2 BUNS in the oven............thanksgiving testers!!!!

ok ok :) here's your morning squinter...I will be back later to catch up on what I missed this morning!

Since I'm not familiar with ic's, can you show me where the test line is? I see a line, but I'm thinking it's where the end of the test starts...idk lol:confused:

ok ok :) here's your morning squinter...I will be back later to catch up on what I missed this morning!

You got a regular pic? Sometimes the inverted ones confuse me. :blush:

To my girls who can wait to test! I totally admire you guys - you guys are awesome! If I had a microscope that could look inside my body, I'd totally use it and since POAS is the closest thing, I go crazy with it!

Eating my gluten free pumpkin bars (made with almond butter) with my coffee right now...I'm in heaven. I love coffee - I make it with cream, almond milk (unsweetened), and coconut oil. I used to hate coffee - I was a tea drinker - only been drinking it about a year and now it's my favorite thing. Funny how tastes change. I haven't been able to drink much tea since my pregnancy - I think because I had peppermint tea right before I threw up. lol. I definitely cant' stand the thought of peppermint tea... :winkwink:

To my girls who can wait to test! I totally admire you guys - you guys are awesome! If I had a microscope that could look inside my body, I'd totally use it and since POAS is the closest thing, I go crazy with it!

Eating my gluten free pumpkin bars (made with almond butter) with my coffee right now...I'm in heaven. I love coffee - I make it with cream, almond milk (unsweetened), and coconut oil. I used to hate coffee - I was a tea drinker - only been drinking it about a year and now it's my favorite thing. Funny how tastes change. I haven't been able to drink much tea since my pregnancy - I think because I had peppermint tea right before I threw up. lol. I definitely cant' stand the thought of peppermint tea... :winkwink:

coconut oil in coffee? thats new! i've never heard of that. i use coconut oil every day but only for beauty reasons (hair conditioner, facial moisturizer). since i've been using it as my facial moisturizer, my skin has been amazing! love the stuff

and its funny you mention you make stuff with almond butter. i was just thinking this morning, i've got to make some baked goods with my almond butter. i love making healthy snacks! i made some coconut flour chocolate chip muffins a few weeks ago and they were AMAZING

coconut oil in coffee? thats new! i've never heard of that. i use coconut oil every day but only for beauty reasons (hair conditioner, facial moisturizer). since i've been using it as my facial moisturizer, my skin has been amazing! love the stuff

and its funny you mention you make stuff with almond butter. i was just thinking this morning, i've got to make some baked goods with my almond butter. i love making healthy snacks! i made some coconut flour chocolate chip muffins a few weeks ago and they were AMAZING

Yeah, I love it too! It's so good to bake with and I use it on my skin too. I put a tbl in my coffee - I whip it all together in the magic bullet so it's not like an oil slick on top of my cup!

I love baking with almond, cashew and sunflower butter! Everything comes out moist and chewy. I have this blondie recipe that I make with cashew butter and chocolate chips and it is soooo good and soooo easy. I love that I can make chewy or cakey baked good with no flour...pretty amazing. :)

I think I dabble here and there in some of the other threads but this is ultimately where my "home" is on this board. Even after the TWW I'm still here more than any where else...I'm like that weird Uncle everyone has that doesn't know when they have overstayed their visit lol

I think we are all going to have self doubt and depression while TTC, there is no way to really avoid it, but the love, advice and laughter here helps numb us to all the negative sides of TTC. And that's what we all need now and then, is a little mental break from the stress. Hopefully some of my quirky antidotes will put a smile on your face along the way. I'm a little geeky (as if you didn't know that from my avatar) and weird and all I want is for people to smile.

I said something on another post a few weeks back about the only way this group could be even more awesome was if it was on FB (cause I'm a FB whore) I just love the dynamic here.

I remember when you said that. I was posting in that thread too, and I totally agree. Im a FB whore too:haha:

This thread is really my favorite on the board. It's getting BUSY now, and conversation flies by. Every time I log in I'm reading PAGES of new information, I hope that means some :bfp: magic will accumulate with all us TTC ladies! :dust:

KK, I know you make me smile. I try to do the same, bring some positive energy to this whole TTC thing, and to this lovely group of ladies we've found.

