%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Terri - The people I know who have done genetic testing have generally banked a bunch of embryos and then tested all of them. You might get enough the first time - like 6 that get to day 5 - I remember that you got really good response last time. My friend had like 8 tested and 4 or so were good, she is 41 and only put in 1 and has a lovely daughter now. She has plenty left for #2... I am so glad that your insurance is working.

All is good here. There might be a cross-country move in our future... more when it becomes clearer...

Driving-Thanks..I think that's the best option for now. So what if I have to wait a few more months. Not like anything else is going on. womp womp. hee hee.

Ooh a move? I hope you're excited about it if it's really happening. Glad you're doing ok otherwise. :hugs:

Not liking this new Dr at ALL they never call w my results in time now I'm cd5 if it's AF and won't be able to do cd3 test or meds WTF!!! :nope:

Well I called ON my Bday for answers well they don't have any Estridol 55 P 2.9 it's not adding up I need to come in for a scan WTF!! Going Wed. Just afraid it may be to late I'm pretty sure I need P or something this is Cray Cray!! :nope:

Sis - Sorry about the weird cycle and the dr being lax. Hope you can get your answers from the scan.

Terri - Your decision about testing is a tough one. I would be anxious to get going, but it would be nice to have several to test. Hmmmm, hopefully you get several to test off your first cycle. Good luck.

Hi to everyone else. I've been checking in but not doing well with keeping up with responses.

Here's some more details on Penguin's birth. On Valentines Day, my parents watched DD while DH and I went out to eat and to my favorite ice cream shop. That night around 11pm, I had my first non-BH contraction. They started out about 20 minutes apart, but starting getting closer together pretty quickly. I tried to sleep, but no such luck. DH came to bed at 1 and they were 10-12 minutes apart. Called my parents to come back over at a little after 2am, got to the hospital at 2:45. They were asking me a ton of questions that should have been answered on my pre-registration, so I'm pretty sure they lost it. What difference does it make if my parents have had cancer? I'm trying to have a baby here! I decided to not be THAT lady having a baby and kept it together and answered their questions with DH's help. I was 6cm when I got there. An hour later was 8 cm and my dr was there. I did all my breathing which really did help. DH was awesome talking me through everything, reminding me to bring slowly, etc. 10 cm an hour later, pushed for 10 minutes and he was out. The last bit was pretty intense. DH said he thought I was going to break the side rail of the bed, bc I was pulling on it during each contraction/push. He was born at 4:52am. Things since have been nuts, but we're getting used to being a family of 4. DD loves him with out trying to treat him like a doll, which we thought might happen. We are all doing pretty well! :)

I talked to my nurse last night and she said that the genetic testing at the overnight place is about $2100 and the other place is about $1700. I guess they scare you and say $3-4K,so that when you hear the real price you think you're getting a deal/sale. That's a good sales trick that companies play all the time, but I'm much more relieved to hear that it will be $1700. It's still covered with my HSA, so who cares, really, but I'll have more money for other things. The nurse thought that a batch would be good especially because if we have several different sample sets we will know that there is definitely something wrong. On the other hand, with several different batches we may get lucky. We have to do a blood test, and the lab will be able to tell whose side the abnormality is on. Again, not that it matters, but it's good info as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still on BCP until about March 13, I think. I have to move up my regular girl appt., so the sooner I can get that moved, the sooner I can get off this BCP I think. C'mon cancellation!

Sis - I hope your doctor gives you some answers soon!

Rad - Awww. Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you had a pretty smooth labor, aside from the end of course. :) But you handled it well. I love that your DD is treating the baby like a doll. I'm sure it will take some adjusting to get used to but you guys will be great. :)

Terri - Yuck. I hope you can get off of those BCPs soon. I hate 'em.

Where's everyone else been?? Anyone hangin' around?

Radkat - Thanks for telling your story. :thumbup: It's comforting to hear such a smooth and relatively fast one. Recently, everyone I know has felt the need to tell me stories of the most horrible births they know of, for some strange reason. NOT HELPFUL PEOPLE!

AFM - I saw my new OBGYN in our new city. She was young and energetic, but...I was there for over TWO hours waiting...Next time I'm bringing a drink! She was very thorough in looking over all the ultrasounds and she says my due date is March 31st (not March 12th like the last dude!) which is good because we still have tons to do - setting up baby's room, unpacking the rest of the house (getting there) and our prenatal classes on the weekend of the 7th-8th. Overall feeling really great but anxious about being properly prepared!

