Welcome to the Nut Hut!

aw how cute is that!!! I really do think animals sense stuff, my cat is the biggest cuddle bug anyway so he never really gives me any signs haha .

So update, this afternoon the brown spotting is GONE! there is now nothing there when I wipe not even a little bit :headspin: Im going crazy, what does this mean?? UGH Im so sick of waiting for answers. If AF still doesnt show by Friday I need to make a doctors appointment.

I would say implantation or a sign!!!

My cat is still being weird too!
Nothing as odd as that first day....
This will probably sound gross, and since my cat has chronic bad breath, it is pretty gross...

Nugget has always been a licker - first cat I've ever had that liked to lick people, but whatever. Well, lately, when he lays on my chest (that IS normal), he has been licking me on the lips and literally IN my nostrils!! So I'm hit with his breath full force!!

Normally, he will lick my chin or forehead. He has NEVER licked my LIPS (eeewww) or IN MY NOSE (again, eeeww)

Ok, now, based on some of his odd behavior, I did a little test, which makes me totally certifiable as a nut :blush:
Seeing how he wants to lick my lips, as a scientific experiment ONLY, I approached him where he was laying (instead of waiting for him to come to me), and licked my lips, and (God, I'm sorry I'm even sharing this, it's pretty embarassing) let out a little bit of saliva,lol, :blush: and sorta rubbed it past the corners of my mouth.... Ok, see, telling this story is making it seem much worse in hindsight, anyways, I did that and kneeled down next to the chair he was sleeping on, and actually said "Nugget, is mommy having a baby?" He looked up, licked my saliva off my face and then started licking inside my nose!! WTF??

I realize I did something out of character myself,lol.....but I wanted to see if maybe he just happened to be licking my lips and nostrils during our cuddle time at night, or if he was liking some sort of scent coming out of me....

Now, although a licker, he only does this when HE comes to ME, and if I go to HIM, I normally just pet him and he likes it for a mintue then usually leaves the area....

Weird I know! Laugh, I don't blame you!!

Also, part of what gave me this idea was because the first time (2nights ago) he started licking my lips, I had by chance just happened to lick my own lips - they felt dry like I needed some chap stick..... Well, my over worked brain got to thinking, is there something in my saliva?? Hence the little experiment....

:rofl: I just read this and it must REALLY sound like I'm crazy!!!

@Rose: you have ovulated right?? Cuz my cat started his weirdness the day after my O.

aw how cute is that!!! I really do think animals sense stuff, my cat is the biggest cuddle bug anyway so he never really gives me any signs haha .

So update, this afternoon the brown spotting is GONE! there is now nothing there when I wipe not even a little bit :headspin: Im going crazy, what does this mean?? UGH Im so sick of waiting for answers. If AF still doesnt show by Friday I need to make a doctors appointment.

I think you should make an appt right away! It's not unheard of to get a neg HPT but still be pregnant!

Time for some blood work I think! :test:

:dust:

FF took my crosshairs away today, but I'm starting to get the EWCM feeling down there so maybe I haven't O'd yet. Going to jump the hubby tonight regardless!

My dog has been pretty interesting the past few days as well. Whenever we go to bed (she sleeps in bed with us) she always cuddles and sleeps with OH, not me. Lately she has been cuddling with him when we fall asleep, but by the time we wake up she's cuddled up with me instead, either on my pillow next to my head or curled up in my stomach (I sleep on my side). Pretty weird, but I'm not sure it means anything.

Nazz, you have a similar drop on 4 DPO as me... what do you make of it??? FF took away my crosshairs when I entered my temp today, but you have crosshairs... is that because your temp went back up to normal?

Hell Idk what my chart means at all anywhere. First I thought I O'd cd 13, then I thought cd 17, now FF is telling me cd 20 :shrug:. That dip freaked me out there because it went all the way down to 65.9 something or whatever... really low and I even re temped afterwards to see if my thermometer was wonky, but it was the same. The only thing I could think of was that were was a ghost next to me when I was sleeping that night lol.

