**FeBrUaRy TeStInG tHrEaD** 7 BFP'S

AF leaving today. So excited to get this month moving!

LOTS of luck and babydust! BD as much as you can before and after OV and have fun! My Dr just told me how important it is to still have fun with it as you are more relaxed and those little guys swim faster to baby making land! :haha: he is rather funny!

Hey ladies...I'm going to be offline for this month (schedule is crazy!). Advance congrats to all the BFPs...advanced hugs for all who will try another month.

Is everyone temping and doing opks this month? I only ask because hubby and I just plan on bding from tmrw through expected o time and a couple more on the other side just in case it's late :haha: and also just monitoring cm. I kind want to have a few things up my sleeve if it doesn't happen easily after a few months?? We plan on keeping the romance alive Otherwise really would be just going at it like :bunny: :haha: :haha: :haha:

This is our 4th cycle ttc #1, going to use OPK's (which I used last month as well, but don't think I did it very well) and temping for the first time. I'm so confused with the OPK's though, some say use fmu while other don't. It's definately easier for me to use fmu so I am consistant. What are peoples opinons, is this ok?

They say your LH level peaks in the afternoon which is why most tests suggest not to use fmu, since it may be to early in the day to detect it. However I have heard that some do, like the Target brand OPK's apparently do say to use fmu, maybe try that brand to get accurate results if it is easiest for you to test in the morning. I am new to OPK's this month too and have been asking a lot of questions on here about them. Also when you get close to your O, they suggest using one every 12 hours so you don't miss your window.

No positives yet on my OPK's but should be getting close to O so let the BDing begin!! :winkwink:

FX that this month is the lucky one!!! :baby:

This is my first month temping and using FF... before I had any temps entered it set my O date for the 21st, which is what my other tracker was predicting too. But then on CD 8 it updated it to the 19th... still too early for the crosshairs... why would it have changed it? Is it basing it off of some trend in my temps that I don't see?

Either way we are getting close to my O so we have started BD every other day and once (if) I get a positive OPK I think we will BD 3 days in a row then back to every other just in case it comes late. Does that sound reasonable? I've heard it's best to do every other day for best :spermy: and then once getting a positive OPK to :sex: 3 days in a row to try and catch that egg. Since OPK's give you a couple day window.

I wanted to stop by and wish you all GL!! I can't wait to see all of your BFP's show up!

Thanks for organizing the Feb. thread, tulip11.
Just got a pos. OPK yesterday, so you can put me down for Feb. 1!

Do OPK's results stay the same after the "10 min window"?

I'm thinking I could set my alarm for 3am take my temp, then poas (since I always have to go around that time and can't hold it till I get up for work) and go back to bed and check the results at 5:30 when I get up of work.

I would just hate to have to sit in the bathroom for up to 10 mins to get my test results... it will make falling back to sleep harder the longer I stay up. Would the results change color after an hour and a half and not be accurate?

That way when I get home at 3pm from work it will have been 12 hours cuz I think I like the idea of using an OPK every 12 to make sure I don't miss my window.

I think the window for ovulation after an LH surge is 4 hours for it to show in your urine and 12-24 before ovulation. So the OPK positive (if my early morning math is right) would be 8-20 hours pre-ovulation. Someone correct me, if you've seen different ranges.

This is my first month temping and using FF... before I had any temps entered it set my O date for the 21st, which is what my other tracker was predicting too. But then on CD 8 it updated it to the 19th... still too early for the crosshairs... why would it have changed it? Is it basing it off of some trend in my temps that I don't see?

Either way we are getting close to my O so we have started BD every other day and once (if) I get a positive OPK I think we will BD 3 days in a row then back to every other just in case it comes late. Does that sound reasonable? I've heard it's best to do every other day for best :spermy: and then once getting a positive OPK to :sex: 3 days in a row to try and catch that egg. Since OPK's give you a couple day window.

The O date is estimated, since you didn't have previous cycle dates. Mine used to be estimated at day 14, because of my 28 day cycle and now that I have a previous ovulatory cycle on CD 20, it's estimating CD 20 for this one. It will also "reschedule" your anticipated period date, after ovulation, based on average LP length, until it knows what yours is.

