're having a meeting on Friday with the marquee person - the manager of the hotel said the marquee size concerns him as it will look empty. Nobody knows a effin thing. Xx

Ohh no :hugs:
Hopefully they can get it all sorted for you and even though its not a good thing they don't know what's going on at least they notice themselves that it could be too big!
Fingers crossed they sort things out for you!

I can't sleep for feeling anxious about the whole thing. Me and Jason had a good talk last night (that really was pretty inconclusive) but we both agree that we don't really want a marquee and never have done. If we could see the blimmin thing it would be massively helpfu and may change our minds. If it comes down to it, we have found a lovely place not too far away who we have emailed to check their availability. Were just so confused its awful. Do we have a marquee that neither of us really want ot do we (probably) lose our deposit and have something we do want? Sighh. This is a nightmare :( xx

What a nightmare. I would be pushing for your deposit back as the marquee is not what you booked.

Yeah Jason said he will fight for it back, the thing is though we knew there was always a small chance that the room wouldn't be done but when we booked they were pretty adament it would. Its annoying me even more because of how awful they are at keeping in touch - I feel like if they're this bad now what if they don't bother on our day. The other place can cater to us and were going to view it tomorrow night. We will then have to sleep on it until Irton Hall get back in touch on Friday (if they actually bother to) xx

Hugs hun. I really hope everything gets sorted for you and you stop feeling anxious. What a nightmare to have to go through so close to the wedding xx

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm feeling a lot more positive now. Going to view the new place tonight. If its big enough I shall let you know what its called lol!

The vicar has now made our order of service and e-mailed it to me so all I need to do is print it and make a nice cover for the front :)

Lots going on atm with this whole venue fiasco, finding another childminder, start my new job in 2 weeks its totally mental but obviously I need this sorted out so that if we do change venue (which is looking very likely) then I need to send out new information to people with the change of venue on. Fun fun times! Who said weddings weren't fun huh! :haha: xx

Just reading this now, so sorry about what happened at your venue! :hugs: I don't think you should go for the marque, because you'll forever regret the day not being quite right. I hope the new venue is perfect!

Wahh. Its not. Its too small :( By a friikin mile!! Can someone puhhhllleeeaaasseee find me a new venue! Were struggling. xx

Ohh no :hugs:
If I was you I'd see what the venue you have at the minute comes back with on Friday and I'd also be laying down things with them about how poor they have been so far!

I'd be happy to have a little look and see what I can find if you want to pm me details of what you want :)

What's your catchment area for venues? I will keep an eye out and ask around! If you're willing to travel a little further there are loads around Windermere. What sort of style were you looking for?

Thats my problem really, because my church is in my village, I feel like I can't then expect people to travel as far as Windermere. I've e-mailed a couple of places - Sella Park Hall Hotel, and The Woolpack, Eskdale just to see what they can do. We are going to see what Irton Hall comes back with, but short of them saying they will fit us inside then we will very probably be cancelling our booking with them.. I'm still trying not to worry (after a small wobble last night) and we will find something perfect for us xx

We've decided to cancel Irton Hall - we don't want to end up regretting our wedding day and we really don't want a marquee so were going to cancel. Jason is ringing them later. I'm proper in wedding mode again now though and feel like I have loads to do, I need a list! Need a pashmina and hairslide for my bridesmaid, need some underwear for me (and to decide on a hairstyle), to pay my beautician, to get shoes for Florence and Rory (though may leave Rory in socks). And I've just forgotten what else! Ooh yeah, to get a front cover for our order of service :) xx

SO! Jason rang Irton Hall last night and they were actually really nice - I was a bit surprised tbh. Jason just explained that we love the hotel and the grounds and tthe sound of the room they're building but we just aren't happy to have a marquee and its a really important day and it has to be perfect. The manager said he completely understands and that he is really sorry that he promised it would be done when he shouldn't have. They are giving us our full deposit back and refunding all the people that have booked rooms. I'm so pleased that they were nice. And pleased we got our deposit back. He said he will be in touch on Monday to get card details for the refund. xx

Glad you're getting your deposit back, though that's quite right too. But I'm glad they were nice about it.

Me too! I'm going to be ringing the other place we like because we don't like their menu :haha: they did say we could change it though within reason so going to try that!! xx

Just come across Winder Hall and it looks beautiful. Don't know how close to you it is or whether it's in your budget but thought I'd show you as you need a venue! Plus I think they do last minute deals especially as you're close to the date now! https://www.winderhall.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->