Sticking Together Until We All Get BFP's!!!!

I'm sorry about your cyst Michelle :( I'm obviously very behind on here.. Are you doing medicated cycles? Or did you learn of your cyst due to pain? I had a very painful cyst when I was 16 and it felt like my tube was going to rupture! Thankfully they caught it on time, especially since it was my left tube, which is my only tube now. Even if it's damaged, I pray one day my body will heal it for me and get another miracle baby but without IVF. Idk if or when we could afford IVF 100% out of pocket so that would be amazing! I decided to temp every other day or so this cycle just to see if my cycles back to normal or not but so far it hasn't been easy temping since Alexia wakes at different times in the a.m. Hopefully I'll notice a shift either way. I'm not using OPKs or anything like that. We're strictly BDing as we please and hope for a surprise, whether it's in a couple of months or a couple of years, I'd be over the moon!

So dh and I are finally having our wedding this summer!! FINALLY!! My parents are able to help with the costs now, which made it possible to truly set a date. August 21st is our wedding date :) We aren't planning anything fancy.. Just a casual small wedding with our closest friends and family. I'm very excited for this! I wanted to have our wedding while I was pregnant for the cute bump pics but due to sickness, that wasn't possible. But now Alexia can be in the wedding so I can't complain.

Anyway, I wish you guys the best of luck and lots of dust for this cycle (Angela) and next cycle (Michelle)!! Fx!

Thanks Mary! Good to hear about your wedding. SO happy for you. DD got married in March, and it was a stunningly beautiful (emotionally and photographically) experience. Can't wait for FB pics of your wedding!

Ooh that is exciting about the wedding, Mary!

And I am doing medicated cycles, so that's how we knew about the cyst. It doesn't hurt and I don't think it's too big, but of course I can't do drugs until it goes away. So hopefully it's gone in a couple of weeks! This happened to me last cycle too. I guess maybe not all of my follicles are popping when I trigger?

Hmm, is that what your doc thinks, Michelle?

Oh Angela, I knew your daughter was getting married but didn't realize it had already passed! Are there pics on FB? I haven't been on there in so long due to getting a new phone and I just haven't uploaded FB on here yet but I can still plug my old phone in and access it from wifi. Aiden kinda took over my old phone for YouTube and other things these kids are into nowadays! lol

There are photos on FB! I just sent you a link to some of the professional photos via FB messenger. I'm not allowed to post any that haven't already been published per the bride. We just got the professional photos and, due to illness, she hasn't put them on FB yet. Obviously, she wants to be the first to make them public.

Of course! I'll definitely steal my old phone back from Aiden and check them out by tomorrow! :)

Hmm, is that what your doc thinks, Michelle?

Oh Angela, I knew your daughter was getting married but didn't realize it had already passed! Are there pics on FB? I haven't been on there in so long due to getting a new phone and I just haven't uploaded FB on here yet but I can still plug my old phone in and access it from wifi. Aiden kinda took over my old phone for YouTube and other things these kids are into nowadays! lol

I'm not sure. I didn't get to see him this past time since he was out of town, so I saw a different doc. I plan on asking at my appt in a couple of weeks to see if he has any insight.

A cyst is usually there after a follie pops out of the ovary so maybe it's either more than one follicle popped out, causing a larger cyst than the average OR its from an empty follicle? I'm curious to hear what your doc says about it in a couple of week.

A cyst is usually there after a follie pops out of the ovary so maybe it's either more than one follicle popped out, causing a larger cyst than the average OR its from an empty follicle? I'm curious to hear what your doc says about it in a couple of week.

Me too! I definitely had multiple follicles. I just want to make sure they are all popping when I do the trigger shot. And I've had this leftover cyst the past two cycles and didn't get pregnant (and I have gotten pregnant on 3/4 medicated cycles previously), so I'm curious if there is a connection at all. We shall see!

Me too! I definitely had multiple follicles. I just want to make sure they are all popping when I do the trigger shot. And I've had this leftover cyst the past two cycles and didn't get pregnant (and I have gotten pregnant on 3/4 medicated cycles previously), so I'm curious if there is a connection at all. We shall see!

Definitely update me when you know! Do you know if you had a cyst the 3 medicated cycles that you did get pregnant? I know I had a little cyst after O right before we started our IVF process and the "day 21" test showed I did O but who knows if it was an empty follie or not. Maybe your egg just didn't get fertilized for whatever reason the last 2 months but still popped out just fine..? Maybe they just weren't that "golden egg", u know what I mean? My RE said it's very common to see cysts after O, even if pregnant. I guess the embie feeds off of this "corpus litium" cyst because when I asked if it was bad and should be removed in my pregnancy with Aiden, they said it would actually be bad for the baby to remove it as its "feeding" off of it in some way. But your RE knows the ins and outs (literally!) so there may be something that I'm not even aware of! I do know I had multiple empty follicles when we did IVF so seeing as you didn't conceive, my guess would be that either too many released and some or all were empty. Hopefully he can figure it out so that if your meds need to be adjusted or what not, he/she can fix the problem (if there is one) before you start your next medicated cycle. I wish you lots of luck Michelle! You've been through so much lately with your losses and I pray for your sticky bean... You deserve it! Same with Angela.. You two both deserve this very VERY much! Lots of hugs and dust! :hugs: :dust:

Thanks so much Mary! I have a lot of questions for my RE in a couple of weeks haha. Curious if he will adjust my meds at all.