That's not too bad, I may just take it back to bed with me let it finish on my nightstand so I don't have to stand in the bathroom.

I think I finally have my new routine figured out!! Thanks for the help!

My husband has it so easy! I know I don't HAVE to do all this stuff...but if it gets me my BFP faster it will be worth it! :thumbup:

I wait out the 5 minutes, then add it to my collection for this cycle, as I still don't know if I'll ever see a real positive. You are very welcome, I'm still only a few cycles in to this, but also know what a big difference the information gained each cycle has made!

And yes, the guys appear to have it easy. I was joking with an offline friend of mine, also ttc, that they seem to have it made, because we do tons of work and cannot (in good conscience) refuse them. At the same time, they get TIRED. Last cycle, no complaining from my dear husband, but he did express relief when he got to take a few days off!

That's not too bad, I may just take it back to bed with me let it finish on my nightstand so I don't have to stand in the bathroom.

I think I finally have my new routine figured out!! Thanks for the help!

My husband has it so easy! I know I don't HAVE to do all this stuff...but if it gets me my BFP faster it will be worth it! :thumbup:

I wait out the 5 minutes, then add it to my collection for this cycle, as I still don't know if I'll ever see a real positive. You are very welcome, I'm still only a few cycles in to this, but also know what a big difference the information gained each cycle has made!

And yes, the guys appear to have it easy. I was joking with an offline friend of mine, also ttc, that they seem to have it made, because we do tons of work and cannot (in good conscience) refuse them. At the same time, they get TIRED. Last cycle, no complaining from my dear husband, but he did express relief when he got to take a few days off!

Hahaha...mine did too! We had lots of fun but once I was past my most fertile time he was ready for a break! I told him to rest up last week while AF was here so he should be good to go this weekend :winkwink:

Sooo... I had a chart stalker on another thread suggest that I still haven't ovulated :dohh: she said my temps are really low for post-o. I had 2 Lh surges so of course it's possible I didn't o on either of them but I'm on cd44! If my temp spike was due to ovulation then I'm only 1-2dpo (yesterday I slept in really late so probably can't trust it). So if that's the case I guess I'm testing in the beginning of February after I move

Sooo... I had a chart stalker on another thread suggest that I still haven't ovulated :dohh: she said my temps are really low for post-o. I had 2 Lh surges so of course it's possible I didn't o on either of them but I'm on cd44! If my temp spike was due to ovulation then I'm only 1-2dpo (yesterday I slept in really late so probably can't trust it). So if that's the case I guess I'm testing in the beginning of February after I move

I was just about to say your recent temp spike (o around CD 42) looked promising. Do you have a coverline from a previous cycle to reference? The actual number changes, but not too much (i.e. mine was 97.55 last cycle and all this cycle so far, temps are below that and that's good, because I'm still pre-o this time). It's hard to say if someone's temps are "too low to be post-o," unless you can reference their "normal" as we all know that's different for everyone!

This is my first time ttc and my first time temping so I have no idea :shrug: guess I will ride it out a little longer

Is everyone temping and doing opks this month? I only ask because hubby and I just plan on bding from tmrw through expected o time and a couple more on the other side just in case it's late :haha: and also just monitoring cm. I kind want to have a few things up my sleeve if it doesn't happen easily after a few months?? We plan on keeping the romance alive Otherwise really would be just going at it like :bunny: :haha: :haha: :haha:

This is our 4th cycle ttc #1, going to use OPK's (which I used last month as well, but don't think I did it very well) and temping for the first time. I'm so confused with the OPK's though, some say use fmu while other don't. It's definately easier for me to use fmu so I am consistant. What are peoples opinons, is this ok?

They say your LH level peaks in the afternoon which is why most tests suggest not to use fmu, since it may be to early in the day to detect it. However I have heard that some do, like the Target brand OPK's apparently do say to use fmu, maybe try that brand to get accurate results if it is easiest for you to test in the morning. I am new to OPK's this month too and have been asking a lot of questions on here about them. Also when you get close to your O, they suggest using one every 12 hours so you don't miss your window.

