Welcome to the Nut Hut!

Welcome and good luck to you Star :)

We are a small group but super happy to listen to anyone, nutty or not :) Especially glad to have another TTCer, not that I'm not thrilled so many of you have gotten pregnant haha :)

As for names, we have Frederick Burton or Frederick Harris(on) and for girls a bunch of names like Chloe Anne or Arya or Ella Lynn or Samantha Leah...boys names have been easier since we have to have Frederick as a first name, and hopefully we get a boy :) *tradition*

Thanks PDubs!
I totally love the idea of traditional/family names...but both myself and DH come from broken homes and we love and are very close to our step parents and parents and grandparents on all sides...so if we wanted to honor someone we would feel bad for not honoring everyone. And who wants to give there child 8 names...lol...i stop the line at a first and 2 middles...lol

And I am totally nutty, so all is good lol! I think I'll fit in just fine.

We are a small group but super happy to listen to anyone, nutty or not :) Especially glad to have another TTCer, not that I'm not thrilled so many of you have gotten pregnant haha :)

As for names, we have Frederick Burton or Frederick Harris(on) and for girls a bunch of names like Chloe Anne or Arya or Ella Lynn or Samantha Leah...boys names have been easier since we have to have Frederick as a first name, and hopefully we get a boy :) *tradition*

Leah is my middle name!
Ooh, I like Arya!
My boys both have R middle names, it just happened that way, but now I want to keep it up. So I'm trying to sell him on Kyla Rayne (rain) so it would be an R name plus although spelled different, by using something from nature it will reflect my native American side. Plus Kyla means either waterfall or ocean in Hawaiian, I forgot which, so it goes together that way too. (not sure if "Kyla" is the proper spelling for the word, but its the spelling we like)

So far the only boy name we both like is Austin, but we're both just sorta "medium" about it... I like Aiden, and Braydon... I almost named my oldest Peyton, but now I'm glad I didn't cuz its turning into a girl's name.

Have you ever noticed how many boy names turn girl? Hundreds of years ago Ashley was a boys name. Same with Lindsey. Like 30 years ago Devon was a boys name, and Madison, but that is changing now too. For now they're neutral names I guess, but soon will probably be girl names.

Ooh yeah, we both like Bella, but I said we can't, there are already a ton of Bella's, with more to come, cuz of twilight.

My oldest is Dylan, born AFTER the 90210 craze, but I used to ALWAYS get asked if I named him that cuz of the show! I don't want to be asked that again. Lol

Hi star baby!

So I spent that day with on of my best girlfriends who I hadn't seen for a few weeks and felt terrible about keeping this secret from her! She was telling me about a girl she works with, who she 's not even that close with, is 6 months preggo and trusted her with the secret. But for some reason I just can't tell anyone yet! Not until we see the OB! Have you girs told too many people?? I haven't even told the parents:nope:

hi there star baby and welcome :)

so nice to see you all thinking names, I don't want to start before BFP :D

Angel a belly band is just a band to put over your unbuttoned pants... I guess it's one of those accessories for when you cant really fit your pants anymore, but you can't really buy maternity clothes either... idk here https://www.target.com/p/be-materni...949805&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=10949805

So I went to my midwife place and I love it :thumbup: they seem way more intimate and caring than the OB. And it looks like they will take me despite my threatened m/c. Unless it turns serious of course. I also went afterwards to the store and asked the pharmacist what is a safe thing to take for constipation when pregnant... the poor guy lol. So awkward. But I had to do it. I got colcate or something like that, but unfortunately I just read the back and it said it takes 12-72 hours to work :wacko: uggggh! I'm dying over here!

:dohh: Don't even get me started about the names. Every name I like OH hates and every name he likes I hate. He wants to name a boy after his dad who's name is Eric... and I'm first of all not about to call my son and my mans dad the same name, and second of all that name is way too vanilla for me! I have a very interesting name and so does everyone in my family basically and I want to keep it up. Unfortunately he likes very ordinary names, the kind where our kid is going to meet a ton of people during his life with the same exact name and completely not unique at all. I'm trying to combine his dads name and my dads name (Izzy and Eric) to make one unique name... so far I've come up with Ari, Ezra, Zerik, Zeke... idk a few others, but OH doesn't like any of them!!! He's not trying to find anything better though, I guess he figures it's too early to really care yet especially since this pregnancy is kind of up in the air. The only girl name we can agree on so far is Audrey or Audree. It's not as unique as I would like though... lol. We're both too picky.

Yeah, I've noticed...It's nice. Need some e-friends that know what i'm going through...Cause my DH surely doesn't. All I get is stop stressing so much. If it happens it happens, if not, i'm fine with that too. Noooooo, I'm not fine with it if it doesn't happen. It's like somedays he is totally on board and giving me name suggestions, and the next he is totally indifferent to getting pg at all.

