Welcome to the Nut Hut!

haha...oh the pregnant in the heat....I honestly can't deal with a hot day as I am now and am very nervous to get pregnant much later than September as I won't be a good summer expectant mama....

as for the testing thing...I honestly would go with your gut...if you think it's something I would test just to be able to put it out of my mind and relax (like that's ever possible when TTC) I think it's a bit funny that you brought it up because I had a similar thought regarding being preggo even with a period only because I have had the worst nausea and migraines since the end of AF...I was in the hospital on Thursday and Sunday for the migraines and vomitting and today I feel awful again with a lot of head pain (way more than normal for my migraines) ...weird to have one every 3 days but our weather has been very wonky and barometric pressure seems to give them to me

Yeah heat + preggo sounds so uncomfortable. It's been pretty nice in the Midwest so far this summer but I know it's coming. I am definitely excited about 3rd tri during the fall because I feel like there are some super adorbs maternity outfits to rock. I'm thinking lots of leggings with long sweaters.... Doesn't get more comfortable than that!

So today I literally laughed out loud at this poor girl at lunch. I am so mean, but she told us they started TTC like, not even a week ago.... And during lunch she grabs her side and says (in complete seriosusness) "OmG I think I'm having implantation cramping!" I guess after 6-7 months of hard core trying I get a little irritated by girls who think it happens instantly. She wants me to bring her my left over preg test tomorrow and take it at work... WTF???:dohh:

So today I literally laughed out loud at this poor girl at lunch. I am so mean, but she told us they started TTC like, not even a week ago.... And during lunch she grabs her side and says (in complete seriosusness) "OmG I think I'm having implantation cramping!" I guess after 6-7 months of hard core trying I get a little irritated by girls who think it happens instantly. She wants me to bring her my left over preg test tomorrow and take it at work... WTF???:dohh:

Don't you just want to smack people like that!!

oh dear...that's awful...were we ever that naive?? haha so funny...something to be said about optimism I guess...good luck to the poor thing :)

Reminds me of that post where pepper were debating how early you can feel the baby move...
First off, there's a big variance of "normal", secondly, usually the more kids you have the softer your uterus is, etc....but anyways there was a girl, pregnant for the first time 6 weeks, sweating she could "feel" the baby "poking her all around her bell button"!
Unless the baby was in her stomach , that's just not possible at 6 weeks, nevermind the location, the baby is like 1/2 an inch long, he isn't poking anything!

I.just don't understand how some women are ignorant about their bodies like that

Let's go out on a limb of the crazy tree, and say for some odd reason she did feel implantation (I know she didn't but this a what if scenario lol) then there still wouldn't be enough hcg by tomorrow for a hpt anyhow,derp! :dohh:

I'm a born researcher, perhaps more than is even healthy, :haha:, but you'd think anyone trying anything major, like having a baby, would be a little knowledgeable. Or at the very least know that they DON'T know, and should probably not say stuff they don't know anything about. I guess I'm mean too

Ignorance is annoying. I mean, I'm not saying I know everything either, but if I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't say anything, ya know?

Are you going to bring her your test? Idk which is the best way to handle it....maybe offer to bring it to her like 2 days before Af is due and tell her how it sucks disappointing yourself...if she gets a negative (which I'd say is a safe bet) she's just going to test again anyways. ...

Oh I'm going to bring it so she can put her money where her mouth is!!!! lol! It's all she's talked about this week. "I peed 4 times this hour... omg I am totally pregnant!". It's all about attention in my opinion. If she was actually someone invested in TTC I would have way more interest, but it's more like "let's keep the convo revolving around me." And she said she gets her period every 14 days.... is ovulation even possible? omg I don't know why I am so catty today! I'll blame it on the hormones :devil:

Oh I'm going to bring it so she can put her money where her mouth is!!!! lol! It's all she's talked about this week. "I peed 4 times this hour... omg I am totally pregnant!". It's all about attention in my opinion. If she was actually someone invested in TTC I would have way more interest, but it's more like "let's keep the convo revolving around me." And she said she gets her period every 14 days.... is ovulation even possible? omg I don't know why I am so catty today! I'll blame it on the hormones :devil:
Yeah my hormones have definitely let their presence be known this time! Lol
Is she very young? I have a hard time picturing a grown woman acting like that.