Thanks for the info. That makes sense then. I'm in Australia, I'm assuming your from the US? Our target is different from yours, don't think they have opk's but I could be wrong. Might check it out. Here I have to pay $20 for 7 opk's its so expensive. Don't know if I can afford to test twice a day :wacko:

I'm in Australia so I'm not sure we would have the same opks here but I'd be interested to know this too for future ref when we give up on the crazy :sex: schedule we are doing for our first few cycles... :haha: still enjoying it tho and hubby is still pro this too (cant possibly understand why :haha:)for a few months at least... We may start opks April if no :bfp: by then... So would be good to know if there are any Aussies in this thread too....

Mummabee lol the rabbit is hilarious! We are temping and cm watching but we are planning on only bding around o too. Mainly because it got a bit much bding so much last month that steam ran out by o! Fortunately I seem to o on cd20 so we know when thankfully. How long have u been ttc?

Thanks Hun :flower: it's really only our first official month I guess we're just hoping for a miracle lol! I am worried we will run out of steam :shrug: but I o all over the place so it's too difficult to just go by cm and fertility tracker alone? But I mean we've only just over the past 3 months been ntnp this is the first cycle actively aiming at conceiving so I just want to give it a red hot go :haha: how long have you been trying? Do you plan on using opks? GL :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: for you sweet I hope it's your month!! :hugs:

Gl for ur first official month :thumbup: this is lucky number 10 ttc months for us. I've been charting since July and each month I seem to o the same and cm confirms so I don't seem to need opks thankfully as it keeps the cost down a little :winkwink: yeh we're taking it steady this month and saving up for o week! Fx and :dust: for u too :hugs:

Hi Friends!

I am off to the Gynie at 11:15 (South African time) I am nervous as hell and dread hearing him wanting to do yet another laparoscopy... I have had incredible pain on my left the last two days and AF is over 3 weeks late... I am hoping to just get Provera to bring AF on again...

I will post the results as soon as I am back it is now 09:12am two hours to go! :(
DH always comes with as I am usually emotional when I go here due to my previous appointments. I had a lapscope done on me last year Feb, the DR then accidentally punctured my colon and then they had to operate on my colon too... a 40min laparoscopy turned into a 3 hour operation, double anesthetics and 3 days in hospital and on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. So you can imagine my fear... :nope: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh that sounds awful. Like others have said try and stay positive and think of it as a step closer. Please tell us about it when ur bk and we'll be here with virtual hugs :hugs:- see bet u feel better already :haha:

This is my first time ttc and my first time temping so I have no idea :shrug: guess I will ride it out a little longer

This is only my second temping, but if you have to have another cycle, you'll be grateful for the extra information on yourself. I'm really glad to have reference points this time around, as I felt a lot like you do now last month! It gets better, I swear!

Hi Friends!

I am off to the Gynie at 11:15 (South African time) I am nervous as hell and dread hearing him wanting to do yet another laparoscopy... I have had incredible pain on my left the last two days and AF is over 3 weeks late... I am hoping to just get Provera to bring AF on again...

I will post the results as soon as I am back it is now 09:12am two hours to go! :(
DH always comes with as I am usually emotional when I go here due to my previous appointments. I had a lapscope done on me last year Feb, the DR then accidentally punctured my colon and then they had to operate on my colon too... a 40min laparoscopy turned into a 3 hour operation, double anesthetics and 3 days in hospital and on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. So you can imagine my fear... :nope: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh that sounds awful. Like others have said try and stay positive and think of it as a step closer. Please tell us about it when ur bk and we'll be here with virtual hugs :hugs:- see bet u feel better already :haha:

Oops! Should have caught up on all of the thread before responding - so glad that it went well though :flower:

Can I join? I should be testing around the 15th! Been TTC for two years, need all the baby dust I can get! Started my first round of Clomid this month, very anxious to see how this goes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->