• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

So close! Can't wait til u go into labour and hear all about it!

I think changing table will have to go in our room, picking it up on Sunday so we will see. I haven't told him yet. He wanted our room to have as minimum furniture and have everything in the other room.

Workshop was ok, the women who done it was reading from paper every now and then. I think she just started doing the class, but was good when I asked her a few questions. I think I'm going to get a few books so I can go back to things.
It's a lot to take in for an hour and half.

I love baby gap, they have lovely things esp summer stuff. My mil got him loads of clothes from there came in a big box. All diff shorts, baby gros, tshirts, shoes, socks. H&m also has lovely bits I've got a few sets from there. Will have to pop in. They have loads of stuff online more than in the shops. I find their quailty not that great though.

Haha awkward! Not too bad as its not in person, but yeah I'm not a big fan of too much pink or too much blue.

Doing anything nice today ?

Haha exactly that! I like Blue aswell dont get me wrong but with boys i like loads of really bright colours like Red, Greens & Yellows! Riley was always in Stripey bright coloured vest tops & cool tshirts haha!

I may have a look on Amazon for some breastfeeding books actually, thats a good idea! Let me know if you find a good one :thumbup:

Lol Hubs doesnt know about the change table ha ha love it! Thing is, it will be mainly you getting up to sort babies bum in the night so whatever makes it easier :) plus, when they start needing maybe 1 change in the night you can mive the bits to the other room & so it'll only be for a few months! I do like minimal furniture & clutter but i like to be organised & have everything just so!

Im just sunning myself this afternoon whilst Rileys asleep hehe sneaking chill time! & i cleaned the bathroom through this morning, need to hoover the tiles & wash floor then that rooms done! Ive eaten loads today have been starving! & just finished an ice cream haha!

Are you doing much this afternoon? Or chilling with ye feet up?

Yeah I will look over the weekend for one.

That's the thing I will be feeding in the other room, so I don't know whether it's point less having a changing table in our room. When I will only be using it in the daytime. Don't really want to change baby on the floor though. I have a chest of drawers so I was thinking maybe to change on top of that or just squeeze the changing room in the other room. Both rooms are finished now, we just need to put the blinds up. We went out looking for a new mattress today, went to 3 places comparing them. We both came back so tired, all that lying down. It was my cousin's 12th birthday so we went out for that after. Too much cake this week! Must of been one of them days... Hope you enjoyed your ice cream!

Has Riley finished at nursery now ? Clairybell you are def nesting.. Try to rest too, you don't want to be too tired. Need to save all this energy!

Oh will you not be bf in bed then? I always did, relaxing & cosy ha ha! Although saying that, when he was a couple months old, i did stsrt going in the lounge with tv on watching 2am showings of Smallville & The OC :)

I bet the rooms will look lovely when officially finished with Blinds up :) Is hubs still not a fan of having any changing table in the bedroom no? You could always get one in replacement of a chest of drawers of yours? Use the drawers for your clothes & chsnge matt table ontop perhaps?

Im in debate now of getting a Moses basket for the lounge Lol! Suddenly thinking, shes going to be so tiny & i cant hold her ALL the time & she wont fit in a baby bouncer for a little while & now im panicked, cant exactly just casually lay her on sofa while i dart off to the toilet lol! I may ask SO's parents if they still have the one we used last time & il buy all new bedding for it :thumbup: just hoping they've not sold it already.. :-/ was trying to save money by not getting one but i think we should now!

Hope your cousin had a nice birthday :) Did you manage to choose a new mattress in the end though? I bet you couldve had a lil snooze on one of them ha ha!

