Welcome to the Nut Hut!

Everything will be fine Nazz! Positive thoughts your way!

Good luck nazz!

I didn't mean I'd stop posting, just that I'd only print out pages up till then....

I can see where it could be embarassing, buy I think it would be sort of neat for them to have when they are grown and ttc...

Ok so... All they saw was a sac with blood in it...? They said they're surprised I'm not bleeding and having a MC already... I have no idea what to think. So they did a blood test to see if it gives more answers and I'll have the results tomorrow. They said another u/s in 2 weeks also, if no MC by then I guess. Not really sure what this all means, sounds like its a 50/50 chance.

Nazz I'm sure this is beyond frustrating. I can't believe they won't give you more answers and possible explanations! Praying that all is well, and hopefully in a few months you'll look at this as just a little blip in an otherwise healthy pregnancy!!!

:saywhat: I cant believe that are not trying to do more to give you better answers or try and save the baby if something is really wrong!! Im sorry Nazz :hugs: Please don give up hope, I will be saying prayers for you that your little bean stays nice and snug in there!!

Aw, nazz, I'm so sorry! :hugs:

Believe me, I know how you feel. No words can help....

But there is hope, even if its small, there is still some hope, or they wouldn't have bothered with more blood work.

I've seen stories where women had an empty sac, told blighted ovum, only to see a little bean with a hb 2 weeks later.

Its probably hard, but my advice is stay off google. I googled like a crazy person when I found out my baby wasn't growing right and the once low heart beat turned into no hb...

I got myself in denial and half convinced it was all a mistake, which only led me to another disappointment...

It doesn't hurt to hope for the best though. Totally keeping you and bean in my thoughts and prayers <3

We are here for you Nazz whatever the outcome.

My nephew woldnt be here with us if his mum did a d&c as told by the docs. My brother insisted on a second opinion they did another ultrasound and they saw a heartbeat.

Thanks guys. Yeah from what I've been googling I feel like if my hormones are still too low on this test they will probably recommend a D&C, and some people said the same thing as you confetti, that they urged to get another u/s and tests and everything turned out fine. Of course in some cases they really did need the D&C. That's why I feel like it's 50/50 right now... part of me wishes I just waited until 8 weeks to go get my scan and blood tests and stuff so things could be more conclusive and I wouldn't be worrying so much, but then I wouldn't have gotten the progesterone pills and who knows, maybe those pills will be saving the bean! I feel like at least if I'm not bleeding my body isn't trying to pass the bean, all of the things I've read online the women were bleeding... so idk.

I'm just trying to stay calm and wait until the phone call tomorrow when they will hopefully have more answers and I can ask some questions.

I wish docs didn't leave people hanging like that!

Its still possible you're losing a twin - not that that's"comforting" , but maybe one is just fine, and the other one had chromosomal issues, its possible that could cause blood in the sac and may obscure the other bean.....

It would explain why your numbers doubled after a week of not doubling too....
You're probably right about the 50/50, Fx and praying you hear good numbers tomorrow.

Well, unrelated topic....
Last night I had a little tooth ache, no big deal. Took one Tylenol.

Well when I woke up today, I looked like I had a gumball in my left cheek, and it freaking HURT. Nazz had more important stuff going on, so I didn't want to mention it.
As the day went in, the "gumball" turned into a golf ball, then a large egg, I'm not even kidding. I have an abscess under neath my molar, and the infection is around my lower jaw bone, and creeping towards the hinge of the upper jaw. I knew I couldn't get it pulled at the dentist due to the swelling, so I just got back from the ER.
They wanted to load me up with lidocaine and slice it open, but I'm the biggest baby when it comes to this stuff! I have spent a LOT of money on my teeth thru the years, bad enamel runs in my family, I finally got my all my upper teeth coated in enamel, as well as a couple crowns (porcelain), and even had the front ones bonded - well as you may remember, I recently chipped my lower tooth, haven't gotten that fixed yet, but was planning on it after first tri...

My point is I have spent thousands over the years , slowly making sure all my teeth remain intact and healthy, but due to the expense ( I have basic medical, not dental insurance anymore) I haven't "finished" my bottom teeth...

So this sucker that started giving me problems last night turned into a big mess today. I didn't want then to cut me, I asked if we can try anti biotics, then I'll get it pulled later...so they gave me a shot and a script, and I mentioned (while I was there) that I think I'm getting a UTI. I told the triage nurse that I'm almost 7 wks preggo, and she asks if I saw "any" on/ yet. I said yes, and I mentioned I see him again next week for my ultrasound. She says "oh, so you HAVEN'T seen ANY Ob/gyn yet regarding your 'pregnancy' " (being sarcastic for some odd reason)
I said "yes I saw MY Ob/gyn right after I found out" she says: "but you haven't had an ultrasound, so you haven't gotten prenatal care yet?"
:growlmad:
Me: " YES I have! I tested positive got pregnancy and then saw my Ob/gyn a few days later, I was 4 weeks 2 days, so it was too early for an ultrasound"
Her: " So , like I said, you're not CONFIRMED pregnant"
Me: "YES I AM. I HAD BLOODWORK, I AM PREGNANT, MY FIRST ULTRASOUND US NEXT WEEK"
Then, besides the obvious fact my face us twice its regular size, I mention that I'm Peru sure I have a UTI, always get one in the first trimester.
Her: how do you know?
Me: well I don't KNOW, but I keep getting cramps in my bladder and when I pee it kind of trickles out.
Her: how do you know its your bladder?
Me: I don't have a left ovary, and the pain is right here (I point on my left side)
She looked at me like I was bat $hit crazy! Wth was wrong with her?
Anyhow, turns out yep! Uti! So now I'm on 2 anti biotics. Yea.

