August Testing Thread!!! 41 testers so far...2 BFP's 1 angel!!!!

Updated!!! Welcome to all the new ladies joining us this month!!! :hi:

Just a question to get some of you ladies' opinion...I know its good to put a pillow underneath you after :sex: but how do you ladies feel about having the pillow underneath your lower back DURING :sex:....i find that if i try to move after bd'ing i lose a little sperm so if the pillow were already there it would be much easier lol and it makes the :sex: alot better too lol tmi srry....just wanted so see how you ladies felt about the idea?

We almost always do it with a pillow underneath if in missionary (designated sex pillows lol) we like it better that way lol

Heck yes! We BD with a pillow underneath this morning. :D I feel like its more comfortable, and more fun. Plus, then the little guys dont have to fight gravity!

Hello all! My husband and I have been trying to conceive since Feb of this year (this is our 5th cycle). I'm due for AF on August 14th but will most likely test on the 16th if it hasn't come by then. I started taken prenatals right away in Feb as well as using OPK's to get a better idea of what my cycles were like. This month I tried Soy isoflavones and I'm also charting my BBT. As far as bding goes, in previouse cycles we've tried at least every other day for the week before fertile week, then every day once I've gotten postive OPK for at least 2-3 days after (just in case). This cycle I'm almost wondering if I we should try waiting/saving up until I get the positive OPK in case something is wrong with his swimmers? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Updated!!! Welcome ladies, and thanks for the input, its just funner with the pillow :blush:

Hello ladies!

Please can you put me down for August 1st? AF is due around July 29th and I'm hoping to wait until at least the 30th to test, but even if I can't wait til August I'll be saving my digi til then to confirm anything earlier. I figured everyone in the July testing thread will have left by the time it's my turn right at the end of the month, and those threads already seem too full and not so welcoming of newbies!

Me & DH are both 30, started TTC in May when we got married. Intended to take the relaxed approach but on cycle two now and I'm now using OPKs, BBT, CM, charting, pre-seed, softcups, butt pillow, pre-natal vitamins for me & DH, grapefruit juice, less alcohol and no caffeine.

Good morning ladies. We have been trying to conceive over a year now. I was on 50 mg Clomid this month. Other than that, we are BD'ing every other day. I just got results from my cd 14 u/s and I have a follie in each ovary, one is 18.5 mm and the other 15.5 mm.

I'm going to be testing on or around Aug 9 if AF doesn't show up.

Good luck everyone! :dust:

Yay! Half way through my TWW. With how stressful this can get I try to celebrate the little things. :happydance: Now lets keep our fingers crossed I dont start spotting in the next couple days, which is never a good sign for me.

hey bubbles i just started drinking the grapefuit juice, eugh, it is horrible to drink but i am willing to try anything at the moment ha ha.

rebrandy i know the tww is the worst. im cd9 at the moment and going to relax tonight with a :wine: as once O occurs then i don't drink at all, just in case!

hey bubbles i just started drinking the grapefuit juice, eugh, it is horrible to drink but i am willing to try anything at the moment ha ha.

rebrandy i know the tww is the worst. im cd9 at the moment and going to relax tonight with a :wine: as once O occurs then i don't drink at all, just in case!

I'm lucky then coz I quite like it and drink it normally, must be awful if you don't like it! I'm willing to try anything too though, find myself eating and drinking all kinds of random stuff as soon as anyone says it is good for TTC!

I'm lucky then coz I quite like it and drink it normally, must be awful if you don't like it! I'm willing to try anything too though, find myself eating and drinking all kinds of random stuff as soon as anyone says it is good for TTC!

lol i know what you mean, if someone said that eating a cactus improved your chances then i would probably eat the thing whole. And then drink half a bottle of tequila for the pain ha ha

Can I join? I am still waiting to O, but hopefully it comes soon and I'll know my test date for sure. My guess is sometime around August 20th I'll be testing. I'll let you know if that date changes!

We have been TTC since Feb. We're on our 4th LONG cycle.
What we're doing: DH: less smoking/drinking, daily bee pollen, easy on the caffeine and soy. Me: Acupuncture, Chinese herbs, Prenatal Vitamins, easy on the alcohol, no caffeine, BBT charting, OPK tests, CM monitoring, yoga (to help with stress)

Oh, and a lot of BDing!

Hi, there. I'm jumping in!! :)

AF due August 13th. we are on cycle 2. i'm using CB opks, softcups, and preseed this month.

CD3 today. I will be testing August 25!

Just a question to get some of you ladies' opinion...I know its good to put a pillow underneath you after :sex: but how do you ladies feel about having the pillow underneath your lower back DURING :sex:....i find that if i try to move after bd'ing i lose a little sperm so if the pillow were already there it would be much easier lol and it makes the :sex: alot better too lol tmi srry....just wanted so see how you ladies felt about the idea?

I just tried this pillow business during sex yesterday and HOLY AWESOMENESS.

I haven't paid much attention to the post-sex steps since we have been TTC. I always get up after we are done and clean up, but I guess it makes sense to wait a bit to give the swimmers a good chance. I will definitively keep doing the pillow during and post sex for the next 2 weeks. it will surely make funny conversation with my husband about the fact that im laying down on an angle trying to get a baby in there hehehehe

Hi Ladies...

This is our first month TTC. I ovulated the 18th. Yesterday, 7 days post ovulation I started to feel very mild cramps, lots of cm and my breasts were getting sore. Now 8 days post ovulation, I am experiencing period symptoms...tired, cramping, less cm, sore breasts. I have a very accurate 28 days cycle...it's like clock work. I am bummed, I thought yesterday that I was experiencing implantation cramps but today I just think AF is going to come early. What would cause that? Has anyone ever felt like this and ended up with a BFP? Thanks for your help and insight!!

I just tried this pillow business during sex yesterday and HOLY AWESOMENESS.

I haven't paid much attention to the post-sex steps since we have been TTC. I always get up after we are done and clean up, but I guess it makes sense to wait a bit to give the swimmers a good chance. I will definitively keep doing the pillow during and post sex for the next 2 weeks. it will surely make funny conversation with my husband about the fact that im laying down on an angle trying to get a baby in there hehehehe

Sabster i will be honest you getting up after sex a NO-NO.....not moving sfter sex with your lower back elevated for at least 30 mins will help those swimmers fight gravity....I've even heard of some women doing hand-stands after sex lol

What I usually do is afterward i put a pillow under my lower back, and I do a kegel while crossing my legs and just squeezing the muscules in my thighs and pelvis while holding in that kegel and I can literally feel the sperm squeezing through my cervical opening

I know after sex it can be ikky and you wanna clean up but just stick it out because even though they are fast swimmers they die down when they have to fight gravity, they get worn out lol and they have a looooong journey to make so its best to make it easier for them to not have to fight that gravity by lying still for 30 mins after sex most of the time I dnt move all night and its best not to pee for 2 hours after (if you can hold it lol) hope this helped someone lol

AFM i have decided not to use OPK's this month, they stress me out, so im gnna rely on my body as the only tool i need to just check my CM and bd when we feel like it, we dnt want to make ttc a job and we want it to be fun not stressful so were just gnna slow it down take our time and relax and have fun :) we also started INSANITY this month!!!! OMG i got my a$$ kicked on the first day lol but hopefully the exercise will help regulate my cycles.....

That is my method this next cycle too if I do not get my BFP, I will try the leg crossing thing too.... good idea!

I'll be testing on my birthday August 6th 8-10 dpo! This is the first month in 47 months of ttc that I've had a glaring positive opk!!! Wish me luck.

Btw, anyone else have horrible pain in the lower back on one side when ovulating??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->