Spring/Summer IUI support thread

I did my first injection for stims last night, it's gotten me a bit more excited about this iui. I still am trying to get too much hope. It sucks so much to have one disappointment after another.

aayla - I'm sorry I really have no idea about any of that stuff. I had never heard of hyperplasia before but it does sound scary and I would probably skip the femara if I were in your shoes but it's so much easier said than done. skipping a cycle feels like a million years!! do you have a refill for femara then?

danser - hooray !! you sound like me - I never really want to let myself get excited or get my hopes up. we've been let down by ttc so many times that it's easier to just expect the worst. which is why I've been all over the place with this IUI. my gut wants to be excited and my head wants to say it'll never happen and there's just a war going on inside me! :dohh: FX!

taking another opk soon and really hoping it's not positive. I'm not expecting it will be. less than 24 hours til my scan - ahhh!

Yea I'm with danser55 on this one. I'd get a second opinion before I made a decision.

AFM- U/S looked great just waiting to here back about my blood work and if that's good then I'll be starting clomid tonight

so hubby and I had a talk. the option of going back onto provera for a short while is a no. My weight is going down at a very good pace since I have been off of it and I am a crazy person on it.

While it is hard to skip a cycle we know it has to be done. I've been dealing with this issue for years (it has been what has kept us from doing anything until last year). I know why he wants to do it but it just sucks cause I got my hopes up.

So we are going to not do the femara and we will wait out this cycle. But since I have to induce my cycles if I am not on it I will have to go back on the provera for a week. My thought is to induce it early. Why give myself a 35 day cycle if I don't have to have one. I will have to wait until I get the results back of course but it should fall within my time frame.

I'm a little more at peace now. I knew I was going to have to get through the hard days in may. But on the plus side we will still be trying in May so I don't have to wait out the month.

Hello everyone!

I'm currently 12dpo/dpiui and seemingly still in this, however if doesn't pan out this time then we will hopefully be on board for another at the end of April (pending no cysts and no need for provera). Unfortunately the RE we're working with leaves us hanging after IUI and doesn't run any tests until you have a bfp on a hpt, so no way to know if I actually ovulated or just created new cysts until the next round. He has me doing 3 cycles of Clomid/Novarel/IUI and this was cycle #1.

Tatty- don't you do OPKs?
Also, my RE doesn't do the progestrone test either. He said there is new research to suggest it isn't accurate and in his option it's a waste of money so maybe that's why you RE doesn't do it either. When will you plan to tests?

Hi mrs.green, no I was told by the same RE that the HCG trigger interferes with the accuracy of OPKs.

I tested this morning and bfn. They told me not to test until 14dpiui, but I wanted to see if the trigger had cleared and had been really patient up to then.

So as long as I don't see AF then I'll retest Saturday.

You're probably right about the progesterone testing, but just to be safe next cycle, I'm paying for it independent of my RE. I really think low progesterone has been a major factor in my inability to conceive the last 3.5 yrs.

Aayla- that's good hun

TattyOfRoses- Welcome and good luck

AFM- I'll be starting clomid tonight

Hey lovely ladies! Today I am 10dpiui. We have visited 6 different supermarkets and bought a range of test from each one (just to make sure they are accurate)!!!!
We are going to test when we get home. Unlikely it will be an accurate reading but will keep testing every morning for the next week until AF turns up or until next Wednesday when our DR officially told us to test ;-)
Wish me luck!!!

Danser: Yay for stimming!

Real: Yay for clomid!

Tatty: welcome. If you are getting triggered after the opk's it shouldn't affect them. Which I do believe is how it is done. But I could see how the hcg might affect the progesterone. I get the 7dpo progesterone test. It has never been wrong yet. But I don't get the trigger shot.

MrsLJo: wooo hooo!! :happydance: pictures!!! I love squinting and seeing if I can see a line

Aayla - Thanks!

Well...onto iui cycle #2. AF hit me like a brick wall this afternoon. I hate that my short LPs even affect medicated/triggered cycles. Anyway I'll have my cyst check u/s and blood work Saturday and pop back in to see how everyone else is doing until I can hopefully rejoin the ranks later this month.

So took 2 test last night which both had faint lines on but unsure if it still the trigger shot in me etc.
Took 2 test today 11dpiui nearly 14dp trigger- and once again saw faint lines. Will test again tomorrow to see if the lines are getting darker if light then I will know if it's the hcg trigger levels or pregnancy!!!!

Test- 11dpiui- trigger shot or pregnant??

Attachments

• IMG-20160408-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20160408-WA0001.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 22
Hard to say. They say to wait 2 weeks for some hcg leaves earlier and some later. And what is also confusing is usually by this point, if you are pregnant, implantation has happened so while you may have hcg left because of trigger you could also be producing it at the same time.

I see the lines though. Looking forward to more tests.

How are all my lovely ladies doing?

MrsLJO - ooh I see you're testing now, can see the lines there!! Fx they get darker for you :happydance:

I had a few days off, I was really miserable about not being able to start. But had a long call with my bestie in London & distracted my self with friends here I feel a lot better.. my Fiancée is finally back tonight yaaay!!!

Is anyone close to IUI date yet?

NovemberRayne- I was just thinking about you behind this morning. But I'm glad you're feeling better.

MrsJLO- I hope they get darker for you honey. FX for you hun

AFM- I'll be taking my 2nd pill of clomid tonight and my iui has been moved up to the 17th. But we'll see what happens on the 15th with my blood work and u/s

mrsLJO - definitely lines there, FX they get darker!! :) you're giving me hope!

NovemberRayne - yay for fiance coming back!!

Realfemme - so you're just over a week away most likely! Are you getting excited??

As for me..I'm doing okay, been having very weird dreams the past two nights about people I haven't seen for years. I need to stay off of google, every little thing that happens to me I somehow read that it could be an early symptom LOL I decided to go and buy 4 tests. I'll test Sunday - Wednesday, if Wednesday is neg. I will most likely be getting AF or at least spotting right around then. We'll see what happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->