Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

im gonna buy a pump....i would like baby to have the :holly: milk but just cant do it :blush: so pump it is..:thumbup:
dont ask me poppy im a learner here too lol xx

Lol, I know after a C section it can take a while but I presume you can just BF when it comes in? Dunno.

On a completely unrelated subject have you seen Google's homepage graphics today? Amazing

at first you have colostrum to feed the baby, they only need that the first few days. You can pump that too. I must admit I found pumping bloody painful :argh: then when your milk comes in the baby drinks that, everything they need is in the breast. I have colostrum now when i squeeze my nipple:blush:

Sorry Coral, lazy morning :haha: 12.30, 1? what's good for you? Will go catch up on posts now x

I breastfed all mine as you all learnt the other day :haha: Incidentally DH is now fascinated by the concept of me having milk :rofl: i decided to try out my breast pump to see if its in working order and have quite copious amounts of colostrum. This goes against the grain a little but I'll be expressing and freezing stock before the bubba comes as all mine have needed extra formula in hospital due to being large babies and me having GD.

Anyhow, like the others said, you produce colostrum from now until a couple of days after the birth. Colostrum really is like liquid gold, they pay £1000 for just a small amount of it in SCBU. Its really high in protein so bubba only needs a tiny amount (about a teaspoon full each feed) But the reason its like liquid gold, is that its full of antibodies (the things that fight infection and give immunity) So even if you give just one feed of this amazing mumma juice, its done your bubba good. So that's why I really recommend anyone to give it a go.

Yes breastfeeding is more demanding in the early days, and you can be very sore at first. BUT once its established, it actually takes less time to feed, you have no sterilising making up and warming to do, and you can feed laying down. For me the feeding laying down bit sold it for me :rofl: I like to be lazy :haha:

As for if you can express exclusively, Its possible, but very time consuming. Also bear in mind that expressing takes longer than actually breastfeeding, plus you then have to feed it in a bottle. Also your milk supply is supply on demand, so the more you feed, the more you make. So if you want to make enough milk for all his feeds, you will have to express as much as you give.

I agree that its hard not knowing how much they are getting though, but that worry goes away once you see they are putting on weight, and being content. I found that VERY difficult so totally get that one.

Anyhow, other news... :haha:

Caz, you have really gone for it this time haven't ya! :dust: on your O x

PK, I'll be keeping everything crossed you can start IUI asap, and DH SA results will be in time for the appointment. Sending more huggles :hugs: x

MC, miss you on here! happy 100 days!!! :happydance: x

Poppy, brain melting down, you ok? :rofl: sorry :haha: x

Tink shall we make it 1 then? I'm waiting for a delivery and hope it gets here before I leave.

so tink do you think its a good idea to pump now and freeze colostrum? never thought about that

cd1 for me girls :cry:

eh well...i'll be better by tomorrow. stuuuuuuuupid cramps woke me up out of dead sleep at 4am this morning they were so bad. i knew by then that af was defo coming and sure enough, i had to take my temp early so i could go to the bathroom and use a softcup. ugh. i've already taken 3 ibuprofen's and i'm still cramping...so painful. :nope:

breastfeeding...i'm with tink on this one. i was going to say a lot of the same stuff she did. so no need to repeat it all i guess. some of my sisters have had to use a "nipple guard" while nursing to reduce risk of infections and cysts, but i've never had that problem. i typically just got a little sore in the beginning. it takes a few days...maybe a week or so for your nipples to get used to it, but by then it's very natural feeling and no pain with it. i was never able to express/pump adequately. the action of the baby sucking triggered "let down" for me...pumping wouldn't do it. IF i pumped, i had to nurse on the other side at the same time to get anything out. it was annoying and the pumping for me was painful, whereas the bf'ing was very simple...the way tink described. and it is VERY MUCH supply/demand. you gotta remember, that women have been bf'ing their little ones since the beginning of time, and having enough milk is rarely an issue. i bf the shortest length of time with my first lo...about 2-3 months. i didn't want to stop, it was heartbreaking to me to have to, but i got pg with my 2nd about that time and that caused my milk supply to dry up and dd1 started to lose a little weight, so we put her on formula. it was terribly heartwrenching to have to break it off like that and not be prepared or wean...you form an amazing bond with lo while doing it, imo. that's not to say you don't have an amazing bond otherwise...it's just a very special thing. the thing i've been told/read about bottlefeeding is that you have to make sure that you are still switching baby from left to right during different feedings b/c switching the breasts helps baby to develop left/right brain function, so the tendency while bottlefeeding is to always feed on whatever side is most comfortable and that's not as good for baby. plus like tink said the colostrum is SO important. baby gets all of YOUR antibodies/immunities when you breastfeed during early days. so everything you are already immune to protects baby from getting sick. and like tink said too...i LOVED being able to lay in bed with :baby: and nurse...didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to warm a bottle and all that. i'm lazy too :haha:

:wave::hi: ladies,

Poppy, so sorry for your friend hun:hugs:
Coral & Tink, I hope you two have a wonderful afternoon :)
MC, I say give BF a try :thumbup:

Hiya:hi: Poppy,Puppycat,Lew,PK,Reagal,Hopes,Caz,Phoebe

Oh Pk, my LP was 13 last cycle(March) & 16 in Feb. I have NEVER had a cyle longer than 30-31 days. I hope this was just fluke this cycle and I get back on track next month. The only good thing(I hope) is that I wont have :af: this weekend. I am going to Louisiana for my nephew's graduation:happydance:

hey ladies, not on here for long having bit of a rubbish time at the moment, just wanted to let u know that i have to try to get an appointment monday because i thought appointment was today but was yesterday :dohh: will catch up soon
Really hope you are all doing okay :hugs:

xxxxxx

my sisters SIL had baby :blue: at 410pm...9lb 4oz she had the epidural so not too bab, no name yet cant wait to visit!! :happydance: mum n baby doing well :happydance: xxx

Awww congratz :happydance::happydance: just dont tell her your chosen name she may pinch it :haha:

she will be slapped if she steals it lol, also just found out my "so called" minted great uncle left me 5% of his estate in his will..:happydance: may be a nice few quid expected around my due date..:yipee: FXd eh!!

wow amazing news MC :happydance::happydance: all my family are paupers lol... my mum side are all travellers with the circus in southern Ireland and dad's side ermmmm nothing from Northern Ireland. When i was 2yrs they wanted to train me for the circus but my parents decided to move over here 'lucky escape' x

Hi girls!
Good news MC :)
Well my PMA has took a nosedive today because i was naughty and tested early and needless to say it was bfn :( my only saving grace is that i only have tesco tests that say they 'pick up hcg on the day of a missed period' so i know i still have a little time but im bummed, also my cm has totally dried up and i feel no different to how i feel normally at this point in my cycle. So im expecting af on Monday. . . again x

PK so sorry you are. Cd 1 Hun. :hugs:

Mc congrats on your sisters sil baby boy! Also don't buy a pump do the nuby free breast pump. Mine came today. There is a post in third trimester somewhere that explains how to get it. I only did it last week. U have to like nuby uk on Facebook then email them your 20week scan and fill in some details:thumbup:

Jenny sorry for bfn:hugs: you are not out yet though might be too soon to pick up hcg.

Had a nice lunch with tink and talked about nothing but pregnancy and babies:haha:

Hi lupine sorry you missed your appointment.

China have fun at your nephews graduation and hope the witch stays well away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->