• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Welcome to the Nut Hut!

Wugz maybe you could try swimming if there is a pool near you. Water sure did move Nick lol. Loosing your plug does not mean that labour is near.

Pls dont try the castor oil trick it is yucky plus it may give you diarreha all for nothing.

Love the new pic confetti! Yeah I had a friend try castor oil and it totally didn't work, and made for a really tough couple of hours...

I didn't think of swimming!

I've heard bouncing on a ball, walking, DTD...

Any other old wives tales that anyone's had luck with?

Wugz with my first I tried every trick in the book and nothing worked then the night before I went to my parents house for dinner and has some spicy tacos and my water broke the next morning!! My friend said she would walk everyday and it did the trick for her!

Angel- they went ahead and did more bloodwork to see where my levels were again since they were so borderline the first two times and youre right he said its common for that to happen in pregnancy, so we will wait for the results form the bloodwork and as long as they havent dropped anymore he will keep me off medication :happydance: I will have to go back 4 weeks after the baby comes to get tested again and make sure they go back to normal if for some reason they dont they will have to look into it a little more. So hopefully its just pregnancy related!!

I get another scan tomorrow to check growth again, I dont know if i am further along than I thought or not but everyday someone comments on how big Ive got and Ive been so umcomfortable, I hope he at least comes 1-2 weeks early I dont know if I can make it full term with this chubster!!

I'm at the doc office, should be getting called back any minute! Fingers crossed!! Will update!

The scan took all of 2 minutes. He just measured the head circumference, abdomen, and femur, his estimated weight right now is 6 lbs 4 oz.... Scares me a bit cuz my other boys "looked"/measured small, I was told my youngest wouldn't even be 6 lbs, yet both were over 8 lbs...
By some unholy miracle today his head was down, but I'm confused cuz then the doc went over too my right side, just under my ribs, and said that was his abdomen. Then he was under my left ribs measuring his femur..that's a weird position. As I'm typing this, a round ball just poked out my right side. I guess he's still flipping, since I have a good amount of fluid, he's able to still move a decent amount.....
:cry: idk what to think or do....how can I possibly feel "something" round poking out my right side and left side at the same time? Not just me, anyone who touches my belly can tell, when he pops out like that.
I'm so terrified. I haven't stopped crying. My blood pressure was high so I had to wait on my side and have them re take it till it went down. On top of all this, Jason and I have been fighting off and on the last few days. I feel like a psychological mess. I'm SO scared after what happened last time.

Oh angel Im so sorry :hugs: I now its scary to think about, was the doctor able to give you any comfort?? They for sure will not schedule a c section now? Does he know how terrified you are? :flower: dont cry, we are here!

Oh angel Im so sorry :hugs: I now its scary to think about, was the doctor able to give you any comfort?? They for sure will not schedule a c section now? Does he know how terrified you are? :flower: dont cry, we are here!

No comfort at all. He said his biggest concern is the obvious "psychological barrier" I have in regards to labor. Well, yeah! That's for a reason. Now I'm worried I'll have to deal with excruciating labor then end up in an EMCS, which would mean getting the worst of both worlds. All I can hope for, I guess, is that for whatever reason last time was just a freak occurrence. But I don't think so. I think my uterus, with it's surgical clips and scarring just can't seem to handle it. I think the second birth being do much worse than the first is a bad sign...plus the hemorrhage, luckily relatively minor, but since then I've had MC's, and more stress on my uterus.

