++++October 2019 Testing Thread++++

Thanks! 2.5 years is also amazing. :)

One thing I noticed when my cycle came back with my second (at about 7 months) was that my luteal phase was really short, like 8/9 days. It's only been for the last 5 or so cycles that I have seemed to have a normal length of LP - about 13 days. That was definitely to do with breastfeeding as once she cut right down, it improved.

Could that be an issue for you? Obviously I don't know if you are tracking or temping or whatever, so sorry if I am stating the obvious! Hope it happens for you v. soon. :hugs:

Thank you! My LP is 10 days but I’m pretty sure it always has been. I use an Ava bracelet which tracks my temps etc and I also do OPKs. I have all bases covered :haha:
My youngest will be 3 in January and my periods came back when he was 5 months. They can be quite irregular because of the PCOS but I’ve definitely been having more ovulatory cycles than I used to before he was born. I’ve had 3 chemicals in the time I’ve been TTC#3 though. Never had chemicals before so I think I’m just trying to find a reason other than just bad luck!

Gah, how difficult for you. :( Chemicals must be horrible.

I think 10 days is considered shorter than average, but if they've always been that way then who knows?! There are ways to lengthen it apparently, if you ever suspect it may be an issue ...

Cd1 and onto cycle 11 ttc #2. Please put me down for 25 October.

I’ll be doing my final round of soy this cycle cd1-5. Here goes nothing!

Good luck ladies!!

Ugh. Sorry to hear lovely :sad1::hugs:

Gah, how difficult for you. :( Chemicals must be horrible.

I think 10 days is considered shorter than average, but if they've always been that way then who knows?! There are ways to lengthen it apparently, if you ever suspect it may be an issue ...

From what I’ve read, 10 days is on the low end of normal but shouldn’t necessarily be a problem. I’ve got a stack of supplements that I take and I’m sure at least one of them is meant to be good for LP but am always open to suggestions!

My breastfeeding experience was quite different with DD1 and DD2. Dd1 was hard to BF and did mixed feeding. Got preggo with DD2 when she was 3 months old. DD2 on the other end was a natural! I breastfed her until she was about 4 years old and got my period back when she was 2 1/2 years! So between all of my pregnancies and bf'ing I didn't get a period for over 4 years! It was great hahaha.
Now I feel old (33 almost 34). Got some tests done, which showed a FSH of 8.5 and a AFC of 22, which my doc was quite happy with. Tested today (I'm 8 or 9 dpo) and got a BFN :( Now of course I'm all paranoid, like am I infertile, are my tubes blocked, etc. Am planning to get an HSG if not pregnant just To be safe...wow talk about pressure (facepalm) lol

Last edited:
I also tested (yesterday) at around 8dpo. Don't know why I bothered as the tests I got are cheap, not very sensitive ones that don't recommend testing before the day you are due AF. It was negative, obviously. :rofl:

Keeping the other one until at least the 5th, if I don't get AF by then.

What test did you use Melfy? 8/9 dpo is still v. early!

Hello!
We are not trying yet (LO is 9 months) but last week we used pull out an hour after previous ejaculation so there's a chance I might be pregnant since I got a temp rise three days later, earlier than expected. I've only had one period postpartum so it's kind of new to me. When I'm past ovulation I always get this "I really wanna be pregnant" feeling. DH is not hoping for a pregnancy, but he always comes around when it happens. (We have four kids, not all planned but very loved) I've always wanted a big family and DH wants another closer in age to #4 since the age gap between #3 and #4 is five years.

I'm currently 3DPO. Won't be teating until AF is late. She's expected October 10th. I usually get an implantation bleeding about 7DPO when pregnant, and if I'm not pregnant I usually spot a day or two before AF. Last cycle I had all signs of pregnancy, but ended up not being (we used pull put correctly then so the chance was slim) so I know that I can feel very pregnant when I'm actually not. I've gotten pregnant once before using pull out and usually fall pregnant really easy so that makes me more nervous. Would prefer to actually try for another baby, but here I am again. I'm gonna be happy if I'm pregnant, but DH is not that excited about the thought so the best thing would be not to be pregnant. I still need a place to vent so I'm gonna stick around in this thread instead of making DH nervous. He doesn't know I ovulated that soon since I told him I would probably ovulate 5-6 days after we dtd.

Keeping my FX for a lot of BFP this month! It's so exciting to follow other people's journeys to a BFP :)

I also tested (yesterday) at around 8dpo. Don't know why I bothered as the tests I got are cheap, not very sensitive ones that don't recommend testing before the day you are due AF. It was negative, obviously. :rofl:

Keeping the other one until at least the 5th, if I don't get AF by then.

What test did you use Melfy? 8/9 dpo is still v. early!
I used the wondfo 25 mUI not the sensitive one. I'm just feeling really down for another BFN this morning. With my girls I got a clear bfp at 9 or 10 dpo :(

Mine was a 25 mIU/ml too. The least sensitive type! I was expecting the BFN but I also felt like I am probably not pregnant just from seeing it - which is silly really as if we conceived it may not have even implanted yet and I've never got a BFP this early before. I can't remember exactly when they showed up with my girls. Probably about 1-2 days before AF was due I think, but I used a FRER with my first.