How is everyone else? Terri, I'm glad you're prepping to try again. GL!!!

I've been lurking on and off. My cycle has been really wonky, especially until ovulation, which was late, and I'm still not sure when it happened since I got positive OPKs two days apart. I'm waiting for AF or to test on Saturday now.

oooh Terri looking forward to you getting started :happydance:

Radcat your delivery sounds lovely, so nice to hear good birth stories.

Fezzle..Good luck with your testing will be stalking lol

Sis..sorry your not liking your new Dr, lets hope you get your BFP soon and won't need them!!

Hi Kfs, driving, futermom and everyone else :wave:

Ok wasn't going to Update until I got my labs back but I'm going to a movie

So during US a blod of fluid was found she couldn't confirm but is trying to see of it blood that didn't shed or possibly a BFP!! :shrug:
It's pretty big and I think since no test is showing ++ it's left over from the crazy AF or whatever
She says nothing looks like I just had AF WTH I bled like a stuck pig :nope:

Will update later!!

Beta was negative E and P relate to beginning of my cycle like I thought !! :(

Such a rollercoaster. Did your test results come back from the extra testing that your doctor wanted you to do? Any insight from the results?

I heard from my nurse and she sent me the new IVF schedule. Retrieval is scheduled for the end of March. Yay! We have to have a teleconference with the genetic testing place as well as watch a video. I'll probably watch the video later on today. It's snowing again so I came in to work early so I don't have to worry about getting stuck in traffic or people speeding around me. I'm actually happy to get started again. Sooner or later this is bound to work. I'm just hoping it's sooner.

Sis - ditto Terri's question. What ever happened with all of the testing that they were doing?

Sorry been a crazy month so more stalking then responding! Sis - I finally got that package out to you...I felt bad not getting it out sooner.

Radkat - love the story!!

Hi to all!! Things should start to slow down in march so I'll update more then!

Radkat-it sounds as if you had the dream delivery! I hope the baby has been amazing as well.
Terri- so happy that you are moving forward again. DH wants to do pgd testing if the iuis don't wOrk. Im sure ill opt for overnight bc I'm impatient lol.
sis-wow how confusing your cycle is! I hope that you get answers.

Afm-my sister and baby niece visited this past weekend. It was a great visit. DH adores my niece. I loved seeing them together. My cycle appears to be out of wack still. It does not appear that i will be ovulating until my next cycle.

The only test they have done so far is Gluclose which came back Normal!! She has been waiting for CD3 to do those test over again FSH LH and AMH but since they didn't call me back until CD6 WTF!!

The nurse left a message that the Dr wants me to take BCP ... not happening!! I what heat the pill does to me much less it takes me forever to get PG after taking it!!
This new Dr isn't working out they take forever to call back and when they do they never call my cell like I've told them several times :nope:
Think we might just go back to the old Dr and do the Hscope I'm sick of waiting for someone to do something!! :grr:

Getting more INK therapy tomorrow oh and I got a HIGH this Am!! ;)

Good morning!!

Fezzle-Any big wedding updates?

Futuremom-You're getting down to the wire..labor classes this weekend and what's next?

Anyone else have anything of note going on? hee hee. We have our teleconference with the genetic counselor tonight. They are in the west coast, so the call is at 8pm our time. I don't really have any questions to ask. I'll just listen and say 'ok.' HA!!HA!!

Have a great day everyone. <3

Hi all!

Terri - I hope you learn something useful tonight but if not, oh well - at least it's one step down, right?

Nothing new going on here. I've been so busy at work/home so it's been hard to keep up on BnB. I have my big 2nd tri scan on Wednesday so I'm looking forward to that. In other news, my sister and SILs have been planning my shower and I really wanted to include my sister in it because she's pregnant, too. I know it's her second baby but they're 9 years apart so I thought it would be nice to include her. She of course adamantly refused when I mentioned it but I think we're going to move ahead with it as a surprise to her. I mean - it's stupid. My family's going to be there so all we have to do is invite her DHs side of the family. What do you all think?

Hi all. Quick update this end. We've decided to go for it this month. I think I'd regret it if I didn't try again. Am also spurred on by my cousin announcing her pg. So have started low dose of clomid days 2-6 and broken out the cbfm and keeping everything crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->