Welcome to the Nut Hut!

I hope nazz is doing ok, she hadn't posted in awhile. I wonder if she ended up having surgery after all.
Not that I expect her to be posting all the time, she's going thru hell , I know. I wish we had an update.as to her status.....

Ok Ladies---would like a little help. DH and I have been talking about IF we get a :bfp: this cycle and the small chance that it could be multiples d/t the clomid. We have started looking at names again...Our second choice for a girl is Amelia....Both of our boys have 2 middle names...so we want to keep with the tradition. I love Amelia with Juliet...but am having trouble putting another name with it. Any suggestions would be great.....Amelia _____ Juliet or Amelia Juliet _____ last name is Bradley. Thanks!

Star my middle name is Rose. hmmm Amelia Rose Juliet sounds nice :p

Star my middle name is Rose. hmmm Amelia Rose Juliet sounds nice :p

I love Rose, our niece is Victoria Rose though, so Rose is out. Dh doesn't really like it either. Says it reminds him of The Golden Girls....bahaha....he's a goob.:blush:

Those are pretty names!

Well I'm getting my 2 hour glucose test done today. I'm sitting here SO hungry and Michael just made a wonderful smelling breakfast and I can't have any! I swear I'm going to be totally cranky by the time I'm done this test. Lab doesn't open till 8am (it's 7:15am now), that means I won't be able to eat till after 10am....:brat:

Hmm... I don't really have a name suggestion, as we have only agreed on one girl name, haven't come up with a middle ourselves, nor do we agree on boy's names yet.

Anyone read about the "nub theory"? Apparently its very accurate, but only in week 12 or.13

Also, it has to be a good profile shot, with little or no leg interference.

Here's the theory: at the bottom if the baby, there is a nub on both males and females. If the nub is up 30° in comparison with an imaginary line drawn from the base of the lumbar spine, its a boy. If the nub is parallel to the spine, pointed down, or less than 10 ° up, its a girl.
The accuracy is incredible, through multiple studies. The first thing you're probably thinking is if its so accurate, why isn't it used all the time?

Because it really needs to be a specific shot. So there are a lot of pics that don't meet the criteria.

I have a perfect profile shot, no leaning whatsoever. However, you can see part of the leg. I also have a near perfect profile, 2 actually, but again, parts of the leg are also seen.

But, after studying NUMEROUS pics, I'm thinking girl. There's another distinguishing factor for a girl, that is not always caught In a pic. And that is seeing 3 parallel lines, at the base of the baby, that are clearly not part of the leg.

The "nub" will appear bright white.

I have 2 pics that I'm almost POSITIVE I see the nub, and in one its parallel, in the other its pointing down.

I have another shot where I see the 3 lines, but I can't be positive the 3 lines aren't a part of the leg.

Also, the tech made a comment when I spoke about how cooperative my boys were doing a gender scan. She smiled and said a lot if boys cooperate, and a lot of girls don't. In the very next shot she pointed out the legs and said "see how the legs are crossed?"
Later on, she mentioned the crossed legs again.

I keep looking at girl clothes.
I'm Chinese predicted a boy. I took a couple quizzes (probably based mostly on old wives tales and maybe a little bit of statistics) and all said girl.

Anyone have a 13 or 12 week scan pic they can post? I would like to compare mine...
Even those of you not currently pregnant, but have kids?

There's a sure that even has a couple techs posting in it and responding and guessing gender on the "nub theory" also called "angle of.the.dangle" lol....

My sister in maternal fetal medicine, and can sex fetuses with a 90%+ accuracy at 13 weeks or something crazy like that. Sounds like it's the nub theory.

I will NOT be showing my sister any of my US images. I don't want to know in advance.

OMG girls, my doctor let me see the baby today! Total surprise! First he was going on and on about how we were about to do the doppler and it still might be too early, and my husband was like "We need some proof there is a baby in there. Today." So my OB (who I LOVE now) rolled in the sonogramer (is that what you call it?) and we found him/her! New nickname: Flip. He was flipping all over the place! So excited to finally meet my little one! :) :) :)

OMG girls, my doctor let me see the baby today! Total surprise! First he was going on and on about how we were about to do the doppler and it still might be too early, and my husband was like "We need some proof there is a baby in there. Today." So my OB (who I LOVE now) rolled in the sonogramer (is that what you call it?) and we found him/her! New nickname: Flip. He was flipping all over the place! So excited to finally meet my little one! :) :) :)

Congrats Wugz, that's so exciting :)

My sister in maternal fetal medicine, and can sex fetuses with a 90%+ accuracy at 13 weeks or something crazy like that. Sounds like it's the nub theory.

