Welcome to the Nut Hut!

So, DH and I have been:sex: like wild bunnies the last couple of weeks. My dr said on thursday to test next monday the 6th. I had this crazy dream last night that I woke up this morning and took a test just for the hell of it. And it popped up :bfp: in the dream, i immediately snapped a pic with my phone and sent it to my DH. And since waking up this morning, I have been fighting the urge to go POAS! Do ya'll think it's to early to test?? would I be wasting my time. Would be totally bummed if i got a :bfn:
I had bfp dreams every month, this last cycle, for the.first time, I had a bfn dream. Turned out I actually had a :bfp: in my future! They say opposite is good!
In some cases opposite is good, but not what i'm hoping for. :cry:

Star, my faint line came at 10dpo so you may want to wait a few more days. I know its hard...I was supposed to wait until 12dpo and I just couldnt lol so luckily I got a faint at 10dpo or I would have been so depressed
I SO knew you were preggo! The early symptoms were the giveaway! That's why I suspected I was, but wad afraid to say it, didn't want to be disappointed, or maybe have it be a failed implantation - I read that it happens way more months than we know,, some docs think that people ttc actually fertilize the egg up to 50% of the time! Is just that due to all the things that go wrong in cell division cause it to not implant. Crazy right?

So, DH and I have been:sex: like wild bunnies the last couple of weeks. My dr said on thursday to test next monday the 6th. I had this crazy dream last night that I woke up this morning and took a test just for the hell of it. And it popped up :bfp: in the dream, i immediately snapped a pic with my phone and sent it to my DH. And since waking up this morning, I have been fighting the urge to go POAS! Do ya'll think it's to early to test?? would I be wasting my time. Would be totally bummed if i got a :bfn:
I had bfp dreams every month, this last cycle, for the.first time, I had a bfn dream. Turned out I actually had a :bfp: in my future! They say opposite is good!
In some cases opposite is good, but not what i'm hoping for. :cry:
:hugs:
Don't let what happened to ME reflect your situation star!

Out of everyone here, I'm the only one that had a bfn dream at ALL, much less a bfn dream while actually preggo!

Typically "opposite is good" refers to real symptoms, not dreams hun.

I'm naturally a vivid dreamer. I didn't mean that to mean you aren't getting a bfp, just sharing a funky story about me :)

With all the :sex: and the fact you've been tested and cleared, I'd say it's just a matter of time for you - hopefully this month!

If you are probably 8 dpo, I'd TRY to wait till about 12 dpo, 14 if you're REALLY patient, lol.

Bfn's are disappointing, not to mention the waste, I actually was well behaves thus last cycle, usually I spend like a minimum of $50 a cycle on tests. I would literally start testing at 8 dpo, by 12 dpo I would use like 3 different brands to test!
Crazy! The worst month for me was January. I have had wonky cycles myself (click on my ff chart!), but was coming into my first cycle after (finally!) Having a 28 day cycle....
Bd was perfect! 4 days before, 2 data before, 1 day before, day of and day after, I was convinced wee did it! I had strong o symptoms, at 3 dpo a bit if brown when I wiped...
Never had that happen, I'm thinking early implantation bleeding... I google it and it's technically possible though rare.. By 5dpo it was full on bleed. I go to doc (my new, never meet before Ob/gyn) freaking out, I cried like 5 times, showing the nurse and then him my charts, wanting to know what was wrong with me...
He called me down, said that they don't typically start testing for problems till one year ttc, and that since I had 2 boys, and I was clearly ovulating, that the 2 hardest problems to fix were already taken care .... He then said, no lie, " I won't make you wait a year. Tell you what, give it 3 more months, and then make an appointment, I'll run preliminary tests, but I'd be very surprised if the next time I see you its for testing, I expect to see you in 3 months for your prenatal check up"

I even told the girls here at the time, so its documented, lol! Sue enough, that was January, and April, 3 months later, bfp! Crazy!

I know the waiting sucks, but at least you don't have to over come any big obstacles. You'll get your bfp soon I'm sure!

Ok :dohh:
I'm a total doofus, lol!
I redid the Chinese gender chart, I accidentally put April as month of conception, when it was actually March. Now it says I'm predicted boy! :rofl:
Baby brain!
Since it was right the first 2 times its bound to be wrong this time. I sill think girl, but a boy would be just fine! At this point, I "know" boys lol.

Sucks that I have awhile to wait. Like 12 weeks! :growlmad:
Too bad hpt can't give a blue line for boy and pink line for girl - for those that want to know!

Star, my faint line came at 10dpo so you may want to wait a few more days. I know its hard...I was supposed to wait until 12dpo and I just couldnt lol so luckily I got a faint at 10dpo or I would have been so depressed
I SO knew you were preggo! The early symptoms were the giveaway! That's why I suspected I was, but wad afraid to say it, didn't want to be disappointed, or maybe have it be a failed implantation - I read that it happens way more months than we know,, some docs think that people ttc actually fertilize the egg up to 50% of the time! Is just that due to all the things that go wrong in cell division cause it to not implant. Crazy right?

The early signs were getting me soooo excited, then they just stopped and I got so sad :haha: once again my body doing what it did best, trickery! I was for sure giving up on the month but turns out all was good :thumbup:

I went crazy symptom spotting. The month I got my bfp I think was the month with least symptoms.

