Welcome to the Nut Hut!

No flu!!!!!!!

Do you girls get the flu shot?? I never, ever do... And I never get the flu. After 6 years of teaching I think I'm immune to all germs. But Dr says the flu shot is a must while preg? What do you girls think?

I got the H1N1 shot once and had a bad allergic reaction to it. My arm ballooned double the size. Did the flu shot for 2 years and I found I was MORE sick those years! I took more sick days those two years than I took in the 10 years before that. I tried the shot because I have asthma so I figured it would help, but it was the exact opposite. I think I got sick once this winter. Thankfully I haven't had many colds while pregnant because there's not really much you can do about it!

Today my stomach is rolling, but I'm the late shift today so I have to go. I'll come home if I feel worse, but right now it's workable. Might have been something I ate.

YIKES! I just stepped on the scale and I've lost 6 pounds in the last few days...what the heck! Normally I would be jumping for joy, but during pregnancy..

Maybe because youve been sick Anake? I have yet to gain any weight, still have only lost 3 pounds, im sure ill be gaining in no time though!

As for the flu shot, I never get one and I barely get sick! I do remember if I had to get one when I was pregnant with my first, I know if I had the choice though I definitely would have declined!

No flu!!!!!!!

Do you girls get the flu shot?? I never, ever do... And I never get the flu. After 6 years of teaching I think I'm immune to all germs. But Dr says the flu shot is a must while preg? What do you girls think?

Personally, no, I refuse to get it. I've seen people get it and have side effects almost as bad as the flu they might not have caught anyways, and when Jake was about 8 months his EX pediatrician had given him a flu shot with regular vaccinations WITHOUT Z my consent or knowledge....that same night he hit a temp of 104, ended up with pneumonia, got a rash all over his chest and sores in his mouth....I've never had a flu shot ever, and I don't catch the flu every year. More like 3 times in 10 years....

My doctor hadn't even mentioned it, but "flu season" where I live is like November to March, and really is only bad in January/February, so I'm assuming that's why...I'd refuse anyways.

Yah I've been pretty anti-flu shot my whole life. We'll see if I get talked into it. I know they'll say that since I'm around little drippy nosed kids all fall/winter it probably wouldn't be smart to skip it. But vaccines in general make me weary! I heard there is a vaccine for chicken pox now?? That was a right-of-passage for me as a kid! Lol.

Been watching 16 and Pregnant for a couple episodes now, ha it's much more entertaining now that I'm preg.

Yah I've been pretty anti-flu shot my whole life. We'll see if I get talked into it. I know they'll say that since I'm around little drippy nosed kids all fall/winter it probably wouldn't be smart to skip it. But vaccines in general make me weary! I heard there is a vaccine for chicken pox now?? That was a right-of-passage for me as a kid! Lol.

Been watching 16 and Pregnant for a couple episodes now, ha it's much more entertaining now that I'm preg.

Yeah the chicken pox vaccine was around when my oldest was a baby....I had him at age 21, and had never had chicken pox, despite my best friend, father, brother, and 2 kids I baby sat breaking out in the same week...my mother took me to the doctor cuz I WASN'T getting them lol...he said maybe I'm just a "carrier"...she then decided to try to infect me, was afraid of me getting it bad older, so she would literally have me stay with whoever had them, lol. Then, when I was 23, my son fully vaccinated, I randomly got them. Didn't know a single soul who had them! I was lucky and it was mild- except for my scalp. I had TONS on my scalp, and maybe 15 total on the rest of me. so weird! Then my oldest caught a mild case before my youngest was fully vaccinated! My youngest never caught them, and my oldest want supposed to since he had the vaccine! Go figure!

Hope you feel better soon....
You know what's weird? With my first I came down with a massive flu around 36 weeks pregnant. Sucked cuz in third tri there's not much you can take for it. It lasted like 2 weeks and he was born days later!

*fingers in ears*...la la la can't hear you! I'm not going to get the flu! (I have to keep telling myself that) :)

Had the weirdest sensation last night. I think little guy flipped and was on my left side for awhile, but he's managed to snuggle back into his normal spot on my right under my ribs (oh my ribs!!). It felt like my stomach was going to pop open and boy did it hurt! Woke me up from a dead sleep. He's sure been active the last few days :)

More rolling sensations, and the feeling of my stomach hardening, must be bubs rolling to the front...

