August Testing Thread!!! 41 testers so far...2 BFP's 1 angel!!!!

Btw, anyone else have horrible pain in the lower back on one side when ovulating??

I usually have pretty bad back pain when I ovulate on the left side, haven't noticed it on the right. I take some Tylenol and that helps

Btw, anyone else have horrible pain in the lower back on one side when ovulating??

I get bloated, similar to PMS and then I get a sharp pain from whichever ovary is releasing the egg. it feels like im being stabbed with a thin long needle through my lower abdomen through to my coxys. ( WOW, what a description) its quite painful, but I always know when im ovulating.

The lower back pain I get it as PMS. I already have trouble with my cyatic nerve ( im 27!) it gets pinched once in a while, but when I get my period, sometimes my legs feel SUPER numb. it sucks. But I do yoga now and I strech a lot so it helps :)

Quick question ladies,

Does anyone have a tilted uterus here?? My doctor mentioned it a couple of months ago, that mine was tilted backwards. Anyone else??
I read up on it and its not a big deal really, but you can have more miscarriages becasue of it.. My bf's gramma mentioned that she was told she wouldnt have kids because of it and she ended up having 6...

Quick question ladies,

Does anyone have a tilted uterus here?? My doctor mentioned it a couple of months ago, that mine was tilted backwards. Anyone else??
I read up on it and its not a big deal really, but you can have more miscarriages becasue of it.. My bf's gramma mentioned that she was told she wouldnt have kids because of it and she ended up having 6...

I've not had it confirmed but it's highly likely I have it as it runs in the family and my sister, mum and grandma all had it. My sister has been pregnant once, my mum had 3 kids and my grandma had 4 including twins. I've read a lot about it and don't think it's a big deal.

I usually have pretty bad back pain when I ovulate on the left side, haven't noticed it on the right. I take some Tylenol and that helps

Depending on what side I O, i get sharp pains and they usually occur at night. My most obvious O sign is that i get very very emotional, more so than when i get af? very strange?

2 nights ago at 7 dpo I felt really fast sharp stabbing pains in my tummy left side then at 8 dpo all I felt were tiny cramps and now I got this full feeling in my tummy as if there's a really firm balloon in there. I didn't spot so idk if that was implantation or what not.

2 nights ago at 7 dpo I felt really fast sharp stabbing pains in my tummy left side then at 8 dpo all I felt were tiny cramps and now I got this full feeling in my tummy as if there's a really firm balloon in there. I didn't spot so idk if that was implantation or what not.

Thats a good sign! I am having cramps too, 11DPO right now. I had some cramps this morning again, and couldn't stomach my usual morning shake. In fact I didnt even have appetite after that for a few hours. I am also getting really hot at night when usually I am piling the covers on. All good news I hope. I will test in 3 days, but maybe two...

Thats a good sign! I am having cramps too, 11DPO right now. I had some cramps this morning again, and couldn't stomach my usual morning shake. In fact I didnt even have appetite after that for a few hours. I am also getting really hot at night when usually I am piling the covers on. All good news I hope. I will test in 3 days, but maybe two...

I hope it was implantation!! I wish I lost my appetite I used to only eat when ever my boyfriend got off work and that's when id cook dinner and occasionally if have a snack but now is like if I don't eat something right away when I get up my stomach hurts so bad and I get nauseous I couldn't even take a nap this morning I had to make my boyfriend come home early and take me to get McDonalds..I hope this is pregnancy out I'm gonna start gaining massive weight with this appetite and not even have an excuse for it. Baby dust to every one 5 more days lets get done BFP going!!!!

Hey ladies! I have a few questions and thought you might be able to help me out:

1. Have any of you ever ovulated (with temp drop and raise) but still had negative OPKs?
-I did skip one day testing, but that would be crazy if the ONE day I missed testing was the time I O, right?!

2. Does drinking alcohol effect your temps? What about When you ovulate?
-I've been a bit down and had two *fun* nights of boozing a bit heavy (I pretty much stopped 100% when we started TTC) and have some crazy temps (or I finally Ovulated...)

3. Am I crazy for getting drunk and getting sad over this whole TTC thing? It's driving me nuts! I am thisclose to just giving up.

