The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

:( yeah its really really hard. I so think gender selection should be available at a cost if you've already had several children of the same sex, but that's a whole different ball game!

True it is, but for people like me it's just out of reach. The cost alone would be too much, but then the fact you might not get pregnant and it's not legal here so we'd have to travel to another country, and then what do you do with the children you already have? I know there's no one who'd have the boys for us, especially if they knew it was so we could have another baby. And it's not something you could take them to with you. It just seems impossible. Where as if it was legal, although there would still be cost issues and ethics to consider you could go to appointments while they were at school and not have to worry about travel costs and such. It would be accessible more people and the not travelling would free up more money for a possible second go. But it does open a whole can of worms with the 'playing God' thing.

yeah massive can of worms, but I think it should be legal here, but only after you've had a couple of kids of the same sex, maybe even 3. atm you can only legally have gender selection here if you have a genetic condition that's affecting 1 sex, and that I'd not wish on anyone!

saw a family at work today that had 6 boys! and the household was so calm and tidy! mine looks way worse with just 2 :haha:

Bit weird - I'm actually thinking about girls names :wacko: Hubby asked me outright 'would you like another one?' the other night which was weird. I refused to talk about it though as we have too much on (he's off for 2 weeks from Friday so we'll see).

And how old were the boys? I only ask because I went out with a guy who was one of 4 and the house living space was spotless - the boys rooms on the other hand! lol They were all teenagers so they didn't really use the living room etc so it was like they didn't exist! lol

ooh so another might be on the cards amieelou?

the boys ranged from 1.5yrs - 17! rooms were spotless too! actually I don't know where toys etc were hidden!

ooh so another might be on the cards amieelou?

the boys ranged from 1.5yrs - 17! rooms were spotless too! actually I don't know where toys etc were hidden!

Maybe she has them sleep in the shed! lol :haha:

I'm not reading too much into it - well trying not to anyway lol :blush: I think he was trying to gauge my reaction because he knows me so well he can tell if I'm lying/putting on a face. I basically broke down and said 'we can't have another can we?' through a face full of tears to which he said well, yes we can, everything still works!' :haha: That was the end of the conversation as we all laughed lol. I don't think he would do a u-turn. I just think he knows we need to talk this out more.

Good he's willing to talk. I really struggle to have a serious conversation with my dh, he often jokes about me wanting another, yet it's always been our long term plan to have 3 kids.

Good he's willing to talk. I really struggle to have a serious conversation with my dh, he often jokes about me wanting another, yet it's always been our long term plan to have 3 kids.

We always planned 3 as well. To be honest, hubby has always been the driver when it comes to family decisions. He was the one who wanted children in the first place so I don't think he was expecting this to happen at the other end of it all....neither was I. We do talk well, it's just with him being away in the week, it's difficult to find the time to really talk and it's not the same over the phone. But we do have a nasty habit of ending up in hysterical laughter when trying to discuss something serious. It's like we're still not quite ready to be grown ups! :blush:

Hi girls, I had my scan today..measuring 14 weeks. I seem certain it's another boy, we both saw something between the legs though the sonographer said it's too early haha..baby was healthy and that's the main thing...I Can't stop smiling...
What do you think?

https://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad350/kaths101/image.jpg1_zpsh4rlgnaq.jpg

congrats,lovely scan pic. I don't think there's anything to suggest boy from pic Kath, but no expert! when do you find out gender?

My dh is hard to talk to about it too, he makes everything into a joke. I touched a very soft looking neutral baby outfit the other day and he was like "oh god not that time again" pulling a fake pained expression. He always tries to make out he doesn't like babies and kids.
My house is constantly a mess, but there isn't really enough space for all our stuff in here so it's hard for it not to look messy.
The boys are constantly bickering at the moment, it's driving me mad! I must be completely mental to want more lol

Aww Kath that's a lovely picture. I am absolutely useless at gender guesses but it does look like my scans with DS2.

Good old NNU! That's where I had DS2 and DS3! That place has seen more of me than anywhere! lol :blush:

Aww Kath that's a lovely picture. I am absolutely useless at gender guesses but it does look like my scans with DS2.

Good old NNU! That's where I had DS2 and DS3! That place has seen more of me than anywhere! lol :blush:

And me lol, I've been there enough times over the last 4 years. We were there 4 hours yesterday for our scan!! Took ages, they seem so understaffed!
I get 2 extra scans as well this time which I'm happy about!!

Why do you have extra scans hun?

I don't think it looks 1 way or another either xx

Just because George was 10lb 11 so they just want to keep an eye on the size, I'm getting one at 32 and 36 weeks.. if I get too big they could induce early. Hoping not but reassuring anyway having the extra scans!

Just because George was 10lb 11 so they just want to keep an eye on the size, I'm getting one at 32 and 36 weeks.. if I get too big they could induce early. Hoping not but reassuring anyway having the extra scans!

Oh that's so unfair!! lol Edward was 10lb 14 and yet all I got with Charlie was a reassuring 'you'll be fine!' lol :haha::blush:

Oh that's so unfair!! lol Edward was 10lb 14 and yet all I got with Charlie was a reassuring 'you'll be fine!' lol :haha::blush:

:haha: oh, she did say they have new legislation where they have to monitor mothers. Because diabetes runs in my family, They talk as if I had GD but I hadthe tests and all was fine (with my first two) so I don't know, they just want to keep an eye on this one. I'm glad I didn't know George was so big though!!

DS1 was 9lbs14 and we got additional weight monitoring scans second time.

DS2 then 9lbs15. But I was induced the first time and no way I was doing that again if it was avoidable! Since I had no problem delivering either baby I've declined growth scans this time around.

I 'officially' had GD the first time and 'officially' didn't the second but they are treating me as though I do. Which led to me withdrawing from the GD clinic as I wasn't happy with the way I was treated.
Even if I do fail the GTT this time I've told them I'm still having a homebirth. I did whatever they told me to do in my first two pregnancies and wish I hadn't.

Seriously I got nothing. My consultant even said 'Well you've done it all before, you'll be great!' :dohh: I had a GTT with each of them because my Mum has type 2 but came back negative (I had 2 with DS2! lol) every time. Well I feel abandoned! lol

I suppose I shouldn't feel too bad. I actually have a growth scan anyway due to my thyroid and also, the growth scan I had with DS2 said he would be 9lb-ish! Err :blush: DS3 was only 8lb 10 but he gained 6 lb in 8 weeks! He was obviously meant to be bigger as he was so skinny when he was born despite his weight - me and my midwife had a theory that because of the close age gap I ran out of nutrients for him so he stopped gaining weight etc and then made up for it when he was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->