• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Welcome to the Nut Hut!

I hear ya Angel I want another scan too! FT Mommy sounds like you've got a healthy guy in there! That's good! I don't think the doctor's will have any reason to give me another scan before birth. I'm measuring right on target, no concerns... of course I'm thankful for that but I would LOVE another scan! I swear every preggo I know is having scans all through the third trimester, I feel like my Doctor is stingy! Let's check on this baby's size or SOMETHING!!!!!

So I am having trouble finding places to put everything. I am OCD about clutter and having stuff out. I like everything hidden away somewhere until I need it. What do I do with this swing, bouncer, gym, bumbo seat, highchair, ahhhhhh!!!! Where does it all go???

I hear ya Angel I want another scan too! FT Mommy sounds like you've got a healthy guy in there! That's good! I don't think the doctor's will have any reason to give me another scan before birth. I'm measuring right on target, no concerns... of course I'm thankful for that but I would LOVE another scan! I swear every preggo I know is having scans all through the third trimester, I feel like my Doctor is stingy! Let's check on this baby's size or SOMETHING!!!!!

So I am having trouble finding places to put everything. I am OCD about clutter and having stuff out. I like everything hidden away somewhere until I need it. What do I do with this swing, bouncer, gym, bumbo seat, highchair, ahhhhhh!!!! Where does it all go???

You'll eventually accept that there just actually isn't a place for everything afterall, lol. Some of the stuff you aren't gonna use for awhile, like the high chair, etc, you can put in the garage/attic/etc....the swing and gym will probably get moved around from room to room. Jason is OCD about stuff too...I'm in the middle...not a slob, not a neat freak - though there are SOME things I get anal about :haha: like back when I used to bartend, I always had everything set up "just so", and on busier nights with multiple bartenders I was constantly going behind the others and fixing their mess, lol. Honestly though, once he's old enough to really play, you're gonna have a hard time keeping things perfectly neat. Just doesn't happen.

Hey chicas, glad everyone is ok. Evan is so cute lol.

Angel i get costochondritis sometimes, i had it really bad when i was 18, but i dont think that is what youre talking about... not sure, but if it is the same or similar i know how much it sucks! I went to the hospital once for it because i actually thought i was dying.

So i had a doc appointment today and OH and i decided we are going to do the 12 week scan for all the genetic whatsits. Ilim actually kind of nervous about it but i know i shouldnt be. I heard the heartbeat today with the doppler so that was pretty cool! It was 166, but i think last time it was like 150ish? Do you think that is bad?

Nazz my baby's heartbeat usually ranges from 138-150. It's been as low as 110 and as high as 160! A range is a good thing, it means he responds to increasing activity well... or something like that! Sometimes they'll catch him while he's sleeping and its super low, and then the pushing will wake him and BAM is shoots up like a rocket.

If its continues to stay up near those 160's, I'm guessing girl for Nazz!!!:pink:

I did hear that higher hearbeat means girl wives tale :) it would be nice to have a girl baby in the family since OHs sister already has a boy, but I really don't care either way since I want both at some point.

We already have first names down: Finn for a boy and Fey for a girl. We want to go with Irish first names since he is of Irish bloodline and then Hebrew middle names since I am Jewish and Israeli and most of my family have Hebrew names. I'm thinking middle name Hanna or Anna for a girl that way she would kind of have both of my grandmothers names (one was named Felicia so Fey could be short for that sorta and then the other is named Hanna, but everyone calls her Annie). Haven't decided on a Hebrew boy name yet though... Maybe Samuel for my grandpa, but that is my brothers middle name too. But do you guys like Hanna or Anna better for a middle name for a Fey?

Cute names Nazz!