Hi ladies. I know this thread has been going for a while now, but mind if I join this late on? I'm currently 2dpo and going crazy!! This is my 2nd cycle on clomid and first cycle for ovidrel. Is anyone else taking any sort of fertility meds?

Welcome :hi: I'm not sure if any of the others in this thread are on any fertility meds (maybe???), but I have an appointment in 6 days with my doc, and I have a feeling I'll be starting clomid, or some type of meds after that visit.

My cycle is SUPER short, like 15-20 days (closer to the 15 lately), and I've been TTC for over a year with no sticky beans. I haven't done OPK's before this month, so I'm not sure if I am even ovulating, or if I just have a LP defect, or what exactly is going on. Lots of tests in my future. Any way, if I do start the meds after talking to the doc and my results come back, it will be really nice to have someone in the thread who can relate.

Currently im CD 6 and I DID have a huge temp dip yesterday and spike today, I only did one OPK yesterday and it was negative, though I didnt do a secoond in the evening (hopefully i didn't miss anything important) havent done one yet today, but I'm thinking the dip and spike were random and not O related. I can't wait to find out what is going on with this body of mine.

Wishing you lots of luck! Sending Good vibes, baby dust, glitter, sparkles and all kinds of shiny pretties!!!

:dust:

KK- definitely a squinter, I'd like to see a non inverted pic as well, if you have it. I am SOOOOO cheering you on, hopefully all this baby dust and glitter and sparkly pretty shiny good luck that's flying around this thread stuck and you'll be showing us a BLARING :bfp: in a few more days!:thumbup:

WOW, this thread is moving faster and faster everyday. I love how much conversation is happening, it just takes me a bit to scroll through pages of what I've missed. I am about to become a board addict again and check this thread like I have major OCD.:dohh:

Now I DESPERATELY want some red velvet ice cream or muffins, or something yummy. I'm just drinking a cup of coffee with this yummy pumpkin spice creamer and looking over the syllabus for my math course that starts in two weeks:coffee:`Even when I'm supposed to be on a break I just can't shut this brain off!

I have an obsession with Pancakes lately, and it's definitely showing in my waistline, I know a lot of you ladies do gluten free or use alternative ingredients. While I'm not necessarily looking to go completely gluten free, I am wondering if anyone has suggestion on how to make pancakes a bit more healthy, as I know they are TOTALLY horrible for me.

I agree that the tww MOSTLY sucks, because it's stressful and all you can really do is wait and SS, but I also see the joy in it. The hopeful feeling really is nice, and at least SS gives you something to do, and helps keeps that positive attitude flowing, even if it's all in our minds, at least it's something to occupy our TTC information soaked brains.

Hope everyone is doing well today. It's soooo chilly here, I am wrapped up tight with DS under a BIIIIIG blankie with wool socks and a heavy sweatshirt. BRRRRR.

Hi ladies. I know this thread has been going for a while now, but mind if I join this late on? I'm currently 2dpo and going crazy!! This is my 2nd cycle on clomid and first cycle for ovidrel. Is anyone else taking any sort of fertility meds?

Welcome :hi: I'm not sure if any of the others in this thread are on any fertility meds (maybe???), but I have an appointment in 6 days with my doc, and I have a feeling I'll be starting clomid, or some type of meds after that visit.

My cycle is SUPER short, like 15-20 days (closer to the 15 lately), and I've been TTC for over a year with no sticky beans. I haven't done OPK's before this month, so I'm not sure if I am even ovulating, or if I just have a LP defect, or what exactly is going on. Lots of tests in my future. Any way, if I do start the meds after talking to the doc and my results come back, it will be really nice to have someone in the thread who can relate.

Currently im CD 6 and I DID have a huge temp dip yesterday and spike today, I only did one OPK yesterday and it was negative, though I didnt do a secoond in the evening (hopefully i didn't miss anything important) havent done one yet today, but I'm thinking the dip and spike were random and not O related. I can't wait to find out what is going on with this body of mine.

Wishing you lots of luck! Sending Good vibes, baby dust, glitter, sparkles and all kinds of shiny pretties!!!

I think allison said she takes fertility meds?...if I'm remembering correctly. I've also read somewhere that progesterone suppositories might be able to help with lp length. I can't wait for you to get some answers! :)

AM - there are recipes for almond butter pancakes - I haven't tried them yet, but want to. Detoxinista has a recipe that looks great - google her! She has a lot of fantastic recipes...she's the one I got the blondie recipe from (although I use cashew, not peanut butter).

