POAS Addict part 2!

Beautiful picture Amy! Must be a relief to know the baby is doing well, so happy for you!

Sorry about af Kay :(

Emily holidays are really good for conceiving! Either way it's always so good to get away :)

Thanks guys. TMI but I think maybe I got a longer lp again because AF is so painful this time.

I love Christmas, DH and I are big kids lol I refuse to buy anything until after ds2 and 4s birthdays (13th and 20th of October) but then I start getting bits.

Thanks Steph, I hope that you're right!

We normally do a big shopping trip and get everything in one weekend. That's what we'll be doing this coming weekend. We made our list last night and we'll be picking up quite a few things but we both love shopping so always have fun doing it!

And we still don't buy a ton of toys for Isla. We buy her Christmas jammies and a Christmas dress and then she has a few other small things to open (a puzzle, a book, a stuffie, etc) and we got her an Elmo toy to open up at day care but that's it.

We buy her enough stuff throughout the year and she gets so many presents from grandparents, Aunts/Aunties and Uncles that we always end up with a huge amount of gifts. I still have to go through her toys to put away some stuff that she no longer plays with. :wacko:

I'd love to do that, but just never really get the chance. This year I was going to do proper shopping trips because it was the first year in so long without a child old enough to notice what I was buying. But I can't wait till its close enough and always try to find the bargains on Amazon. But I can be impulsive and would end up with 20 things ds3 would like but I maybe shouldn't have bought because theres none he'd LOVE and 2 things for ds2.

I am completely immersed in the Christmas spirit too! This is the first year that Sophia really understands what is happening and she is so excited about Santa that it's completely rubbing off on me. I have bought her lots of bits and pieces, but her birthday is only 3 days before Christmas so we'll divide up the presents. I'm not getting Sienna much though because she doesn't understand what it's all about and has lots of 'baby' toys already. I got her a gorgeous red dress and will get her a small toy.

And the other piece of awesome news is that I got the tutoring job!!!!!! I'm so happy, it pays amazingly well and I only have to work 2 days a week from 8am-10am guiding a group of 10 med students through different clinical scenarios. And my sister got the same job so afterwards we can go out for a coffee or lunch without kids :D

That's amazing Steph, huge congrats! That's also awesome that your sister also got a job there. Sounds like you guys will have lots of fun!

I can't wait for Isla to be excited about Christmas. My niece is 4 and it is so cute listening to her speak about Santa.

CD16 here and I think 1DPO based on cramping and CM. Will try and BD tonight to cover our bases and then will BD this weekend too just in case I ov later than I thought. This is more BD than we have definitely done in any other NTNP cycle so we'll see if it pays off...

Awesome news Steph.

Ds4 will be getting about half what the others are and then some of it's more practical like the bath toys need replacing so he is having some bath toys lol
I'm so looking forward to seeing what he makes of it all though. He obviously doesn't remember last year or know what is going to happen but just to see him exploring everything and discovering Christmas.

Emily I have a good feeling for you this cycle!

Kay yeah will definitely be getting something practical for dd2 too, I was going to get her a dress anyway so after I bought it I thought 'hmm I could wrap it up..'. She is still very much a baby though, much more of a baby than Sophia was at this age. She still can't walk or talk, and is very clingy. If I had gotten pregnant back in June I would have had a very tough time having them so close so I think sometimes nature does know best.

Sometimes it does all seem to work out for the best. That would have been really tough if you had a newborn and she wasn't yet walking.

Thanks Steph, I hope so!

Yeah, Isla isn't really getting Christmas this year at all; at least she'll have a good time opening presents! I can totally see getting more for an older one and less for the younger kids Kay, they won't care anyway. We definitely didn't give Isla very much last year; I actually still have a Cabbage Patch Kid in her closet that we bought for her but it's still in it's package (I wanted to get her a 30th Anniversary doll). Probably give it to her for Christmas next year :haha:

Steph, I totally think that things always work out a certain way for a reason. Two of my friends are pregnant and one has a younger but less needy daughter (there will be less than 2 years between her kids) and the other has a slightly older but more needy son (there will be 2 years and 1 month between her kids) and my friend with the son is going to have a much tougher time with 2, she is totally freaking out right now actually.

Last year he had a few gifts just so the others saw he hadn't been forgotten. This year he had about half. I'll probably just increase it to meet the others as time goes on depending on what I find him. I don't mind it varying a little, just not enough for them to notice while they still think its santa. DS1 knows its not santa now though so will understand the money aspect of it.

