*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Not feeling great today. The baby slept in our bed last night and with my insomnia and a tiny person kicking me, I'm now very tired. Did some more research and it seems that my insurance will cover a new breast pump, so I will be calling them to find out which ones they cover so I can research and decide which one I want.

Let me know which one you decide to use. I am really new to all of this and would LOVE some advice :hugs:.

I bf my daughter for 18 months. I found pumping a pain in the bum and just used a cloth when I went out. It depends how you feel about feeding in public and not being able to share the feeds. It did really tie me down and was hard work to start but once it gets easy it gets REALLY easy! No making bottles/sterilising etc.

Maybe start off with the boob and see how you get on then worry about pumping later? But whatever you decide it will be fine! Babies just want a happy mummy x

I am only going to use the pump to go out in public. I do not feel comfortable bf in public. I really just want some advice on what to buy. There are so many choices and I want to make sure I get t he right one.

Is anyone else getting shortness of breath? I'm finding myself having to catch my breath and I can feel my heart beating sometimes, it's like it's popping out of my chest, I know this sounds so strange but it's so hard to explain. I thought we only got breathless in later pregnancy :nope:

I've made an appointment with the doctor at 4pm this afternoon just to make sure everything is ok. X

I am only going to use the pump to go out in public. I do not feel comfortable bf in public. I really just want some advice on what to buy.

The medela electric pump is supposed to be the bees knees :) (What a weird phrase haha)

Is anyone else getting shortness of breath? I'm finding myself having to catch my breath and I can feel my heart beating sometimes, it's like it's popping out of my chest, I know this sounds so strange but it's so hard to explain. I thought we only got breathless in later pregnancy :nope:

I've made an appointment with the doctor at 4pm this afternoon just to make sure everything is ok. X

Yeah I was shocked at how 'unfit' I feel already! I guess its hormones?!

I am only going to use the pump to go out in public. I do not feel comfortable bf in public. I really just want some advice on what to buy.

The medela electric pump is supposed to be the bees knees :) (What a weird phrase haha)

Oh wow really? Thanks so much! How do you store the milk that you pump? Also, how would you store it when you take it out in public?

Yeah I was shocked at how 'unfit' I feel already! I guess its hormones?!

I'm not sure, it's quite frightening really. Best to get myself checked over :)

It's usually pretty normal. Your body is pumping a lot of blood faster than normal. It's pregnancy for ya. Body is working so hard for you and LO! Don't stress :)

Oh wow really? Thanks so much! How do you store the milk that you pump? Also, how would you store it when you take it out in public?

You attach a bottle to the pump and store it in there, take it out with you.

You can also freeze milk! I think you can get special bags to put it in :)

I loved breast feeding. Besides pregnancy it made me feel like an amazingly beautiful woman. :)

The medela electric pump is amazing. Just found out that insurance covers a new one since my model is from 2006. >.<

I stored it in freezer sealed baggies so when I worked the sitter or DH had lots of milk to use. Some now attach to bottles an. Some you have to pour into the bottle. It's a matter of shopping around to what suits your needs best. I can't wait to see all the amazing upgrades 'they' made since my youngest is now 6!!!

My heart races uncontrollably as well. I worried about it at first since I have hypotension and that was an oddity for me. But all is normal in the crazy land of pregnancy! But always get it checked if unsure!!!

Happy Monday Ladies!!! I hope the day brings you nothing but Joy!!!

Kiwiberry - My insurance company provided a Medela Purely Yours with my first two and I *loved* it. It worked so so well for me.

I was not a public nurser either so it was a God send :winkwink:

When I'd pump I'd store in bags in the freezer. If I knew I was headed out I'd pull a couple bags out to thaw for the following day. Always kept a few in the fridge but most of my stash was kept frozen. My pump came with bottles and a cooler/thermal carrying bag so I'd throw either the bags in there or if I was really on top of things I'd prep the bottles before I left. My kids drank it warmed or chilled, they really didn't care. If your peanut prefers warm I'd leave it in the bags in a thermal bag with an ice pack and just heat by running warm water over the bag before you'd empty into a bottle and feed. That's also how I handled my bf-ing daycare babies.

I largely followed LLL guidelines for storage:
https://www.llli.org/faq/milkstorage.html
Pumped bm is good:
"•at room temperature (66-78°F, 19-26°C) for 4 hours (ideal), up to 6 hours (acceptable) (Some sources use 8 hours)
•in a refrigerator (<39°F, <4°C) for 72 hours (ideal), up to 8 days (acceptable if collected in a very clean, careful way)

•in a freezer (-0.4 to -4°F, -18 to -20°C) for 6 months (ideal) up to 12 months (acceptable)"

It's usually pretty normal. Your body is pumping a lot of blood faster than normal. It's pregnancy for ya. Body is working so hard for you and LO! Don't stress :)

I agree with thosevibes, feeling short of breath is very normal. In early pregnancy it has to do with rising progesterone levels :flower:

Thanks ladies I will let you know what the doc says anyway :)

Good luck Hun x how's the sickness today? Xx

It's coming and going in waves today but for the firs time in a week or so I had such a big appetite at dinner and I stuffed my face with Gregg's haha. I'm just so tired though all I want to do is sleep. Xx

Now I think I'm done taking tests. 72 hours and still positive! So that's a good sign I think. (These pics are unedited I edited the ones I've shown to make the + pop out more... So yeah hehe)

Now just to get my levels checked :)

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    306.8 KB · Views: 12
Hey my jellybellies!

Just left the high risk ob.

He told me it won't hurt to kerp taking my progesyerone/baby aspirin regimen.

Also I am measuring 6w4days, so on target. He said numbers look great and since he sees a nice strong hb they won't do any more bloods.

I go back to see him in four weeks. But go see,my NP in two weeks, unless I panic and go in next week. Lol. 7 weeks 4 days furthest I ever made it so...

I pray everyday. Anyway, wanted to update

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->