Nazz and Rose - there is a lot of info on animals and early pregnancy if you google it. Most of what I have found so far is anecdotal, not actual studies, but I'm sure animals can smell the difference. My kitten hasn't acted funny, but we've only had him about a month. I don't think he would as in tune with me as my Cat.... definitely something to think about. Also my 6 yr old asked me last night if we were going to have a baby, and that he wanted a baby sister! We were not talking about it or anything. Today he asked me if I had a baby in my tummy....

I asked him why, and if he thought I looked bigger, he said no, he can just feel it. I will admit my 6 yr old has a huge imagination.

yeah kids and pets have this sixth sense that we have lost as adults. She's snuggled up beside me on the couch right now and that's another thing she hasn't done since she was a kitten. She won't let me pet her though, but I don't care, she's there :) I'm also on a cooking kick today. Making fresh bread and home made chicken soup. LOL again probably my imagination, but it is definitely strange!! If I O'd when FF said I'd only be at 4dpo. We'll see!

Oh yeah and my OPK/HPT kit is STILL not here!! :brat: I got an email from the company saying there have been some delays at customs for all of their Canadian packages. I would have loved to have known that BEFORE I ordered! LOL watch this, I won't even need them.

Yumm....fresh home made bread sounds really good!

I bet you are right about the opks... Before my mc pregnancy I bought a super plus box of tampons only to find out I was preggo a week later!
I considered doing that again, but I don't think it works if you purposely by tampons. :rofl:

Man I am turning into one superstitious chick! If no af or bfp a week from now, I'll still be asking my cat his opinion, reading tea leaves and maybe even using one of those magic 8 balls :rofl:

I haven't even told my fiance about my cat experiment...lol, after this "home made" hpt I made last cycle that almost blew up the bathroom, I don't think he cares for my experiments. FYI: despite what you may find online, do NOT add bleach to your cup of pee or vice versa. It creates a toxic gas and also produces enough heat to melt a disposable plastic cup and burn your hand when you pick it up....and the foam goes everywhere... :rofl:

True story! I love you all, but I'm really starting to think I should be head nut..lol...not cuz I want to be some leader, but because I do seem to be the craziest....

I bet you are right about the opks... Before my mc pregnancy I bought a super plus box of tampons only to find out I was preggo a week later!
I considered doing that again, but I don't think it works if you purposely by tampons. :rofl:

Man I am turning into one superstitious chick! If no af or bfp a week from now, I'll still be asking my cat his opinion, reading tea leaves and maybe even using one of those magic 8 balls :rofl:

I haven't even told my fiance about my cat experiment...lol, after this "home made" hpt I made last cycle that almost blew up the bathroom, I don't think he cares for my experiments. FYI: despite what you may find online, do NOT add bleach to your cup of pee or vice versa. It creates a toxic gas and also produces enough heat to melt a disposable plastic cup and burn your hand when you pick it up....and the foam goes everywhere... :rofl:

True story! I love you all, but I'm really starting to think I should be head nut..lol...not cuz I want to be some leader, but because I do seem to be the craziest....

Glad you're ok but :rofl: on that home made HPT. Mental note never to do that. Just curious, what was supposed to happen if you're pregnant? or is that what happens if you are?

Haha homemade test... I found this site actually a week or so ago because I was curious as to how people used to find out they were pregnant before tests existed... I really want some wheat and barley seeds to test out this Egyptian theory :)

https://history.nih.gov/exhibits/thinblueline/timeline.html

Glad you're ok but :rofl: on that home made HPT. Mental note never to do that. Just curious, what was supposed to happen if you're pregnant? or is that what happens if you are?
I first read about these home made hpt's on poas.com..... Before trying the one I did, I googled "home made pg tests" and sure enough that came up, but with mixed results...lol.

Supposedly if you put some pee in a cup, then added bleach, and it really foamed, then you were probably pregnant... well I was not pregnant, but holy cow did it foam! A small amount of pee
with a cap of bleach caused the cup to overflow with foam!

There was another one, with leaves from a a dandelion. It said if you poured your pee on the leaves (with plastic or ceran wrap under them) and within an hour if red blisters appeared on the leaves, it meant positive,lol. There was also something with pine-sol but I forget that one.