Yeah Kay, I think at a young age kids are just happy to have presents to open on Christmas :thumbup:

Although I remember when I was 4 I got this shitty puzzle (actually looking back, it was a pretty cool puzzle) and my cousin got a Teddy Wespy which was this huge talking bear. I cried and cried because Santa had completely f**ed me over. I feel so bad for my parents now!

I got Sienna these toy eggs that she can take apart and put back together, and then put them in the egg carton. She really likes putting things together so I think she'll like it (at least she's too young to throw them at me when her sister is getting all this awesome Frozen gear!).

And yes Emily I completely agree, that it depends on the kids how well you (and they) do with a small gap. My sister has 18 months between her two VERY needy children and it has traumatised her for life! She is definitely done but the sad part is that she didn't really get to enjoy them being little as much as she could have.

I have 22 months between mine and had a much easier time until last month when Sienna decided that I can't go anywhere without her. I hope when she starts walking it will get better...she is so close, she can walk really fast just holding on to one finger, but as soon as I let go she starts crying and wants to be picked up for a cuddle! I must admit I am enjoying the cuddles though, Sophia was (and still is!) always too busy!

Eeeeeeek Tom and I have been looking at engagement rings today!!!:thumbup:

kissingtoast (sorry I can't remember your name) omg yay!!

I had 20 months between DS1 and 2 and DS1 was just the easiest child ever. Everyone would tell us what a 'good' baby he was and we really didn't know. I had zero experience with babies. Honestly I hadn't ever held a newborn (other than with help with I was 13 months old and holding my brothers. Oh man, theres a new found respect for what my Mum had to do with a 13 month old and newborn twins!) so I really thought all babies were like him. And if it was that great having babies we should definitely have another as soon as possible.
Then came DS2. That boy screamed and cried practically all day until he could crawl, and he continued to scream for hours at night until he was 2.5 years old. Turns out it wasn't my awesome parenting with DS1 after all LOL He was such a Daddys boy too, hardly wanted anything to do with me if his Dad was home.
If he had been a first child I wouldn't have even considered another for years afterwards. But knowing what it could be like and that not all babies were like him I still went for a closer gap. We ended up with 2 yrs 4 months. And he a good baby but a very clingy toddler. I was only his Mummy and he was only my baby, no one else could do anything with him or for him or he'd scream and if anyone tried to sit with me he'd push them away. And he nursed all the time.
DS4 is much more like DS1. He is happy all the time, he doesn't mind who he is with. We also recently had a little bit of clinginess but it seems to have passed, touch wood.

Steph I remember once going to buy some shoes with my Mum and they had sparkly red ones like the wizard of oz and of course I wanted the sparkly red ones, but they didn't have my size. I tried to squeeze my feet in but it wasn't happening. I cried so much. We left with no shoes and on the way home my Mum said "its not me you're embarrassing, its yourself. (Although I'm pretty sure if one of m kids cried the way I did I would be embarrassed) about 10 years later we bumped into this woman in the shopping centre and it turned out she worked in the shoes hop back then and my mum sort of knew her and she said "thats never the little girl who cried and cried because she wanted red shoes?!"

Ooooh Laura how exciting!!!! When are you planning the wedding for?

Kay that's interesting how they can all be so different. I also thought dd1 being so confident and independent was down to my parenting...turns out it's just her personality and I had nothing to do with it. It's really cool seeing their little personalities develop, both so different, but equally awesome!

I found out another friend of mine is pregnant today. There were 3 of us that used to go out for lunch quite a lot when our first kids were little, now one is 22 weeks pregnant and the other is 11 weeks pregnant, both with their second babies. And I can honestly say that I was happy for her when I found out and not overly depressed at my 'barreness'. I mean, I did think " Ffs, everyone manages to get pregnant apart from me'', but I wasn't jealous like when I found out the 1st one was pregnant, so at least I know I'm in a better place!

Today I'm really feeling good as well. I've felt awful the last few days, like it's over and I'll never have another baby. But today I feel like I can wait, and if it isn't meant to be then it isn't meant to be and I'll be ok with that. I'm living the stage ds4 is in right now and I have to admit that DH is right, it's so much fun with him by himself without being exhausted by pregnancy or an older child running around all day. I even manage to nap occasionally when he does if we've had a bad night!

Hey ladies, Not really thought about the wedding bit yet, gotta wait for my ring first ;)

Today I've had sore boobs which is a little weird for me at this point in my cycle (I think I'm 6dpo).... Maybe its a good sign!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->