Welcome to the Nut Hut!

Yay Anake!!!!! You must be so friggen excited!!!!!

The silly pharmacist at Walmart made me cry today. Yes... I was being COMPLETELY overly sensitive. But she was still rude. I took a couple different brands of prenatals up to her to ask a quick question, and she asked how far along I was and I said, excitedly, "19 weeks today!" and she LAUGHED in my face and says, "you sure you're pregnant? you might want to check that date again." I put the vitamins away and headed to the parking lot b/c I could feel the tears swelling up. I'm so insecure about my little bump, you would think that a medical professional would have a little more sense then to comment on it. I CANNOT WAIT FOR MY 20 WEEK SCAN!!!! Then I can tell everyone my little baby is measuring just fine and they can keep their comments to themselves!
:growlmad::growlmad::bodyb::bodyb::devil::devil::ignore::ignore:

Sorry wugz. I had very similar reactions with my first pregnancy as well. Like the time I parked in a spot reserved for preggos, and it was hot out and I was real tired and I was like 6 months pregnant. Some lady yelled at me saying it's just as bad to b park in a "pregnancy" spot as it is in a handicapped spot - I was in no mood and yelled right back that I was 6 months pregnant and not my fault she couldn't tell. (I had scrubs on from when I worked in a doctor office)

That's totally uncalled for, her speaking to you like that!

I'm a little worried, and Jason is freaking out ( though this being his first child blood related, he worries like a first time father)...but literally out of nowhere my feet have swollen like you wouldn't believe. Last night I noticed my left foot/ankle was swollen, and was surprised cuz with both boys I barely had any swelling while pregnant, and the little I did have didn't start till at least half way thru the 3rd trimester. 20 weeks seems awfully early.

Anyways, so last night I notice my left foot/ankle is pretty swollen, but not bad. I figured by this morning it would be gone. Nope. 20 x's worse and both feet. I looked it up and though I know it's normal, it's NOT normal for them to swell this bad this early. I've checked 5 different sites, and each one said "sudden" swelling is a definite "notify your doctor immediately" well this is definitely sudden. I also read that "normal" swelling gets worse throughout the day, and is usually gone or at least lessened by morning, which is how my other pregnancies were. This morning they are VERY BAD. .. It even hurts to flex my feet, there is so much retention that you can't see my ankles at all and I normally have bony feet and can see my ankles as well as bones/tendons on the top if my feet. Literally my ankle area is the exact same width as the front of my foot, the spot where your foot is the widest. I don't think it's pre-eclampsia, as my blood pressure is never high, in fact at my regular doc on Wednesday out was 97/68....unless it's now spiked with these swollen feet. I'm not exaggerating about how bad this is. Jason wants me to go to the ER, that's how bad it is. We woke up early to go to Busch Gardens but had to cancel because you're supposed to stay off your feet when they swell. Idk what to do, I know most people would say it's normal in pregnancy, which it is, but I'm telling you, thus sudden onset of badly swollen feet/ankles is NOT normal. :help:

Try lying down and prop your feet up so they're above your head level for at least 30 minutes and see if that helps. Drink more water and see if your salt intake has increased recently. My feet swell if I've eaten too much salt. I would definitely seek medical advice for that sudden swelling! Do you have a nurses help line in your area? BC has one, but it's sponsored by the government...

I tend to over react to everything, but if you're not feeling better in a few hours I'd go to the ER!

I'm a little worried, and Jason is freaking out ( though this being his first child blood related, he worries like a first time father)...but literally out of nowhere my feet have swollen like you wouldn't believe. Last night I noticed my left foot/ankle was swollen, and was surprised cuz with both boys I barely had any swelling while pregnant, and the little I did have didn't start till at least half way thru the 3rd trimester. 20 weeks seems awfully early.

Anyways, so last night I notice my left foot/ankle is pretty swollen, but not bad. I figured by this morning it would be gone. Nope. 20 x's worse and both feet. I looked it up and though I know it's normal, it's NOT normal for them to swell this bad this early. I've checked 5 different sites, and each one said "sudden" swelling is a definite "notify your doctor immediately" well this is definitely sudden. I also read that "normal" swelling gets worse throughout the day, and is usually gone or at least lessened by morning, which is how my other pregnancies were. This morning they are VERY BAD. .. It even hurts to flex my feet, there is so much retention that you can't see my ankles at all and I normally have bony feet and can see my ankles as well as bones/tendons on the top if my feet. Literally my ankle area is the exact same width as the front of my foot, the spot where your foot is the widest. I don't think it's pre-eclampsia, as my blood pressure is never high, in fact at my regular doc on Wednesday out was 97/68....unless it's now spiked with these swollen feet. I'm not exaggerating about how bad this is. Jason wants me to go to the ER, that's how bad it is. We woke up early to go to Busch Gardens but had to cancel because you're supposed to stay off your feet when they swell. Idk what to do, I know most people would say it's normal in pregnancy, which it is, but I'm telling you, thus sudden onset of badly swollen feet/ankles is NOT normal. :help:

