Welcome to the Nut Hut!

To all the ladies talking about names: They are all wonderful....Anake...I like Connor the best, Angel...I like Tristan Avery/Alec.....FT...I love love love your girl name.

To Anake: I was diagnosed with GD with my second child, but I didn't have it with my first. It made me upset when I was diagnosed because of course I couldn't eat what ever I wanted when I wanted it....but I tried to follow a diabetic diet for the baby....didn't want him to have health problems. He was born at a healthy 8 lbs 14.7oz, 18 days early of his due date. Even though I lost like 10 lbs because my diet had changed at the end of my pregnancy. Anyway....after this ramble...all i'm trying to say is it's only temporary, and it's for the best of the baby. And if you are lucky after his birth it will be gone. Good luck to you, and if you have any questions, about what to eat, or things to quench your sweet tooth, let me know...i can try to help:hugs:

Thanks girl. I was pretty crushed earlier, but I'm ok with it now. I don't want to do anything that will harm him at all so I'll be good and do what the doctors say! I just don't like the idea of pricking my fingers twice a day BLECK. Diabetes clinic appt on the 20th so I'll see what they want me to do. I'm already eating fairly well, but I guess he needs more than my body can provide. I measure small already so hopefully that won't change (they keep telling me I conceived 10 days after I think I did....which would make my conceiving and getting my + on the SAME day...not possible!) I'll definietly get some tips from you :thumbup::winkwink:

Anake my mum is diabetic so I know the discomfort of finger pricking and restricted diet. Thanks God after baby is born you can resume your life normally.

I am on the same restricted diet during preg cause of my genetic predisposition for diabetes. The only plus side is that we get to control our wieght.

Got my results for the GD test...I have GD and I'm really upset about it. :cry:
I'm not looking forward to pricking my fingers twice a day. I don't even want to go to work today....
:hugs:
So sorry. The finger pricking you will get used to quickly. I know it's hard, but plenty of babies are born perfectly healthy to mothers with GD.... Since they tend to be big babies they sometimes do C section or induction a couple weeks early...

Keeping you and little one in my thoughts

That's no fun, Anake! So sorry to hear. But like Angel said, I also know lots of women who've experienced it and all was perfect in the end :)

Got these pictures today! The lady said ?BOY? was just a GUESS so don't go start buying anything! But with the angle of something she thought boy. I've been feeling boy all along!!!! :) All the measurements looked fine, just have to wait until next week to get first trimester screening blood work back!

SO beyond happy to hear little one looks normal :0)

Attachments

• photo-11.jpg
    photo-11.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 5
I'm not looking forward to pricking my fingers twice a day. I don't even want to go to work today....
So sorry. The finger pricking you will get used to quickly. I know it's hard, but plenty of babies are born perfectly healthy to mothers with GD.... Since they tend to be big babies they sometimes do C section or induction a couple weeks early...

I'll probably be fine. He's been measuring a 1.5 weeks behind anyways...they keep trying to tell me I conceived 2 days before I got my +...

That's no fun, Anake! So sorry to hear. But like Angel said, I also know lots of women who've experienced it and all was perfect in the end :)

Got these pictures today! The lady said ?BOY? was just a GUESS so don't go start buying anything! But with the angle of something she thought boy. I've been feeling boy all along!!!! :) All the measurements looked fine, just have to wait until next week to get first trimester screening blood work back!

:) Yeah I would wait till at least your 20 week scan before getting excited :) I'll probably need a few more ultrasounds for GD so since they're already looking, I'll get them to check to make sure we're still having a boy!!

Looks good Wugz :) another boy eh? haha..who's gonna have the first girl?

LOL watch my ultrasound be wrong and I'm actually having a girl...that would be my luck!

Boys boys boys! Wow! Perfect nub shot! I'd say 80 percent sure boy! Have you read about nub shots and"angle of the dangle"?
In the 12th and 13th week it's 96 and 99 percent accurate, respectively! The hardest part is making sure you get a true "nub shot", which you did! I almost did, but not ideal....but my "potty shot", though less accurate, is pretty clear with little room for error...
Omg, 4 in a row team :blue: just on this thread!
P dubs and star, prepare for girls, cuz this scale is tipping! :)

I'll probably be fine. He's been measuring a 1.5 weeks behind anyways...they keep trying to tell me I conceived 2 days before I got my +...
That's right, you did say that....they don't know everything. I was told both my boys would be small, my youngest was predicted on THE DAY I DELIVERED to be only 5 - 5 1/2 lbs. I knew that wasn't possible cuz I could feel him in my left rib cage and right pelvis at the same time, but she was all condescending, saying she knows what she's doing...about 18 hours later my 8lb 2oz baby was born!

Angel, our nurse mentioned a little bit about dangle angle but I didn't fully understand. Sure feels like a boy though!

Scan went better than imagined!! She even gave us some 3d shots for the heck of it!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 6
Basically, at 12-13 weeks, both boys and girls have almost identical external genitalia. BUT, the "nub" in boys points up at an angle of about 30°, girls are horizontal, or point down....
The trick though us getting a perfect profile , not even slightly leaning, and preferably no legs in the shot...also the angle is based on the same line they would use for crown rump length. So not necessarily straight across the uterus or sac, but the longest straight line from crown to rump, that is what's used to determine the "angle"
In your pic where she had the arrow isn't exactly at the nub, if you look closely, that part doesn't seem attached to the baby, even though it is attached, but the angle crates shadows making it look separate...it's either leg or cord, but keep following where the arrow us pointing and you see what looks like a.m. second belly button, but down low. That's the nub, and it's definitely pointing up!

I don't know how to flip it the right way from my phone??!
Me neither. Phones are weird like that. I've even rotated the pic then uploaded it, but it's sill sideways! Argh....

Great pics!.did you get a gender guess? Great profile but I just see legs, they are blocking the nub!

No gender guess she said they do them at 16 weeks but I'm gonna hold off until 18 weeks just in case!

Even at 18 weeks you may not get an answer. I had mine at 20 weeks and then again at 22 weeks and only then were they able to tell.

A lot is in luck, they have to get a clear shot, some babies don't cooperate, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->