The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Congrats misscalais.

In my family its been the opposite. My mum and nan were not the closest. I have never been close to my mum. Both my brothers are still really close to her.
In dh family he and his brother are close to their mum, his sister will do anything she can to avoid her. They are all coming for a Christmas meal at ours just before Christmas and the other day I was making the seating plan and he said "put her as far away from Mum as you can"
But even knowing that it isn't always the way I would imagine it to be, it doesn't stop me wanting that. I would like to have a shot at a close female relationship, I don't have that with anyone. And i just don't feel it will be the same with a daughter in law or a granddaughter.

This is exactly!! That is exactly how I feel.

Do you know what really annoys me? The way that if a fork is close to her mum and talks to her every day people say how wonderful it is that they are so close. If a man talks to him mum every day he is a mummy's boy and needs to cut the apron strings. Boy or girl they are still our babies, why can they not want to talk to their mum just because they happen to be male?

It is societies way, and society is very cruel and judgemental. :growlmad: No different when we are with our brood of boys out and about people are completely shocked, and then say something they think is witty, but truly just rude. Bystanders just think they have a right to comment in someones life. I don't make comments into their lives so why do they think it is ok with a big family.:shrug:

I would never dream of commenting on someone's family size or make up so why do others feel it's their right?
I hope that at the very least my boys will end up with people who will tolerate me for their sake. I don't get on too well with my mother in law but I keep my mouth shut can be nice enough to her to keep dh happy.

Yeah my MIL and I try.....but I have been avoiding her as with pg with our sons she always pushed we would have a girl....then when we found out we were pg with boys, all she did is talk about every one else who was having girls and how cute they are.

I will tell you this, I will not let my GD effect my relationship with my grandsons the way she does. She doesn't accept their affection very much and always makes excuses to hand the babies back only after two-five min, and almost pushes the boys away when they hug her. Apparently she wanted a girl so badly and something happened that "ruined" her with DH's birth that they didn't have another. (Honestly I cannot believe that my FIL even ever said something like that to DH) It is all very sad!

Sils ex mother in law lives next door to Mil and always tells us not to have more incase it's a girl because girls are awful. I said to dh once how strange it was because she has two sons and 2 grandsons and 1 granddaughter. He said that she also had a daughter at one point, I think before her sons, and that due to her mental health (we are talking late 50s/early 60s so things weren't as well known about then) they took the baby girl away from her. I guess that was her way of protecting her heart.
I certainly won't let GD affect my relationship with my grandchildren either. Same as if I did ever have a girl I wouldn't treat her any differently to the boys. I know someone who gives her girl special treatment just because she was a girl

That's horrible in my mind that people do that. I will also never treat this one any dofferent regardless what the tech tells me in Wed

In the end I had to remove her from Facebook. Everything was about how awful her 2 boys were and how good her daughter was. She was open with my about wanting a daughter, then when she got her and I went to her saying how I wanted a girl she was all "well as long as it's healthy it shouldn't matter" no it shouldn't, and health is the most important thing but you can't help what you want and of all people she should have understood that.

My mother did that to me. When we found out Z was a boy she came to me with tons of emotions and told me that she was very sorry I would never get that chance to experience the mother daughter relationship. Then this time when I told her about my GD she looked at me as if I crazy to think having a girl would be a good idea. I was completely floored by that. I expected her to understand and it felt like she was passing off my feelings like it wasn't important. I know that she was just trying to "make me feel better" but it was not empathetic at all. I was actually very disappointed in how she handled my GD. :sad1:

I'm sorry to hear that. You would think with the number of people who think is OK to comment more people would be more understanding

Thought I would pop in and say I had my first scan, here's little bean and actually seeing it made all gender wishes go really, anyone got any guesses?

image.jpg

I've known I've been pregnant for a few weeks and have been trying to hold the feelings away and telling myself I don't have a preference this time around, but I do. I really want another boy..I want to give DS a little brother. I don't know if I can be happy if I hear pink.

All I can say is that in the end you will be happy with the child you have, and love the child you have, regardless of their gender. Of course it doesn't mean that the feeling of wanting to give him a little brother will go away, that seems to be different for everyone as to if and when that feeling will go. I can't say for sure whether it ever does or you just kind of learn to live with it. But I do know that whoever your baby is, they are the right and perfect baby for you x

I've known I've been pregnant for a few weeks and have been trying to hold the feelings away and telling myself I don't have a preference this time around, but I do. I really want another boy..I want to give DS a little brother. I don't know if I can be happy if I hear pink.
Fingers crossed for a brother for your DS.
I also agree with motherofboys. It will be tough if you do hear pink but she will fit right in :) the hard part is letting go of that dream. Hopefully you won't have to do that. When will you be able to find out?

Fingers crossed for a brother for your DS.
I also agree with motherofboys. It will be tough if you do hear pink but she will fit right in :) the hard part is letting go of that dream. Hopefully you won't have to do that. When will you be able to find out?

If I elect to get an early ultrasound I can find out in January, but I don't know if we will be able to afford that now that my husband was laid of and my income is the only income. If not maybe around February or March. originally wanted to stay team yellow but I don't think I can haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->