Welcome to the Nut Hut!

Has anyone else experienced pain in their upper abdomen? its not severe but it can be bad sometimes. It happened all last night I could barely sit up, it seemed like my stomach wanted to burst open...my guess is that everything was stretching and moving?? Everything is fine and back to normal now but man was that painful!

Has anyone else experienced pain in their upper abdomen? its not severe but it can be bad sometimes. It happened all last night I could barely sit up, it seemed like my stomach wanted to burst open...my guess is that everything was stretching and moving?? Everything is fine and back to normal now but man was that painful!

Oh god yes!, right under my ribs. I was so uncomfortable for a few days that I didn't want to do ANYTHING. Most likely baby sitting on a nerve or it's everything stretching to make room. I wouldn't get too concerned about it unless it lasts for a long time or starts coming in waves. I felt like I had pulled a muscle in my stomach :(

definitely! On 3 occasions it felt like my stomach was twisting and knotting up...just under the rib cage....basically centered but sorta all over. It would hurt bad and then a spasm would come that was so intense it brought years to my eyes...
The only thing i have found in common with these 3 episodes is being a little constipated - for awhile i was only going once every 8 days! Now i seen to go about 2-3 times a week...
But the stomach pain i guess is a sort of indigestion - some gas, maybe too big of a meal on top of not using the bathroom and it makes a recipe for disaster! I did not have this at all with my other pregnancies.

Oh yeah, and the stretching/moving around, I'm sure yoU're right and that also plays a role!

Thank everyone. I'm not assuming I'm out, cause I'm pretty sure I felt ovulation on Friday night (I was worried it was my kidneys but it was at the front, so ovaries are more likely). I'm past the point where stressing will do me any good.

Here's to hoping for a Canada Day BFP! (though I'll also be testing on the 30th cause we have a party that night, and it's nice to know if a couple drinks are safe)

Omg. This it's a horrific story!
This is why I only allow family members to watch my kids at young ages, although these people were "family" they are clearly not fit for being around children! Brace yourselves

https://www.theblaze.com/stories/20...amounts-of-cocaine-and-heroin-by-babysitters/

Since becoming pregnant, my life time battle with insomnia finally was subdued...and has, tonight, come back with a vengeance . Making up for lost time i assume. :brat:

To make matters worse, I've been waking up earlier and earlier, which hasn't been too bad since I've been generally going to sleep at a decent time...

Sigh.

That sucks Angel! Do you take anything for insomnia? My husband has had trouble sleeping ever since he came back from Iraq but now has some wonderful pills that let us both sleep:thumbup:

That sucks Angel! Do you take anything for insomnia? My husband has had trouble sleeping ever since he came back from Iraq but now has some wonderful pills that let us both sleep:thumbup:
No, not really. I have been on klonopin for like 4 years, for both anxiety caused by graves disease, as well as "bad sleep" - I used to have extreme night terrors, sleep paralysis, sleep walking, etc, that made me more tired than before falling asleep. I've dealt with insomnia since I wasa child.
It comes and goes in intensity. Theklonopin doesn't make me sleepy, but it does help me sleep much better. I was finally going to bed by midnight for a while after getting pregnant, but the last few days I'm staying up a little later, and a little later. Last night i finally fell asleep around 330 am. If this keeps up, i will soon be going to bed around 5 am...

I'm hoping it's temporary, but most of my life i go thru this pattern, and it seems like it's coming back. I'm so tired, but simply can't shut my brain off and go to sleep. I need complete darkness (have black out curtains in our bedroom) and silence, except for a small fan by my head to make "white noise" to drown out any other noise...if i even just barely hear a TV in another room,or anything, i can't sleep. It sucks.