@nazz- I saw the wheat barley thing, but what I read was supposed to determine gender. It said if you planted grain, and peed on the soil, if you were pregnant it would sprout quickly, and wheat meant boy and barley meant girl, or vice versa, don't recall which way it went.

Can't believe I even tried the bleach thing....

Ammonia plus bleach is KNOWN to produce toxic gas, but I used such a tiny amount I figured it couldn't hurt...:haha:

I'm thinking the women these worked for it was just coincidental...but a lot were like 60+ years ago home tests...i think by the time women tried that, they were probably a month late or something, so that's why they thought it was reliable. This day and age more women want to know, and want to know.NOW,LOL

Idk, I'm back down again, thinking it's not going to happen. I'm really bummed out. This friday will be 14 dpo, if I don't get my bfp or af by then, then I'm probably going to make an appointment.... Something has got to give!

Had a lot to read this morn.

Thanks Angel for telling us the bleach experiment I was going to try it this cycle!!

Ft Mommy I have read that after ib it takes 2 days for a preg test to show positive.

My temp still up today cant wait to start testing.

confetti, your temps look great! If they stay up tomorrow, it looks like you O'd on Sun.

Angel, I cried reading that! OMG, can't believe that you even tried that "home made" experiment!!!! :)

I freaked out this morning, my temps went up, but they were supposed to go down today, I always O on CD13, and they should be lowest this morning, but ..... :wacko::shrug: I don't know what this means, it can be either way....I could have O'd yesterday, but than I never got EWCM (or bding covered it up)....i think it was sort of stretchy last night, but just a small amount, but not this morning....
and if I am still waiting to O, this morning's temp looks totally weird, can't imagine that they will be so high that this one can stay among lower ones....

Aaaaa, loosing my mind over this!

Well AF has FINALLy shown her ugly head this morning. Im just glad something has come and we can get started with our 4th cycle. I have always been so regular 33 day cycles exactly and now this last one was 42 days, hope I go back to 33 days those long ones stink!! I only had the 7 day ovulation tests last month so this month im doing the 25 day tests so I can be sure EXACTLY when I ovulate and hope for the best!!

Sorry FTMommy :hugs: at least you know now.

Confetti, your chart looks great!

I think I may have ovulated in the middle of the night last night :happydance: had a sharp pinpoint pain in my left side. Good thing we BD'd last night :D Temp went down again so I'm probably on my way to getting the good crosshairs.

Sooo sorry Ft mommy I hope you get your Bfp nxt cycle.

I am not positive at all that we did it as we did not bd enough. It would be so great to give everyone the news on Xmas day but maybe I am just dreaming dont know why but I feel so low today.

confetti, your temps look great! If they stay up tomorrow, it looks like you O'd on Sun.

Angel, I cried reading that! OMG, can't believe that you even tried that "home made" experiment!!!! :)

I freaked out this morning, my temps went up, but they were supposed to go down today, I always O on CD13, and they should be lowest this morning, but ..... :wacko::shrug: I don't know what this means, it can be either way....I could have O'd yesterday, but than I never got EWCM (or bding covered it up)....i think it was sort of stretchy last night, but just a small amount, but not this morning....
and if I am still waiting to O, this morning's temp looks totally weird, can't imagine that they will be so high that this one can stay among lower ones....

Aaaaa, loosing my mind over this!
:dohh: which one? When I asked my cat and he licked my saliva or the mad scientist that created a mini bomb? :rofl:

As for o with only a little ewcm - the same thing happened to me this cycle the "first" time I got crosshairs. I only had very little cm... After 5 days ( I think) my temps dipped a bit, stayed down, then I started getting a LOT of ewcm, and had almost a full degree temp spike! Got a new set of crosshairs! Through google, it seems I geared up to
Ovulate, but it didn't actually happen. With the second set of crosshairs I got, on cd 29, I had all the signs, and my temp has been up for 11 days straight.

I would just keep :sex: every other day, if possible, that way you can't miss fertile days.

FTmommy: darn! :hugs: at least you have an answer, even though it's not the one you want, and yes long cycles are annoying! :growlmad:

I woke up crampy today, which is scary, but my temp is still good... Now I'm biting my nails for tomorrows temp...

My crazy chart :
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/408a67/thumb.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"