My DH is like that too...I think mostly he is trying to make me feel better just in case we somehow don't get pregnant...but sometimes at night he'll just pull up the laptop and start searching for names...so cute haha...

His best buddy that lives about 6 hours away is due in september so it seems to help him with the baby talk stuff...and he allows me to look at clothes and toys...we bought them a clifford plushie on the weekend :)

Thanks PDubs!
I totally love the idea of traditional/family names...but both myself and DH come from broken homes and we love and are very close to our step parents and parents and grandparents on all sides...so if we wanted to honor someone we would feel bad for not honoring everyone. And who wants to give there child 8 names...lol...i stop the line at a first and 2 middles...lol

And I am totally nutty, so all is good lol! I think I'll fit in just fine.

Frederick is my husband's first name, but he goes by his middle...it is tradition for the first boy of the oldest son to be named Frederick...ours would be number 8 or 9 :)

Do any of you have names for your babies to be?? We have a list going....Trouble is I like a lot, and the hubs is totally picky. Names I love he doesn't like at all. But we have narrowed my huge list down to 5 for each sex that he likes....

Right now we have a few for both...hopefully we find out the sex when I have my re-scan on Wednesday.

Girls - Jenna, Katrina, Lauren, Maya
Boys - Evan, Gavin, Matthew,

Ooh yeah, we both like Bella, but I said we can't, there are already a ton of Bella's, with more to come, cuz of twilight.

My oldest is Dylan, born AFTER the 90210 craze, but I used to ALWAYS get asked if I named him that cuz of the show! I don't want to be asked that again. Lol

Bella might be strange right now because of the relation to Twilight...

Hi star baby!

So I spent that day with on of my best girlfriends who I hadn't seen for a few weeks and felt terrible about keeping this secret from her! She was telling me about a girl she works with, who she 's not even that close with, is 6 months preggo and trusted her with the secret. But for some reason I just can't tell anyone yet! Not until we see the OB! Have you girs told too many people?? I haven't even told the parents:nope:

Only people who don't know are the ones I work with. Haven't gotten the courage to tell them yet since I only started there 2 months ago.

Jay told his mom, we haven't told my parents - they weren't too happy last time, I could hold off forever if they didn't live so close, lol. They think 2 is enough and even though Jay sees the boys as his own, and they know that, they can't seen to grasp that Jason and I still want a baby that is "ours", and his mom is dying for a grand kid (she treats my boys as hers too, but I guess is not quite the same)....not to mention MY dad is technically my step dad, and my mom was done having kids but he wanted one so bad (yet still loved me like his own), so why they don't understand is beyond me. Plus I have a few health issues that my mother us over concerned about. I'm high risk, but its manageable. Its mostly that its dangerous for me to go in labor, so I need a C-section, and just need my thyroid levels checked a lot. Not too big of a deal.

I'll be more open after Thursday, if everything goes well at the ultrasound. My last MC the babies never grew past 6wk 3 days, and the chemicals happened when my thyroid wasn't controlled, so Thursday, at 7 1/2 weeks, if everything us good ilk be able to relax I think.

Only our families know. And the word got out within both our families and now our extended families know too. I wish they didn't just because I might have to go back and be like, "hey guys, just had a m/c, sorry to disappoint. Go gossip some more please." I really wanted to wait until like at east week 10 or maybe 12 to tell people. I guess that's the point I'll probably be telling all my friends and stuff. I can see now that it is going to be hard to hide even that long with this belly.

hi there star baby and welcome :)

so nice to see you all thinking names, I don't want to start before BFP :D

I have always started the name game early...the second I know we are trying. Just a planner, it's my personality, I guess.:haha:

I get it just as bad and I'm not even of yet.....all I hear is when are u gonna give us a grand daughter?? Heard it for over a year now. Gets really bothersome....makes me feel almost less of a woman, us know??

My 1st name is Rita 2nd Rose typical mediterranean name and hb Patrick.

I have told family and on facebook I changed my profile pic to a bump so now everyone knows. Last friday I took my son to chatholic classes and a lady just asked me and excused herself for telling some horror stories about her pregnancy lol. I had just gotten my bfp and her story really made me want to rewind everything lol.

Morning star...wish I was off today...so hard to get up this morning...though I kinda get to sleep in tomorrow since I go for my HSG...I think I get a whole extra 15 minutes :)

I have a mock interview this morning with my professor.... wish I had the day off and didn't have to go!

Confetti- my OH's name is Patrick! lol Of course that one is on his name list too ](*,) so conceited... lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->