Team GB Bumps - UK BFP's *30 BFP's*

well, last night was a failure- perfect positive OPK, but DH couldn't finish...too much pressure I guess. I'm feeling so depressed... :cry:

Annie, it's not too late though, if you can try to do it today?

Remember, the opk predicts ovulation within the next 36 hours, so you're not out yet xxx

We're going to try again this evening, but we're out for dinner and...I dunno, we just seem to find it so hard to find the time and energy... Last night he said we'd try again in the morning, but it just didn't happen...and then we ended up with tears and arguments...why is something that should be so natural to f-ing difficult. I'm so tired of TTC just now...it feels so tempting to say f*** this and get on with my life...

I also had to call up the surgery this morning to change the dates of my blood tests I've booked in as I'll have O'd about 4-5 days earlier than expected. Even that was a mission in itself...

:hugs: honey. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Hubby and I fell out so many times because I think I used to build it all up and put so much pressure on that one day a month because that's the only way it would work obvs!
I think when you get past the year mark it becomes a very stressful time. But please look to the future and believe it will happen. There will be months when you feel that it never will and you get angry and want to blame someone or something. Divorce was mentioned in our house because at times I just felt like I was the only one trying and wanting it. I do think that just put more pressure on him.
It's so hard because we build up all our expectations of that one day and it never turns out how we planned.

I do get how you feel and you are not alone in the slightest, these problems are completely normal and no reflection on your relationship. In fact, it probably is a reflection of how badly you both want it because you're clearly both putting different pressures on yourselves - him included, even if it doesn't feel like he is.

Try to take a deep breath, not have too many expectations of tonight, not kick yourself or get angry if it doesn't happen. If you did have to wait another month, your child would still be in the same school year. I know when you want it so bad each month feels like the end of the world. I've been there, every month, for 5 years. Just try not to be so hard on yourselves and believe it will happen eventually. If it happened for me, there is absolutely no reason it won't happen for you ok :hugs: just hang in there, be nice to each other and try to remember why you want a child so much - because of how much you love each other.
xxxxxxx

Jo is right as always don't feel to dis-heartened annie it is tough and does create alot of pressure on both of you. Try and relax and I hope you have a better evening this evening ;)

Ok so... We met up outside the restaurant and I said before we go in I needed to tell him something. So i pulled him to the side and gave him a book called 'Dad's Guide to Pregnancy for Dummies' and said "you're going to need this now" and he just went oh cool and looked a bit blank so I sort of stared at him pointedly and suddenly you could see it click in his head and he said are you serious so i showed him the digi test which i had put in my bag and he squeezed me so tight I almost couldn't breathe! I stopped him by saying "baby needs air" lol. He almost cried and if we had been at home I think he would have done. He was so cute! Its also been decided that instead of referring to it as baby it is now 'squishy' (like in Finding Nemo).

Ok so... We met up outside the restaurant and I said before we go in I needed to tell him something. So i pulled him to the side and gave him a book called 'Dad's Guide to Pregnancy for Dummies' and said "you're going to need this now" and he just went oh cool and looked a bit blank so I sort of stared at him pointedly and suddenly you could see it click in his head and he said are you serious so i showed him the digi test which i had put in my bag and he squeezed me so tight I almost couldn't breathe! I stopped him by saying "baby needs air" lol. He almost cried and if we had been at home I think he would have done. He was so cute! Its also been decided that instead of referring to it as baby it is now 'squishy' (like in Finding Nemo).

:cry: that brought a little tear to my eye :cloud9: :hi: squishy!

Aww. All I got of dh was 'I kind of thought so' when I told him but he did shed a tear at ultrasound today, bless him.

Annie, I echo everything Jo said, I don't know why it takes longer for some people yet others fall so easily without any problems at all, we just have to believe that everything happens for a reason and we'll each get our turns when the time is right. My OH also has finishing issues and we're still not around that but I try my best not to put pressure on him, and we're still trying to work out what works and what doesn't (in terms of feeling pressure, not how to BD!!), but I'm trying my best not to take it out on him, and I'm sure your OH is the same as mine, he feels guilty about it because he knows this bit is up to him. I think talking about things can help sometimes, to make sure you're both on the same page.

But having said all that, I am 99% sure I got my BFP from a non completed BD. We dtd on the Monday successfully, then Wed and Thurs were attempts but OH couldn't finish. I ovulated on the Friday and got my BFP 11 days after that. So even if he didn't finish maybe a couple of swimmers got ahead of the game and escaped! I know my pregnancy didn't work out but it wasn't anything to do with how I got pregnant so maybe you're not out yet chick. :hugs:

Awwwww so cute! :cloud9: What an 18 month anniversary present!

aww Mrs B happy 12 weeks, I take it the scan went well hun, will you be posting pics in your journal?? :D

awww that's a lovely story! I love that you've named him/her squishy too. I love nemo (as you can see form my pic lol) :thumbup:

Hi Ladies, how are you doing? Annie did you get things sorted with your OH? We had problems dtd yesterday too so don't feel like you're alone with this problem.

Lisaloo good luck for tomorrow, let us know how it goes. Hope you manage to get there and back ok with DH being away.

Anyone been up to much this weekend? I've had a nice weekend catching up with friends and family, loved it. Can't believe it's almost Monday again, boo!

Sorry not updated you all, haven't been on over the weekend and been flat our cleaning all day. DH should be home in about 15mins!! As ever the army changed things again, in my favour this time for once! So he's home for a week.

My appointment is at 2pm. I'm not sure if I'm nervous cos of the pain or nervous cos it could give me bad news and have a blockage of nervous cos of what it could do if all goes well. Feeling a bit weird tbh. Trying so hard not to pin all my hopes in this working but it's hard not to when u read so many good success stories.

Hope everyone is well and il try be a bit more 'present' on BnB than I have been the last week. Been crap and not keeping up with my buddies journals. Must try harder ha!

Love u all, speak soon xxxxx

Awww Lis that's amazing news about hubby coming home! So happy for you! Don't worry about tomorrow, I'm sure it won't be too bad, and you've been through childbirth so it'll be a doddle for you! And if they find that everything is fine, then tgat's great but if they find something then they'll be able to help you to get to that BFP. Just focus on giving this cycle your all and what will be will be.

Enjoy hubby tonight! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->