It's actually kinda chilly here too...we had a big wind storm yesterday and this morning I woke up to semi-cloudy skies and a bit of rain. It says it's 55. I almost needed a sweater! So, I got to wear my boots today - finally cold enough for Fall boots!

TWW totally sucks. I notice that a lot of women count ovulation from when they get their positive opk, but you can ovulate up to 2 days after that... I ovulated so late this cycle it's annoying and strange at the same time, but I'm trying to just roll with it. Still have the boob pain and some cramping...I think I must have ovulated from the left side this time? I'm always amazed that people know which ovary did what. I have no idea. In fact, when I was having my ultrasound when I was pregnant, she saw a cyst on my ovary (which is normal) and said that's probably why I was having some cramping - and I asked, "Oh on the left side?" because that's the side that was hurting more and she said, "no, the right..." LOL so I have no idea. I guess it makes sense though because my right boob was the bigger one at that time. :shrug:

KK- definitely a squinter, I'd like to see a non inverted pic as well, if you have it. I am SOOOOO cheering you on, hopefully all this baby dust and glitter and sparkly pretty shiny good luck that's flying around this thread stuck and you'll be showing us a BLARING :bfp: in a few more days!:thumbup:

WOW, this thread is moving faster and faster everyday. I love how much conversation is happening, it just takes me a bit to scroll through pages of what I've missed. I am about to become a board addict again and check this thread like I have major OCD.:dohh:

Now I DESPERATELY want some red velvet ice cream or muffins, or something yummy. I'm just drinking a cup of coffee with this yummy pumpkin spice creamer and looking over the syllabus for my math course that starts in two weeks:coffee:`Even when I'm supposed to be on a break I just can't shut this brain off!

I have an obsession with Pancakes lately, and it's definitely showing in my waistline, I know a lot of you ladies do gluten free or use alternative ingredients. While I'm not necessarily looking to go completely gluten free, I am wondering if anyone has suggestion on how to make pancakes a bit more healthy, as I know they are TOTALLY horrible for me.

I agree that the tww MOSTLY sucks, because it's stressful and all you can really do is wait and SS, but I also see the joy in it. The hopeful feeling really is nice, and at least SS gives you something to do, and helps keeps that positive attitude flowing, even if it's all in our minds, at least it's something to occupy our TTC information soaked brains.

Hope everyone is doing well today. It's soooo chilly here, I am wrapped up tight with DS under a BIIIIIG blankie with wool socks and a heavy sweatshirt. BRRRRR.

I love pancakes too!! and i love making healthy alternatives to everything. coconut flour and almond flour are good alternatives and theres great receipes out there. i know i've made coconut flour and almond flour pancakes before and hubby actually LOVED them. or when i make waffles, i make them multigrain (whole wheat flour, oatmeal, bulgur wheat, cornmeal) so at least i'm getting the fiber in them. and if you can, (here i go on my healthy rants), stay away from "pancake syrup". buy real maple syrup, or use honey with chopped fruits on top of your pancakes to reduce the amount of added sugar to your breakfast.

Welcome :hi: I'm not sure if any of the others in this thread are on any fertility meds (maybe???), but I have an appointment in 6 days with my doc, and I have a feeling I'll be starting clomid, or some type of meds after that visit

I think allison said she takes fertility meds?...if I'm remembering correctly. I've also read somewhere that progesterone suppositories might be able to help with lp length. I can't wait for you to get some answers! :)

Thanks.Yes, I was actually replying to Allison's question as to whether or not anyone else in the thread is taking Meds:winkwink:

Suppositories ARE a good option that I am going to talk to my doc about. I've also heard alot about Progesterone cream, whether I get a prescription or order it from the net... I'm feeling like I have a lot of positive options.:thumbup:

AM - there are recipes for almond butter pancakes - I haven't tried them yet, but want to. Detoxinista has a recipe that looks great - google her! She has a lot of fantastic recipes...she's the one I got the blondie recipe from (although I use cashew, not peanut butter).

It's actually kinda chilly here too...we had a big wind storm yesterday and this morning I woke up to semi-cloudy skies and a bit of rain. It says it's 55. I almost needed a sweater! So, I got to wear my boots today - finally cold enough for Fall boots!