Oh i wont over do it on cleaning, bless you :hugs: il potter about kitchen over the coming week or so & thats it really, bedroom & bathroom were my main ones! I have nothing planned at all next week other than pop to my sisters for a cuppa :)

Hey ladies, I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks and finally decided to join properly!
Me and my other half are TTC but I have recently had very irregular periods as I put on about a stone due to medication I was put on about 2 months ago.
I'm just wondering if any of you ladies have ever used Vitex Agnus Castus tablets before? They're recommended for kick starting periods x

Hi Lins & welcome :wave:

We like lurkers hehe ;)

I havent used it myself but someone i know did & her ff charts for regulating her cycles were great & you could always see the definate temp shift after ovulation :thumbup: i know when i used to work in a health & diet store (Holland & Barrett) we would sell lots of Agnus Castus for hormone regularity & women would swear by it! Definately worth a shot hun!

How long have you been ttc for? Are you doing temp tracking/OPK's anything like that? X

OMG im a Watermelon!! Still waiting for my geeky ticker to roll over!

Oooh Iak, hope everythings ok.. Not seen you on in couple of days & starting to wonder if you've gone into Labour..!

& you Golden! Hope all is ok my dear :)

Clairybell! No don't worry I'm still pregnant! Was really busy yesterday and when I did log in I was half asleep! I am a winter melon, what the hell is that ?! Bloody hell, baby girl is the size of a watermelon! You must be waddling by now. I remember when me and my sister were younger we used to carry these watermelons around that my dad used to buy acting like it was a baby.

Well I have a glinder rocking chair and stool in the other room, so will make use of that. OH normally sleeps late so I'm sure he will be up when I'm feeding at night or will express later on and leave him some bottles :) I will probably end up feeding in bed, will see how I am feeling. I'm going to pick up the table changing tomorrow. I'm off out with my mum tomorrow. She is coming with me to buy the last bits. Need to get my bags sorted. Got a load to pick up from Next tomorrow but will taking some back as I got some bits from baby shower. Went into Gap yesterday and changed the sizes. I will be sorting out the room in the week once changing table is here. We need to order our mattress too, it can take up two weeks to come but we have a spare if it does take longer than expected.

That's the only thing I don't like the wooden cots. I would of got one but they are not portable. We live in a three storey house so I would not be able to take it with me. The benefit of having a Moses basket. I'm sure you can buy a nice cheap one that you can leave in the sitting room. Have a look on precious little one.

I hope your cleaning spree went well and u r resting now! 7 more days to go! Size of a watermelon and a violin!! Got to keep us all updated if anything kicks starts.

Is everything ready ? Countdown is on! When is your next mw app? Ahhhh so excited for you!!! We are off to a wedding, better start getting ready.

Welcome Lins91!

I haven't heard of it, but I've heard that sometimes doctors put you on the pill to kick start your periods, not great if you want you are trying to ttc but may help to get everything started. I've heard it helped some women. Have you had blood tests done to see if it is only due to putting on weight ?

Hey ladies I hav been trying to catch up but it's mostly about u guys getting ready for the baby lol I couldn't find any topic to join in for days hehe

CB baby s coming any minute ha!

Nothing to report here, still pregnant (I hope) and don't have any major symptoms

Haha Golden bless you!! Just jump in with any pg or general daily stuff hun! I like general chit chat hehe! When you'll be chatting & logging in overnights, il be doing nightfeeds so feel free :thumbup: just cooking dinner at moment so il do a reply back shortly ;)

Hahaa i when i was a Winter Melon the other week i was like???!! Wtf!! Never heard of it!! Now Watermelon, im down with that ha ha!!

Oh glad your ok! Hope you werent too worn out from being a busy gal! Glad Gap exchanged them buts n bobs for you!

Ooh a Wedding, lovely! Hope you guys have a lovely evening!

SO's parents still have the Moses basket we used last time yay so we'll be using that one :thumbup: i can buy some new bedding for it now in cute lacy white or yello perhaps?! :)

I do have abit of a waddle going now, if i start trying to walk faster, bump goes solid & i cant move its abit painful so i have to walk with a waddle almost a like i have limp or something Lol! Next few days il be lightly cleaning the kitchen & fridge out thats all im doing! Then it'll be an odd hoover here & there! I still need to go buy some Raspberry leaf tea! Its seems so final that il be drinking it & it msy bring on labour.. Dunno if im 100% ready for it but baby coming is happening one way or another eek!