Try lying down and prop your feet up so they're above your head level for at least 30 minutes and see if that helps. Drink more water and see if your salt intake has increased recently. My feet swell if I've eaten too much salt. I would definitely seek medical advice for that sudden swelling! Do you have a nurses help line in your area? BC has one, but it's sponsored by the government...
They cut off funding for ask-a-nurse. I drink between 3 - 6 20 oz bottles of water everyday, and I don't eat anything high in sodium, I even checked labels of things I ate yesterday to make sure something wasn't high in sodium that I didn't know about. I even slept with a pillow under my feet last night cuz of my swollen foot - that's why this has me worried. It's so sudden and severe with no apparent cause. I've been looking online to see if there was something I didn't know about that could cause this, but everything says the same basic knowledge stuff: low sodium, lots of water, elevate feet....which I do daily.

My calves and whole leg are swollen on both sides too, I just realized. Wth?
I'm chuggingwater like you wouldn't believe,

do you guys have walk in clinics?? Seriously girl I'd ask a doctor....

I swear I'll drive the 5400km and 48 hours if you don't :p Worried about you girl!!

Angel my doc told me that if I had sudden swelling I should get checked just to be safe. Get checked I hope it is nothing Xxxxxxxxxxxxc

Well despite my long nap yesterday, I got a full night sleep, though it's weird having your feet so elevated, and I was having very intense, very bizarre, dreams. My thighs and calves are less swollen, but still retaining fluid... My feet and ankles are a tiny bit better, but not much, although I can flex my foot without pain - so far. There is still a squishy spot on the top of my foot before my toes. :shrug: idk what to do. Maybe I'll stop at one off the drug stores that had a blood pressure machine a and check my bp - if it's good, I'll probably just wait till tomorrow and call my doc. One worry I have is that they'll think my bp is ok if it's like 136/90, but that would be high for me....too many docs look at over all averages instead of am individual patient. I really hate going to the ER too. It can take forever, and the one by me is notorious for being crappy. At least it hasn't gotten worse...well not since yesterday anyway.

Lol...I don't mean to be, but I guess I am....I can't remember what we were talking about, but I was telling Jason a story like a year ago, and how I didn't want to do what someone said, and he just simply said "that's because you hate being told what to do, no matter how minor a thing it is" I opened my mouth to protest then realized he's right, lol. It's not a conscious thing, I don't think in my head "no! I won't do that just cuz you want me to!"...it's just my natural reaction. My mother was very strict when I was growing up, and I was a good kid, I honestly think it is somehow related to that.

Well my lower leg definitely looks better, it has shape again. Yesterday it looked like a stump. Ankles/feet still bad. I literally used 3 pillows, one of them folded in half to be like 4 pillows, and slept the whole night with my feet up like that. It resulted in lower back pain though, I'm assuming because it was an odd angle, especially being on my side.

Angel I am glad you are better but if something happens again (hooefully not) get yourself checked!

Afm 31 weeks today soo the one digit countdown begins!

Yay confetti, thats an awesome mark to hit, countdown time!!

Angel how are you feeling? I would have for sure got that checked out, hopefully everything is ok!

Star & Pdubbs...anything???

AFM: starting to get heartburn a lot more and these sinuses are awful. I didnt get heartburn until the end with DD but it seems to happen daily with this little guy! 20 week scan exactly one week from today, woohoo almost half way there!

AFM, my legs/ankles/feet are much better. Mildly swollen, , not alarmingly so. I can't believe it took 2 full nights of propping them up, plus keeping off them as much as possible during the day....
The squishy area in front of my toes is probably now only noticeable to me. My appt is tomorrow and I will definitely bring it up! I just want them to really understand how bad it got and for no good reason! And that it's never happened this early in pregnancy, and never this bad at any point. The only exception is after NY first was born, the next morning my entire body swelled, literally had edema from head to toe! Real bad. I asked the nurse if it was normal to swell AFTER birth, and she said it's not common, but it's not unheard of, and cam be caused by a sudden change in hormones (all those pregnancy hormones, plus surging hormones during labor, then a sudden drop, the kidneys can sorta go in to shock or something)
I read hot humid weather doesn't help, so I guess I can blame Florida for the swelling too, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->