The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

I remember at primary school there was a family with 8 boys, I thought it was really cool then. Other than them 4 is the largest single gender family I've known in real life. There seems to have been quite a few 4 boy family's around here. In our tiny school (like 130 kids aged 4-11) there are 3 of us with 4 boys. I remember being on holiday at about 13/14 and there was a family with 4 boys and a family with 3 boys right near us and I thought that would be awesome. And it is, I'm not saying it's awful, I just wish there was a girl in the mix as well.
The person who was due any minute, who I was avoiding on Facebook, had her baby. I found out because I took the boys to the park and her son is friends with ds3 and he was just going in the house with his grandparents and was shouting to ds3 "Nate nate my mum had the baby, it's out already nate! She's called annalie" so my plan to not know anything until they went back to school after easter didn't really work.

Biggest families I know are all girls. I know of 2 families who have 4 girls, and then I know of 2 more families who have 1 boy followed by 5 girls!

Weird conversation. I am coming off the pill (there's a suspicion I may be pre-menopause so I need to come off to confirm plus it does not agree with me at all anyway) and hubby is taking over. He said he wouldn't be unhappy if another came along, he just thinks we have enough. This is a very similar conversation to one we had just before we conceived DS3! Err I am so confused now. I know it's still not a TTC go ahead, far from it in fact, but I must confess the thought of being off the pill is a nice one. It's not good for me at all!

A girl I went to school with has 6 boys!! She made it clear she wanted a girl but has now stopped at 6 and will wait for a grandaughter.

I also know a girl who has 6 daughters x

The biggest all girl family I know is 3.
Aimee Lou when it's up to my dh he is so on and off, one day he won't be careful and the next he will. Think it all depends how he is feeling and how well behaved the boys have been that day lol

It's been a while since I've posted in here, but I just popped in and wanted to send a hug to motherofboys.

I totally understand the depression that Facebook can cause. I am absolutely in love with my son-to-be (we had a 4D scan the other day and seeing his little face was the highlight of my life thus far), yet I still have moments of sadness when I think about a little girl. I was looking at Facebook on my lunch break about an hour ago and someone posted that they are having a girl. It made my heart hurt a bit.

Of course I still love my son - but, I get that feeling. Hang in there.

Heartbreaking news here this morning. A friend whom I've known a couple of years, our boys are good friends and go to school together and they live literally at the end of the road....she's just announced that her little girl who she was 28 weeks pregnant with has died :cry: Poor little girl and poor family. I have sent a message and will find out from another friend if there will be a memorial or anything. I am staggered that this has happened as she's been through so much with bleeds and everything in the early weeks and she seemed to be doing so well. I know she had everything ready too so it must be doubly hard for them all. Poor things. Makes me very thankful for my babies and for the fact I've never had to deal with anything remotely similar.

The biggest all girl family I know is 3.
Aimee Lou when it's up to my dh he is so on and off, one day he won't be careful and the next he will. Think it all depends how he is feeling and how well behaved the boys have been that day lol

Yeah, hubby has been ill all holiday so I think the boys have been a bit much for him to cope with lol. I do wonder though as he has been all over Charlie all holiday as he is in a very cute stage lol. I'm not counting any chickens at all as I know really no more babies is probably for the best.....I will just be happy when the younger 2 finally get bloody chicken pox. Eldest came down with it 10 days ago now so I've been on 'pox-watch' for that entire time and still no sign! Grrrrr!

I do however wonder whether it's simply that hubby doesn't want to actually make the decision, rather leave it up to fate/accident/me being silly lol. :shrug: Men! :dohh:

Sounds like something a man would do, rather than be responsible for the decision lol
That's such awful news about your friend. I had a friend lose her 3rd son at 20 weeks a couple of months ago, it's heartbreaking.
I think our youngest ones are similar ages (can't see tickers in here but I'm sure I remember from other forums) ds4 is 17 months, and the last few days dh has kept mentioning what a big boy he is getting and how cute he is.

Yeah Charlie is 20m. He's suddenly turned into a terror toddler but is so cute and funny now too so he gets away with murder! lol

oh gosh how heartbreaking for your friend :(

my hubby here too I reckon will leave going for number 3 up to me, I sometimes comes out with 'and you want another one', like the decision is only mine! annoys me actually but it then allows him to make the joke that I wanted it, its my fault bla bla bla on the days where everythings a bit trickier!

biggest families I know personally are 3 of the same sex, accept via work when I came across a 6 boy family, however that was 3 with 1 mum and 3 with another, all same father. People round here generally seem to stop at 3 max, most at 2, wonder why that is!

My grandmother was one of 20. My brother in law is one of 12. Big families around me. Lol

Does anybody else when they hear Prince Hans in Frozen says he has twelve brothers think that'll be me?! Haha! Whenever I watch it I think that!

I've actually not seen frozen. My Grandad and husbands grandparents were all from large families, my husbands grandad was one of 6 boys. But the others were mixed families.

I've actually not seen frozen. My Grandad and husbands grandparents were all from large families, my husbands grandad was one of 6 boys. But the others were mixed families.

Try to keep it that way! My MIL decided to buy it for my boys (she is definitely a more girly type of person lol) and tbh it's a load of old drivel!

I have my gender scan for my twins today and I'm really scared I'm going to be very disappointed.
I already have one of each but desperate want another little girl.My DD is not girly at all and even though I love her to bits and wouldn't change her for the world I really want a girly girl so I can buy dolls for and put in dresses. I'm very girly and I feel I've missed out. I desperately want a daughter I can share my love for disney with and all things pretty.
I can't say this to anyone without people thinking I'm being selfish or weird. and I understand that even if I have another girl they still might not be girly but still.
I have had a feeling from the day I found out I'm pregnant that it was a girl and I've been right knowing on my previous pregnancies when it comes to gender, but I'm so scared.
DH says we will have 2 boys, and even though I love my son and he's the sweetest thing in the world it still doesn't come close to wanting a daughter.and also my DD is not fathered by my husband but from a previous relationship so I feel DH should have a daughter.I hope this is a place where people can understand.

I find out the gender of my twins this afternoon, I'm hoping for at least one girl, I have 2 chances at least haha I will update. Sorry for the rant.

Good luck at your scan.
The boys refuse to watch anything with a princess in. Ds3 has been to Frozen birthday parties for girls in his class and just not joined in at all. Him and his best friend have just run round play fighting in the corner while all the other boys and girls were singing with the woman dressed as the character.
The most princess-y film they've ever say through was Brave. And she has a bow and arrow and there's big bears lol

Good luck at your scan.
The boys refuse to watch anything with a princess in. Ds3 has been to Frozen birthday parties for girls in his class and just not joined in at all. Him and his best friend have just run round play fighting in the corner while all the other boys and girls were singing with the woman dressed as the character.
The most princess-y film they've ever say through was Brave. And she has a bow and arrow and there's big bears lol

Oh I love Brave, and Tangled, Tangled is great!! lol

We went to a Frozen party before we'd seen the film and me and the boys must have been a picture sat in the middle blankly staring at this random woman singing about snowmen! lol :haha:

Caelli86 - Good luck at the scan! :flower: :thumbup:

Ha ha! Im not sure why they won't watch anything like it, I've never said they couldn't because it was for girls or steered them away from 'girls' things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->