Welcome to the Nut Hut!

Oh and Nazz, too much can be indicative of a problem too, usually a molar pregnancy. With my MC my hcg was through the roof, but it wasn't molar, so I guess it can signify other issues as well...but the range of "normal" is very wide...I know how hard it is not to worry, believe me, but I really think everything is gonna be great.

Do you feel any symptoms yet? Just curious. I know for me it was mostly fatigue, and loss of appetite, though I wasn't rally getting sick, other than a couple times. Though I read somewhere that usually morning sickness gets lighter with subsequent pregnancies anyways. Actually, I'm still not eating all that much. I don't have room and get full quickly.

Sorry if I missed you saying it, but are you seeing a different doc this time?

Well she said on the phone that rising too quickly could also mean ectopic. I'm still going to the same doctor until I feel like everything is okay and then I'm switching over to a midwife because I want to do a natural water birth... plus I love the idea of midwives so much better than hospitals and doctors anyways. The midwifery is also about 10 mins from a hospital so if anything goes wrong they can quickly get you over there.

Yes I'm having some symptoms, the first one I noticed and still isn't going away is peeing all the time, then fatigue- I have to nap at least once a day lately, I'm always hungry, but sometimes just nothing sounds good to me. I can smell everything, which I hate. For a few days my gums were bleeding when I brushed, but that's gone now. Oh and my boobs finally got sore a couple days before I tested and they are only getting worse. Lower back hurts sometimes, but idk if that's just from bad posture.

IDK how many DPO I am either... I think I O'd one of the two days we BD during fertile window and I'm thinking probably the ladder of the two since my test was so light, but I'm really not sure. What's weird is after that BD I also had crazy cramping right after.

I never got the HCG numbers you guys are getting with your tests. They just told me everything looked fine.

Cramping after sex is totally normal!!

I can't believe my baby is going to be a month old on Sunday!!

I've had to go through all of Evan's clothes and take out a lot of the 0-3 stuff because he just doesn't fit into them anymore.

Last night was rough :cry: Little guy is in some pretty good discomfort because he had a circ on Monday morning.

I can't believe he's already outgrown 0-3! And hey at least he's getting his circ now and not when he's old enough to REALLY feel it lol.

Last time they only gave me the quantitative test because I told them about how I had a tiny bit of blood (which I'm sure was implantation bleeding, but they were still concerned enough) and this time they did it for obvious reasons. If it is another ectopic I think they want to catch it early enough for me to be able to just get the methotrexate shot instead finding out way late like last time and having to do surgery.

Nazz your nums are great. I know that you will still be worried till your first scan but try and relax stress is no good for you.

Angel I too had bad heartburn I used to take Rennies they did wonders.

Wugz bubs heartbeat varies even with your position.

Afm I am trying to juggle everything. It seems tha day is going by so fast. I have read that babied reach their peak crying period at 6-8 weeks pffff hope it subsides a bit soon lol.

Thanks confetti. Some websites are saying 110-160 is normal so I guess 108 isn't far off. I justs usually hear 120-160 so I freaked!

Ah yes, the smells. My sense of smell had been borderline super human, lol. It's actually just strong now, but till about 4 weeks ago it was REAL strong.

Thanks confetti. Some websites are saying 110-160 is normal so I guess 108 isn't far off. I justs usually hear 120-160 so I freaked!

Is your pulse ever over 108? I was just thinking they might have picked up your pulse, especially if over the placenta, or near the pointy crest of your pelvis- 2 major arteries run there. I have a fast pulse. So far bubs has been 150 piety much since 15 weeks (so much for that heart beat theory, lol)

Plus if he was sleeping at first, that naturally lowers his hb. My lil guy likes to move around, which used to give them a rough time, but now that he's bigger they find his hb quickly :)

That's what was happening to me when I was in labour. They kept picking up my heart beat from the position of my placenta. Made it difficult to keep track of his heart beat. Wasn't until the morning nurse put the internal heart monitor on his head that they realized he was in distress!

Peadiatrician came to visit Nick today. Everything is looking fine and he also prescribed buscopan tablets for me to take so that they may pass through my milk to help his gas problem. Maybe this will help I hope.

Bubs was quite the jumping bean when I woke up this morning!, he really goes buck wild when I first wake up! I kinda like it though, so I just lay there for like 15 minutes watching my belly jump lol...till I have to pee so bad I can't take it...
He calms down as soon as I move around. Yesterday he was all about the bladder. No lie, I peed 20 times between 10am and 1230...several tines I would pee and turn around and go pee again, less than a minute later!

Good news! Got my labs back and my HCG yesterday was in the 400s (I don't remember the exact number because I was way too excited)! So it more than doubled in under 48 hours! I think it was like 45 hours or so! So I have my first scan on the 21st! I keep feeling like AF is coming though, like just that heavy feeling in your uterus you know? So I hope that is normal and I don't start bleeding or anything. idk what I'm going to do with myself for the next 2 and a half weeks! I'm gonna go nuts wondering if everything is ok!