I have no idea about the first 2 questions I debate when I ovulate due to my cm and the feel of my cervix but I do know that drinking alcohol anytime during ttc could affect your success with conceiving idk how I didn't ever look up why cause my boyfriend don't drink so I haven't had a drink in 4 months and never planned on drinking again cause I was ttc and didn't want anything bad to happen in case I ever was pregnant.

Well I started spotting today 9dpo, a couple bright red spots when I wipe but nothing actually coming out. Which is unusual before AF. I do spot sometimes but it is usually dark dark red or brown. Figuring I am out for this cycle but my temps are still up so its not AF yet..... Oh and my breast are still very sore and swollen.

I will be testing on August 13th. AF according to my calendar is scheduled to arrive on August 12th. Should I test on August 13th or another week after that?

Updated!!! Welcome to all the new ladies joining us this month!!! :hi:

Just a question to get some of you ladies' opinion...I know its good to put a pillow underneath you after :sex: but how do you ladies feel about having the pillow underneath your lower back DURING :sex:....i find that if i try to move after bd'ing i lose a little sperm so if the pillow were already there it would be much easier lol and it makes the :sex: alot better too lol tmi srry....just wanted so see how you ladies felt about the idea?

I just tried this pillow business during sex yesterday and HOLY AWESOMENESS.

I haven't paid much attention to the post-sex steps since we have been TTC. I always get up after we are done and clean up, but I guess it makes sense to wait a bit to give the swimmers a good chance. I will definitively keep doing the pillow during and post sex for the next 2 weeks. it will surely make funny conversation with my husband about the fact that im laying down on an angle trying to get a baby in there hehehehe

Sabster i will be honest you getting up after sex a NO-NO.....not moving sfter sex with your lower back elevated for at least 30 mins will help those swimmers fight gravity....I've even heard of some women doing hand-stands after sex lol

What I usually do is afterward i put a pillow under my lower back, and I do a kegel while crossing my legs and just squeezing the muscules in my thighs and pelvis while holding in that kegel and I can literally feel the sperm squeezing through my cervical opening

I know after sex it can be ikky and you wanna clean up but just stick it out because even though they are fast swimmers they die down when they have to fight gravity, they get worn out lol and they have a looooong journey to make so its best to make it easier for them to not have to fight that gravity by lying still for 30 mins after sex most of the time I dnt move all night and its best not to pee for 2 hours after (if you can hold it lol) hope this helped someone lol

AFM i have decided not to use OPK's this month, they stress me out, so im gnna rely on my body as the only tool i need to just check my CM and bd when we feel like it, we dnt want to make ttc a job and we want it to be fun not stressful so were just gnna slow it down take our time and relax and have fun :) we also started INSANITY this month!!!! OMG i got my a$$ kicked on the first day lol but hopefully the exercise will help regulate my cycles.....

Thank you for your comment and advice1 Ive been trying it for the past couple of days and I got used to it. Plus my man sticks around and we have funny conversations. :) I am in my pre ovulation days!! I should ovulate tomorrow so we are trying or best for this to work this month :):)

Your cycles are not regular? I think that exercise definitively helps! ive been doing a bit... but I have to get on top of it more! wil lsign up for gym soon I hope.

Well I started spotting today 9dpo, a couple bright red spots when I wipe but nothing actually coming out. Which is unusual before AF. I do spot sometimes but it is usually dark dark red or brown. Figuring I am out for this cycle but my temps are still up so its not AF yet..... Oh and my breast are still very sore and swollen.

that could be ib hun. when implantation happens usually 6dpo-11dpo the egg implants then sometimes spotting can occur two days later. fx and good luck hun :dust:

Hey ladies! I have a few questions and thought you might be able to help me out:

1. Have any of you ever ovulated (with temp drop and raise) but still had negative OPKs?
-I did skip one day testing, but that would be crazy if the ONE day I missed testing was the time I O, right?!

-I've been a bit down and had two *fun* nights of boozing a bit heavy (I pretty much stopped 100% when we started TTC) and have some crazy temps (or I finally Ovulated...)

3. Am I crazy for getting drunk and getting sad over this whole TTC thing? It's driving me nuts! I am thisclose to just giving up.

