ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

Yes its the same carseat we used with Riley, new ones just for the car sre fairly cheap to get so we may get a new one yet.. Hmmm decidions decisions lol

ahhh maternity dresses, i bet they're super cute! Where did you purchase from??

I need to indulge in some mat clothes soon as im living in my mat jeans & vest tops eith stretchy tops.. Its an excuse to shop ha ha! & weathers getting warmer now :)

No, midwife said she wont rebook the glucose test as the only reason she did do it was because my dad had it but debeloped it over the age of 70 which is very common & controlled it with diet, other than that no other reason & growth scans detail baby is growing just right for gestation so shes not concerned.. Im glad lol!

Oh that's good, do you have the one with the base? I didn't get any maternity dresses, I don't think I will. I just brought size 12 dresses and stretchy vests. The only maternity things I have is a pair of leggings but haven't used them yet. I think I will have to get some maternity jeans as mine are uncomfortable now. Do you know anywhere that has nice ones ?

Lucky you! Bet you pleased you don't have to be poked with a needle for a while. I got dates for classes today (birthing workshop, breastfeeding and caring for baby) do you know what the classes are like ?

Breastfeeding workshop is great, ive got mine booked again, all about why its good & how to latch, positions etc & any questions you have, def recommend that one!

The other ones your on, i passed on those & didnt want to find out Lol! Well the caring for baby one wasnt on my list but the birthinv workshop was.. That scares me!!

Im currently wearing Mothercare Mat jeans, they have a bump band attached but are suprisingly reeeeeeeally comfy! But app online they have a sale on some at like £12-14? My friend just got some, id go online & have a look ;) my normal jeans had it months ago lol i binned them as i stretched & rippeda hol.. :shock: il get some new nice ones after the baby arrives ha ha

No, our carseat doesnt have the base, but it can do i think.. Its easier with the base units! Does yours?

Do the men come to the breastfeeding workshop or did you go alone ?

Will have to have a look for some jeans. In the summer I may just live in maxi dresses but England is so unpredictable even in the summer, so worth getting some jeans. Where abouts do u live in England ?

I don't understand why they have made them all fancy and some need the base. Yeah ours has the base but you can use it without the base too. Im looking forward to it all arriving I think once it's all set up, everything will seem more real. It still seems very surreal I didn't think I would be expecting so quickly, I only came off the pill a couple of wks before due to being sick lol.

Clairybell wanted to ask did you get a baby bouncer ? I brought him a baby play gym but don't know if it's worth getting a baby bouncer, something I can put him when I shower or something.

Clairybell you are an eggplant! I'm guessing aubergine. Tickers are American I think. Ahh I'm excited for you haha

I know ahhhh officially third trimester now :shock: eek!! You'll be here in couple wks aswell, its going so fast!

Ah yes, baby bouncer :thumbup: we have a blue one but i want to get a more girly one lol! Not sure if they're ideal from birth as baby will be miniature but moses baskets/cribs are good for that when tiny if you need to toilet, shower, cleaning etc..

Omg yes ourweather here is def NOT typical summer weather, i hate it! But its glorious today, me & Riley are in garden in sun chairs haha! Are you guys doing much today?

I think the breastfeeding workshop did have a couple of men there with their partners actually, the same for all classes, if hubby wants to go along thats great hun :) if hes squimish.. Maybe the labour classes wont be for him hahaa!

Iak did you come off pill from being sick because you were pregnant & didnt realise or just cone off it for a break & then decided to ttc? Ttc seems so long ago now with FF charts i cant quite remember lol! Its great that you fell pg almost instantly though, it can ve really stressfull after a few months of trying & nothing.

My plan was to come off the pill beginning of the year last year but i kept putting it off.. Just font think i was quite ready tbh with everything that happened previous tubal pg etc.. Then i had my last pill in May/June i think :)

Wow third timester! Congrats :)) final countdown!! It's like something out of Rocky haha

I've looked at a few and it says birth to 6 months. I'm like really is it worth getting one but then it's something I can put him when he is too old for Moses basket and bouncer will atleast entertain him whilst I'm doing something.

I'm also looking at something for the bath as I am bit nervous about the thought of bathing him. There's a support seat you can to put baby in when they are small.

The weather is lovely, ahh on sun lounges good to take advantage of it. I've been spring cleaning, I wish I didn't start now. Clothes are all over the bed. My nephews and niece came round with my brother and SIL.

Yes I may ask him if he wants to come. I came off the pill beginning October because it was making me bleed for like 2 weeks and just making me miserable. I was on the pill for years but had changed to a diff one. So came off beginning October, had a real period and we decided to just risk it and just go with it. But I was monitoring my ovalution as I was paranoid I was not ovaluting that's where we all starting talking.

I'm planning to go back on the pill after baby is born. What did you after Riley was born ?