I've never suffered from insomnia, quite the opposite as far as being able to sleep at 9 but I am an extremely light sleeper...I blame a VERY loud snoring ex that forced me into using earplugs for 3 years just so I could sleep...anyway...every now and again I put them in because the creaks in our floor wake me up, so does the dog's tag hitting her collar, DH rolling his office chair, and the sound of my DH opening or closing the bedroom door....ANYWAY...in all the years with my ex it was a MAJOR issue so we tried a ton of models until we found the Peltor No Touch Ear Plugs...of which I bought a huge box, TWICE...they are amazing and really do block almost everything out...if you really want help with noise I suggest you try a pair..I got a box of 100, not sure if you can get smaller quantities or not

https://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/peltor-no-touch-earplugs.html

Oh man, not sleeping is the worst. My heart goes out to you! My DH takes trazadone. It doesn't make you drowsy at all, just relieves nighttime anxiety. No idea what is safe to take during pregnancy though. We're addicted to sleeping with the fan too. Have to take it with us when we travel.

I've also been having trouble sleeping and staying asleep when I do fall asleep :( I've been getting more and more uncomfortable and it's grating on me.

Today I developed a intense ache feeling on my right side under my ribs and all the way round to my back...paired with really bad heart burn I'm miserable today!

Sorry Rose! :hugs:
Unfortunately that will probably come and go for the remainder. All depends on how the baby sits, which nerves or organs he's pressing on....you'll have good days and bad days....
I bet he's kicking up a storm at this point! I REALLY love when the movements get active! (till the last 4 weeks when they are big and can REALLY pack a punch or push or stretch against your sides real hard

My youngest really hurt me towards the end...literally could tell if it was his butt, foot, head, elbow, etc...you could SEE it!

:hugs: Rose. I am feeling the same at the moment. The only position I can breathe well in is standing up. It takes me half an hour everytime to find a good position wheli in bed or sitting pfffff. Plus I am waking up again during the night and cant get back to sleep and tge only comfy side is the right cause if I stay too much on the left my leg tingles and goes numb. At least I know that when bubs maybe moves down I will have my breath back.

I was getting BH contractions last night too...my whole stomach went rock hard for 30ish min at a time for about 6 hours. Nothing today. I think that's what was causing my discomfort yesterday at first, but then later on they didn't hurt at all, just felt tight. I'm not overly worried about it.

Doing a thrift store search today for crib bedding. I'm a member of several Facebook shop & swap pages and one lady has a whole bunch for sale so I'm going out there later to see what she has. Gotta love getting stuff that's nearly new for a fraction of the price of new :)

Ugh...330 am was when I went to bed Tuesday night, and 4 am last night. :growlmad:

I knew it. Insomnia is coming back, hard and fast....in just 2 nights I went from going to bed at a decent-ish hour to 4 am. This isn't good :nope:

Mine is finally going away. The only thing that helped me was Unisom. It put me right to sleep and I actually never felt drowsy in the morning. Good luck, I know how hard it is to deal with I wish it upon NOBODY!

Well I got my blood meter today. I can't explain why, but I freaked out when they tried to show me how to prick my finger. I think I had worked my head up to thinking it was going to hurt. After I finally did it, it wasn't so bad.

First meal under my new GD eating plan. It's going to take a bit to get used to. I was doing a weight loss plan before and this one counts cheese as a protein and not a dairy...ugh...I LOVE CHEESE!

Tonight's meal consisted of 2 cups of cut up veggies (cucumber, tomato, red onion, cilantro) with lime juice on it, chicken burger with bbq sauce and a whole wheat pita.

Not too bad, but I overcooked the chicken burger...woops! Apparently I was eating WAY too much protein and not enough carbs.

Rose, that meal actually doesnt sound too bad! Im sure its going to be difficult but thats motherhood for ya lol!

Just got back from my NT scan, she didnt say whether she thought it looked more like a girl or boy grrr LOL thought I might get lucky! Little peanut was moving around like crazy!! Heartbeats at 165, just love seeing my baby :cloud9:

Here is the pic, any thoughts?!

PS- the tech thought it was cute how obsessed my daughter Hayden is with the baby already so she put "Haydens Baby" on the pic :haha:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 3
So my nutritionist was basically no help. I tried my first breakfast meal this morning and I was STARVING afterward and it made my blood sugar shoot up. I think we need to do some tweeking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->