Today I had boob pain I massaged them a bit to ease the pain and I am already leaking lol.

nazz, I never saw anyone so excited about going to do number 2 :haha: :winkwink:

2dpo ..... well, these days going so slowly, hopefully this vacation week will keep me busy so i will stop thinking so much about 2ww ...... today i have sore nipples (but from bd and stuff :blush:) and bigger boobs, but it is too early for symptoms to start, i know.....

today dh called me form work to ask if he has to pollinate me today :dohh: :haha:

I went crazy symptom spotting. The month I got my bfp I think was the month with least symptoms.

Today I had boob pain I massaged them a bit to ease the pain and I am already leaking lol.

I never leaked till after birth.
I hate that! And oh the pain of milk filling in...feels like rocks trying to run through my veins...

:rofl:2ndtry..one of the first things my dh said was man, thanks goodness it was hard to "try" lol now we can just BD without thinking so much!

with my bfp, i dont think I stopped cramping from my ovulation date, although they were mild it was one of the reasons I had a hunch it was my month. Goodluck FX!!

Lol I don't think I've ever been that excited to go number 2... I'm still backed up and its driving me nuts!!!

Star I had no symptoms the tww I got my bfp except sore boobs and I get that every month. Every other month I had a million symptoms.

Hurray for num 2 Nazz!!

The day after I had my son I still hadnt done the num 2. So when time came I realised chilbirth has given me some very painful pressies in the behind due to all the pushing. I was in such an agony I couldnt bear to lift my newborn baby. The joys of motherhood! This time I will go prearmed with cream lol.

Yep me too! I was constantly wanting more symptoms so I knew it wasn't all a dream....how quickly I wish those symptoms would just go away when they did show up!!

3 more days till scan, this has been the SLOWEST week yet. Way worse than 2ww!
Since I'm neurotic, besides memorizing hundreds of images from women between 7-8 Wells pregnant, I also found a handy chart that shows average, high, and low range for measurements by gestational age in days.

So, I made a chart for crown rump length, gestational sac, heart rate, and yolk sac, and wrote the average, then below that the accepted "range".
Jason will be going with me and I had to explain the abbreviations countless times.
He has strict instructions to write down measurements. I told him what to look for on the screen in the event the tech decides to be tight lipped (which will result in her getting a fat lip most likely :trouble: )
The bad tech at my old doc was all Ms. Talking McChatterbox at the first scan, and silent the second time. Unacceptable. I know what better be there and no matter what I don't want to wait.
Just waiting till Thursday is hard enough. I have to get through tomorrow, then Wednesday I'm busy so that should go fast.
Can you tell I'm a little nervous and excited? :D

Umm angel, care to share your notes with me? :D lol I have no clue what to look for.

And confetti that sounds horrible. Birth gets scarier every day the more I hear...

Umm angel, care to share your notes with me? :D lol I have no clue what to look for.

And confetti that sounds horrible. Birth gets scarier every day the more I hear...

Well I'm a a few days ahead, so my numbers and yours will be different, but I can tell you the important things to look for, and if I can recall the site I found the chart on, I'll post a link :)

There's basically 4 main things for a viability scan. CRL - crown rump length, at this stage its measured in mm. GSD - gestational sac diameter (they find this by using the average of 3 measurements), yolk sac diameter, and HB or HR - heart beat/rate

No matter how far along, they want the hb to between 120 - 180, BUT if you are under 6 weeks measurement, and the hb is 100, they won't be too concerned, but will probably re scan you in a week.

Also, the yolk sac should be no more than 5.5 mm no matter what, and typically around 7 weeks its usually about 4.

But GSD and CRL varies by age.
There's also a plus/minus margin of error of a couple days.

Since you bd'd a couple times after you O'd, its totally possible for you to measure a littler under and have conceived later....

Poor Jason (and me), we literally haven't dtd since march 25th! , so if I measure too small I'll know there is an issue! Right at o time us when my son was in the hospital, then needed constant care at home plus with us working we were simply too exhausted! By the time I had my bfp I wad totally not in the mood - then since my dirty dreams were giving me orgasm which led to spotting, we're both just scared. Hopefully the scan will go well and we can celebrate that night! :sex: lol
But if I spot, I'll have to go back to no :sex: till the end of the first trimester, which sucks!

I'll see I can find that chart. Idk why I didn't bookmark it....:dohh:

Oh, and as to what you want to "see" - you'll want to see at least a yolk sac, which looks like a circular white ring, and hopefully fetal pole, which would just look like a fuzzy line. They might be able to see the hb, or if you had a late bloomer, you may even see a tiny bean embryo!

But, even if they only find the yolk sac, just remember that its progress - do even if the other stuff isn't there (yolk sac shows up first), you'll know you're heading the right way!
:thumbup:

This isn't the EXACT one I used for my home made chart, lol, but same idea, you can even see the drastic difference in a 5wk 5 day scan vs 8 weeks - at 5wk 5 days the baby was a tiny spot on top of the yolk sac, within 3 weeks you cam actually tell what you're looking at lol!

Some of their "averages" were a little different than the other site, but I'm sure different companies use different standards....

Hope this helps!:

https://www.msdlatinamerica.com/ebooks/CoreCurriculumTheUltrasound/sid184995.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->