**The Lucky Thread**

Alina--candle lit for you!!

Kathleen & Karen--so cool to think of you two meeting up!! I'm due on the 25th, maybe the 3 of us will have our babies within 24 hours.

Alina--candle lit for you!!

Kathleen & Karen--so cool to think of you two meeting up!! I'm due on the 25th, maybe the 3 of us will have our babies within 24 hours.

I hope to go before I am induced but who knows! It would be mad if we all gave birth within that short space of time....wonder how Alina is doing...dying to know!!! xx

Yes Alena will be a new mummy!!!

I went for checkup today...blood pressure up again so got to go back on Monday for a check.

Midwife did a sweep.....horrible...I was so tense and it was sore and uncomfortable...god knows what I will be like in labour if I can't even bear that! Nightmare! I have been advised to now have "relations" with hubbie...
if it doesn't work, another sweep in a week. I am now officially booked in ward 3 for induction at 2pm on 26th if all else fails!! Terrifying.....

ward 3? I have to go to ward 5 at 07.30am on the 25th - so we will DEF be in at the same time, and with all the cutbacks i hope we are in the same room!!

Njoi the "relations" xx

Yes Alena will be a new mummy!!!

I went for checkup today...blood pressure up again so got to go back on Monday for a check.

Midwife did a sweep.....horrible...I was so tense and it was sore and uncomfortable...god knows what I will be like in labour if I can't even bear that! Nightmare! I have been advised to now have "relations" with hubbie...
if it doesn't work, another sweep in a week. I am now officially booked in ward 3 for induction at 2pm on 26th if all else fails!! Terrifying.....

I have my 39 wk check tomorrow, and part of me wants a sweep, but part of me is scared. I've never had one, but when she checked me for dilation last week it hurt BAD.

My MW told me to use my DH for "medicinal purposes" as much as possible. :dohh:

ward 3? I have to go to ward 5 at 07.30am on the 25th - so we will DEF be in at the same time, and with all the cutbacks i hope we are in the same room!!

Njoi the "relations" xx

Now that would be something else if you are even in the same room!!!!

Girls are you ready for your babies? I'm getting closer. We did finally finish the office and now we are working on moving things down there and getting the old room ready for my son to move. Put up the bassinet today in my bedroom. I'm up now (its 2 am) doing laundry because I can't sleep.

Oh, and I had a bit of bloody show tonight. It probably means NOTHING since I had it a week or more before my daughter, but it would be nice if something would get going.

I have my 39 wk check tomorrow, and part of me wants a sweep, but part of me is scared. I've never had one, but when she checked me for dilation last week it hurt BAD.

My MW told me to use my DH for "medicinal purposes" as much as possible. :dohh:

Sophie, the sweep was really horrible...I was not prepared for it, but seemingly it was so bad because my cervix is posterior, which the midwife expected with a first baby. It might not be so bad if it's not a first but it was really horrible. I was quite traumatised last night and felt pretty sorry for myself, which is not like me. Then I had to have "relations" with DH....(after the football highlights!!!!?????:dohh:) ....that was another trauma, given the fact that I was already tense and completely not up for any of that!!! Today I feel as if absolutely nothing is happening and it was all a waste of time anyway.

However, I have got some bloody mucus now so we will see. Your show sounds as if things are moving??

Kathleen - that would be so mad if we were in the same room after birth...I will be the one who looks like my last photo plus lots of blubber!!! I am beginning to wish I was getting a planned section - the intervention is horrible and is stressing me out!!!

I am going to put some calming music on and try and chill. Have a good day ladies. xxx

I hope your sweep "took" for all the pain you went through! I was up all night--now I'm exhausted and really nervous about a painful check today. I guess we will see what happens today.

No more show since last night though. :( And I tried to find my own cervix, and I can't seem to locate it, but I used to check it all the time when we were TTC in the past. I wonder if mine is posterior too.

I'm feeling like a slug because DH has been taking care of the kids and working like mad on all my nesting projects. I'm too tired to do much, plus my back & hips are too sore to be able to do as much as I want.

Back from my appt---still 3 cm, 70% effaced. She didn't sweep me, because she's been delivering tons of babies in the last couple days and she's totally worn out--doesn't want to put me into labor.

Hi girls! I did it! Juliette Lyra was born on 15th at 5.21pm and weighed 7lb 11oz! Will post more later but she is perfect! I see no babies yet so good luck! X

Hi girls! I did it! Juliette Lyra was born on 15th at 5.21pm and weighed 7lb 11oz! Will post more later but she is perfect! I see no babies yet so good luck! X
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Well done you!!!! gorgeous name and so delighted all is great! Quite a big baby too!!! Can't wait to see the pictures:hugs:xxxx

CONGRATS......our 1st b&B baby!!

So how do you pronounce Lyra...
L-i-ra?
L-ee-ra?
Lie-ra?

So happy for you.... well worth the wait.

Im looking forward to some pics when your ready :happydance:

Thanks girls! I am sooooo pleased as you can probably tell! Sorry I updated at 3 am or something stupid so was too tired to write more. Juliette likes to sleep in the day but won't sleep at night! so true to form she is sleeping nicely now so I am going to do some internet shopping for some little pink clothes!

Sophia thank you for the candle - it did the trick!

Kathleen - so exciting you have a date. I won't post my story on here until you have been in, in case you don't want to know lol! it was fine though!

Karen - yay for maternity leave! can't believe you two may be in the same days too - that'll be nice to meet!

so here is Juliette Lyra (pronounced Lie-ra) soon after she was born - can you tell she is a hungry little thing?! Will post more later when I get them onto the computer!

Attachments

• Davies Phone 011.jpg
    Davies Phone 011.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
so here is Juliette Lyra (pronounced Lie-ra) soon after she was born - can you tell she is a hungry little thing?! Will post more later when I get them onto the computer!

Awwwwww.....she is gorgeous!!!! Soooo chuffed for you! :flower:
xxxx

Congrats! She's lovely, and a very pretty name!!! Way to go!

its soo frecky to think this time last week she was inside your tummy _ now she is here!
She's perfxx

PLEASE post your story - and be as honest as poss. i need to know the true facts..

Well Sophia - any update?
As youve been quite im thinking you may have had your wee baba by now?

i only have 3 more sleeps till i meet my little girl x

Yes Sophia....any news??? I am going for a second horrible sweep tomorrow afternoon....so not looking forward to it, although it might not be so bad if things have moved on a bit.

How exciting Kathleen...so close...I think if I get induced, mine will not arrive until Sunday...will see what happens!! Wish he would come naturally before that! xx

Well Sophia - any update?
As youve been quite im thinking you may have had your wee baba by now?

i only have 3 more sleeps till i meet my little girl x

I'm so looking forward to hearing your news!!

Yes Sophia....any news??? I am going for a second horrible sweep tomorrow afternoon....so not looking forward to it, although it might not be so bad if things have moved on a bit.

How exciting Kathleen...so close...I think if I get induced, mine will not arrive until Sunday...will see what happens!! Wish he would come naturally before that! xx

No news for me. Lots of contractions, starting to hurt more and more making it harder to sleep, but they always stop. Last night I was sure it was going to be IT, but I was starving so I got up and had a snack and that stopped them completely. AURGH! I just want to meet my baby!!!

Friday is my due date and my next appointment. I would really like to have baby before then. Otherwise I may be desperate enough to ask for a sweep.

Girls, my waters have gone!!! I'm just waiting for contractions to get going and then off to the birth center!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->