• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Welcome to the Nut Hut!

His name! All the men in my husbands family have the same initials with the same middle and last night and just different first names, my husband is Benjamin Lee Kinkaid and we are naming the baby Braxton Lee Kinkaid :thumbup:

Very nice name....unique and different, yet strong!

hey chicas, I got my ultrasound yesterday and it was awesome! Heart rate at 148 and it looks like a little shrimp lol. They told me I'm not getting another scan until 20 weeks though, that's in so long, but I guess by then I'll be going to my midwife anyways. I have another appointment in 2 weeks for some kind of blood tests and stuff and then I'm switching.

Unfortunately I just found out that one of OHs cousins just got engaged and they are planning the wedding for May which is when I wanted to do ours. :growlmad: Sucks, it was perfect because it would have been after I graduate and before baby is due. I don't mind getting married pregnant, but I would mind getting married after because I don't want to look all frumpy and flabby lol. I'm trying to figure out now if we can bump it up to like March or something. I wouldn't want to do it in April because ALL of my siblings birthdays are in April and I don't want to steal that month from them. Or maybe I will just say screw it and wait another 5 years to get married haha I'm so sick of it all.

I want to start buying baby stuff already because I'm crazy, but I guess I should wait lol. And I am also realizing it is going to be very hard if OH really doesn't want us to find out the sex. IDK about you guys, but the stores around here DO NOT have unisex clothing except for your regular old white plain onesies. I guess I could buy stuff for both sexes and then return whichever ones after, but that just seems ridiculous.

Oh and Tassie I can't believe you're having a boy too! All boys in here it is pretty nuts! Maybe I'll be the one to break the spell...

Moms - were any of you super overdue for your first baby? I feel like everyone I know is overdue! A coworker is being induced, a family member is being induced... don't any of these babies come on their own!?

And its seems like there are a million threads on here about overdue babies. Am I crazy to think that baby will actually be here around my due date?

Wugz, my oldest was born 1 day past his "initial" due date (which because I knew I o'd one of 2 days, I know was the correct date)
At the scan I had around 16 weeks he measured 2 full weeks behind, but I knew that couldn't be right, they moved his due date, but as he was 8lb1oz, I'm thinking the first due date was definitely accurate! My youngest was born one week early, which is still considered full term.

I was born over 2 weeks past my due date, my mom told me...back then they didn't induce if baby was ok.

So my doc is gonna "try" to get creative with codes to try to get me approved for a c section...of course if this guy stays transverse, then it won't be a problem. Lol. I have to wait 3 more weeks before he checks that though.

I'm still really struggling with hormones. I'm always anxious, or depressed, or both...I don't feel like myself. I'm really sensitive for one thing. I've talked to my doc and he said he can put me on effexor, but I don't want to be on any more meds if I can help it, plus it would take about 2 weeks to actually start working, so what's the point? I told him I will just deal with it, but I've been reading a lot and depression in pregnancy can be a huge risk factor for post partem depression, which I experienced mildly with my youngest. :shrug:

Hopefully my body will just right itself.

Wugz, my first was born exactly one week early :thumbup: So im HOPING this one may come a little early too!

Hi Wugz!. sry I have been mia lately. Nick wants to be held nearly all day. He still has gas probs so he only sleeps on my chest at night. Hopefully it will get better soon my other son was like that and at 3 months gas disappeared and poof I had a lovely new baby.

Cant wait to see pics of the new babies soon!!

Hi Wugz!. sry I have been mia lately. Nick wants to be held nearly all day. He still has gas probs so he only sleeps on my chest at night. Hopefully it will get better soon my other son was like that and at 3 months gas disappeared and poof I had a lovely new baby.

Cant wait to see pics of the new babies soon!!

Everyone seemed to have left the thread for a few days! Can't believe it's Halloween already! I'm SO not ready! I'm a natural procrastinator, and I haven't gotten Amy candy yet, and my youngest just wants to be a "zombie vampire" (who knows?) :haha:, last year he was a zombie, this year he said he wants the same costume but add fake blood to his face. I still have to buy that. Between this never ending cold and total lack of energy, this holiday snuck up on me! I have a feeling sometime soon I'll be "nesting"...at first I would look at the baby stuff and feel REALLY overwhelmed, now I'm starting to get ideas...finally started and almost finished thank you notes. I warned Jason that one day I'm going to suddenly want to do everything, lol. As of now, clothes are organized by size and type, though they are in my closet. I have an organizer thingy with fabric bins that needs to be put together-for his clothes, and them I'm using storage cubes with neat dividers for baby products.
Wugz- didn't you just have your shower? How was it?! Ft mommy, are you having one? I didn't with my second, but pretty much was given everything I needed anyways....I know done people say it's tacky to do one with your second, or third, etc- but what if it's been years (like me) or a different sex, (like you)? Obviously you'll need stuff! We needed EVERYTHING! Plus this is the first grand child/nephew for Jason's family, so I was getting a shower regardless, lol! They are being do great and making me feel really special, Jason is the oldest of five siblings, and he is 37, so his mom has been DYING for a grand child, She does treat my boys like grand kids though, and like Jason has known my youngest since he was about 15 months old - but I'm sure it's a little different knowing there's a blood tie and getting to hold them when they are born. Even MY mom is getting excited, which idk if any of you recall, but my parents were like the last to know, because my mom didn't think I should have any more kids, especially considering all the MC's, and the extremely difficult delivery if my youngest, and some of my health issues...but I had told Jay she would come around, and she definitely has! She talks to my belly and calls me after my doc appt's :)

Sorry for all the "typos", I'm too lazy to fix every auto correct my phone makes, lol!