I have a feeling I'm in for another long cycle.. My temps have been so erratic (I didn't even include the first 3 days that I was temping because they seemed so off but I guess maybe they werent. One day it was 98.39, then 97.81 then 98.66. They're everywhere!) I always had such stable temps. I wish I still had FF VIP so everyone could see my past 20 something charts from TTC Alexia. I'm guessing either it'll be an annov. cycle or my temps are just erratic due to inconsistent sleep. My temps were lower before.. Maybe they're simply just normally higher now, but they're still erratic. Plus it's been hot in our room at night, last night esp. Alexia is also teething like crazy and it seems like since the first day I started trying to temp, she's sleeping a lot less at night lol. Oh well! I'm sure charting will start to work for me again soon enough. I'm going to keep trying and see if I can see any type of noticeable shift. Even while not actually ATTC and just NTNP, erratic temps/a not so pretty chart still drive me nuts! lol :haha:

Michelle, when I did IVF, they had me on bcp for 6 weeks leading up to stemming and they did this to "preserve" the eggs & with you being on bcp for even just 2 weeks can do the same thing, which can be a very good thing. It'll keep follies from popping out when it/they usually would and then when you start your meds again, it could make for better eggs. If you google about bcp and egg preservation, there's plenty of info. I honestly think that's why i conceived Aiden because after a couple of years of NTNP & no BFP, I ended up with another small cyst (nothing like the one that almost ruptured my tube!) and like you, they put me on bcp for 3 weeks and the very next month, BOOM, I was pregnant with Aiden. I am a true believer that short term bcp can be helpful for TTC and have no doubt that that's what made it possible for me to conceive Aiden. I hadnt been on bcp for years before that and that was the ONLY change I had that could've made a difference that month. Hopefully it'll do the trick for you this next cycle ;)

Oh wow, I had no idea about the egg quality with BCP! I do hope it helps.

And sorry you may have a long cycle. That's what I always find most frustrating about unmedicated cycles.

Well ladies, I have to leave for a weekend conference on the morning of CD14. I O a time bw CD12 & CD15. I'm praying for another CD12-CD13 O like last month so that my timing is optimal. I guess there is nothing I can do but wait.

Also, AF is scant this month. That's concerning in terms of whether I'm building a sufficient lining, but I know last months AF was fine. I don't know what to make of my wacky body! I'm afraid it's all due to age and egg health.

I'm sorry Angela. But I do still have much hope that you'll catch that egg this cycle. Just make sure u BD sometime on CD 12&13 and that'll leave plenty of swimmers for a cd14 O. Remember, BDing the day before O is always best! It gives the little swimmers time to make their journey and be awaiting your egg to pop :) Good luck hun! And I hope you have a safe trip when you leave!

Hows everything going Angela? Have you had any signs of O, such as a positive OPK or EW/watery CM? I really do think you have every chance in the world of catching that egg before you leave as long as ur able to BD the 1-2 days before O. The day of O doesn't matter as much as the day before so I wouldn't worry too much ;) FX for you!

My OPK started to get dark on CD9. So, I thought I was in for another early O. Now, on CD11, it's very light again. So, I don't have a clue what's going on.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you O no later than Friday, seeing as you leave Thursday and hopefully can sneak in BDing before you leave that day ;)

I *think* I Oed yesterday so hopefully I'm not in for another super long cycle. I plan to temp until 3-4dpo just to confirm and temping hasn't been easy with my sleep schedule and all so fx I have truly Oed! I don't want to be wondering what's going on with AF for almost 2 months like I did last cycle.

Anyway, lots of luck and dust to you!!

Woot! My cyst is gone. I asked doc what caused it and he said it could have either been the follicle not popping or the corpus lutem not resolving as quickly as it should have.

We're also trying something a bit different! I'm doing Clomid and menopur instead of Clomid and Follistim like I've done in the past.

I'm also starting metformin to see if that helps get me pregnant and keeps me from miscarrying. My doc days that insulin resistance is most common in heavier pcos patients, but it can be present in a lot of lean pcos patients like me. So we're trying it and we shall see! I know there is varying evidence out there on whether it helps with miscarriage or not, but I will try anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->