TWW totally sucks. I notice that a lot of women count ovulation from when they get their positive opk, but you can ovulate up to 2 days after that... I ovulated so late this cycle it's annoying and strange at the same time, but I'm trying to just roll with it. Still have the boob pain and some cramping...I think I must have ovulated from the left side this time? I'm always amazed that people know which ovary did what. I have no idea. In fact, when I was having my ultrasound when I was pregnant, she saw a cyst on my ovary (which is normal) and said that's probably why I was having some cramping - and I asked, "Oh on the left side?" because that's the side that was hurting more and she said, "no, the right..." LOL so I have no idea. I guess it makes sense though because my right boob was the bigger one at that time. :shrug:

Yum!! I will definitely google her. Those Blondies sound super tasty too. Thanks.:thumbup:

It's funny you mention your boots! I just pulled my fall boots out yesterday and stared at them lovingly. I love 'em. One of my fall go-to's is a big baggy sweater, comfy leggings and soft boots. When I lived in Pennsylvania and it was always nasty and snowy and soggy out I loved wearing jeans with a skinnier leg and tucking them into my boots to keep from dragging wet pant-bottoms and hemlines around everywhere I went.

I NEVER have any idea what side of my body is doing anything. When I get cramping it usually either spreads across my whole abdomen or I feel it more in my back. When I was preg with DS was the only time I felt twinges or anything on a specific side. I guess some women are just way more in tune with their bodies, have stronger symptoms...or have super spidey-senses or something.:shrug:

I love pancakes too!! and i love making healthy alternatives to everything. coconut flour and almond flour are good alternatives and theres great receipes out there. i know i've made coconut flour and almond flour pancakes before and hubby actually LOVED them. or when i make waffles, i make them multigrain (whole wheat flour, oatmeal, bulgur wheat, cornmeal) so at least i'm getting the fiber in them. and if you can, (here i go on my healthy rants), stay away from "pancake syrup". buy real maple syrup, or use honey with chopped fruits on top of your pancakes to reduce the amount of added sugar to your breakfast.

Almond flour pancakes and multigrain waffles actually sound like really good options for us. I'm excited to try, because I just can't seem to stop wanting them. It's like the intensity of pregnancy cravings, with no sticky bean. I do go through phases though, where i develop food Obsessions...is that strange?

I KNOW that the syrup is so bad, and have also been thinking about how I could kill that. Honey sounds like a good choice, as well as fresh fruit. Right now my brain is dancing with images of Almond flour pancakes with honey and banana slices....YUMMMM.

I like cottage cheese and strawberries on my pancakes, not really a syrup fan. If you get syrup, buy the high quality stuff and just use a little - mix with some fruit.

I get food obsessions too - I think it's normal. I go through phases. I had a blondie phase. I had a frozen banana protein shake with chocolate chips phase. Lately it's been wraps (brown rice tortilla) with tomato, onions, spinach, and avocado and tuna or chicken. MMMMMM. I eat a lot of the same snacks every day though and totally look forward to them - 3 pm is yogurt time, I always have a hard boiled egg or two, fruit and carrot sticks, and my coffee with my trio bar in the morning. I'm a creature of habit.

That was a hard thing about being pregnant - none of that sounded good...none, and it was so sad because I LOVE them all so dearly. All I wanted was some incarnation of fried food, bad carbs, and a fat (like cheese or peanut butter). And it changed all the time - I was dying for chips and salsa, ate them for two days (even through heartburn) and then it was like I couldn't look at them again. I was so afraid of running out of things to eat that sounded good. LOL

I like cottage cheese and strawberries on my pancakes, not really a syrup fan. If you get syrup, buy the high quality stuff and just use a little - mix with some fruit.

I get food obsessions too - I think it's normal. I go through phases. I had a blondie phase. I had a frozen banana protein shake with chocolate chips phase. Lately it's been wraps (brown rice tortilla) with tomato, onions, spinach, and avocado and tuna or chicken. MMMMMM. I eat a lot of the same snacks every day though and totally look forward to them - 3 pm is yogurt time, I always have a hard boiled egg or two, fruit and carrot sticks, and my coffee with my trio bar in the morning. I'm a creature of habit.

