Spring/Summer IUI support thread

friday night would be perfect timing danser! the trigger didn't affect my temps. I looked on FF chart gallery too and didn't see many charts that the temp jump until 36 after trigger so just due to ovulation. so I just stayed temping even though my docs told me not to. I'm glad I did - my chart looks just like ever other month!

Kate: So happy your numbers are great!!

beemeck: FX for you that FF is wrong. But if it isn't and you did miss your window then I would tell the doc that you O the same day as a positive OPK. That happened to me one cycle. thankfully I was making sure we did it every day during that week. :haha: And looking back on your previous charts it is uncommon for you either. What time did you do your opk and got the positive?

Danser: good luck on your scans on friday. Are you testing out the trigger or just waiting 2 weeks?

AFM: just waiting for the doc to call. I started my provera again so that if I get a call in the next day or two I will be ready. Since I just had a bleed I am not sure if 7 days will be long enough. I might make it 10. I am on day 5 today.

thanks aayla! good luck to you! I still feel so clueless and I also know nothing about provera, but keep us posted and hope that everything is headed in the right direction :hugs:

I do occasionally O the same day of opk. it's either the day of or day after and this month I got my pos with fmu. I never test that early but did that morning before my ultrasound at 8. it was so close to positive the night before too. so when I went in for my ultrasound on friday, the tech said my follicle had just ruptured (it disappears completely not long after rupturing so it seemed like they are able to pinpoint it perfectly when that happens). so the tech said, you'll prob get your iui today, the nurse said you'll prob get your iui today, let me get the doc. doc came in and said iui tomorrow and I'm kicking myself now not questioning any of it. I just assumed that doc knew better than the tech and nurse but I'm wondering how much he even looked at my stuff then. ugh :dohh:

having high hopes that next cycle will be timed better!

Well I suppose it could still be possible though. IUI is different than sex. With sex it would be a no go because it takes so long for the sperm to go through the cervix and get up to the egg. But with an IUI it's putting those guys right up there. so it is possible that even though the egg was released the sperm got to it in time. According to my googling the egg will wait for 24 hours for sperm to come. if not, it moves through the uterus and then disintegrates.

So i say you have a chance still.

Hello Ladies! Do you mind if I join you all? DH and I just got the go ahead from our doctor to start IUI this month!

Short back story: DH and I have been TTC for over a year; we are currently on cycle 17. We have never gotten a BFP. All of my tests are good, and DH is also good but we have been diagnosed with an unknown male factor. Since I have very regular cycles and clear markers of ovulation each month with a good supply of healthy follicles, we are going with a few natural IUI cycles first before we try with clomid or some other fertility drug. I just started a new cycle over the weekend, so hopefully we'll be able to go in for our very first try sometime next week!

aw aayla that is so sweet of you. I was working it all out in my head too and if it is 24 hours then there is def still a chance. I read that the egg lives 12-24 hours so I wasn't sure. hoping it's closer to the latter !

welcome bookgeek! I, too, am a book geek :haha:

how exciting to be starting iui! this was also my first one and the momentum of getting that ball rolling carried me a long way. will they still be monitoring you via ultrasound to get the timing down?

FX for you!

Thank you, aayla and beemeck! I'm very excited! For right now they won't be monitoring me via ultrasound. I'm just using OKPs for now, and it was recommended that I use the digital Clear Blue brand to eliminate any guesswork in how dark a line is on some of the other brands. :-k

the smiley face on the CB is wonderful. I plan on going back to that this cycle. I won't be doing IUI just yet as it isn't totally necessary. We did get pregnant back in August through timed intercourse so the doc thinks that will still work. I want to do 3 cycles of that and if not we will move on to IUI.

But the cb digi is what I used during my bfp cycle so we will be going back to that.

hello all,
i know its been awhile. i kind of fell off. but it was because i was trying to keep my mind off things. as most of you know my first IUI treatment did not work. so my husband and i decided to try something different this time around.(timed intercourse) so after AF came i started another round of clomid. after AF left i waited 5 days to take a opk test. there was a faint line. we started having "date night" every other day since then. so on 4/15/16 we took another and the line was more noticable so we had another "date night". we go into the dr Wednesday. and we will see how things are going. we will also be talking about IVF. my question to you all.. is it normal to have a positive opk test 4 days apart?

i am hoping that our plan has worked. especially since i ovulated on my own. with out the shot.:happydance:

An opk is only positive if the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. So a light line would mean not positive. There are some women that see progression but none of the tests matter until it is as dark as control.

This cycle was my first time getting the hcG trigger shot. It's been 5 days now. My boobs are still extremely sore. It's so deceiving how the shot causes pregnancy symptoms. I feel like I can't even enjoy "symptom spotting" bc I know anything I'm experiencing is caused by injecting pregnancy hormone into my system.

For those that have done the trigger shot -- how long is it going to play mind games with me?

I haven't done the trigger but it can last about 2 weeks from what I have read.

I got the trigger and only noticed frequent urination as a symptom. I believe it's out of your system in 12 days so not much luck with symptom spotting or early testing ! Fx for you love :)

beemeck- There's still a chance doll face so stay positive and keep us posted.

Aayla- Good luck to you and I hope everything works out for the best.

BookGeek- Welcome and I wish you nothing but the best as well.

AFM- Ultrasound looked great and my estrogen jumped from 66 to 122. So I'll be going back tomorrow for more blood work and ultrasound. And if all looks good then I'll have my IUI either Friday or Saturday.

bteague0421- Good luck hun

RubyRainbows- this will be my first time using the trigger shot once I get the okay from my Dr.

that's great femme! good luck!!! :happydance::happydance:

bteague - as aayla said, it's only considered positive when the test line is darker than the control. they are hard to get the hang of, but when I finally saw that blazing, dark positive, I saved it so I can compare it month by month to know when my next positive is. good luck!!

This cycle was my first time getting the hcG trigger shot. It's been 5 days now. My boobs are still extremely sore. It's so deceiving how the shot causes pregnancy symptoms. I feel like I can't even enjoy "symptom spotting" bc I know anything I'm experiencing is caused by injecting pregnancy hormone into my system.

For those that have done the trigger shot -- how long is it going to play mind games with me?

I am 5 days out from my trigge-r my boobs are still sore, I am bloated, have some nausea, heartburn- basically it feels like being pregnant. It's a mind fuck really.
The thing is when I did my IVF cycles I did 2 trigger shots and I didn't feel this way from them. I'm only 3 dpo so it's not any real pregnancy symptoms. It's probably psychological.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->