I have to say, Riley LOVED his baby bouncer, its great for feeding them if you start idd weaning bits around 4-5 months, as their too small for a highchair still :thumbup:

Oh i see. Thats why i came off my pill in the beginning before Riley, i was spotting continuos & it was silly as we were never able to have randomness lol! So i told SO im giving my body a break for a few months, thinking just use confoms, pull out or something & then when i got my period he was like 'oh well, we'll always try again next month!' Lol! So i guess we were ttc then haha but we never actually discussed it.. Men eh?!

After having Riley i when i got my first period - it was so heavy!!! Like lumpy heavy so be prepared lol! I we on progesterone mini pill as its the only one you can take when breastfeeding but im sure it interferred with my milk flow so i stopped taking it & just monitored cycles for a bit, then at 4months when he went on the Bottle, i started on my combined pill again, it was easier :)

Ah yes, those lil baby bathers to go in the bath are great, my sister used one, we dont have a bath so it was riley straight in baby bath.. I was terrified so i got my sister to help as i had no clue how to bathe him :shock: after the first couple of times it gets really easy so dont fret too much hun.

Haha the clothes sorting clean nesting maybe? I did that with my wardrobe the other night & didnt finish until gone 8pm.. I was pooped lol

Great stuff thanks for that. I know the pill is a pain, will have to sort something out as I don't want the pill to interfere with milk flow. Does your sister just use the support in the actual bath or does she have a baby bath too?

Yes the clothes sorting. I'm putting my clothes away that I'm going to be wearing for a couple of months and cleaning out a wardrobe for just baby clothes. You don't realise how much stuff there is until you start.

Its one of those jobs you think.. My god why did i start this now ha ha!

She just used the baby support in the actual bath tub & then as my nephew got older she took him in the bath with her ;) wish we had a bath.. I miss the one i used to have in my flat years ago :(

Sorry i just remembered you asked where in uk i was, im in Southampton, Hampshire, right down South opposite the isle of wight! How about yaself?

Yes I know, I'm def thinking that now. It's handy having a bath esp with a little one.

Ahh I've been to Southampton. Drove down to get my dog from a breeder. Do you have a beach ? I live in London, around 40 mins from central London.

Yes a lettuce it's strange thinking that.

I know, the other week i said to SO, ooh baby is the size of a lettuce, he said 'but letteuces are all sizes, what size are we talking?' Lol!! The average size babe obvs haha!!

We have a 'shore line' in a part of Southampton but its really grotty & it needs to be cleaned up i think! The nearest beach is probs Bournemouth or West Wittering which is along down the south, takes about 45-1hr to get there but its lovely on a sunny day :) Riley likes to collect little pebbles in his bucket :hugs: boys are too cute, you must be so excited to be having a boy Iak, im sad in a way that its not another boy but excited that its a girl lol pro's & cons ha ha!

Aww what dog do you have?

I love London, i guess if you live there though its nothing special.. I used to date someone in Bromley, Kent back in my twenties, just loved his cockney accent lol! My cousin lives in Brixton but is moving soon i think, probs to another part of London but not sure where :-/

The OH said the same thing! Haha

We were thinking of going to bournemourh today but instead decided on clacton it's a beautiful today. Ahh bless him I really can't wait for baby to arrive and be taking him into the sea. Hopefully next year we will be going away. Girls are lovely too, any child is a blessing. Will she be your last ?

Do you go into Southampton a lot ? Is there a lot to do there? We have a chihuahua, he is going to be 5 in September. So was awhile we came down your end.

London is way to busy, but a lovely city.

Are you doing anrhing nice today?

Thank you Hun. It's a travel system so it's 3 in one. We can put car seat on it too, so will make life a lot easier. Is it the same one you had with Riley ? Although there red maxi cosi one will make the pushchair you want to get haha. I ve spent the day walking round Oxford street I'm exhausted now. Brought some dresses that hopefully will be more flattering than the ones I have and a pair of shorts although I'm thinking shorts and pregnancy doesn't really go. Ahh I feel so fat on some days :( Clairybell did you get your test booked in again?

Hey Scrobbins, how are you? I'm good pregnancy is going well. I have my glucose test on 19th may. Let me know how you get on. Really not looking forward to the test. When are you due ?

I'm due August 19, 2016. I can't wait to hold her in my arms. I love feeling her move around. She is staying really low.

ooh Iak i luuurve that buggy, its a beaut!! :thumbup: we have a mamas & papas carseat, i need to fit it in our car actually as its diff to the last car it was in.. If it dont fit right then another one will be purchased, its a grey/black one, pretty boring lol! I like the red maxi cosy ones :)

Srobbins, hey hun! How are you doing? Have you made any purchases yet?? :hugs:

I do love being pg but im so uncomfy, i eat & my belly bloats under my ribs, sooo uncomfy :( i just ate tons at a bbq.. Regretting it now lol

We have a few onesies, diapers and wipes that is about it. We have some baby showers coming up so that is exciting! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->