That was a hard thing about being pregnant - none of that sounded good...none, and it was so sad because I LOVE them all so dearly. All I wanted was some incarnation of fried food, bad carbs, and a fat (like cheese or peanut butter). And it changed all the time - I was dying for chips and salsa, ate them for two days (even through heartburn) and then it was like I couldn't look at them again. I was so afraid of running out of things to eat that sounded good. LOL

I like cottage cheese as just a snack, just with salt and pepper if I am feeling inclined for a salty snack, with fruit if my sweet tooth takes overs.

I also really like plain white non-fat yogurt with fruit as breakfast or a snack, and I plop it on a baked sweet potato or in a wrap because I used to LOOOOVE sour cream and mayo, which are soooo bad. I made chicken salad last week with yogurt and slice carrot and onion. It was really tasty, I had it on whole grain flat bread, and it made a nice lunch.

All this talk of food is making me ravenous. I think I'm going to slice a cucumber and see if DS wants to share... I also have some whole grain tortilla shells, a big bag of spinach and some leftover boiled,shredded chicken...maybe I'll throw together some sort of baked Quesadilla...my tummy is totally growling.

When I was pregnant all I wanted was chips and salsa and mexican staples. Even with the worst heartburn of my life (everyone said it meant DS was gonna have LOTS of hair, lol) I shoveled it in my face. I also ate peanut butter on a daily basis, and tons of sweet potatoes. I gained probably 30 lbs more than I should have with the preg. I was lucky and most of it came off with stress after DS was born and while he was in the NICU, now I've become rather lax about my eating and sort of sedentary and I can feel all of my pants getting tight. WILL POWER!

AidensMama, yes I am currently taking clomid, along with the trigger shot to release the mature eggs. The clomid does have some not so awesome side effects, such as making you feel absolutely crazy, but we gotta do what we gotta do right? Lol
As for the progesterone affecting your cycle, I don't know, but they did give it me to help the thickening of the lining to help with implantation. Oddly enough, it's oral pills that they told me to use vaginally... Kinda weird if you ask me, but whatever I guess. Haha!

AidensMama, yes I am currently taking clomid, along with the trigger shot to release the mature eggs. The clomid does have some not so awesome side effects, such as making you feel absolutely crazy, but we gotta do what we gotta do right? Lol
As for the progesterone affecting your cycle, I don't know, but they did give it me to help the thickening of the lining to help with implantation. Oddly enough, it's oral pills that they told me to use vaginally... Kinda weird if you ask me, but whatever I guess. Haha!

It does sound sort of crazy to take oral meds vaginally, but like you said, whatever works.:thumbup:

I have heard that Clomid will make you feel a bit nutty, but again like you said, we gotta do what we gotta do.

I'm guessing the reason the progesterone helps thicken the lining is one: The increased hormones generally help your body get better suited to support implantation and pregnancy and two: (as far as I've read/heard) It can help lengthen the Luteal Phase, giving your lining more time to build, and the egg more time to implant.

We'll see what happens at my appointment and with the rest of this cycle, and try to stay positive that next cycle or a few after will be better, with the help of meds or not, depending on what the docs think I need to do. Either way I'm going to keep up with my b6 and if the doc doesnt prescribe any progesterone I might just order an OTC cream from the net.

I really hope your meds and everything help you get a big beautiful :bfp: soon ! I know we'd all love to celebrate with you! Tons and tons of good vibes and babydust! :dust:

Hell I'm confused... I'm still tryin to figure out the ovulation stuff.. I think I did twice this month LOL Mine shot all through my abdomen and the cramps OMG horrible.. Maybe I will have twins.. My boobs are huge already :haha: I'm ready to start peein on sticks already.. lol

Hope everyone gets their BFP this round.. It will be my birthday surprise in 2 weeks Yay..

Good Luck Ladies... Think positive and pee positive!!

I hope you get yours too! October is a good month! I feel it!

Do you have any idea on what's keeping you from getting pregnant? Or is that why you're going to the new dr now? It's all so frustrating sometimes!

Here is a non inverted that I cropped closer....I will try to PS where a line should be tomorrow.

today is busy, which is good I guess, so I was hoping to be able to catch back up at lunch but it looks like I'm gonna be doing all my catching up later tonight! :hugs:

Attachments

• 003_opt.jpg
    003_opt.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe