Welcome to the Nut Hut!

Wugz you bump reminds me of when I was preg with my son. I was soo skinny and at nine months preg I was like 7 months. You will pop suddenly you just have strobg abs keeping everything in place for now.

Anake tick tock lol
are you going to try natural ways to induce labour?

I will be deff eating a curry on my 38th week plus 2 weeks more and I start the raspberry leaf tea and bding lots and lots lol after 37wks.

Wugz, I totally agree with confetti. Everyone is different, and first pregnancies often take longer. I had a decent bump at about 6 1/2 months, but it looked like the bump I have now, at 5 months. Maybe even a little smaller. There's a pic of me at my baby shower, taken 6 weeks before my soon was born (full term), and if it was someone else i would have thought they were only about six months along instead of 8!

Your bump is so low and central, you're probably going to have that basketball look. Mine is more oval, starts up high.....although that had been the case with both my boys too.

You're totally fine. You had your NT scan remember? They would have told you if bubs was small. Being your first, your uterus isn't as soft and it takes longer to stretch.

AFM, yesterday bubs threw a little showdown. Besides balling up and rolling, I've noticed he usually kicks if I'm leaning back in a.chair and them lean forward too quickly, or if i raise my arms and stretch. Well yesterday I was playing him his daily song list on my belly, sitting low in a chair, and kind of leaning back. I reached forward to grab my water and bam! Big kick in the same exact spot he always kicks! As usual it took me by surprise. Anyways, I stretched and started to lean back and got kicked twice more, followed quickly by 2 punches and what felt like a head bop! It all happened so fast, I was cracking up......I'm now getting kicked almost anytime I go from a lean back to a forward position... :D
I love it though :baby:

Getting some kicks on the regular now! Loving it!

Wugz, I will see if I can scan my 6 months picture on here with my first, I had the smallest bump! I remember at my 20 week scan with her I lifted up my shirt and my tummy was still super flat! You at least have a little bump! And its a cute bump so nothing to worry about! I really popped at 7 months last time so just wait it out, it will come :hugs:

Thank you girls. I love hearing about your first time bumps for comparison!

Angel, you play music for baby too? Hubs thinks I'm crazy but I figured it can't hurt! I've read this stuff about the Motzart Effect... Some good evidence out there!

Thank you girls. I love hearing about your first time bumps for comparison!

Angel, you play music for baby too? Hubs thinks I'm crazy but I figured it can't hurt! I've read this stuff about the Motzart Effect... Some good evidence out there!

Yeah, I actually did it starting around 16 weeks when I read the ears were maturing. I always sang to my boys as babies but never thought about it in utero.
I play a mix of songs I would sing, as well as some instrumental ones, mostly piano, it was a couple weeks ago that I read about a study of classical music and higher IQ, idk about that, but I also read and believe that when born he'll recognize the same songs...they think around wk 30 they are able to memorize the sound... I have a song list from YouTube in my phone that I use. Plus it's relaxing for me too. I like to sing but I am BAD at it...lol

Bubs is a cantaloupe! ;)
Except I feel him, he's still in the exact same position since my 12 week scan. Head on right, feet on left.

Up until the last 2 weeks I had the rope tied around a potatoe sack look. My waist didn't pop out because I was carrying him high. Definitely more rounded now :)

We are overdue for a string of bfp's. It's been just over 3 months

:dust:

Gah - i forgot to update in here the other day when i went and had my first u/s! I managed to get the DR to refer me - just to make sure it wasnt two babies lol

All good news though! I was at 6w2d by ovulation dates - and they said beanie was measuring @ 5w5d but the gestational sac was ahead by a couple of days - so even though they gave me a due date of the 30th of March instead of the 26th I think i will stick to my dates because i am pretty sure that mine are right. And they grow so quickly at this stage that a few mm might be totally changed by next time i get a scan.

Anyway almost forgot to mention the most important part of the scan! We saw the H/B and it was going at 114 BPM - so excited!! Anyway - scan pics are below. So happy!

https://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b540/Suzi_Amnell_Thompson/20130802091738375_zps40f517da.jpghttps://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b540/Suzi_Amnell_Thompson/20130802091620781_zpsd53c911d.jpg

Hope everyone else is well and happy! Anake - i dont think you have long to go either - i would say 2.5 weeks at the most! Angel - LOL@ bub kicking you like that! I cant wait for that with this little one!
Confetti - you are almost 32 weeks now! wow! Going so quickly!
Wugz and Ftmommy - halfway there girls!

I hope there is more BFPs in the near future - then i will have some company at this end of the journey!

Yeah me too...I think he'll be an August baby :D

Got the crib mattress and baby monitor today! We're all ready for baby :D

One hour until my scan :happydance::happydance::happydance:
:pink::blue::pink::blue::pink::blue::pink::blue:?????

More than anything, I just pray little one is normal and healthy!!!!

Yay wugs, good luck!! We got another scan this morning just to "confirm" gender...he is definitely still a boy!! 11 ounces already :) He was moving around like crazy, I would feel him kick as we would see it on the screen SO cool!! That will probably be our last screen for awhile at least for another 10-15 weeks unless we need one for some reason. But he is healthy as he can be, measuring right on track, HB this morning was 150! He melts my heart so much :cloud9:

Attachments

• baby1.jpg
    baby1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 4
  • baby2.jpg
    baby2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2
Tassie & Ft great scans!! Wugz cant wait to see yours. I will have my last scan next week hopefully we can have an approximate weight. I dont think he is very big cause my weight is still the same and my bump seems to be the same also someone wha saw me at the beginning of the preg said that I seem thinner lol. I will post a bump pic soon

Tassie & Ft great scans!! Wugz cant wait to see yours. I will have my last scan next week hopefully we can have an approximate weight. I dont think he is very big cause my weight is still the same and my bump seems to be the same also someone wha saw me at the beginning of the preg said that I seem thinner lol. I will post a bump pic soon
The EXACT same thing happened to me with my youngest. I'm usually on the thin side, but I had randomly gained a lot of weight before getting preggo with my 7 yr old.
I lost weight in the beginning, and by the end I was the exact weight I was before getting preggo...it's like the weight shifts or something. But trust me it doesn't mean bubs is small!
With this little guy I've been going up and down 5 lbs (I guess bloat), yet bump growing, but in the last month I put on about 12 lbs (depending on which weight you go by, since mine was fluctuating) up till now, the rest of me seemed to be shrinking, but now I can tell I've put on weight in my hips and thighs, but not too much...this last week I didn't eat very healthy, I'm now addicted to sour gummy worms, lol. But I got healthier food at the store for this week and plan to go back to how I was eating. I figure one pregnancy week of indulgence isn't so bad.

Yup, it's definitely a boy!

And more importantly, everything is normal!!! :happydance::happydance:

Attachments

• boy.jpg
    boy.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members