Welcome to the Nut Hut!

I was reading about that too, Nazz! I am 100% back sleeper, but every night I keep telling myself I'm going to practice the left side sleeping. Never works, of course!

I used to always fall asleep in my left side, then wake up on my back.
Lately laying on my back is the most comfortable.

AS Long as you're not feeling pain you are ok, if you're uncomfortable laying on the left is supposed to help.
Either way the baby is in its own little protective sac, so you won't be hurting bubs. But if you feel pressure, THAT can restrict blood flow which is bad.

I used to sleep on my stomach now I wake up in that podition cause I feel the pressure and have to go pee immediately lol.
I sleep on my side as much as I can it was a bit hard to get used to but now I find the left quite comfy .I think I will have to add a pillow to put between my legs in a few weeks time.

My teeth hurt! I flossed my teeth tonight, like I do every night, and all the sudden instant pain! Like I bit into ice cream but that cold sensation won't go away. Read it could be preg related. Anyone else have this? I won't complain though! Any symptom that is preg related is more than welcome!!

And I think I have my first blue boob vein! How exciting!

Yep I get that. Best to make an appointment for a checkup though. You're supposed to go more often during pregnancy (if your health plan allows it). I went in March and I'm going again in August.

My teeth have been more sensitive too, didn't really think about it though until just now lol. My boobs are super veiny as well as my sides. I'm hoping all these symptoms mean the little bean is gonna stay with me... Thursdays US can't come soon enough.

And I'm the opposite, I haven't noticed any new veins and my nipples haven't really darkened at all. I already have stretch marks from gaining a lot of weight as a teen, but so far my doctor isn't concerned about my weight. She thinks I may even weigh less after the baby is born than I did when I got pregnant.

On the sleeping note, I looked up positions that you're supposed to sleep in when PG and apparently left side is best, then right side, and stomach and back are no no's. It's kind of too early for us 3 to care about that, but it was saying might as well get used to it early. I keep going to sleep on my sides and then waking up on my stomach and it makes my stomach and boobs hurt real bad. I can tell I'm going to need to get one of those pregnancy pillows to keep me on my side.

I can't sleep on my left side for more than a little while because I blew my shoulder a few years ago. I always seem to end up on my back. Tried the pillow trick, but I always end up throwing them on the floor. I haven't been able to sleep on my stomach since I hurt my back in November so that's a non issue. I know they say not to sleep on your back, but if it's the only position that's comfortable...what are you supposed to do! lol Baby will tell you if it's uncomfortable so just sleep the way you want to and all should be fine.

My teeth have been more sensitive too, didn't really think about it though until just now lol. My boobs are super veiny as well as my sides. I'm hoping all these symptoms mean the little bean is gonna stay with me... Thursdays US can't come soon enough.

And I'm the opposite, I haven't noticed any new veins and my nipples haven't really darkened at all. I already have stretch marks from gaining a lot of weight as a teen, but so far my doctor isn't concerned about my weight. She thinks I may even weigh less after the baby is born than I did when I got pregnant.
My nips aren't darker either, in fact that had never happened to me. The areolas are a bit larger though, which usually happens to me.

Its definitely possible to lose weight either while pregnant, or shortly after.

With my first son, in 2 weeks after birth, I was 5 lbs less than before I got pregnant.

With my second son, before I got pregnant I randomly put on weight that year. Kind if like this time. I ended up by birth having only gained like 5 lbs, because what happened is my weight shifted. So I basically looked like my normal size (before weight gain) but with a pregnant belly.

Apparently that's already starting to happen again. I have technically gained 2 lbs due to bloat, but everyone us asking me if I'm losing weight. Also, besides the waist, my pants are looser. Idk why I gained that 25 lbs out of nowhere months ago, then got rid of like 10, but the extra 15 stayed....
A lot of times its because your thyroid goes into over drive while pregnant.

Years ago while getting a lot if testing before being diagnosed with graves, my doctor was extremely b interested in everything that happened to me after my youngest was born. Apparently he thinks I had acute thyroiditis, common after birth and usually resolves on its own, but for me he thinks it triggered the graves disease, something that was going to flare eventually, but giving birth turned it on. I also lost weight very rapidly after my second was born, it was almost scary. I literally didn't do anything to try. Now I know it was probably cuz I was hyper thyroid.

All I have left if my thyroid now is a teeny tiny piece on each side, just enough for the para thyroid glands to stick to...but apparently even those little pieces can flare while pregnant and cause problems...so I have to have my levels checked constantly

Trying to stick out these last 3 days to test but Im starting to feel like im out :cry: My bbs are still a little tender but not as much as they were earlier, I still have cramps too but not as intense as before. I feel like my symptoms are slowly going away :growlmad:I guess if this isnt out month at least I already have a doctors appointment for a week from today so maybe they can give me some advice on what to do next!

FT mommy please don't lose hope! I lost all hope before my BFP too. I didn't have any symptoms! Still holding out hope for you!

OK girls I just posted this to First Tri forum but I'm kind of freaking out! I just read you aren't supposed to take hot baths during pregnancy. I know for a fact I took at HOT bath during the TWW, I always do when I'm feeling stressed! It was probably 9 DPO or so. Do you think I've done something horrible to my baby!??!

