Welcome to the Nut Hut!

My primary care doc also has a degree in homeopathic medicine, I've learned a lot from her. Plus, like I said, I've struggled with sleep issues since I was like 12. Grave's disease made it worse, I also am prone to night terrors, sleep paralysis, and the occasional sleepwalking(although I sleep walk rarely now, a lot when I was a kid)

After years of trying all sorts of regimens, I finally got.somewhat "stable" on klonopin. Been on that for 3 years, the ONLY thing that suppresses my terrors and sleep paralysis. I'm slowly tapering down ( used to take 2 a day), but for me the benefits far outweigh any risks. There.were poorly done studies in the late 70s saying they can cause cleft palate, but more recent in depth study found that in a study of 10, 000 women, 7 would have a baby with cleft palate, compared to 6 out of 10,000 births to non medicated women. .001 of an increase is not statistically significant.

Upon a second look at the infamous study in the 70s, turned out a lot.of the women were either abusing their medication, on various other meds, and/or street drug users.

But just in case, I'm working on slowly tapering.

Really though, look into melatonin and valerian root, I know melatonin is even save during pregnancy, at least as needed(maybe not daily), but idk for the valerian root. But definitely good while waiting for your bfp!

Anake I really like your cravings. Wheb I was preg with my son I used to buy restaurant sized jars of gherkins mmmmm.

Angel you are full of knowledge!

You really had a though time in the past. I was nearly a registered nurse I left 3 months before I graduated. I was so depressed my dad told me to become a midwife but the courses closed when it was my turn. Yest was his birthday he would have been so proud to become a grandpa again. That is life you know that song living years it is made for me ' i wasnt there that morning when my father passed away, I didnt get to tell him all the things I had to say'.

Anake I really like your cravings. Wheb I was preg with my son I used to buy restaurant sized jars of gherkins mmmmm.
Lol...
I'm a very boring, plain e eater....
I don't like pickles, and never went through odd cravings. I did crave beef hardcore with my youngest, aye burgers and.steak non stop...actually protein in general, but only stuff similar to what I always ate...
I remember reading "what to expect when you're expecting" and it said some women will crave things like dirt, clay, paper, and -get this- chimney soot! :rofl: omg when I read that I could not stop laughing! I can just picture a pg lady, hungry, not sure what she has a taste for, and then the smoldering embers in the fire place catch her eye...then she starts scooping out the black soot and shoving it in her mouth! :rofl:

Doesn't matter how many years ago I read it, I'll never forget it, and cracks me up everytime! :rofl:

Uggh FF just changed my xhares... Not sure what to think or why, do you guys think its right or was cd14 right? We definitely were not covered for cd 18... Guess I'm probably out again!

@ Nazz - I didn't agree with my O date when I got pregnant. Did you have any O symptoms around CD14? FF is an estimate, it's not set in stone.
FX for you.

@ Confetti - I couldn't stand pickles up until earlier in the week, then I just wanted them. I haven't had any really strange craving combinations yet (I'm sure those will come :haha:).

Oh I want some warmer weather! I'm so not a cold weather girl. I mean it hasn't been 'cold' here like it has been in central Canada, but I'd love a few days of sunshine. I want my flip flops, shorts and tank tops back dammit!

Starting to get some ideas for the baby's room. When it gets warmer we're going to start getting it ready. Going to do a day trip to Vancouver one weekend to go to Ikea and Old Navy (4 hour drive each way over 2 high mountain passes). We don't have those stores here in the Okanagan.

Hopefully I'll start working soon. I want to see if I can get a weekend off somewhere to take off with Michael. I so want a hot tub right now, but I know that's not safe.

Rose, I had some ovary pains, I didn't record when, but I'm pretty sure it was like cd 15... maybe even 16 so it can really go either way... but with the temps it looks more like an O on cd 14 because my temp shot up cd 15, ya know? And then its been crawling up since then. And then I told you guys about the weird AF sort of cramps I had the other night, which was 5 dpo (now 1 dpo) and those cramps have been coming off and on since, but a lot more dull and subtle. I was hoping maybe implantation cramps, but who knows now. Either way, my temps have not gotten this high that past 2 cycles I've been charting so I'm really hoping it means something is cookin' in my belly. :haha:
Oh, I forgot to add that I didn't notice any fertile CM this cycle like AT ALL! Usually I have something, but I was pretty dry all cycle. Every now and then I would have a tiny little bit of watery cm, but nothing to write home about so that's why I didn't mark any on my chart.

