Welcome to the Nut Hut!

Oh Anake! I wish bub would hurry up for you!

Angel - OMG your feet and legs are bad!! Poor darling... I think you need to go see the doc about it! (sorry if you have already been and i missed it)

FTmommy - i love the idea of a diaper party! We call them nappies here in Australia - but that is an awesome idea!!

Pdubs! Good to see you hun xx

Wugz - cant wait to see pics of the nursery!

AFM - 9 weeks by my calculations today, and so nervous! I am in a couple of DIG groups on Facebook and there have been so many losses :( I still have another nearly two weeks until i go to the OB - and its so hard to wait!! Just so nervous something will be wrong.
And DF and i had a discussion/kind of argument last night about what happens if the baby has Downs Syndrome. We are both kind of nervous as the risk is so much higher than it was with the others, and he wants to terminate if it does. I honestly don't know if i can. I got pissed at him and told him i would leave him if he tried to force me to do it and have the baby and not put his name on the birth certificate.
I think it all stems from the fact that he is on disability benefits permanently because he has learning problems ( he has a very low IQ) and i think he is scared that the baby is going to end up like him - and he doesn't want that. I just don't know if i will be able to terminate. One more thing to worry about and another reason to not get too attached to this bub until that test is done i guess. *sigh*

Aww, tassie, so sorry! I've seen threads with those topics, and I'd hate to be in that position....
We had a similar talk before I got pregnant, we decided (more me, but he did agree) that downs would be hard, but acceptable. Its a personal choice for sure. And usually a touchy subject, I know. Maybe if he knew more about it- his IQ has NOTHING to do with the odds of a downs baby. Its a trisomy, maybe he doesn't realize that. I had to explain the whole trisomy thing to hubs. My "general" risk, at 33, put me in a bracket like 1:800 I believe, but my NT scan/bloodwork showed I had LESS than 1:10,000! So don't let age scare you too bad. There are more and more babies being born to women around age 40 or more all the time. Are you going to get amnio or cvs testing? Or just wait and see what the NT scan shows? Remember too that 95% of "positives" on soft markers on that scan turn out to be false positives. :hugs: I'll be keeping you in my thoughts anyways, just for your peace of mind :)

Who is getting a 3D//4D scan done for "baby's first pic"?
I will, but not sure when. Originally I figured 34 weeks, but one tech said 28-32, because 34 means bigger, which means more likely to have a good portion of his face hidden. I'm wondering how "full" his face will be at 28?
Cuz now I'm getting excited! :D

Had my first round of Braxton Hicks today. Around 530 am, which sorta sucked. Took awhile to fall back asleep, then I was up around 745 to help my son with his bus stop, and bubs was going bonkers! Strongest kicks/movement yet! I had a semi loose t shirt on that I had slept in, and my shirt was bouncing around like crazy!! It was so funny :)

Hmm I cant mention 3d scan without feeling irrirated lol.

Tassie here we do not have the choice of terminating a preg. Me and my hb decided that we wanted a baby so whatever comes will be welcome and loved. Obviously everyone wants a 100% healthy baby so if something should happen the shock still would be there.

Welcome back P dubs.

Wugz busy days ahead for u dont be missing for too long you know we worry about our nutters.

Anake I searched on youtube ways to induce labour there was one dancing madly to the song 'push it' it was hilarious !

Hahaha Confetti thats hilarious, push it!!

Tassie- Im sorry, that is such a tough topic! Hopefully you guys have nothing to worry about!

Angel- I have my appointment set already for my 3d/4d at 32 weeks! I knew setting the appointment early would leave me something to count down to!

Tassie, :hugs: Hopefully you have nothing to worry about. I did the blood tests for Downs because I wanted peace of mind, but there was nothing. Your bubs will be just fine. :)

Lost part of my plug this morning (I think)...Yellowish and snot-like. We'll see if I get more through the day. Here's hoping that things are starting finally!

Yea Rose! :happydance: that's definitely a start! Was it a decent amount? When you lose all or a real good size amount, there will be a little blood, but that's definitely a part of it, if it was thinner it was probably the outside layer, but bubs is probably putting pressure down on it, which is progress!
Keep us updated! No going into labor and us not hearing anything till bubs is born! ;)

34 week apt ready after nearly collapsing at the docs today. I was just hoping for baby to move down and give me some space to breath but doc told me sometimes 2nd babies engage the last minute during labor grrrrrr. He scheduled a free US for tomm after the horrible 3d story.

Anake any news?!

Still pregnant. I feel better than I did yesterday. All I wanted to do is curl up and cry all day. Haven't seen any more signs of losing my plug, but I did go pee last night like 8 times so I don't know.

I'm running out of things to do around the house (other than clean up after myself). There's only so many times you can organize the baby's room!

In the very early stages of labor with my second, I literally was peeing like 3 times an hour. In the 45 minutes that I went from 3cm to 9 1/2 , I peed like 6 times! Crazy!

Woot! Scored a huge bag of 6-12m clothes and a baby bouncer for $25. Giving the bouncer to one of the grandma's for their house.

Had my scan today thanks God baby is growing ok. The other measurements that witch did in the 3dscan were wrong. Baby is approx 2.4kilos so he will be small but compact just like his big bro was.

Happy to hear confetti!

Anake, I wake up every morning and hop on here to hear any news!! Its going to be here any minute!!

FTMommy...I HOPE SO!! He's become a little practical joker. I had three really strong cramping sessions last night and I thought this was it...then he moved and it went away...guess he was just pushing wrong on a muscle or nerve :shrug:

My foot is almost totally numb this morning...he must be pressing on the nerve my bulged disc presses on most of the time. Feels weird like I'm walking on a stump, but I've gotten used to it.

Weather is sure eerie out there today. Not raining, but it's really dark out, almost like the sky is full of smoke. Feels like it did 10 years ago when we had our huge firestorm that took out 236 houses :(

Great news confetti! I figured it was a tech error - like I said, both my boys supposedly "measured" small and both were over 8 lbs! One 20" one 21"...totally normal. Honestly, at the end, measuring can't be very accurate, they are curled up in there.

I've been feeling so full and uncomfortable lately. I don't recall feeling like this till third tri.
Yesterday all I ate was a pop tart, at like 1140 pm, when I realized I hadn't eaten yet...I want even hungry, he must be really pushing on my stomach or something.

I definitely thought you would have gone in by now Anake!

Angel - i feel that way now. Three bites of food and i am full. Took me an hour to eat tea tonight!

Confetti - so glad bub is growing well, all mine were small, good things come in small packages.

AFM - nothing much going on here - no bump although a heap of other ladies in my DIG have big tummies :( Still stressing and cant wait for my OB appointment - A week and a half to go, counting down the days! I am so nervous about this bub for so many reasons. Thanks for all the support about the downs syndrome issue too - just hoping its a bridge i don't have to cross any time soon :(

Omg tmi ahead.

Today I have been to the toilet for a poo 4 times until now and it was normal but now my behind is a bit uncomfortable. My body is like on a mission to clean itself. Lots of ladies have this before labour but I hope it is not my time yet.

Sigh...I have a little practical joker on my hands here! Started to get what I thought were contractions last night and they got to around 8 min apart and then it just stopped. Oh this is getting frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->