On a side note, when I was 18 I started getting my period every 2 weeks and that's what lead to diagnosing the cancer in my left ovary and fallopian tube. So if that's really happening to her, she needs to see the doc, doesn't mean its cancer, but it means there is a problem, and idk how she could even think pregnancy us possible if she us having 2 week cycles. If she is ovulating, doing so that early in a cycle is releasing bad eggs, they need time to mature uterine lining needs about a week after your period to build back up. So IF that's true and IF she's ovulating, it would be bad eggs
plus a luteal phase defect, I don't get how she doesn't see this as an issue that needs resolving before ttc

Little guy just gave me his first kick! Caught me by total surprise! I've been feeling flutters, especially when I lay down and push gently on my belly...but I was just sitting, leafing through fb and hi-ya! I even yelped just cuz I wad totally not even expecting it! I hope this means I'll feel regular movement soon !
:happydance:

Awesome!

I jumped the first time I felt my little guy kick. I was lying in bed and bump :) Now I just wish he'd lay off when I'm trying to sleep!!

No movements for me yet... normal though for first time mom's to not feel it until later though... right? Dr.'s appt this morning, I have a mile long list of question. One of which is about sleeping position. I'm a total back sleeper and can't seem to make the switch to the side!

No movements for me yet... normal though for first time mom's to not feel it until later though... right? Dr.'s appt this morning, I have a mile long list of question. One of which is about sleeping position. I'm a total back sleeper and can't seem to make the switch to the side!

Totally normal. I don't think I even felt flutters with my first. I can remember exactly when my first kicked, but I want to say around 18 or 19 weeks, idk if that's early or normal, but he was karate kid in there. I think I read "normal" is anywhere from 17-24 weeks. It's a erode range. I thought I wouldn't feel it till later cuz my placenta is in front of the baby, and a lot if women with anterior placenta say they didn't feel the baby move till later since the placenta is in the way...

They recommend laying on your left, to improve blood flow. I'm a back sleeper too. Even if I fall asleep on my side I always roll to my back. I think they say to try to do it by 20 weeks, but if it's not your norm, start practicing now. I tried a tip I read, putting a pillow between your knees while on your left side - one night it worked, one night it didn't. It also said if you're still rolling, try putting a large pillow behind your back, to make rolling harder. I haven't tired that yet. I'm not overly worried about it, I also had a hard time with my second son staying on my left side. I would wake up on my stomach sometimes! But I had no issues. I think it's just one of those things to "do if you can" but it's not out right dangerous if you don't...as long as your placenta and baby are remaining normal.

Yeah my nurse told me sleep on the side by week 20 today too...better start practicing! Nice, strong heart beat from the Doppler so that made my day. Gender scan set for Aug. 5! I will be blown away if its not a boy!

Everyone is different. I felt the first flutters around 14 weeks, but I passed it off as gas at first. They kept happening and got stronger. Don't worry if you haven't felt your bubs move yet :)

'They' say the ideal position is sleeping on your left side so you're not putting pressure on your organs, but if I sleep on my left, my little guy complains! He's transverse and lying on my right side and only calms down if I'm on my back or on my right. I'd say sleep in whatever position is comfortable for you! There's a risk of putting pressure on the blood vessels to the placenta if you lie on your back, but it's minimal and won't harm your baby. If you're not comfortable and can't sleep then that's not good either!

Yeah my nurse told me sleep on the side by week 20 today too...better start practicing! Nice, strong heart beat from the Doppler so that made my day. Gender scan set for Aug. 5! I will be blown away if its not a boy!

We need a girl in here! :thumbup:

I know it was a little while ago we were talking about the sophie the giraffe toy, but i just found it semi-featured in this article along with some other toys recommended for development: https://mamaot.com/2012/07/09/15-toys-for-babys-first-year/

I know it was a little while ago we were talking about the sophie the giraffe toy, but i just found it semi-featured in this article along with some other toys recommended for development: https://mamaot.com/2012/07/09/15-toys-for-babys-first-year/

I still think it's a marketing gimmick. Sounds like a chew toy for a dog!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->