April/spring babies 2013

Had Layla weighed today we are 1oz up on her birth weight so at least I know she's getting milk even with the tongue tie.

I keep reading posts but never reply lol
Kb hope lucy is here soon

Ahhh so cute! Awesome pics!

Sooo TMI we just dtd for the first time since birth and I was a Lil sore but other than that amazing!!

Jenny them pictures are so so cute :cloud9:
three days over due and still no signs, spent hours and hours bouncing on my ball yesterday and went walking around town for a good few hours too, didn't help at all, just made me ache alot and get extra sleepy :dohh: then DTD this morning to try and get things going, had one contraction that lasted about 30 seconds, but havent had any since. :nope: So i've gone on a cleaning mission around the house, hoovered my room three times :haha: really hope she's here soon. its weird, even though I want to go in labour, i still can't imagine me actually giving birth :haha:

Thanks doll, i dunno why but DJ is already guzzling 3oz :wacko: per feed and the midwife says if he drains the bottle to give more :shrug: he has been pretty sicky today projectile vomiting it up :wacko: any ideas what would make him do this? Also my milk seems to be reducing in the amount i can express :dohh: is there a way to increase the amount? I had a couple of days where i couldnt express on feeding time which may have put things out of wack but im struggling to produce enough for the feeds :cry:

Cherry, with your section how long did it take for you to be able to go out and about without it hurting? I went for a walk round the block with bubs, hubby and the dog and it hurt quite a bit and it was only a teeny walk :wacko: was so nice to get out though :flower:

Ahhh so cute! Awesome pics!

Sooo TMI we just dtd for the first time since birth and I was a Lil sore but other than that amazing!!

Good to know! I'm dreading doing that again! Only been two weeks so I won't be going there for at least another 4 weeks! X

Jenny them pictures are so so cute :cloud9:
three days over due and still no signs, spent hours and hours bouncing on my ball yesterday and went walking around town for a good few hours too, didn't help at all, just made me ache alot and get extra sleepy :dohh: then DTD this morning to try and get things going, had one contraction that lasted about 30 seconds, but havent had any since. :nope: So i've gone on a cleaning mission around the house, hoovered my room three times :haha: really hope she's here soon. its weird, even though I want to go in labour, i still can't imagine me actually giving birth :haha:

You poor thing! I really hope things happen soon! I had Bjorn the day after we DTD!
I couldn't imagine me giving birth either! I honestly couldn't see it happening and now when I think back to it it feels like a dream as if it never actually happened! You can do it! Xx

Thanks doll, i dunno why but DJ is already guzzling 3oz :wacko: per feed and the midwife says if he drains the bottle to give more :shrug: he has been pretty sicky today projectile vomiting it up :wacko: any ideas what would make him do this? Also my milk seems to be reducing in the amount i can express :dohh: is there a way to increase the amount? I had a couple of days where i couldnt express on feeding time which may have put things out of wack but im struggling to produce enough for the feeds :cry:

Cherry, with your section how long did it take for you to be able to go out and about without it hurting? I went for a walk round the block with bubs, hubby and the dog and it hurt quite a bit and it was only a teeny walk :wacko: was so nice to get out though :flower:

Hi samaderson! Not sure if I can help but my mw told me nettle tea is great for milk production!

I have never had a section but it took two weeks for me to not be sore and able to walk after the episiotomy so give it time. You have had major surgery. Xx

Jenny! Your pics are lovely! How adorable!
Afm I took Bjorn to the dr today for his 2 week check. The dr weighed him, he weighs 9.11 now was 8.11 this time last week! He has put on a lb in one week! The dr said that's amazing! He is a little fatty! Xx

Thanks Rooster, will send hubby out to pick up some nettle tea :thumbup: i am quite impatient LOL i think its worse at the minute cos of being stuck in that hospital room for so long, i felt so trapped but now im looking forward to getting out and about :happydance:

Go Bjorn putting on a pound in a week :happydance: was he feeding loads? DJ is just so hungry all the time :wacko: he had 4 oz at 4am today and by 6.30 he was crying for more :wacko: this kid just wont stop eating :haha:

Does he have wind? I know Layla will have a vomit if there is an air bubble trying to get out.
As for the milk more you feed/pump more you produce I got told every feed they are putting their order in for the next feed that's why in the breast they suckle at the end I guess the same will apply for pumping did you change nipple position? Sounds odd but when I pumped thought id finished moved nipple slightly up and got more out maybe worth a try??

