Welcome to the Nut Hut!

That's pretty weird angel. I've never had break through bleeds before even on BC. I'd be freaking out lol, hopefully it's just a big old implantation bleed... When are you testing?

So how old were all of you when you had your first kid... out of curiosity... If you had any already that is.

Nazz, your temps are looking good! :thumbup:

I'm 34 and this is my first. Met my DH in 2003, but we both were not living on our own yet and he was in school (and we lived in different cities). We bought a condo nearly 5 years ago and moved in together.

That's pretty weird angel. I've never had break through bleeds before even on BC. I'd be freaking out lol, hopefully it's just a big old implantation bleed... When are you testing?

So how old were all of you when you had your first kid... out of curiosity... If you had any already that is.

I'm 34 and this is my first. Met my DH in 2003, but we both were not living on our own yet and he was in school (and we lived in different cities). We bought a condo nearly 5 years ago and moved in together.

Thanks rose. I feel like they are so high though, I mean yours haven't even gotten that high and you ARE pregnant! Maybe I'm just getting a fever? :dohh: must.stop.thinking. Can't wait for this TWW to be over with already! Wish I had some internet cheapies to pee on to give me something to do lol!

Thanks rose. I feel like they are so high though, I mean yours haven't even gotten that high and you ARE pregnant! Maybe I'm just getting a fever? :dohh: must.stop.thinking. Can't wait for this TWW to be over with already! Wish I had some internet cheapies to pee on to give me something to do lol!

I stopped recording, but periodically I'll take my temp in the morning and I'm consistently between 36.8 and 37.3 (Celsius).

I was wondering why my temp dipped, because I've been getting hot flashes throughout the last few days, but I woke up at 6, 645, 745, temped then, and laid down for an hour, re temped, 98.9

So I adjusted, and it gave me 98.4, but I put .1 less, and made a mark in my notes. I wonder how accurate the adjuster is. I guess they base it on averages...

Not sure when I'll test. Maybe tomorrow at 8dpo, but probably not until the spotting stops. Today it is back to being mixed with ewcm. Very strange. I feel like I'm running an experiment everytime I pee :rofl:

For the FEW women who bled like this and then got a bfp, it was between 2-14 days later. So I'll probably wait til this stops.

I was 21 when I had my first. I'm 33 now.

Not sure when I'll test. Maybe tomorrow at 8dpo, but probably not until the spotting stops. Today it is back to being mixed with ewcm. Very strange. I feel like I'm running an experiment everytime I pee :rofl:

For the FEW women who bled like this and then got a bfp, it was between 2-14 days later. So I'll probably wait til this stops.

I was 21 when I had my first. I'm 33 now.

I looked up cramping at 5 dpo (like I had last night and a little today) and there were a whole bunch of people who said they cramped around then and then got a BFP 7-10 dpo, but I am not testing that early. I'm going to wait for AF like I did last month, it kept my sanity a little bit. Although if I had a bunch of cheapies I wouldn't mind testing, but our dollar stores don't sell preg tests. :growlmad:

So you're kids are going to have quite a gap in them! My siblings and I had gaps too, I'm the youngest and my brother is 4 years older than me, sisters are 10 and 12 years older than me. We kind of hated it because I felt like I had 2 extra moms, and they kind of felt like they raised my brother and I (neither of them are having kids now haha). But everyone is different, I'm sure it was just our personalities along with the age gap that did us in. We all love each other though and have great fun together, it is just sad that it turned my sisters off to having kids (so far). Hopefully they change their minds.

There is 5 1/2 yrs between my boys, and my youngest asks me all the time when "will you get preg-a-net?" He says he wants a little sister, and he wants to be the boss,lol.

Mostly I would like one more so that my fiance and I can have one together, and ever since my mc I have had baby fever. Clearly, lol

Nazz- I thought this one dollar store by me didn't have tests either, turned out they keep them behind the register, I guess to prevent theft?

I had my son at 23 he is now 6.

Nazx your temps are high but look fine are you temping orally?

I'll have to try and see if there are any behind the register.... did you just ask or did you see them? I would be embarrassed to ask haha especially if they don't have them...

I'm sure that age gap will be better with boys too, especially if you have a little girl, boys are usually protective and caring of their little sisters. It also had to do with the fact that my parents worked A LOT so it was usually the 4 of us until night time. I wouldn't say my sisters "raised" us, but they definitely did a lot more child care than any child should ever have to lol. I'm sure you won't put that burden on your kids.

Confetti I have been temping vaginally for I think almost a week now because it seemed to make my temps more steady (you can see how crazy they were before I O'd compared to after). I've also been adjusting them if I wake up late or early. I was skeptical about adjusting, but I looked up and found a lot of positive things on it. This one lady said she started adjusting and just to see if it worked she temped early, adjusted it, and then went back to bed and woke up a good few hours later and temped again and she said the adjusted temp and her later temp were exactly the same. So I am sold!