Yes yes you must pack your hosp bag lol im soooo one to talk! I bet your more organised than me :haha: when are you guys due to move to your own place? If its not for a while, after baby boy grows out of moses basket you coukd always get a Crib maybe? Not as big as Cots but lots bigger than moses baskets..

Il def keep you girls updated with any twinges & poss labour stuff!! Next mw apt is this Thursday! 40 wk apt arghhh!!

Golden i just realised your ticker, a tata tot hehe! I LOVE those!! Glad to hear no major symptoms like bad sickness.. It could be easing off for you know & be one of the lucky ladies who has minimal pg symptoms! I was like that with Riley & quite smug about it.. Really bit me in the butt this pg though ha ha!

Are you & hubs doing anything nice this wknd? Hope your taking it easy aswell :hugs:

SO's cousin is a hairdresser so she cut my hair this afternoon, its grown LOADS since my chop & colour beginning of June! Had sbout an inch off all over inc layers, feels lots lighter now :)

Golden- always good to hear from you!

Will you be having a 12 wk scan ?

Just googled it.. I think it's a Chinese vegetable, commonly used in soup! I love watermelon, could eat it all day :)

Good news about Moses basket! btw do all the fitted sheets fit a Moses basket mattress or should I measure the mattress before I buy them ? Did use sheets for pushchair too?

I'm still debating whether to get some raspberry leaf tea, I have read mixed reviews about it. Maybe give it a go and see. We are hoping to have have moved by the end of the year, but need a new car too and want a holiday! So will have to see how things work out. In the meantime it will be good to have some help at home.

Not going to buy a cot now, maybe in a month. Will see how quickly he grows. When did you buy Riley a cot ? Wedding was lovely, I wore high heels not that high, but by the end of the night my feet started hurting... Busy day again tomorrow. Off out to buy baby's things. I've been saying off the last couple of wks to make a list, but no list. I hope I remember everything! Will be relieved when this week is over. Next two weekends I want to do absolutely nothing but relax. Next week will be dedicated to putting last bits in place for the bubs!

Bet your hair looks lovely. Have u had a good weekend ? Weather has cooled down!

Its still warm here in Southampton but not as hot! My feet havent been as fat haha so thats a good thing :thumbup: wknds been ok, just at a kids party with Riley for Princesses & Superheroes hes running round & dancing like a nutter :)

Yeah all Mosee basket fitted sheets are stretchy one size & the size of the matrress may vary by an odd centimetre maybe but thats it! Go agead & buy some cute ones. With the pushchair, i used to lay a Muslin cloth under Riley just incase he spits up etc but if you have a carry cot buggy which faces you, you may want to get a soft mattress protector then a sheet ontop for abit of comfiness for baby boy :)

We already had Rileys cotbed in the other bedroom, it was hiven to us from SO's brother, Riley went in it at 4-5 months old but in our bedroom after he outgrew the moses basket he was in a Travel Cot, was fine as lotsa space & it was comfy for him! Im hoping that by the time baby girl has outgrown her Crib, the bedroom upstairs will be livable as such & stairs are fitted so we can get a Cot up there, if not the Cot will be in our room :)

Hope shopping goes well & you remember all things you went for hehe! Wow you were brave wearing heels, i dont think ive worn heels in ages, my clumsiness il probs topple over Lol

Ahh love the theme of the party. I bet Riley loved it and was super hyper! Hope you had a good time :)

When are u planning to finish upstairs ?

Shopping took 4 hours! We went to a load of different shops. Got everything apart from my bits for hospital bag and bath. Couldn't find one that I liked so may order the Mamas and papas one online. Went through everything when I got home and it's in the baskets to get washed. Got some stuff to take back haha! Brought too many bodysuits.