Whoa sorry for that long post, I got side tracked talking about the little details but didn't even say what I wanted to say. Lol :dohh: been doing that a lot lately.

Anyways, I'm taken back, lying on the little bed when I hear the nurse (different one) say to a doctor "she says she's pregnant but her urine came back negative"
I freaking had a heart attack!
She then elaborates and says she even used a second suck AND the lab analysis came back negative, and that the nurse thought "this girl just must really wish she was pregnant, is what I'm thinking"

I'm thinking I'm in the twilight zone...

Finally I hear them talk about her bloodwork, which they didn't do blood work on me, and realize they're talking about someone else, lol.

I was getting ready to demand an ultrasound!

But I feel bad for the other girl, whoever she was...
I have heard of phantom pregnancies before.
What a day.

Nazz- seems like the last 2 Thursdays you are being told something scary by your doc, only to have it turn out better by the next day...I past the pattern holds!

WOW Angel Wings! Sounds like a bad day! I would have LOST MY MIND if I heard them say that the urine came back negative.

Yeah these weeks before the u/s are brutal. You need reassurance. I keep calling my Dr.'s office with these crazy questions. I'm sure when I actually come in they'll be like "Ohhhh this girl." But if I haven't met with a doctor yet, how the hell am I supposed to know all this stuff?! Other than the scary internet! Just found out I've been using another pregnancy No-No for 3 days... eye drops! So frustrating.

I am so disinterested in everything to do with work and my grad classes right now, all I can think about is :baby:.

I'll be saying a prayer for all of us tonight!

Yes Google is not your friend when you're pregnant!! I was driving myself crazy looking up every symptom and what I should be eating and how much that I was so confused. One list would say you can't have this and another list says yes you can in moderation...you can't win. The only things I stay away from is raw fish (which sucks cause I LOVE sushi!) and raw eggs. I have the odd cold cut sandwich now and then...there's a VERY slim chance it will cause listeria. I wash all of my veggies and just make better choices. I only have 1 cup of coffee a day, but at first I couldn't stand it (or chocolate). You can't follow every NO item because you won't be able to eat anything. When you get morning sickness, don't worry too much about food. Just eat what you can tolerate even if it's not exactly the healthiest thing for you (mine was potatoes and beef). You'll have time when your MS goes away to make up for it. If your MS gets too bad, TELL your doctor! There are things you can take that are totally safe. I was reading every baby book I could get my hands on, but they were driving me so insane that I donated all of them to a thrift store. Best thing I ever did. You know your body and don't let a post on the internet freak you out.

I was freaking out because I'm not really feeling a lot of strong movement when others say their husbands are already feeling kicks. Turns out my placenta is on the front top of my uterus so it's preventing me from feeling a lot of movement. At least I know that now. My doctor even has trouble finding the heart beat because all she can hear is my placenta wooshing away.

I'm surprised they gave you an ultrasound at 6 weeks. Mine wouldn't even consider sending me till I was 10 weeks and even then there wasn't a lot to see.

They only gave me blood tests because I called them and said I was spotting, then when my test was low they wanted to keep doing them. Then when it didn't even double over a week they wanted to do an u/s. I don't blame them. They said everything about my pregnancy so far is very strange. :shrug: At the ER they acted like it wasn't a big deal though. So who knows.

I hope that pattern keeps going too Angel! That would be nice lol!

Wugz I'm in the same boat. I've taken time off of work because I just don't feel like going and dealing with my manager and dealing with people lol. And I'm a little behind on school work (although I blame that on working too much before). All I can think about is baby! I think if I knew everything was alright then I would be able to be more productive, but just worrying isn't doing me any good. Plus I'm tired all the time now, I take a nap every single afternoon. Today I took 2 naps. Especially after taking the prog pills, they make me so drowsy.

Anyways I have 2 job interviews tomorrow because I decided since I don't like my job might as well try and find a new one. Hopefully tomorrow is a good day lol.

I hope that pattern keeps going too Angel! That would be nice lol!

Wugz I'm in the same boat. I've taken time off of work because I just don't feel like going and dealing with my manager and dealing with people lol. And I'm a little behind on school work (although I blame that on working too much before). All I can think about is baby! I think if I knew everything was alright then I would be able to be more productive, but just worrying isn't doing me any good. Plus I'm tired all the time now, I take a nap every single afternoon. Today I took 2 naps. Especially after taking the prog pills, they make me so drowsy.

Anyways I have 2 job interviews tomorrow because I decided since I don't like my job might as well try and find a new one. Hopefully tomorrow is a good day lol.
Yep, right there with you guys on the work thing.
One good thing about the ER today is that they wrote me a "do not work till" note. It only covers the next 2 days, but hey better than nothing right?

It sucks cuz now that we moved into a nice house, which is more expensive, I'm working less and less... I mean at least Jason is the main bread winner, so we're not hurrying badly, but that cruise we planned on is pretty much out the window

Oh well, I'll sacrifice the cruise for a healthy baby :D

Plus half the fun on cruises is getting to drink and stuff, which don't get me wrong, I'd still love a cruise even without alcohol, but its looking like we can't afford it. Maybe in September, or maybe just wait till next year.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->