OH and I were just talking the other day about how Canada would be a nice place to live, but we don't think we could handle the weather up there!! We live way down in the south east US and we are complaining when it gets cold here (which is nothing!) This winter has been the warmest we've ever had. It keeps jumping back and forth though, one day I'll be wearing flip flops and shorts and the next I'll have to wear boots and a coat. Never experienced anything like it. I can't wait to be able to go lay on the beach again though, we live about 30 minutes from one beach and about an hour from another. The closer one allows alcohol, but no dogs, and the farther one doesn't allow alcohol, but it does allow dogs! So it is a toss up. I'd rather have my dog with me than drinks though personally.

You guys gotta see this. I first saw it on Tosh.0, it's hysterical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YGT3m4ltCU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ok, now I'm hoping for a little spike tomorrow... Todays temp was taken at normal time. And it went down a bit...

STILL "spotting" with "bleed" when I pee. No cramps since like tuesday. It's bizarre.. This better not be my body's "new thing" and firefly just an "off" month.

I did find a lot of women who got pg a month or 2 after an off month...maybe that's why my doc said that...

I have hit a mile stone! 8dpo and did not test! Maybe the bleeding is necessary to help poas frenzy

Nazz, I liked your crosshairs where they were before...

I'm trying to be positive. Maybe my body is flushing itself out (in a gross way) to make room for next month's bean!

@ Nazz - It's not cold everywhere up here. BC usually stays pretty mild. We're at a higher elevation so we get snow. Today is gorgeous! Central Canada (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba) they get COLD. Ontario east can vary. I only live about 60 miles from Washington state. If we do have a crappy winter, we definitely make up for it in the summer :D They call us her in the Okanagan the California of the north.

Found this site on how to make your own maternity pants! https://grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.ca/2009/09/maternity-pants-tutorial.html I am SO doing that. The prices they ask for maternity clothing is insane! I live right next to a Value Village (kinda like Salvation Army, but money goes to the Boys & Girls Club), and I can get pants for like $3. Found an actual pair of maternity jeans capri's for $3.99 too. I'll need to make a few pairs of pants for work. I found lots of XL size, but I need about a 2XL cause my hips are kinda big :blush:.

Finally had a good sleep last night :sleep:. I ditched my pillow and bought a new one and it made all the difference.

Maternity work pants are expensive! At the same store, they are on average $15 more! Crazy!

@angel, way to go on the no testing! Although I'm sure you will cave within the next 2 or 3 days :haha: and I also saw that video on Tosh, so funny. I just went to the dollar store right by my house, and you were right, they do keep the tests behind the counter, but all they had were clearblue and some other kind, the clear blue were 3 tests for $5 something, and the others were 2 tests for $6 something... I was hoping they had the actual dollar store cheapies that are like a dollar a pop... so I didn't get any. I have one FRER and if I really need to pee on more sticks I'll go to walmart and use my FRER coupon that comes in the box. Lol the lady at the counter assumed I didn't buy any because I'm too poor to spend 5 bucks on some tests, so she told me the clinic gives them out for free! Kind of embarrassing... I politely told her "Your prices are the same as walmarts, and walmart has better brands, I was hoping you had the dollar tests." In all fairness I DO look young, I mean I AM young, but I really do look like a high schooler, so she probably thought I was some possibly knocked up teenager. :dohh:

@rose- that's a pretty cool idea for maternity pants, unfortunately I'm not so good with the sewing machine. I've tried over and over. I'm too impatient for the damn thing! You'll be saving plenty of money for baby though with that!

Oh, rose I just remembered something I saw on TV once and I looked it up. It's called a belly belt. You should look it up, that is probably what I would use myself so I could still wear all my pants.

Nazz - if you put in some lower temps for those two days you don't have a temp, does it take your O back? One cycle I hadn't recorded enough low temps to satisfy FF so I just made some up:haha:

Looks like you're still covered either way! Although I hate when they do that and you feel like you went back in time.

Hey! I just put in 97.5 and then 97.2, and it put my cross hares back to cd 14! Is that what you meant by "lower temps" or do you mean even ...lower...? IDK how all that "what if" charting works... but I am NEVER skipping temping again! lol. It's weird that it would do that... But what temps exactly would you put in those two days?

I'd say those temps look about right! Just whatever your average pre-O temp is. When I took my natural family planning class, you had to have 6 temperatures lower than your spike before you could count it as O, so maybe FF has a similar rule?

I read that ff tends to crosshair once there has been 3 high temps that cpme after 6 "low " temps...although I saw charts where they couldn't do that, but I think they try

Idk all this charting stuff is too confusing for me, I don't do much math lol. On another note you know how I was saying I haven't really had an CM all cycle? Well just went wee and there was a good amount of creamy CM, like lotiony kind of :wacko: crazy stuff my body is pulling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->