I do love having extra scans but it does worry me, with excess fluid there is just so much that could do wrong and then there is nothing that could go wrong. Its just worrysome. My next scan is in 2 weeks so Im hoping they have more answers. Google is not my friend right now :cry:

oooh I like Fey Hanna...They sound similar, but the extra H sound makes it sound softer :)

I just watched a YouTube video of a c section for breech baby (cuz my bf told me not to, it got me curious, lol) - they really had to yank that baby out! It only reinforced my desire for a c-section! Seeing the difficulty required for cesarean, it makes the whole coming out the hoo-ha that much worse IMO!

Yeah my OHs sisters baby daddy told us about when he was watching her C section and he said they took all her organs out that were in the way, put them on a table, yanked out the baby, and shoved all her organs back in. Doesnt sound fun, but it is better than vaginally having a breeched baby.

getting another 4d ultrasound today :blush: I couldnt resist they were offering a HALF OFF special today!!

Yeah my OHs sisters baby daddy told us about when he was watching her C section and he said they took all her organs out that were in the way, put them on a table, yanked out the baby, and shoved all her organs back in. Doesnt sound fun, but it is better than vaginally having a breeched baby.

Yeah it's no wonder people are sore after surgery! A loooong time ago I participated in this "vet for a day" thing at an animal hospital, and I witnessed a neuter and a spay. The neuter is very straightforward, obviously, but I was amazed at the spay - they were so rough! The vet literally pulled out the intestines and whatnot and just plopped them on the table, cut and clamped off the tubes, then just sorta stuffed everything back in. The cat's body was being jostled around from the sheer roughness of the taking out/putting in organs...I mean obviously I know they don't feel it under anesthesia, but I wonder ifthey were a bit more gentle about it if the post surgical pain would be a little less...I guess after years of doing it they just do things quicker and realize that they aren't "actually" hurting them....

Yea ft! :happydance:
I've had so mulch going on, I haven't booked one but I REALLY want to! I know next Wednesday I'm getting a quick position check scan at the doc , but obviously it's not the same! Idk if I should really spend the extra $100 for a private one for the third time though...can't wait to see your pics!!!

Oh, and PLEASE everyone- keep fingers and toes crossed that my little guy remains transverse till next Wednesday so I KNOW I'm getting a c-section! I'm simply TERRIFIED to go thru birth again, after what happened last time - keep us in your thoughts please!! :flower:

Fingers crossed, Angel Wings!

FT, post those pics!!!

Ok, how do you know when you've dropped? Is it super obvious? The left pic is from last week and the right is from today... Is this a drop or just my imagination?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 8.25.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 8.25.24 PM.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 5
Fingers crossed, Angel Wings!

FT, post those pics!!!

Ok, how do you know when you've dropped? Is it super obvious? The left pic is from last week and the right is from today... Is this a drop or just my imagination?

Hmm...to me, the one on the left your belly looks bigger, I thought the one on the right looks like it was taken awhile ago...

You can't always "see" the drop. You can usually feel it though. You'll feel more pressure, sometimes even directly on your cervix, also the"drop" can happen over time, in stages. It's possible to drop a bit, then REALLY drop - usually a major drop isn't until about 36 weeks, especially with your first. I dropped later than that with both my boys. Besides low pressure, usually you'll feel less pressure on your lungs and stomach. I know my bubs loves snuggling close to my lungs/stomach. I rarely even eat 2 meals a day. I just don't have any room, and I'm uncomfortable a lot - besides the inflamed rib, I often feel like I can't breathe. He was moving big time early this morning, making me nervous he was trying to flip - and usually throughout the day he'll roll forward and that's when I feel his head poking out my side, but he stayed more inward today. I'm pretty sure he didn't flip though.

oh...my...gosh, I am in loooove!! :cloud9: He already has the chubbiest cheeks! She said he is still weighing in a a hefty 6lbs 2oz and you can tell in his pictures lol :blush:

Enjoy!!!

Angel- Fingers crossed bubs stays in his position!!

Attachments

• baby1.jpg
    baby1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1
  • baby2.jpg
    baby2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1
  • baby 3.jpg
    baby 3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online