Noticed today that I had discharge that is thicker than normal and green in color... Hmm

Oh I got the perineal gel from mothercare! Have u started using it ? Wanted to ask you- did you start using nappy rash cream on Riley straight after he was born ?

Riley luuurved the party, he was more chuffed the fact there were 2 toy cars in his going home party bag with cake haha!!

Upstairs should be finished in a few months time, before christmas hopefully & then the downstairs walls will be knocked through next year once we have decided on Kitchen & log burner etc ;)

Oooh diff colour CM.. Tmi i know but was it snotty looking? Only it could be mucous plug coming away or 'having a Show' as they say, give your mw a quick text/call & ask her! Have you had any af like cramps or painful achiness? Any sudden urges for having a poop..?!

I think i did use some Sudocreme straight away as withing 2-3 nappies he was getting a red botty but it never did alot, i used to find that later on Metanuim cream worked a treat! Its a dry yellow paste & the thinnest amt on his bottom would prevent & clear up all nappy rash! I think il be costing her bottom with Vaseline for a water tight barrier, tricks of the trade ha ha! I have all lotions & potions at the ready :thumbup:

I havent started using the gel yet but i think i will do tonight/tomorrow, only reason being i finally got treated for my BV (bacterial vaginosis) i had it just as i fell preggo & the mw said 'oh it'll prob clear up on its own' but mine NEVER does! I always need AntiB's for it, anyhow, they gimme the internal gel treatment which is dure t AntiB into your Vag but as it cleared it up, it gave me thrush! So ive now been treated for that but still having lil bits of Pessary paste coming out here n there from a few days ago but its nearly gone & CM is starting to look normal again! I didnt want to add any extra gel oils or potions to the mix in there Lol!

I need to pester SO's parents as to when i can pick up Moses basket! I need to fet new sheets & bedding for it..!

Aw bless him. He must of finished nursery now ?

Sounds like the house is going to look lovely! I bet you are fed up with the work now but will be so nice when it's done.

I don't know what it is, thinking about it I used the gel last night and I think it happened after. I can't remember my memory is actually terrible. I have actually had a sudden urge to go toilet, but I don't know if that was from the food from the wedding and normally do go after I have a coffee haha sorry for the info! What's BV? Anything to do with down there is a pain!

I went to Tesco and got all my last bits for bag. Got Vaseline and sudocream. I have loads of little metanium cream. What does the Vaseline do ? What clothering for us would you recommend taking? My mum keeps saying take a nighter, but I'm not really a nighter person. She has given me one of hers to take and I've got one of mine haha.

How are u feeling about Thursday for your mw app? Pregnancy journey is nearly over... Thinking about it, I'm feeling sad. Going to miss being a preggo. These last couple of weeks I think I should taken advantage of it haha. Last night my ribs were killing me! I thought he would of started moving down now more now, but nope his legs are still right under my ribs. It's sunk in now though that I am actually going to have to give birth and we are going to be parents!

So I rang the midwife and she said it's completely normal. She said as long as no waters that come with it, it's fine at this point. She said it as only happened twice not to be concerned. I thought it didn't matter how many times it happened. The discharge has gone creamy now and I'm not experiencing any period pains. Def experiencing BH though! Nesting has kicked in too. I was cleaning until 1 am haha! Took it to another level! Started to wash all his clothes so will start putting them away. We still haven't ordered our mattress as OH is still debating what one to get. He is doing my head in! He has back problems so wants the right one.

How is everything your end ? Any progress ? Will they examine you at the 40wk app.

Hi girls sorry for poopy reply, have been busy & im off to Morher are to have an argument lol! I'l update later but basicslly they told me that my new stroller buggy & new carseat i have are compatible & ive buyed the adaptors & hey presto - they are not compatible! Ive googled & its the only one in that stroller range that doesnt fit or is not compatible with any carseat! So im livid as you csn imagine, nearly £330 odd on a travel system & it doesnt work!!! Being due Saturday they best sort something out grrr! I'l br off out in a minute so il post back shortly :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->