Nazz- do you plan on getting a private scan done? It's not ad expensive as I had thought, a lot if places have packages under a hundred bucks, and you can find out the gender earlier! Also, you should tell your doc you want an NT scan, which had to be done between 11-13 weeks (12 weeks is recommended), that was my favorite scan! Bean will actually look like a little baby, and move SO much, it's really awesome! But the medical point of it is to check for soft markers for down syndrome and other trisomy problems. Some docs automatically order it, some only do for higher risk groups (family history, maternal age, etc) - but if you ask, your doc will order one for you. I highly recommend it. Plus you can ask the tech for a nub shot and we can maybe determine the sex based on the "angle if the dangle" theory! It's super accurate- IF you get the correct shot, and is most accurate at 12 weeks. Either way, you wouldn't have to wait so long to see your bean again! I haven't seen mine since 18wk6days! Trying to find time to get a 4D scan done, but one of our cars is STILL in the shop, and Jason has an intense work schedule right now, but obviously wants to be able to go as well. Plus we get a discount from either place I had my 2 private scams done, as a return customer. I liked the second place w went much better! They give you a TON of pics, plus a DVD of the session, another disc with like a hundred still shots, a gift bag...and more depending on the package you buy. They even have these cute teddy bears that they record your baby's heart rate and insert it in the bear, so when you press it, it plays your baby's heart beat! We didn't get one, but I think it's pretty cool!

Anyone else think the babies in the tickers look sorta creepy at this stage?(32+ weeks) something about the head...

Yup I had a baby shower this past Sunday! One more co-workers shower next week and then we're on our own for baby stuff! I think we have most of the essentials now. The only "big" thing we haven't gotten yet is a pack-n-play. I don't really know what its for exactly... I plan on having him in his crib from day 1 (out bedroom is to tight for a bassinet) but after my maternity leave I guess I can keep it at my mom's house while she watches him. I've got so many gadgets to put him in to keep him occupied, I guess I don't know when I'd put him in a pack-n-play? Any advice, moms?

A good friend of mine just delivered this Sunday and we're going for a visit this weekend to meet the little guy! I'm so jealous, I want one of my own!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:xmas9: We're almost there!

Yes we had a "sprinkle" last weekend, just something small with friends and family since we didnt have a lot of boy stuff. We got a lot of clothes and pretty much everything we need. I am totally already in the nesting stage although it may just be part of my personality too :haha: but all the babys clothes are in the closet hanging in order his room is all done and put together and we are ready for baby! I cant believe only a few more weeks until and we could start seeing some new babies around here...cant wait!!

My doc actually asked if I want the scan for the downs and all that stuff, and I didn't really know what was going on... so she told me I didn't really need it so I didn't take up the offer. I know it is more for people with a history and if you're over 35 so I didn't really see the point. But a 20 week scan will only be 2 and a half months away which isn't so bad... I guess if I get antsy I can do a private scan earlier.

I'm getting bored over here waiting for the first tri to be over lol, I'm always soooo tired and it's getting old! Plus I can't wait for the miscarriage worries to go away at 12 weeks. I know I already saw the HB which reduces MC chance, but still...

OH YEAH so I was at the elementary school teaching yesterday and one of my 3rd graders asked if I'm having a baby... I was like "how did you know?" and she goes, "I don't know!" and then this boy goes "Your belly!" and they all were asking me if its a boy or a girl lol... but I came to the conclusion that I need to start wearing some looser clothing. I know children are more observant than adults which is why they noticed and no adults have, but I guess I'll be really showing in a few weeks. I've told my sister that I'm pregnant, and OH's family, but nobody else knows. My sister thinks I should wait until after the holidays to tell my parents because they own a business and they are going to be very busy all through out the holidays so we don't want them worrying about that too. I'm going home during Thanksgiving break which is right when I'll be reaching the 2nd tri so I definitely need to wear some loose clothing and hope nobody questions why I'm not drinking or wearing my regular tight shirts lmao.

Ft and wugz: are you guys having Braxton Hicks? I've only had 3 occurrences so far, 2 of which only lasted about 20 minutes total, and one for an hour....one of the shorter ones I'm not even sure if it was Braxton Hicks or a stomach cramp, from needing to use the bathroom! :haha:

I thought I had a lot more of them with my other 2, but maybe it was a little later on? Not sure....

Rose/confetti: do you remember when/how often yours were?

No Braxton Hicks for me! Or maybe I just don't know what to look for?

No Braxton Hicks for me! Or maybe I just don't know what to look for?

Nah, you'd know. They're "practice" contractions. Sorta like menstrual cramps. The further along you are, the more they intensify. For some reason I thought I'd be feeling more of them. But I don't recall for sure when they really started with my others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->