Welcome to the Nut Hut!

Ugh! My feet/ankles/legs are swollen again, my left side is really bad. Really really bad! I took a pic, I know you guys don't know what my feet normally look like, but fairly bony ankles are normal for me, the left there is no definition at all, the whole leg is pretty bad!
2013-08-16 15.54.15-1.jpg

If I flex my left foot, there are rolls of fluid, my doc didn't seem too concerned, though at the time of my appt the swelling was minimal, and my blood pressure was "normal" (123/85), but that's actually sorta high for ME....

:help:
I've been lying down with feet raised high, downed some h2o, peed a lot, and it's just not any better! I was really busy yesterday, taking care of my kids school transfers and open houses, etc...ran a lot of errands. Then I worked a 3 1/2 hour shift today, standing the entire time....
But 3 hours if standing shouldn't cause such a severe immediate reaction! Guess I gotta sleep with my feet on 4 pillows again for a few nights.

Anake you made me hungry with all these good recipes. I have a separate chest freezer so I could switch it on and try to prepare some food but I switched it off because of the electricity consumption. I only use the freezer that is below the fridge so it gets full up quite quickly. I will just have to try and buy lots of groceries and toiletries etc so that I do not have to send my hb shopping for anything else than veg and other basics. He would surely b low the budget if left on his own.

Angel I guess as long as your bp is fine doc wont be alarmed. If the swelling increases to you hands than talk to him again.

Afm my lovely blood pressure is down to 100/55 super low even for me. I feel faint all the time and have to rest a lot plus I am trying to eat lots of salty foods. I am worried now that bubs is small and has stopped growing. My fundus has only increased by 2cms in 4 weeks it should be 4 and bubs head according to the us (if I can rely on it) is measuring 31 weeks so it is 2 weeks behind. Weight gain still non existent pffff I have a visit with my doc on Thursday so maybe he will put my mind at rest.

sry for the long post

I bet everything is ok confetti. I know it's hard not to worry though. I know for me in the past, US measurement was NOT accurate, both boys I was told would be small but they were actually big!

How are your feet today Angel?

I'm SO done being pregnant! Just about 38 weeks and I wish everything would just start already!

Ok I've only been off on mat leave for 2 days and I'm bored out of my mind!

How are your feet today Angel?

I'm SO done being pregnant! Just about 38 weeks and I wish everything would just start already!

Well I slept last night with my feet up on 4 pillows, just like before....drank a bunch of water last night, even more today, about 120 oz so far, maybe a little more....
They are better, mostly my right, the left went from "hideous" to "whoa that is seriously swollen!"

However, yesterday my left foot looked exactly like a Fred Flintstone foot, perfect rectangle, just as wide at the heel/ankle as at the end with my toes . .today there's a bit more definition. I got my schedule for next week and they have me working 5 days, 4 of which are in a row! When my medical leave was over, I gave them a note staying i can only work 20 hours, and no more than 2 days in a row. Since I have a government disability case, I literally can't work more than 20 hours! After seeing what one shift did to my feet yesterday, I can't even imagine what would happen if I worked 4 in a row! I have to stand the entire time! I'm SUPPOSED to sit down for 15 minutes every 2 hours, but that rarely happens. My preggo manager went on her maternity leave last week, she did my schedule, now there's a new guy, but her and I wrote up a thing for him since he doesn't know me or my conditions. I'm on light duty cuz of my knee, pregnant or not....they can't go against a doctor order, and they can't hold it against me either. It's illegal. Just sucks that my first "talk" with a new manager is basically going to sound like I'm whining, but I'm not of course......I just don't want him to take it wrong. Or holds it against me after the baby is born and I have my knee surgery - I eventually want my old schedule back, but that's still a long way from happening, at least 8 more months. Actually, I can't even have that cuz of the
disability case, but I want close to my old schedule. Sigh. Plus kids start school Monday, next week is gonna be busy enough!

Oh and Rose, EVERY preggo feels that way around 38 weeks! First of all, you know at this point he's considered full term, and you're just over it - that's why I started bouncing up and down the stairs with my first lol,, I was SO done! With my youngest it wasn't as bad for some reason...probably because I was terrified of labor. Plus they changed my due date like 3 times with that pregnancy...he embed up being born 6 days before the original (and accurate) due date... With each of mine, I've known the EXACT day of conception, the only possibility being one day off if i happened to ovulate one day AFTER the o symptoms...

hehe...I know I sound like I'm complaining...

TMI alert...you know when you're done being pregnant when you can't reach down to wipe properly because the tummy is in the way!! :haha:

No sign of my plug yet :nope:

hehe...I know I sound like I'm complaining...

TMI alert...you know when you're done being pregnant when you can't reach down to wipe properly because the tummy is in the way!! :haha:

No sign of my plug yet :nope:

Hang in there! You don't sound like a complainer ! You sound like any other preggo at 38 eels! Can't blame ya! Those last 4-6 weeks are pretty rough!

:) thanks

He's been moving around a LOT tonight. My stomach is jumping around and now he has mega hiccups :)

I woke up this morning with bubs moving like crazy. He has been most mornings for the past week.

Guess I have to change my guess date! Come on 24th!
I bet within about 24 hours of your OB appt, it will happen. Doc will probably "check" you, and just might get the ball rolling! :D
:baby:

Anyone hear from tassie??

I'm here! Have been really sick :( Had the flu for the fourth time since i got pg - and then i got hit with a massive migraine on the weekend too! Thank God i can take codalgin forte still! (Panadol and codeine not sure what its known as in the US)
Waiting and waiting for my OB appointment, the 3rd of September seems too far away :( Have been investigating getting a doppler - i was hoping they hire them out at my local hospital here - but i wont hold out much hope. I think i will have to buy one off Ebay - which will take ages to get here. Its so hard in the beginning when you still don't have a bump and baby is too small to feel movement... Seems like i am just fat and there is nothing going on!! DF tells me not to stress - but its so hard not to!! Still two weeks and a day until my appointment and i don't wanna wait!

Anake- hoping you go in soon! I remember what its like to be that pregnant! It sucks - and you are just totally ready for it to be over!! My advice - sleep! Because its the only time you will get any!! lol You are so organised with the meals! I have trouble deciding what we are going to eat from day to day - let alone pre cooking things!

Confetti and Angel - Loving the bump pics! Cant wait until i have one!! Angel - your feet do look swollen! Hope you are taking it as easy as you can! And Confetti - hope they are monitoring your blood pressure - remember babies growth starts to slow down soon - all of mine did around 33-34 weeks, and then had another growth spurt around 35-36 weeks...

FTmommy - my DD12 was breech right up until 25 weeks and i was in the hugest amount of pain one night when she turned around... try not to stress about it - they do get themselves into a good position eventually.

Hope i didnt miss anyone! Sending all you girls that are TTC heaps of *baby dust*!!

Good to hear from you Tassie!!

Nothing yet on my end...I'm getting people telling me all the home remedies on how to induce labour. He's obviously not ready yet.

I'm not too big a believer in the home remedies....they fail more often than not, and on the few occasions they "work" its usually like the tenth time the person tried it- more of a coincidence! When he's ready, he'll come, like you said! On the other hand, I DO think home remedies help if you've at least started labor - for example, you can be 1 1/2 or 2.cm dilated for a couple days-in those situations, I do think home remedies may speed it up. But otherwise, what you do or eat isn't going to suddenly start the necessary chain of hormone reactions. If so, people could induce themselves whenever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->