I know exactly what you mean Rose.my youngest was such a stretcher/pusher I swore he was trying to bust through my belly like in the movie alien, and it would hurt bad. This little guy is already doing some if that, but although he's smaller he's hitting weird nerves or something cuz the sensations are very weird and uncomfortable. I did get one actual "kick" last night, so that's 3 total, but this is the third say in a row I've felt him rolling around, or that's what I think he's doing. Even when is uncomfortable it makes me happy, cuz it just feels so real, and sometimes i get excited, sometimes I suddenly get scared, like omg, what have I gotten into! Don't get me wrong, this IS what I want but sometimes I just worry about things. We decided we're going to do a Co ed baby shower, idk about you guys, but that's the norm around here lately. We decided on October, when I'm 7 months. Sounds far off, but October is less than 3
months from now! Eek!

Anake I think maybe you list weight cause of your strict diet. As long as bubs is growing than a little weight loss is not bad. I just went for my visit today. No weight gain but in 5 weeks I have grown 4cm fundal length so 1cm less which is good cause doc said it is norm to grow 1cm per week and I am 31cms still a bit big but my growth seems to be under control now phew.

Yay bubs is cephalic too!! he still can turn but with my son he was cephalic at 26 wks and stayed that way.

As for the flu shot I took it once and I felt terrible all winter. I have never given it to my son also.

Angel I havent had a baby shower with my son. They were not a big part of our culture but they are slowly getting a bit more common these days. If someone does not organise it as a surprise than I will do without. Here we celebrate most the baptism and the first birthday of bubs we do a feast put some things that symblise diff jobs within reach of the baby and see what he picks first. My son picked a wooden spoon and a police hat. Just like his daddy he will be a chef and than became a policeman lol what a coincidence.

Angel I havent had a baby shower with my son. They were not a big part of our culture but they are slowly getting a bit more common these days. If someone does not organise it as a surprise than I will do without. Here we celebrate most the baptism and the first birthday of bubs we do a feast put some things that symblise diff jobs within reach of the baby and see what he picks first. My son picked a wooden spoon and a police hat. Just like his daddy he will be a chef and than became a policeman lol what a coincidence.

That's neat with the objects for a first b day! How cute!
Baby showers are definitely big here, now half the time they are regular parties, people usually grill out and everyone us invited plus their kids, etc.....

It will be a big deal for Jason's mom and sister, since this will be the first baby. He is the oldest of 5. His brothers may come but it's not really something any of them would be into...

I'm looking forward to it, had a great one with my first, but do to moving a lot while pregnant with my second and my marriage on the outs, never did a formal shower but did receive gifts. Actually, since I'm into football, I may make it a baby shower/football party, we always have football parties anyways...maybe then the guys will be more comfortable, start the shower like an hour before the game, get the girly stuff out of the way and them I want to watch the game! Lol, when it comes to that I'm practically one of the guys..

Not the greatest photo, but hubby has the camera right now.

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/anakerose/Bump32Weeks_zps7638efdd.jpg

Yea for bump pics! But you don't look like a baby is due in just over a month! He must be in your ribs and towards your back!

2013-07-10 19.39.09-1.jpg

Ok not the best, I had to take it myself, hold the phone, hold my shirt up, and the button to take the picture is on my touch screen, I'm actually in a weird position that happens to look almost normal but I think I pulled a neck muscle!

See, it's not even a "bump", I'm just rounded out in my torso...every pregnancy is like thus for me, but I'm showing earlier this time around

And no that's not my boob poking out my shirt :rofl:
For some reason , even at nine months preggo, my rib cage us seen- my youngest is like that too, a prominent rib cage. Don't know where it came from, no one on either side had this feature.

Yayyyyy cute bumps! Love it!!! Me and my DH can tell I'm bumping, but everyone else says they don't see anything. I want it to pop out!!!!!! Maybe tomorrow :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->