+++ November 2019 testing thread +++

Hi ladies af has finally started a huge 54 day cycle... any advice when best to do the deed this month. My apps say first week in January.. that's based on a 54 day cycle.. I hope this one isent as long :(

Tesh good luck for the scan!

Dani sorry about AF, are you tracking ovulation at all? I wouldn’t rely on the app predictions if your cycles are irregular. Best of luck with the next cycle!

I have no idea what’s going on with me. My LP is usually 10-11 days. I’m now 13DPO according to FF. However, I’m doubting if I’ve even ovulated now!
I had what looked like a positive last night (the blue cross one) but then I don’t think this morning’s clearblue looks that convincing? Surely if I was 13DPO it would be a stronger line?

6AB790C7-66AF-4C90-BD66-0C25851F53A9.jpeg C9322B52-953D-44B2-82E0-820985F32B5B.jpeg E8E27FD2-D074-477A-B3A1-B7869225E176.jpeg

Dannizzychar - do you normally have long cycles or was this one odd? I've struggled with irregular cycles for at least a decade now and the apps don't really do much for me in predicting ovulation. What I would suggest is that you start taking OPKs around CD10, temp first thing in the morning starting now (before you get out of bed so make sure a thermometer is within arms reach). You don't have to temp every single day until you think you're in your high fertility window (OPKs might start getting darker, or you'll have "high fertility" on a digital. Once you see your positive OPK then you know ovulation is imminent. Most LH surges (your fertile window) last 12-24 hours before ovulation. The reason you start temping daily at this point is to watch for your temp shift. As an example, my pre-O BBT averages 97.7. My post-O BBT averages 98.1. It's also important that you take this temp the same time every morning. I don't trust BBT for anything else other than to pinpoint and confirm ovulation, but once you see that shift, it means your fertile window is over because you've successfully ovulated. That's why OPKs are helpful, because they predict ovulation before it happens, which is when you'd want to get busy if you're TTC. Hope that helps!

Jellybeanx I've had some bad experiences with blue dye tests, but that doesn't mean you should have strong lines at 13DPO. Also, LPs should be 13-16 days long - have you talked to a doctor about your short LP? Not trying to get you worried or anything, but that might be influencing your ability to get pregnant.

That being said, I don't see anything on the CB but I do see something on the other blue dye. Try a pink dye test. They are FAR more reliable.

Jellybeanx I've had some bad experiences with blue dye tests, but that doesn't mean you should have strong lines at 13DPO. Also, LPs should be 13-16 days long - have you talked to a doctor about your short LP? Not trying to get you worried or anything, but that might be influencing your ability to get pregnant.

That being said, I don't see anything on the CB but I do see something on the other blue dye. Try a pink dye test. They are FAR more reliable.

I agree about the pink dye tests, I only got these as it’s what my local shop had but hoping to get something better tomorrow after work if AF isn’t here yet!
I’ve been told that 10-16 days is normal for LP. It’s always been this length and I’ve had two successful pregnancies so I’m not sure it’s been an issue for me. I have had three early losses this time though, the last doctor I saw just put it down to bad luck which was very frustrating!

Brill thank you.. it's my first cycle since coming off the pill..think am just going to bd at least 4 times week and see how long this cycle is x
Dannizzychar - do you normally have long cycles or was this one odd? I've struggled with irregular cycles for at least a decade now and the apps don't really do much for me in predicting ovulation. What I would suggest is that you start taking OPKs around CD10, temp first thing in the morning starting now (before you get out of bed so make sure a thermometer is within arms reach). You don't have to temp every single day until you think you're in your high fertility window (OPKs might start getting darker, or you'll have "high fertility" on a digital. Once you see your positive OPK then you know ovulation is imminent. Most LH surges (your fertile window) last 12-24 hours before ovulation. The reason you start temping daily at this point is to watch for your temp shift. As an example, my pre-O BBT averages 97.7. My post-O BBT averages 98.1. It's also important that you take this temp the same time every morning. I don't trust BBT for anything else other than to pinpoint and confirm ovulation, but once you see that shift, it means your fertile window is over because you've successfully ovulated. That's why OPKs are helpful, because they predict ovulation before it happens, which is when you'd want to get busy if you're TTC. Hope that helps!

I did the second blue dye this morning and got another what looks like a positive. I’ve bought a FRER which I’ll try tomorrow and see what happens!

6C76A886-D27B-4DF8-BAC5-4A7AF58F26C3.jpeg

Jellybean - did you get that line on the test at the 5 minute mark?

Mine looked negative at the 5-10 minute mark. But looked like your test about an hour after taking the test. AF showed the same day.

Not saying yours is negative, just that I was curious as my test looked the same.

Fingers crossed for you! :dust:

Good luck jellybean!!! That looks really hopeful. Praying for you that this is it x

Update on my scan... it’s not good news I’m afraid.

The doctor scanned but still could not find anything. We saw thickened endometrium and a black space in uterus but no sack or yolk yet and this is at 5+4. He still suspects ectopic so I am going back on Thursday to do one last scan and if he still cannot locate anything he is going to do a procedure where he puts a little camera through my belly button to see what he can see in the tubes (will have to be admitted again :( ) if the preganancy is there he talked about using a laser to remove it.

At the moment he did hcg levels today and they came back at 8563! So they have more than doubled from Saturday’s 2316... it’s all so confusing as I am not in pain and have had no more bleeding since Saturday...

Has anyone ever had an ectopic or had a baby show up later on a transvaginal scan? Trying to remain positive but sort of know this may not end well...

Good luck jellybean!!! That looks really hopeful. Praying for you that this is it x

The doctor scanned but still could not find anything. We saw thickened endometrium and a black space in uterus but no sack or yolk yet and this is at 5+4. He still suspects ectopic so I am going back on Thursday to do one last scan and if he still cannot locate anything he is going to do a procedure where he puts a little camera through my belly button to see what he can see in the tubes (will have to be admitted again :( ) if the preganancy is there he talked about using a laser to remove it.

At the moment he did hcg levels today and they came back at 8563! So they have more than doubled from Saturday’s 2316... it’s all so confusing as I am not in pain and have had no more bleeding since Saturday...

Has anyone ever had an ectopic or had a baby show up later on a transvaginal scan? Trying to remain positive but sort of know this may not end well...

Oh @Tesh23 that sounds so stressful for you :( I have no experience with it but hope hope hope that it's just not showing yet for the scan! HCG levels are so good too :(
Fingers crossed for a good outcome for you or that if unfortunately it is ectopic it clears itself!
Thinking of you :hugs:

So sorry about the uncertainty I've experienced 4 ectopics and none of them ever had an hcg over 3,000 and none of them could be seen in the tube until after 6 to 7 weeks or so. Nothing was ever seen in my uterus not even thickening. I'm so hoping for the best for you.

Thank you lightning and thank you saveme for sharing your experience.

I have been admitted this morning. Doctor wants to keep an eye as I had some slight pain on my right during the night. I’m not in pain anymore. He said he will keep me here in case of ectopic and rupturing but he wants to still scan to make sure nothing is in the uterus. I think he may wait until tomorrow to scan. Should get hcg results for today back just now.

Please keep me and my bean in your prayers. Even if it ends up as ectopic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->