***November 2019 Babies!***

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Groups & Discussions' started by MissDoc, Mar 12, 2019.

1. lesondemavie

lesondemavie Mama to my rainbow & 4 (maybe 5) Angels

Is anyone else struggling with your postpartum body? I guess you bounce back faster after the first than you do the second? I want to start working out again but the ob won’t check and clear me until 6 weeks after. I’m just getting really down about not feeling great in any clothes with the holidays coming up. I’m walking a ton but I think it’s more loss of muscle and my uterus still shrinking than needing to burn calories. I know my body just did an amazing thing and I need to figure out how to love it as is but I always struggle with that bit. I keep reading this over and over today:

If you have any fav fourth tri clothing items I can buy online please send them my way :)

2. HLx

HLx Mummy of 3 <3

I'm surprised with my postpartum body! I've lost almost all my bump even though it's still a bit wobbly, I never lost it with my second but I did gain a lot more pregnancy weight with him, this time around I've lost weight everywhere and I can wear my pre pregnancy Jeans! And Enzo was my biggest baby! I guess its partly to do with looking after 3 kiddies now and barely finding time to eat hahaha

3. dogmommy

dogmommy Well-Known Member

Hi everyone- I thought I would add my story incase it helps someone else. My due date wasn't until tomorrow but last week I went into labor all on my own! I lost my mucus plug during the day and didn't think too much of it bc Ive heard they can grow back and means nothing in terms of when baby comes...then later that day had some "bloody show" but it was just pink discharge. Well couple hours later contractions started...and never stopped. Got to hospital at 8pm was at 3cm then kept dilating an 1-1.5 cm every hour and got epidural 3 hours later. Couple hours later it was time to push. 3 pushes and she was out!! We didn't know gender so that was cool but I feel DH is having gender disappointment. We already have a 20 month old DD and I think he was really hoping for a boy :/ he won't admit it but I feel a little sad he didn't seem as happy. But anyways I'm sure he will come around.

As for recovery and length of labor. I definitely think it made a difference for me first labor 36 hours = 4 weeks of pain. This labor 5 hours = 2 days of pain. My body is definitely not where i want it either. Been breastfeeding so the weight is coming off but definitely think ill be left with a pouch.

Congrats everyone! Hope to see more birth stories on here.

4. lesondemavie

lesondemavie Mama to my rainbow & 4 (maybe 5) Angels

Yup that’s exactly like me duration/recovery wise. Congrats on the early easy labor dogmommy! I’m feeling a bit better about my pooch today. I think I just made the mistake of trying in all my old clothes after a big lunch yesterday:haha:. My best friend even commented on how good I looked today. I think I’ll just have to deal with the food baby look until I can get back to rebuilding some abs. I actually find the weight stays on for me when breastfeeding bc I’m so hungry and worried about how cutting calories might affect my supply.

5. Harmony16

Harmony16 Well-Known Member

Lesondemavie, You have to give your body time to heal I'm sure it'll get back to here you'd like it after you heal up! Glad you're feeling better about it though.

Afm, I'm almost completely back down to my pre preggo weight, only thing is I still can't fit my shoes or wedding ring, I hope this isn't permanent, I'm 4 weeks pp and still can't squeeze either one on smh. I would've liked to keep some of my weight that I gained, as I've always been pretty small, I gained 40lbs while pregnant but most of it was fluid due to my pre e, so i pretty much pee'd that out in my catheter in the 24 hours following my delivery.

congrats Dog mommy, glad your birth was smooth, and I'm sure your husband will come around, I'm sure he loves her all the same.