Welcome to the Nut Hut!

I know it was a little while ago we were talking about the sophie the giraffe toy, but i just found it semi-featured in this article along with some other toys recommended for development: https://mamaot.com/2012/07/09/15-toys-for-babys-first-year/

Yay Sohpie! Ha! I thinks it's pretty cute. I guess we'll see if it lives upto it's hype... I'll let you girls know in a year! :)

I'm not sure I'm convinced on Sophie either, mainly cuz the price for what it is, but it is cute, and I liked the link to the main article.

In a lot of ways I feel preggo for the first time, seems like a different life time when my boys were born. I'm sure within a day or 2 everything will come back though

17 weeks Angel! Eeeek that seems so far into it! It still only feels like a week ago we were analyzing our FF chats!

17 weeks Angel! Eeeek that seems so far into it! It still only feels like a week ago we were analyzing our FF chats!

Tell me about it!! I went back to when I got my + and I was SO sure I was out that month lol

Not sure if it was you guys or the other group I'm in that wanted to see, but here's some photos of our little guy's room. So far the current consensus is his name will be Evan Michael DeGroot :D but we'll have to see when he's born.

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/anakerose/IMG_20130705_211926_zps0160a94d.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/anakerose/IMG_20130704_115754_zps354139a4.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/anakerose/IMG_20130704_103256_zps01fe4efd.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/anakerose/IMG_20130623_204236_zps60901f70.jpg

Ahhhh so cute!!! I saw those owl decals on Pinterest and I totally pinned it. I love owls!!!! Did you order them online or find them in a store?

Ahhhh so cute!!! I saw those owl decals on Pinterest and I totally pinned it. I love owls!!!! Did you order them online or find them in a store?

My mom got them with her Save On More points through Save On Foods in Canada. Not sure where you can buy it.

sooo cute Anake just wish I had a nursery to decorate.

Nxt teusday we have a hospiral tour to see the delivery suite etc. Time is going by so fast.

I know wugz, it feels so REAL now! Got a little kick yesterday, softer though, maybe more of a jab, but it felt like he was rolling around or something.
Confetti andRose must be really feeling it!
Between my boobs and (almost everyday)-my belly, I look preggo, not just round, lol. My weight just fluctuates between pre-pregnancy weight and +4 or 5 lbs, but like with my youngest, I had randomly gained a little weight pre-pregnancy, so it's not bad. I finally bought the Bella band. I swear my legs and butt look bigger too, but since my bump is growing without really a weight change, I guess it's just my perception.

Oh for sure I'm feeling it! He's transverse lying on my right side and has found a spot under my right ribs that I swear are bruised! I'm starting to have trouble finding a comfortable sleeping position and the pillows aren't helping. I almost always end up on
my back because it's the most comfortable. Lying on my left sucks because of my shoulder and he protests a lot when I do. Last night was party time for a good 4 hours!

<insert rant>
On a brighter note, my blood sugars are doing pretty good! I haven't been put on insulin and I'm working very hard not to be. I have another doctor on my team now that specializes in GD babies so there's 3 OB's on my side now. If I have to go on insulin there's a good chance they'll induce me 1-2 weeks early and I haven't booked that time off work! The only stress out of testing my blood have been the nutritionists I'm seeing. They're totally off their rockers! They're suggesting I WALK to Costco and then do my shopping and CARRY everything home! HELL NO! There's no way a pregnant woman should have to carry that much weight for 10 blocks, and I have a back issue. They also want me to start taking the bus because I have to walk to the bus stop. Ok fine, but why would I do that when it takes over an hour to get there via bus with 2 transfers and I'd have to pay for it, when I have a free parking pass through work and it takes me 10 minutes to drive there. Makes zero sense to me. I try to get out and walk at lunch, but dammit some days I'm just tired! Oh and get this, they want me to get out and RIDE MY BIKE! Uhh...yeah they don't know how accident prone I am! I don't fall often, but when I do, I do it right lol.
<ok rant done>

How is everyone else doing today!? I wish nazz would log on and let us know how she's doing. I think about her sometimes.