FT mommy please don't lose hope! I lost all hope before my BFP too. I didn't have any symptoms! Still holding out hope for you!

OK girls I just posted this to First Tri forum but I'm kind of freaking out! I just read you aren't supposed to take hot baths during pregnancy. I know for a fact I took at HOT bath during the TWW, I always do when I'm feeling stressed! It was probably 9 DPO or so. Do you think I've done something horrible to my baby!??!

Wugz hot baths are nog good cause a very elevated temp is not goof for the baby and can cause miscarriage. At 9dpo it was very early days and if something bad happened you wouldnt have got that positive and the progression in the first place.

Wugz you are fine!
By hot they usually mean jacuzzi hot.

And like confetti said,.that was too early, not even an embryo, just cells

Ft mommy- the cramping may have subsided if implantation occurred. I cramped from like 4-9 dpo.
My bb tenderness decreased after my bfp. It has now come back with a vengeancE
I'd say you sound more in than ever! Think about it - as Af nears do you usually "lose symptoms"? Probably not...

You might be able to get a reading on an frer now.

FX for you FT...anxious for your test results and hope it's your month :)

I called the doctor about the bath (because once again, I am insane) and the nurse said it's fine. She didn't seem concerned at all. Especially with baths, the water cools down right away, not like a hot tub or something. OMG can this first scan just get here already so that I know everything is fine!?!?

Wouldn't it be nice if I could relax tonight with, I don't know, say... A HOT BATH!?:dohh::dohh:

Wugz you can take a bath, just not a really hot one, like if it doesn't burn trying to get in then it's fine. How do you think pregnant people used to bathe back before showers existed?

Good luck FT on testing!

I called the doctor about the bath (because once again, I am insane) and the nurse said it's fine. She didn't seem concerned at all. Especially with baths, the water cools down right away, not like a hot tub or something. OMG can this first scan just get here already so that I know everything is fine!?!?

Wouldn't it be nice if I could relax tonight with, I don't know, say... A HOT BATH!?:dohh::dohh:

Girl you sound like me when I first got pregnant :) A hot tub is even OK for a few minutes as long as you don't feel your body temp raising. You can sit on the stairs with just your butt in if you you really wanted to.

Wugz you can take a bath, just not a really hot one, like if it doesn't burn trying to get in then it's fine. How do you think pregnant people used to bathe back before showers existed?

Good luck FT on testing!
Yep, our internal body temp isn't swayed much by outside temps, unless extreme....

Like if its 100° outside, you're very hot and uncomfortable, but as long as you stay hydrated and aren't in the direct sun for the whole day, you don't get a fever. You'll feel miserable, but bubs will be well protected in a squishy , temp regulated, fluid filled sac, which is then protected by your uterus.

Also, some people say to avoid baths while pregnant because it actually slightly elevates your chance for a uti or yeast infection, which you're already prone to in pregnancy....
But its not proven a bath increases that risk.... To be safe just take real warm baths and don't soak for more than 20 minutes. You'll be fine! :thumbup:

@nazz- so jealous only 2 days (not even!) Till your scan! :dance:

I have 9 more days!

:dust:

Ft mommy, Fx for your :bfp:
:test:

I just looked at one of those Chinese gender charts, I'm predicted a girl.

I looked back (it was based on your age at conception, and month of conception) and sure enough, for my age/conception months for my boys it predicted boy.

I also checked a couple friends that I knew their age and conception month and it was accurate on them too! Weird right?

Oops- just checked one more- and it predicted girl for her but she had a boy .... Lol, it says 90% accurate....and for the most part, out of the 7 or 8 I put in, all but one was right...
Hmm...
And this pregnancy IS different....
But that could be cuz I was 21 and 26 when I had my boys, I'm 33 now....
I think boys have cuter baby stuff, but while I was looking around in a baby section the other day, I kept looking at the girl stuff. At the time I figured it was curiosity since I've only had boys....
Now I'm wondering....with both my boys, especially the first, I was almost positive I was having a boy. I bet in a couple weeks I'll start feeling sure its a girl.

I just looked at one of those Chinese gender charts, I'm predicted a girl.

I looked back (it was based on your age at conception, and month of conception) and sure enough, for my age/conception months for my boys it predicted boy.

I also checked a couple friends that I knew their age and conception month and it was accurate on them too! Weird right?

I'm predicted a boy. I was so sure I was having a girl and now I just don't know!

Did you do a quiz or the chart?
With my miscarriage I did some quiz, and it was clearly based on old wives tales...it was 10 questions, and I answered straight down the middle, lol....
Half my "symptoms" were boy related and half were girl.

Btw, I still vote boy for you rose, idk why.

Confetti I'm not sure...

Nazz and wugz are too early like me, maybe I'll get a feeling later on....

A friend of mine has been saying "girl" for me since I told her the news, lol.

A girl would balance my family a bit (even my cat is male), I just really don't like that watermelon pink and too many ruffles on girl stuff, lol. And it seems like every other out fit has lady bugs on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->