Also thanks for sharing your ages with your first kids :flower: makes me feel less ashamed for trying at 23... although maybe yours were accidents idk, but either way it makes me feel a lot better.

It was an oopsie yes but we were freshly married and would only have waited to start ttc maybe after our 1st anniversary.

I had high temos also before my dip.

So I was browsing through ff charts and was looking at pg charts with spotting, in the first 2 pages, I found one with 6 days of scattered spotting, one with 7 consecutive days, and even one with 7 days spotting and a day marked L for bleeding. I was afraid to mark L because I thought it would start a new chart....as dumb as this sounds, I don't remember if ff starts a chart automatically or not, lol! I thought it did, but this lady had an L and kept temping on the same chart.
One thing I noticed was that most of them had either low temps, barely above coverline, or very erratic temps post o. Idk what this all means for me but I'm kind of frustrated really. At this point I just want to get started on a new cycle. I want this month behind me. It's so annoying really.

Mine was an oopsie as well, but since I had one ovary and tube removed due to cancer by then, and was told it was unclear if I could even have kids, I decided it was a blessing in disguise :)

Everytime I jump on here I feel like so much has happened! So funny how this group never runs out of things to talk about :haha:

Angel so happy you talked to your doctor, Im sure the word "normal" was such a relief. Seems like you found a good doctor too!!

Nazz- Had my first at 23, she was an oopsie but Im now 26 and trying for another so everything worked out good!! When are you testing??

mmm...my new favourite snack (well it's one I've had for years) is canned tuna with chopped pickles on crackers :) Just can't have it too often because of mercury levels in tuna.

26 and TTC #1! My temperature was up today, and I actually got some solid sleep, but I refuse to interpret that to mean anything, since the last time my temperature spiked, it did a complete nose dive the next day.

My new strategy to deal with my BBT anxiety is to skip days of temping where I know I'm not sleeping or going to get an accurate reading. Taking it 3 hours early made it worse than not taking it at all, because then you're thinking "did I not ovulate or did I just take it too early?!?!?". I figure even if I have a few gaps in my days, I should still be able to see a shift. I'm mostly upset because my charts were so pretty before and now they'll be hideous!!! :dohh:

Anyone had experience taking something to help them sleep? Do you know if Tylenol PM or something along those lines would effect your BBT?

OH and I would be married if we could be -_- it's a long story, but it is illegal for us to be married for another... year and a half I think. It's very confusing and hairy. We wanted to wait until we could get married, but then we were just like screw it. We want babies lol.

I'm not going to test unless AF doesn't show up... so I guess I have about 9 or 10 more days.

26 and TTC #1! My temperature was up today, and I actually got some solid sleep, but I refuse to interpret that to mean anything, since the last time my temperature spiked, it did a complete nose dive the next day.

My new strategy to deal with my BBT anxiety is to skip days of temping where I know I'm not sleeping or going to get an accurate reading. Taking it 3 hours early made it worse than not taking it at all, because then you're thinking "did I not ovulate or did I just take it too early?!?!?". I figure even if I have a few gaps in my days, I should still be able to see a shift. I'm mostly upset because my charts were so pretty before and now they'll be hideous!!! :dohh:

Anyone had experience taking something to help them sleep? Do you know if Tylenol PM or something along those lines would effect your BBT?
I can answer your last set of questions. Ibuprofen suppresses progesterone, which can lower bbt, so don't take it or advil pm post o. Tylenol is totally fine, the catch is the pm part. Otc sleep medd are either doccixlyine succinate or, more commonly, diphenhydramine hcl(which is exactly the same as benadryl) are both anti-histamines and won't effect your temp BUT can dry up CM, so don't take it before you O.

So pre-o, stick with supplements like melatonin and tryptophan
to aid in sleep, so you don't mess up your CM.
After o, stay away from ibuprofen, but both tylenol and.any anti histamine is fine.

Hope that helped!

Oh and valerian root with melatonin will also naturally lower anxiety.

Hope this helps!

Sources: chronic insomniac for 20 yrs or so, google,etc

I can answer your last set of questions. Ibuprofen suppresses progesterone, which can lower bbt, so don't take it or advil pm post o. Tylenol is totally fine, the catch is the pm part. Otc sleep medd are either doccixlyine succinate or, more commonly, diphenhydramine hcl(which is exactly the same as benadryl) are both anti-histamines and won't effect your temp BUT can dry up CM, so don't take it before you O.

So pre-o, stick with supplements like melatonin and tryptophan
to aid in sleep, so you don't mess up your CM.
After o, stay away from ibuprofen, but both tylenol and.any anti histamine is fine.

Hope that helped!

Oh and valerian root with melatonin will also naturally lower anxiety.

Hope this helps!

Sources: chronic insomniac for 20 yrs or so, google,etc

Wow! Hello expert! Great to know... I had no idea! So totally throwing my ibuprofen out the window. And I actually love Benadryl as a sleep aid... Not any more!:dohh:

Thanks Angel. These are the simple questions my doctor refused to answer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->