The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Ah melsy that's so lovely that it's all getting real!! I think if were lucky enough to get a BFP again we'll be keeping it quiet, made the fatal mistake of telling EVERYONE last time straight away, then when I mc'd it was so vile having to explain to everyone :-( never again. So when are you going to the docs hun??
I love charting, not just for ttc'ing, more because I'm a bit of a geek and find the body completely miraculous!! It never ceases to amaze me!

Barb you will get used to charting really quickly, just keep putting all the info in, don't forget to temp and you'll soon see a pattern!! I'll keep stalking it too!

Barb you will get used to charting really quickly, just keep putting all the info in, don't forget to temp and you'll soon see a pattern!! I'll keep stalking it too!

I dont mind STALKERS at all :rofl:

Lucy, I had thought about not saying anything but am just feeling so different then I did last time, plus my step mom's mother found out she has breast cancer recently and it's been hard on her so I thought we could use some good news.Plus my step mothers birthday is may 19th one day before my due date. Fingers crossed! I understand not saying anything also though, wasn't going to tell friends until after my apt's this week. I go Tues and Thurs, to do the bloods so they can make sure they are rising normally. My Dr. said it was a great sign that I already got a pos and that I was having twinges on both sides not just my ectopic side.
I agree it's amazing how our bodies work, I know I've learned so much more about myself during this ttc journey!

I hope you catch this month Lucy! How are you feeling about it this month?

That's fantastic that you feel so much better than last time hun, I'm sure things will be fine x it is gorgeous news to be able to tell ppl, seems to have such a positive effect :) I loved seeing ppl's faces :) lush xx I hope your step mums mum is as ok as she can be, such a vile thing to go through, puts so much strain on everyone x be lovely to lift their spirits with a little good news :) x

Oh I hope I do too, feel quite blah about it now, it's been so long!! I don't get as stressed about it as I did at the start! I know we did everything we could this month, so if we don't catch, it's obviously just not meant to be yet. I used all the pg test strips I had last cycle, and I deliberately haven't bought any more, so I can't get all stressed and poas 4times a day lol! I'm just going to wait and see what happens!! That's the intention anyway lol, I'll prob be a mess as usual!!

Thanks hun! I'm staying very positive, it seems to have a good effect when you do! Yes it has been awful and so hard on her, so our news seemed to brighten her up a bit, especially with the due date being so close to her birthday.

lol you sound just like me, I went through way too many tests last month but I was very worried about having another ectopic. So this month I only kept one in the house and not my fav brand so I wouldn't be as tempted, but started having some signals and gave in went out and bought 5 cheap tests so I wouldn't feel bad about testing. That's the best thing though is not getting stressed about it. Hope you get that :bfp: really soon though, it'd be nice to see!

Well ff changed it's mind! It decided I'd actually Ov'd a day later, so I'm still 3dpo!! Weird, its never done that before!

Well im totally confused now :( i have been to see my gp tonight and he says because i have only recently had coil removed that im not fertile! he has asked me to do a 21 day progesterone blood test next time i have a cycle or even when i have had 3 days of high temps on ff, im so confused and told him that i have had ewcm and also high temps which have been same last 2 days (please can someone look at my chart) so im thinking maybe im ovulating or am i wrong?

my doctor told us we were fertile as soon as it was removed honey :( and I know many of us on here were told the same :( I think your dr is wrong :S

Well Hun reams and reams of evidence on here alone will show you that you can indeed be fertile as soon as your coil is removed. If you have no birth control, nothing stopping you from conceiving then you must be in some stage of your cycle. There are many many girls on here who've caught first cycle, me included!!! Perhaps your gp was not familiar with the mirena? It's hard to say from your chart where in your cycle you are hun, you need to have been temping for a bit longer. But if that defo was ewcm, and your temp stays up, them chances are that you may have Ov'd. Your temp only rises when you've ovd already. Why does he want to dive in and do tests and not just let your body return to normal for a few weeks?? It can take a few months or more to regain a normal cycle post mirena. How you feeling hun?

Well Hun reams and reams of evidence on here alone will show you that you can indeed be fertile as soon as your coil is removed. If you have no birth control, nothing stopping you from conceiving then you must be in some stage of your cycle. There are many many girls on here who've caught first cycle, me included!!! Perhaps your gp was not familiar with the mirena? It's hard to say from your chart where in your cycle you are hun, you need to have been temping for a bit longer. But if that defo was ewcm, and your temp stays up, them chances are that you may have Ov'd. Your temp only rises when you've ovd already. Why does he want to dive in and do tests and not just let your body return to normal for a few weeks?? It can take a few months or more to regain a normal cycle post mirena. How you feeling hun?
Yes hun, i have seen the evidence from reading storys on here, as soon as he said it i thought that cant be right, i think very highly of this dr because if it had not been for him i would not have my ds 14 and dd 12, i mc'd 5 times after my 1st dd 19 and was about to give up hope until he suggested i have injections and it worked, im not dissapointed just very impatient Lol, i just feel with my age that every minuite is precious, thankyou for the reassurance:hugs:

Also these af like cramps are getting me down :( everday since coil removal i have had them and im sick of taking painkillers, the dr says it down to the hormonal changes after having mirena removed, has anyone else suffered this?

Well im totally confused now :( i have been to see my gp tonight and he says because i have only recently had coil removed that im not fertile! he has asked me to do a 21 day progesterone blood test next time i have a cycle or even when i have had 3 days of high temps on ff, im so confused and told him that i have had ewcm and also high temps which have been same last 2 days (please can someone look at my chart) so im thinking maybe im ovulating or am i wrong?

That doesn't seem right at all hun, I've never heard of anyone saying you aren't fertile after having the mirena removed. Did he go into further detail as to why he would think that? I would just keep temping and monitoring your cm and such and hopefully you can find out where you are in your cycle soon! The only time I had cramps was my first a/f and they were awful, I couldn't even stand up.

The Dr says because the mirena is hormonal and it can take a few months if not more for you to become fertile! does not make sense i know, he is also checking my progesterone levels 21 days into my cycle, i think this is because of my previous mc's as i had to have injections due to progesterone levels being low, its only taken 19 yrs for me to learn this, i have been reading up about it and it has really opened my eyes to know that a lot of pregnancys ending early on are because of this, i have added a link for you to look at.

https://www.wikihealth.com/The_role_of_progesterone_during_pregnancy

Calasen, how are you doing hun? Did you come to a desicion on what you are going to do?

not yet - we taking a week off from thinking about it (as much as possible anyway) trying to decide if we are gonna leave off trying until after the wedding we are going to in october or if we go ahead with forcing the breakthrough bleed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->