The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Hi everyone. I was on this forum a lot with my last pg. I'm a mum of two boys. I really want to try to sway girl this time. Should I use In Gender or Gender Dreaming?

I used in gender. But this is a good supportive section on here too.

I had my ended scan yesterday. I was 15+6. Me and both scan ladies saw the girly parta quite clearly but baby was being naughty and it was nearly impossible to get a good pic. This is the only picture I got, and now
Of course ive left there and second guessing everything. What do you all think? If anyone knows about potty shots it's you lovely people.

image.jpg

Thank you. I hope you're right lol, I'm so worried they will tell me she's a boy at 20 week scan.

Thanks Motherofboys! I thought I remembered you saying that In Gender has been discredited a bit but I wanted to check I wasn't confused.

aw congrats!

we've started ttc this month too! going to do a light sway girl which is involving lots of sex leading up to a positive ov stick, then stopping. No orgasm for me. Using conceive plus and I've been taking magnesium and calcium supplements the past month. What will be will be though, if we get another boy then that will be lovely :)

Apparently a lot of the info on IG is out dated and there are some people on there advising things that aren't too safe.
That being said I'm sure there are still some lovely people in there and you can join both and filter through what you want. I'm a member of both but don't really use either right now. And who really knows how much affect it actually has in the end?
Fingers crossed for you. I hope one day I get to be back there and swaying.

After my failed sway I just don't trust swaying. After all, 50% will always swear it worked for them and was brilliant and 50% won't. So the exact same odds you had to begin with. Swaying disappointed me more. Because he should have been a girl. I'd swayed. I'd tipped those scales in my favour. I went into denial for a bit even.
The only sway I'd do now is ivf that costs thousands.

It's hard when you scroll through Facebook and see two friends posting pictures of themselves and their daughters in matching Christmas dresses and another of her daughter using the push along walker that you have had your eye on for the last 7 years.

I struggle too with things like that. With others posting on FB or even on here about their DD. I try to be a good friend but deep down it still hurts. Saying good bye to those dreams are going to be a long healing journey for me I think.

I must be healing because it hasn't sent me into a downwards spiral, but it has brought up the feelings again when I was doing pretty good just concentrating on hubby and the boys

Yes I do have to say that I don't cry at every thought, but I give a big sigh with most things....but my boys seem to pull me back to reality and I am thankful for that.

Don't you hate it when people with one of each gender try to tell you how little it matters. That's what I had from my sister in law a few days ago. Her children are all grown up now, she's planning a wedding with her daughter, her son is also engaged but she isn't really involved in the planning. I think that says it all, but she doesn't even notice. Yeah it doesn't matter if you have it because you don't know any different.

Agreed! That is the whole thing I am worried i will completely miss out on. I pray that my boys will want me involved in the planning with at least one or two, but I understand that the chances are way less. Or that the woman in their (or man :shrug:) life doesn't completely take over and make me obsolete. My job at the moment is to put good values into them so that neither Dh or I are ever left out of their lives.... right?

That's what I hope. That we can build such a bond that they will still want to be in our lives. I don't see why they can't want to be close to us, other than society and its stupid view that women being close to their mum is good but men being close to their mum makes then a mummy's boy who needs to cut the apron strings

Agreed! That is the whole thing I am worried i will completely miss out on. I pray that my boys will want me involved in the planning with at least one or two, but I understand that the chances are way less. Or that the woman in their (or man :shrug:) life doesn't completely take over and make me obsolete. My job at the moment is to put good values into them so that neither Dh or I are ever left out of their lives.... right?
My mil paid for almost our whole wedding and was very involved ( she only has 4 boys ) so i was happy for her to help where she wanted :) unfortunately though my mil is a little on the crazy side and she no longer wants to be involved in our lives. My step mil and fil also did all the dinner trials/hair trials etc where as my mum, living so far away wasn't involved really at all.
I also hate the mummies boy comments, whats so wrong with a man wanting to be so close with his mum? Why is it ok for a woman but not a man?

I'm so broody right now, just to be pregnant and have a new baby. I don't think we will ever have another now so it's more about getting used to the fact that I won't get to do it again, boy or girl, but I know that if we did then the gender factor would come back in to play.

Well i am still having this strange feeling.....even though I am pg.....I just don't feel it is all real or something. There seems to be no excitement about another boy! Sigh I try and connect with this one but it just feels weird. I hope things will all change the closer I get....though 11 weeks isn't a lot of time either. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->