No answers for the first two questions but i dont think that you should feel bad about the drinking.. specially if you do it in moderation. Ive been TTC for the same time as you and yes, I have had 2 wicked hangovers, but other than that Ive been drinking extremely moderatly and mostly wine since i dont want to touch any hard liquor ( I love my gin though!)

if you stop 100% right away, then it can create stress and that's no good for TTC either ;)

PS: Please dont give up! youve been TTC for 4 cycles !! it takes on average anywhere from 1 cycle to 12 cycles to conceive :):)

Hi, thanks for creating the thread. If my O day was on Friday, my test date is also Aug. 15, I have been ttc for 14 months. I'm not taking any meds and I'm not avoiding certain foods. When possible, I'm trying to remember to eat healther.

TTC Buddies welcome to PM.

Thanks.

The eating healthy part is soooo hard I went out and bout a bunch of healthy stuff for this month and it lasted a couple weeks but now all I want to do is eat out I'm 11 dpo testing in 3-4 days!!

No answers for the first two questions but i dont think that you should feel bad about the drinking.. specially if you do it in moderation. Ive been TTC for the same time as you and yes, I have had 2 wicked hangovers, but other than that Ive been drinking extremely moderatly and mostly wine since i dont want to touch any hard liquor ( I love my gin though!)

if you stop 100% right away, then it can create stress and that's no good for TTC either ;)

PS: Please dont give up! youve been TTC for 4 cycles !! it takes on average anywhere from 1 cycle to 12 cycles to conceive :):)

Thank you! After 2 nights of drinking (it wasn't even that heavy, I'm just such a light weight now that I rarely drink that 4 beers got me DRUNK!) I'm back on the wagon and feeling a bit more positive and up beat about this whole thing.

What really gets me down is how LONG this cycle has been going on for. I def didn't O, I think I had a raise in temp from drinking the night before. I also am thinking about stopping OPK testing. I'm all out, and they are expensive, and as long as we BD at least every other night, we should hit it at the right time. CD 37 over here and no O. Boo! Going back to acupuncture and see if my Dr. can get something moving in there.

Hi girls, add me to the list I will be testing on Aug 10.

Fingers crossed for ces2008, Megan1986, Bubbles82, who are testing tomorrow~ :dust:

1. yes, I was missing my surge for the longest time, mainly because I was taking the opks late in the afternoon. Last cycle I started taking them 3 times a day (8am, 12noon, and later in the day) and turns out I'm a morning surge type of girl, my surge comes really early in the morning and by evening it could be gone.
The day you missed testing it could be your O day, It happened to me countless times, to the point I was crying my eyes out I thought I was not ovulating (despite FF saying I was from bbt)

2. Alcohol drops your temps, it is a fact.
The fact that alcohol actually lowers the temperature of the body was first announced by Sir B. Ward Richardson in 1866 to the British Association. His observations showed a fall of temperature ranging from three-quarters of a degree (F.) to 3 degrees, the depression persisting not merely for minutes or hours, but even for days. Various observers have since found that ordinary quantities of alcohol taken as a beverage depress the temperature of the body, usually by less than half a degree in healthy men; but large doses may cause a fall of five or six degrees.

Read more: https://chestofbooks.com/food/bever...ct-On-The-Body-Temperature.html#ixzz225aZDPO9
https://chestofbooks.com/food/beverages/Alcohol-Properties/Effect-On-The-Body-Temperature.html

3. I have a few drinks during AF, sometimes we just need it, although I wouldn't get pissed or anything. TTC can make you obsessed and nuts.
Personally I decided to talk about it more with DH and sharing took away many of my fears. I was alone on this charting thing, and I had no one to talk to (except BB haha) and yesterday I talked about it with him and it was a big relief. We watched some videos on fertility and charting together and even cracked a few jokes about it. At first I thought he would be totally put off (gory details and too scientific), but in fact he was interested and he said it was good to know all that stuff. He naturally didn't know about the fertility window and now he does, and promised to make an extra effort.

:happydance:

The eating healthy part is soooo hard I went out and bout a bunch of healthy stuff for this month and it lasted a couple weeks but now all I want to do is eat out I'm 11 dpo testing in 3-4 days!!

I think i tried eating super healthy for a week. it was the hardest thing ever, i just craved more and more crap. So now i have a healthy balance. If i feel like a chocolate bar (which is rarely) i'll have one, but mostly eat healthish meals. My dh just eats what is put in front of him so thats good, although he snacks like its going out of fashion. lol.

Ps good luck and i hope you get your :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->