African or African-Americans TTC

Hello everyone!

I had an appointment today. Nothing special. I got my blood test results back from the NT screening. I got a 1/5000 chance of Down Syndrome and 1/9000 chance of Trisomy (sp) 8. So I'm very thankful for these results. Thanks for all the prayers.

glad that the results were good :)

christylove - I am soooo upset about your appointment! It just seems like you can't catch a break (sigh)! I hope you were at least able to reschedule for sometime in the near future.

CeeDee - Glad that things are progressing well with your pregnancy.

AFM: I found a new therapist today. My former therapist in NY had suggested I continue to see someone after I moved to VA since we were trying again - she felt a subsequent pregnancy would cause a lot of anxiety. I'm actually glad she made that recommendation - I feel a bit relieved already knowing I have someone I can talk to about all the TTC and pregnancy worries. Anyways - I'm glad I found a new Ob, and a new therapist all in one week...finally feels like things are falling into place

thank you i have reschululed for friday the 21th....:dohh: oh well.. i guess i'm on a 2ww:nope: ....

glad that you have a new therapist :) hope that she is as good as the 1 you have ;)

hi all :)

feeling a little better today :)
thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the well wishes.... i hope everyone has a blessed weekend,and that we get some more bfp soon ;)

Hi Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well and have a very happy Friday!

Christylove - ugh!! I'm so sorry you were unable to make your appointment. That sucks! Hopefully you'll get some really good news on the 21st. Keep us posted! Have a great weekend as well!!

Mrs.October - YAY!! I'm so happy you are adjusting well to the new spot: new job, new ob who is fabulous, and new therapist. You are getting off very well, doll!! I'm so happy for you! Very soon you'll have a new baby and things will be even more perfect! I hope you have a great weekend!

CeeDee - I'm so happy your scan/tests went well. YAY!! One less thing to worry about. Seems like your pregnancy is going very well and I pray it stays that way. Not that you have anything to worry about anyway....but a little prayer never hurts. You and baby will definitely be in my prayers! Keep up the good work! Have a great weekend!

Lilyrose - The dreaded 2WW huh? Well at least it always is from me...ugh! I hope yours good very well and fly by with a beautiful bfp!!! Good luck to you! FX!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

FutureMommie - I hope your cycles get back to normal. Hopefully the flow won't be for very long and you can get a surprised bfp :winkwink: your in my prayers, doll!! Have a wonderful weekend!

AFM - been having some O pains (I think) very sharp on the right side. Temp is going well, I hope. Took a dip on CD13 then came back up on CD14 then back down this morning. Hopefully I'm gearing up for O and I hope to release an egg soon. To all the chart stalkers please feel free to visit and give your opinion. Negative opk's so far with IC's. Last cycle I used digi's and got semi-pos on CD12,13, and 14 then neg on CD15. This cycle I've been getting faint lines since CD8 but they are getting darker so that's a good sign. Here's hoping O happens soon. So far we bd'ed on CD8,10,12,14 and we'll continue CD15,16,17,18,19 and 21. Let's hope I can keep up! OH is thrilled :rolleyes: I'll let him have his fun :winkwink:

Anyhoo, Have a great weekend everyone! Prayer for bfp's all around!!

Hey everybody it's been awhile. I have not had time to focus on ttc lately. I have been helping my mom alot with my stepfather who is dx with cancer which is spreading fast. It seems like all this came out of nowhere. It's really taken a toll on my mom. I know I won't get any bfp any time soon with all the added stress. I had my appt with the adoption agency, but i didn't know they get so personal. It was a little.....different. But I am going to take care Of my Mom first then focus on that. I will keep you all in my prayers and keep me in yours.

I thought my message was getting long but I wanted to say I hope everyone is having a good weekend and you hear good news soon:) christylove goodluck at your appt and I hope you are feeling better.

Completingus- sending prayers for you and your family. I totally understand that you haven't been able to focus on ttc. please pop in when you can.:hugs:

Completingus, So sorry to hear about your stepfather and mom. I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.

Completingus - I'm so sorry to hear about your stepfather. You and your family are in my prayers! :hugs:

Hey everybody it's been awhile. I have not had time to focus on ttc lately. I have been helping my mom alot with my stepfather who is dx with cancer which is spreading fast. It seems like all this came out of nowhere. It's really taken a toll on my mom. I know I won't get any bfp any time soon with all the added stress. I had my appt with the adoption agency, but i didn't know they get so personal. It was a little.....different. But I am going to take care Of my Mom first then focus on that. I will keep you all in my prayers and keep me in yours.

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR STEPFARTHER. I WILL KEEP YOUR FAMILY IN MY PRAYERS...... I AM GLAD THAT YOU ARE THERE FOR YOUR MOM :hugs::hugs:

Hello ladies! I pray all is well with everyone. I am sorry that I have been away. I've been doing me as my students say. Malcolm is well! He can walk while holding my hand and he is only 7 months! He is also about 20 lbs or more and has 2 teeth at the bottom:). My daughter is well and growing fast!

Afm, I had my first cycle in months due to taking my metformin. That's how I got preggo with Malcolm, using metformin so I am hoping for another BFP which will probably be my last. My days of raising little babies is coming to an end, lol but I want to give hubby his 3 kids.

We buried my grandma last Saturday and it has been tough just imagining her there. It seems so surreal. Time heals all though.

I'm praying that God continues to bless you all and hit men up on Facebook. I'm there all the time!

Kimberly McCoy Brown (it's a pic of me with with a boat in the background).

Love you all!

Completingus and Mrskcbrown, you and both of your families are in my prayers. I cannot imagine what you both are going through but I hope that you guys are able to find strength during this time.

CeeDee, thank you for the kind words. My chart finally updated and said I ovulated. Right now my temps have been steadily rising (high 98) but I also caught a cold from my students so I don't know :-/

I hope everyone else is okay and wishing you ladies all the best on your individual journeys!

Hey ladies - CD18 for me and still no signs of a smiley face on my digital OPK. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I missed my surge <sigh>. Hubby and I have been BD'ing frequently so hopefully we will catch the egg even if I don't catch O on my OPK.

completingus - I am so sorry to hear about all you're going throug, taking care of your family, TTC, and adoption is a whole lot. You will be in my prayers.

christylove - I'm glad you were able to reschedule your appt. for the near future.

Futuremommie - ugh - nothing is worse than when AF won't go away! Hope that things work themselves out soon.

hi guys I'm pretty new to this but I am ttc as well :) I'm 1dpo so I'm crossing my fingers and counting down the days until I can take a hpt and praying that I get a BFP!! until them ill be online lurking @everything pregnancy related! lol GL to u all!!

MrsKC glad you popped in, so sorry about your grandmother, it does get a little better with time, I promise! Sending hugs your way! I hope you get your bfp quickly!

Welcome lukylibra! You will love it here!

I hope you lovlies have had a fab weekend!

Welcome lukylibralisa!!

Mrs. October, that sounds like a good plan. I hope you catch that egg!

AFM, my temp dropped from 98.8 to 97.6 today (still above coverline though
).... :-( not loving that, but praying for the best!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Back to work we gooooo! :)

Beauty2, Christylove, & Msoct thankyou for your kind words and prayers. Msck I am sorry to here about your grandma you and your family are in my prayers. I hope you have lots of loved ones to lean on now. It is crazy to me how so many women can be feeling and going thru what I am. When I first learned it would be difficult for me to concieve I felt alone. Like no one else was going thru what I was. U can't tell you what all of you wonderful women support means to me. Thankyou:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->