I am having some new 'symptoms' but don't really believe they mean anything. Just stuff like feeling a bit nauseous on and off and having this horrible pulled muscle feeling in my groin/legs when I move which I remember from early pregnancy. I also stood up earlier and nearly blacked out then felt like I was going to throw up, but if I wasn't looking for signs I don't think I'd have thought anything of that usually.

It sucks waiting and I am fed up already.

Mine was a 25 mIU/ml too. The least sensitive type! I was expecting the BFN but I also felt like I am probably not pregnant just from seeing it - which is silly really as if we conceived it may not have even implanted yet and I've never got a BFP this early before. I can't remember exactly when they showed up with my girls. Probably about 1-2 days before AF was due I think, but I used a FRER with my first.

I am having some new 'symptoms' but don't really believe they mean anything. Just stuff like feeling a bit nauseous on and off and having this horrible pulled muscle feeling in my groin/legs when I move which I remember from early pregnancy. I also stood up earlier and nearly blacked out then felt like I was going to throw up, but if I wasn't looking for signs I don't think I'd have thought anything of that usually.

It sucks waiting and I am fed up already.
Same here. Occasionnal crampe, nausea (although I have a nasty cold so that's not helping lol), heavy and sore breasts, and vaginal discharge, that gross, creamy white one lol

Last edited:
I'm also having cramps this afternoon and have really sore boobs. Sorer than usual after O I think! I had the creamy white CM with both my girls so that's definitely a good sign!!!

For me this cycle it seems to be more like snot which is truly disgusting!

Hey guys! I'm 5dpo. And I'm getting so anxious. I feel like with my last pregnancy my breasts were starting to hurt by now and I should be feeling something. I'm obviously overthinking and overanalyzing (totally normal for me lol). I had a dream I was pregnant last night and it was so hard to convince myself not to test when I woke up, AF is due Oct 9th this tww is killing me.

Hey guys! I'm 5dpo. And I'm getting so anxious. I feel like with my last pregnancy my breasts were starting to hurt by now and I should be feeling something. I'm obviously overthinking and overanalyzing (totally normal for me lol). I had a dream I was pregnant last night and it was so hard to convince myself not to test when I woke up, AF is due Oct 9th this tww is killing me.

I am also 5dpo and due to start AF October 9th! This is my first month ttc, and the only thing I can complain about right now is an extreme thirst/dry mouth. I feel like I just cant get enough water, even though I'm drinking it around the clock! Good luck to you.

Hi everyone, can I join? Af is due 26th October - going to try and hold off testing as long as possible. Last month I managed to hold off until 9dpo which is a record for me!

Will catch up on all the previous posts :)

Currently cd5, usually ovulate cd14/15...in the boring part of my cycle ...

Good luck everyone!!

Yeah so AF decided to show up two weeks early two days after I got a high fertility result on my OPK. So please put me down for the 31st.

Onto cycle 150 or something like that. I’m surprised I’m even still trying at this point.

I am also 5dpo and due to start AF October 9th! This is my first month ttc, and the only thing I can complain about right now is an extreme thirst/dry mouth. I feel like I just cant get enough water, even though I'm drinking it around the clock! Good luck to you.

Cycle twin lol I think I've been a little more tired than usual but my classes are kicking my butt right now so I may just be working my brain a little more than usual.

Hi ladies! Was looking to join you, just got a positive opk today (first month trying opks) so I’m super stoked about that. AF is due theb14th, but I won’t lie I’ll probably test from 10 dpo.

Hi ladies, would it be ok to join in?
First month TTC so not that hopeful (am an older mama). Currently around 3DPO, been tracking for years with My Calendar app, due to irregular periods. Long cycles - 36 days on avg.
AF due 11th October so just symptom watching til then

Hi to everyone who has joined!

Fostermom, I am sorry you got AF. :( And that you have had to go through 150 cycles so far.

Afm, I think I'm probably out. Nasty achy, heavy feeling in my womb and I think AF will either come today or tomorrow. Could be a 'symptom' of course but somehow just feel like it isn't, and that's ok. I wasn't trying and it was an accident, and though it would have been exciting to have another baby, it's also fine if I'm not having one (and a whole lot easier lol).

Meep— thanks! I love nursing, and I miss nursing him. He was the sweetest baby. I really wanted to tandem nurse, but my older 2 both self weaned once my supply went down when I got pregnant. That’s incredible you were able to!

Jellybean 2.5 years is a awesome to bf! I’m so impressed with you all.

Welcome tesh, sorry the witch got you!

Melfy what’s an HSG? And wow you breastfed till 4? *Slow clap* also I don’t think you’re old at all!

LO4 when do you think your husband would be open to trying again for another one?

Welcome Lisa, Laura, taseth, and Celtic!

Claira my first symptom when I was pregnant with my son was a super dry mouth!!

Afm, CD17. I’m definitely in my fertile window. Ewcm and horny. Haha. We’ve bd every day for the last 3 days and will again tonight I’m sure. Fx’d this is my cycle and we get a sticky bean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->