Rooster wow 1lb in a week well done little dude but please slow down mummy has lots of clothes that you will grow out of far too quickly lol

Doll good to know but I'm def leaving it a good month yet lol

Well I had Layla weighed on Sunday we are 1oz up on birth weight so made up considering how tough it is sometimes feeding with tongue tie but we are at alder hey this afternoon getting look at :-(
We seem to be getting into a bit of a routine already which I'm loving we cluster feed from 6-10pm sleep till 3 have a feed then sleep till 7
Don't know how long it will last though esp if they cut her tie today

Thanks everyone.

I can't wait to dtd again lol, even had a rudey dream last night lol. No way I can risk it yet tho at 1 week post section.

Rooster wow 1lb in a week well done little dude but please slow down mummy has lots of clothes that you will grow out of far too quickly lol

Doll good to know but I'm def leaving it a good month yet lol

Well I had Layla weighed on Sunday we are 1oz up on birth weight so made up considering how tough it is sometimes feeding with tongue tie but we are at alder hey this afternoon getting look at :-(
We seem to be getting into a bit of a routine already which I'm loving we cluster feed from 6-10pm sleep till 3 have a feed then sleep till 7
Don't know how long it will last though esp if they cut her tie today

You have done a Great job getting her weight up as she is younger tied. Hope she is ok getting it cut. :hugs:

Yes he is outgrowing his clothes quickly. X

Thanks Rooster, will send hubby out to pick up some nettle tea :thumbup: i am quite impatient LOL i think its worse at the minute cos of being stuck in that hospital room for so long, i felt so trapped but now im looking forward to getting out and about :happydance:

Go Bjorn putting on a pound in a week :happydance: was he feeding loads? DJ is just so hungry all the time :wacko: he had 4 oz at 4am today and by 6.30 he was crying for more :wacko: this kid just wont stop eating :haha:

I'm only bf him but he loves it and the mw says I have a very healthy milk supply So I think I'm very lucky. Although bf is painful! X

Hi all,hope ur all doing well.

Fab pictures jenny:baby: and you made me laugh with the dream lol not had one for a while but did loads when pregnancy.:shrug:

Sm, DJ sounds like Tom with feeds:baby: I have started to give a little aptimil as well as breast as couldn't express as much.. Gonna try the nettle tea tho.

Kb hope little one arrives soon for you soon hon ur nearly there x

My oh has gone back to work today, gutted :cry:

Hope everyone else is doing ok, I'm planning to go for a walk with Tom first one by ourselves :) do some shopping I think.

My phone is def not going to recover so going to get a new one, I'm with three at the minute. Does anyone know of any offers on , I'm used to the iphone but don't know whether to have a change?

Better go whilst sun is still shining :thumbup:

SM: thats why we saw our doctor cause Elijah was guzzling 4-5 oz and vomiting it up. And the doc said their stomachs aren't big enough but they want to eat. So even though they are screaming for more you gotta hold off (1 hr or more) and have their tummy digest it and then give a bit more.

If he still wants more after 3-4 oz now we just give him the pacifier and he calms down in a matter of minutes. But hasn't vomited since we lowered the dose,

To produce more milk a lot of women have had success with mothers milk tea or fenugreek. Also to make your body produce more you want to pump/express every 2-3 hrs the first 8 weeks, more time in between tells your body to produce less= supply and demand.

Well all went well today and feeding feels so much better already she only cried when they were stopping the bleeding so glad I got it done and I didn't cry lol

Rah i think it might be wind, its so hard to burp him, he holds on to that wind like its gold LOL :dohh: ohh i never knew that about the suckling at the end or the moving the nips, will defo give it a go :thumbup: thanks hun :hugs: Glad all went well with Layla today and feeding is going well :flower: wow your routine sounds lovely :thumbup: DJ just seems to guzzle as much as possible every 2 hours these days, hard to keep up with the pumping!

Rooster you are lucky :flower: im gonna try a bf clinic next week, hoping to get DJ back on the boob and still express for hubbys night feeds :winkwink:

Apple, How did your walk go? Im a bit daunted by hubby going back to work :wacko: how did you get on? i have aptimil on stand by and im thinking hubby should use it for the 2am feed as i heard they sleep better/longer with formula :thumbup: i got a double pump today which helped as it got out an extra 1.5 oz to the single pump :thumbup:

Thanks Doll thats so helpful! Im taking notes :comp: i'll give the dummy a go too cos i dont want him thumb sucking :thumbup: i just ordered some fenugreek and mothers milk tea :thumbup: im defo going to be more strict with myself for expressing :thumbup: visitors might have to wait while i pop upstairs to express :wacko: it will be worth it though :thumbup:

And you will find once dj is back in the boob it will be easier as he will be able to get more than any pump can so your supply will keep going up

Well all went well today and feeding feels so much better already she only cried when they were stopping the bleeding so glad I got it done and I didn't cry lol

Well done mummy! Glad she is ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->