All around just a bad day. A couple days ago I was reading one of the emails I get about pregnancy, and thus Lady was telling her birth story, and just READING about it made me anxious and start crying. Today he did the group B Strep test, as well as a regular culture, and I even cried during that! I mean of course it's uncomfortable, but mostly it gives me insane anxiety. Idk why I'm SO hormonal this pregnancy and never was with my other boys. Jason and I have rarely argued in the 6 years we've been together, yet the last few months we argue a lot. Sometimes I can tell it's my hormones, but sometimes I feel like he's not there or supportive of ME, like he's strictly focused on getting the baby he's always wanted. I'm glad he's happy about the baby, of course, but I just feel lonely and depressed and I've told him this so many times, but nothing changes. I don't get it. I know all thus stress isn't good for, me and the baby. Which makes me stress more! It's getting hard to tell what are true feelings and what my hormones are telling me. It's so ironic, cuz my ex didn't really want kids, yet I had (other than severe morning sickness with #1 and severe heartburn with #2) great pregnancies. This one has been really hard, despite both of us wanting a baby and it being planned and everything. Just makes everything more confusing. :cry:

So sorry you're having a rough time, Angel! Hang in there! Just keep reminding yourself that whatever happens during L&D is only temporary! I know that is so easy to say, but whenever I get myself all worked up I just think about the fact that the next day, it'll be over, and that's when the fun begins :) We are strong women! We can do this! (I hope!!! :flower:)

Thanks guys, that's sweet of you. Even just being able to vent here can help a little. I get overwhelmed sometimes. It seems like so much ID's starting to.happen so fast...the baby, and all the preparations, plus holidays! Trying to mentally and physically be ready is getting harder and harder.

I agree Angel, Im right there with ya...its almost over though its so hard because we are so close yet still could be weeks away! Im the same way with my DH right now, I blame hormones, I tend to find myself focusing more on the things he hasnt done to help out during this pregnancy rather than the so many things he has done to help...even just saying it here makes me realize he actually has done a lot but for some reason I tend to bring up the negative a lot right now.

Angel I'd say do something to take your mind off it... go have a day with some girl friends and get a mani pedi or something! I've found lately that if I ever start to get annoyed with OH or annoyed with anything at all I go shopping and it makes me feel better (which is maybe not good for my wallet lol, but I think it is better than being angry and stressed). I haven't gotten anything for baby yet though because I've been buying crap for family and friends for the holidays so I'll wait until after the holidays when we can spend some money on baby.

My good news is that I felt the baby move last night while I was in the shower! At first I freaked out and didn't know what it was... I almost screamed for OH and then I realized it was something I never felt before and it wasn't painful or anything. Just a little flutter on the left side of my uterus for like 1 or 2 seconds. When I told OH he almost cried lol. In a good way.

But no I am not telling my family at dinner when I go see them next week. My oldest sister already knows and OHs family knows and my best friend. Last time I was pregnant my parents and my other sister did not react very well at all... telling us we are not ready and my dad and sister were throwing around the abortion idea. I explained to them that if I wanted to have an abortion I wouldn't have told them I was pregnant, I would have had an abortion already and not told them anything at all.

After they got over the initial shock of it all I could tell they were all getting excited about it though; my sister asked if she could be with me when giving birth and my dad would call me or text me all the time asking how I was doing. But when it turned out to be ectopic/abdominal they did not seem too sad about it either. I feel bad though because I'm not telling my brother and his girl friend either, and they were really excited last time when we told them... but my brother can't keep a secret.