Good news! Got my labs back and my HCG yesterday was in the 400s (I don't remember the exact number because I was way too excited)! So it more than doubled in under 48 hours! I think it was like 45 hours or so! So I have my first scan on the 21st! I keep feeling like AF is coming though, like just that heavy feeling in your uterus you know? So I hope that is normal and I don't start bleeding or anything. idk what I'm going to do with myself for the next 2 and a half weeks! I'm gonna go nuts wondering if everything is ok!

:dance: that's great nazz! That heavy feeling is totally normal # I kept feeling like my uterus was gonna fall out. With my youngest (who was a surprise btw) I had serious cramping, which I figured were just bad PMS cramps, until Af never showed! But this time around I was a little crampy, but mostly "full". I really think you're gonna be fine! :D

That's wonderful Nazz! Sounds like this is going to be a totally normal pregnancy! Yay!!!!

Question to moms - when do kids start to go see the dentist? We're trying to figure out who's insurance baby is going to have, and DH brought up dental insurance. I googled it, and of course some dental website recommends the dentist with the first tooth... that seems a little crazy to me, right? I mean, can't the pediatrician take a look in there and see everything is normal without me having to pay for a dentist to do it? $$$$$

That's wonderful Nazz! Sounds like this is going to be a totally normal pregnancy! Yay!!!!

Question to moms - when do kids start to go see the dentist? We're trying to figure out who's insurance baby is going to have, and DH brought up dental insurance. I googled it, and of course some dental website recommends the dentist with the first tooth... that seems a little crazy to me, right? I mean, can't the pediatrician take a look in there and see everything is normal without me having to pay for a dentist to do it? $$$$$
I've seen articles say within 6 months of first tooth or one year old, whichever comes first...but in reality I think most people wait till age 2-4. As long as everything is normal I mean. My oldest was 4. For some reason I don't remember my youngest....weird....but he was a little younger, he has a very slight under bite, it's only noticeable when he smiles big. I did when I was little too. It's so slight we're waiting till he gets more adult teeth to see if anything even needs to be done. Both my boys had their adult teeth come in crooked at first, I was terrified, but apparently their father's teeth started like that and fixed themselves...sure enough, so did theirs...so far anyways. My 7 year old has only lost a total if 4 teeth do far....he also got his teeth later, first one at like 7 months...my oldest had his first tooth at 3 months, and had all his baby teeth by his first birthday, including 2 yr old molars!

I always thought it was a year. I swear I'm going to be a horrible example to my son when it comes to the dentist. I have SEVERE dental anxiety when it comes to anything other than a cleaning. I'll never go without dental again. I had to pay $1400 to get 14 fillings done once because my previous dentist botched the sealers he put in my molars to prevent cavities. I just don't freeze well with dental freezing so that's why. Although after going through the pain of having my son, maybe the dentist won't be such a big deal anymore.

Whew wee....had my first glass of wine since Christmas Day 2012 and man am I feeling it! Going to regret this in the morning :drunk:

My MIL and SIL came by today and basically woke Evan up, got him all riled up and then left. It's really starting to piss me off!! Poor baby is so over stimulated right now. Michael has been trying to get him to sleep for the last 2 hours. I told him, his family riled him up, he gets to deal with him.

You should try to set firm ground rules, but you need your hubs to be fully on board. Like setting pre arranged visiting hours...you can still be tactful...tell her that you're really happy she's exited about her grandson and that you want them to be close, but that even the pediatrician said starting a structured schedule early will have a lot if benefits for Evan...make the schedule seem like a doctor recommendation while complimenting and assuring her...then maybe start sending her tons of pics and get some "grandma's boy" outfits yo wear when she's around, to make sure her confidence stays up....just some advice from having to deal with MY mom, lol...if you don't set criteria now it will only get worse...I know cuz my parents live 15 minutes away, and though they "usually" call first, it tens to be while on the way over :wacko:

I would just play up the doc/schedule thing while inviting her to come at other times. It's a starting point at least.

Oh, and, jealous! Not to sound like a lush, but I can't wait to have that first night out, after Triston is born and get drunk, lol. Perfect timing cuz he'll be here just before my bday :)

I miss my daily glass of wine! That was my wind-down "me time" after everyone was asleep!

Today when he was pushing outward really hard, and I can feel his head and rump at the same time (still transverse,yea!) I held up thus little newborn size sleeper my mom got for him, and it lined up PERFECTLY. REALLY thinking this is a big boy!! Even my mother felt my belly and was like whoa, he feels big! Tell me about it! I got 10 weeks left and I look like I could go any day! Or 2 weeks Mac! Lol! Obviously I don't want that to happen as he's too young. Just saying size wise compared to my other 2, and docs measurements, I'm thinking, yowza! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->