Yeah it's sounds like those walking suggestions would only make your life more stressful... Not a good strategy! I get my walk in after dinner usually. The temperature has cooled down and it helps me not to feel so bloated after a big meal. Having two dogs that pretty much demand walks helps too. I've never been able to consistently workout since before our wedding last summer, but I try to stay active in general... Pulled some weeds today and stuff like that. Does anyone here do actual workouts??? I wish I had that kind of motivation!

Rose- I agree their suggestions are ridiculous! I mean, walking makes sense, that's good for anyone, young/old, preggo/not, but it doesn't mater WHERE you walk. Maybe they thought you just weren't finding time to do it or something so tried to make it part of your routine, idk. Getting motivated for me bat 17 weeks is near impossible, so I can imagine how it must seem to you! If you can get the motivation, personally I would just take night walks, when it's cooler, and just walk around your neighborhood...I keep wanting to do that myself, but lack the energy!

Wugz- nope no actual workouts here! I do occasionally play a couple songs that have specific dances to them though....and maybe twice I did some toning type exercises....and that's about it. We do have a Wii, with a dance game, I should try to do a couple songs worth. 2 songs doesn't sound like much, but it really wears you out!

Oh yeah, and Rose, I meant to say that COSTCO , of all places, would be impossible for anyone to walk home from! Most of their stuff doesn't even fit in bags, what do they expect you to do? Balance a box on your head and see how many more you might be able to carry?!? Smh, just ridiculous!

Yeah no I don't do an actual workout. I just go for a walk or something. It was 40C here last weekend after 2 weeks of rain so it was SO humid! Made it tough to exercise outside. I suupose I could start walking at the indoor walking track, but it's a 20 min drive to get there (yeah I know excuses right!). I just want to get back on my skates again! I stopped playing in February when I took a pretty hard fall while reffing. Didn't want to take the chance that I was going to hurt him.

So my cat, who as I've mentioned has grown very attached to me since being pregnant, came in my room with me last night for bed time, like usual, but this time he only kneaded and layed on me for like.5 minutes, then he got off the bed and left the room. He usually gets off my chest then curls up next to my head or sometimes my feet. Well, right after, Jason got up to get a drink of water real quick and I guess he didn't realize our cat had left the room, and he shut the door on his way back in. Well that locked the cat out for the night, which he isn't used to, though before btu pregnancy laid with us most nights, but not every night like he does now....Well when Jason woke up, apparently there were 2 pieces of cat poop on the floor (on ab tiled section at least), though it was surrounded by grains if litter so he said nugget might have accidentally kicked it out while digging, but the pieces were far away from his box, and he never does this! I mean he has accidentally kicked a.piece out, but it's close to his box when it happens so you can tell it was an accident, apparently these pieces may have started out as an accident, but he
up batting them down the hall! AND he puked in a throw rug in the living room, and it wasn't a hair ball and he hadn't eaten anything unusual, just his usual dry kibble (we don't feed him wet food)...we think he was pissed off he couldn't come lay in my hair or "watch over" me like he always does since our door was shut...but he's not the acting out type. But he has definitely become attached to me big time, so I think his intensified feelings expressed themselves in anger instead of his usual "love"....idk...cats can be a little weird....

Wugz, do your dogs act differently towards you now?

I wish nazz would post too, even to just pop in so we know she's ok. I've been worried about her! I still think about tigger too...I'm surprised she still hadn't come back at all...I hate how her last post was....she was so excited, her appt was the next day etc....and then, nothing! If I'm not mistaken, she had the first bfp right? It just makes me sad, I wish I could speak to them....

Oh yeah, and Rose, I meant to say that COSTCO , of all places, would be impossible for anyone to walk home from! Most of their stuff doesn't even fit in bags, what do they expect you to do? Balance a box on your head and see how many more you might be able to carry?!? Smh, just ridiculous!

Nope they wanted me to try and balance it all on my bike...the lady is nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->