Anyways mostly the reason we don't want to tell them yet is because they own a business and they are going to be very stressed during the Holidays with it all, so we are going to wait until after Christmas is over so they don't have me to freak out about also. Which is not too bad, I'll be telling them when I'm around 4 months so it is only like a month delay. I think they will feel better about it this time around anyways because I'm graduating BEFORE the baby comes and OH has a better job now, and hopefully it won't be as shocking as it was the first time anyways. Plus if their business does well for Christmas then they will already be in a good mood anyways. If it does bad though... :wacko: lol. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I know how you feel, my parents weren't thrilled with the last pregnancy (the twin MC), but were starting to come around and even talked about how nice it would be to finally have a little girl (I wad the last girl! Lol)....but the MC was bad even as MC's go, and because of my particular health problems, the fact I hemmorhaged with my youngest and again hemmorhaged with the MC, my mom got it in her head I would die. Like literally thought carrying a baby would kill me....and apparently discussed this fear with my brother. Who awhile after the MC said that although he wad sorry, he thought carrying twins to term would have killed me - huh?? He was bring dead serious too, and even was teary eyed. So this time around my family didn't find out till 14 weeks, and of course were less than thrilled. But like I told Jason, they'd come around. And they definitely have! Lol! My mom keeps saying how excited she is, and God forbid if I don't call her the minute I'm out of the doc office! She does still fear for me and what could happen in labor - she was in the room with my youngest, and that just wasn't fun for ANYONE. It was scary. She's blown away that I'm not getting a scheduled c section. So many complications last time - sigh. Trying to look at things in a positive manner. Not easy. Since he's clearly not done settling into his position, who knows? Maybe when I go into labor he'll have his head poking out my side and they'll do the section. I guess that's the only hope I have left. I keep thinking if my doc appt hasn't gotten moved up(they called the day before asking me to come in an hour early), he wouldn't have been sleeping for the scan, since when I got home he poked his head up and out my side like usual - had the scan been then, he would have been labeled breech. :muaha: what a ride this has been

Just got back from my growth scan, Im 34 weeks and he is measuring 39 weeks and weighing in at 7lbs 15oz, a 1oz away from 8lbs...yikes! lol I go back December 5th and if he is still measuring that far ahead doctor said we will probably talk about inducing around 37 weeks which would put me at the week of December 9th..ahhh which seems so soon, we will see! His pictures are sooo funny he kept opening his eyes and he was drinking the fluid while we were watching him, he looks like he has a double chin and the chunkiest cheeks!

wow! so much has happened since I was last here! Hang in there ladies :flower:

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/anakerose/IMG_20131106_102912_zps8a0fec0b.jpg

Yup i wish everyone good luck with whatever is happening. And anake your boy looks like he should be holding a beer and watching football. ..or hockey or whatever lol.

Such a cutie!!!

At my prenatal today, they hooked me up to the monitor because I was complaining about some cramping and diarrhea all week, and it showed I'm having contractions 3 mins apart! Not dilated very much though. What does this mean? Any experience ladies?

Such a cutie!!!

At my prenatal today, they hooked me up to the monitor because I was complaining about some cramping and diarrhea all week, and it showed I'm having contractions 3 mins apart! Not dilated very much though. What does this mean? Any experience ladies?

What number did your contractions get up to? They start hurting pretty bad in the high 80s, and real bad in high 90s...but even though they were 3 minutes apart, since they sent you home, it must just be Braxton Hicks. True contractions around 7 minutes apart they want you in the hospital....by not very much - how much do you mean? Were you a full cm or more, or just slightly open? I know some women that dilated 2 cm but stayed that way for a couple weeks! Doc checked my cervix on Wednesday and said I'm completely tight and closed. But in my personal experience, that can change for me at the drop of a hat! I don't see myself going into labor in the next week or anything, but just in case, we're celebrating our anniversary this weekend instead of next! You just never know! In 20 minutes I'll be 37 weeks and officially considered full term. And since he weighs at least 6 1/2 lbs, I know he won't be super tiny even if delivered tomorrow! If don't get a cesarean, I just pray he doesn't get too big!!

The number got up to at least 90-99 every time I had one. My nurse practitioner said they definitely weren't braxton hicks! But I was only half a CM so they said just wait and see!

I'm still having them this morning. It's like non-stop! They aren't so bad that I can't talk or walk through them, but enough to make me feel like I can't do much. I'm just wondering what the heck is this? Is this how I'll feel for the next 4 weeks or does this mean baby is on the way sooner?

They bumped my appointment for next week up as early as they could, which will be Wednesday to check the progression.

??????????????????????:shrug::shrug::shrug:

I feel like these steps are out of order... It should be dilation and THEN contractions!

contractions on the right

Attachments

• photo-17.jpg
    photo-17.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member