I will NOT be showing my sister any of my US images. I don't want to know in advance.

Can you show her mine? Seriously! I don't remember how many I posted on this thread, I think 2....

Congrats wugz! You should ask for an NT scan! Seriously that wad the coolest I've ever had, and I've had a lot... He/she can put on a little performance, small enough to still move around, yet big enough to know exactly what you're seeing....I'm sure your doc will order one if you ask!

I have one scheduled for next Thursday! Very excited to see the little fella again.

I have one scheduled for next Thursday! Very excited to see the little fella again.

You'll love it! See if you can get it on DVD. That wasn't an option where I went, but I know done places do it. I wish I had a DVD! I might try to see about booking a private scan....I looked into one place but you had to be 16 weeks.... I'm going to look into more places soon, oh, I had my pelvic exam today, and finger pricked to go with the NT scan , and for some reason my bubs does NOT like to position itself for the heart to be heard on doppler, so I got a super quick scan today, abdominal, just to verify, and I realized I wasn't nervous at all! I finally got past my fear! Anyhow, in that brief glimpse, besides the heart beat, it looked like baby was river dancing! Maybe she doesn't like the doppler cuz she can't show us her dance moves!.I sear, the second he had the full body, she kicked one leg, then the other, then crossed and uncrossed...and crossed! The doc and nurse laughed a little too. My doc said "well the doppler isn't getting it, but only a baby with a good heart moves like that! I'm just bummed I have 6 1/2 weeks till my next scan! I SO want to shop! I got a sleeper with brown bears on it , totally neutral, and just says "adorable" but that Kitten sleeper I got I'm hoping gets to be mine! I thought I wanted a boy, but now I'm drawn to girl stuff. Even the stroller I like is more girly...though could go either way I suppose. I also bought 2 packs of diapers, now that I feel "safe". I'm going to buy a pack a week and start stocking up on formula too, but probably not till like 6 months for the formula. Even the powdered kind expire ...

Congrata on the surprise scan Wugz!!

I had a docs appt yest everything is fine but doc said I am measuring bit big. Fundal length should be about 23 but I was 27 eeee!

Angel wings, I want to start stocking up on diapers too... How do I do it? How many of what sizes of what brand??? Lol! So beyond happy right now!

Aww congrats Wugz, its sooo amazing to see little bean, I cant wait to see mine again!! It will be for the NT scan so Im glad I will get to see it for awhile.
Angel, I signed up for Similac and used my address then used my parents address and DH's parents address and they sent so many big containers of formula, they dont expire until the middle of 2014! I put my due date as of june this year so I could get them quickly, once June comes around I will sign up again and put my due date for early next year so they send me more around that time! They send you so many free samples and coupons, its great!

So far signed for baby club from Publix, in my name, Jason's name (at my mother's address) and his mothers name at her house, lol

I also went to everyday parenting online and signed up for Gerber stuff and other things. I recently got a few full size samples of formula, ad well as several coupons.

Wugz- what I do is only buy a few packs if "newborn" diapers, but both my babies were over 8 lbs . The rest I get a lot of size one, but will also but size 2. I ended up with so many size one's I had to return a LOT of them. Just do what seems about right, if you have to exchange them for as different size you won't get hassled.

I AFM also signing up for WIC, which gives you pre written "checks" for things like milk and bread while pregnant, then for formula after baby is born. They use Gerber formula, so I'll be stocking up more on that brand.
But even formula can be exchanged if you get a.colicky baby, as long as its not open.

My insurance through work, if you can believe thus, does NOT cover prenatal stuff! No visits, nothing! I have never heard of that! I had to sign up for medicaid for pregnancy, which I know this sounds dumb (maybe) but I feel like I get judged, like "oh if you're on medicaid why are you having a baby?"
But a lot of people don't realize pregnancy medicaid is different, they don't really turn anyone down. At least where I live. To hell with what people think I guess, I just wonder if that's going thru their heads is all. With my first I had excellent health insurance through where I worked, I paid literally nothing!.no Co pay! I want even charged to carry the insurance! With my second I didn't work thru most of my pregnancy and my ex husband's company had crap insurance, so I was on pregnancy medicaid then. They also cover everything fully. Certain things, like the NT scan, my doc just writes "medically necessary for this patient" just to be safe, cuz medicaid does like to question charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->