*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Any advice from anyone that has medicare or knows anything about it would be so awesome!
QUOTE]

I think it's got to vary from state to state based on what you're experiencing.

Granted I had my first two nearly 10 and 11 years ago now, my ex-husband and I being young had a pretty limited income. Based on that alone I qualified for Medicare as soon as pregnancy was confirmed and got to choose a plan that we thought would suit us best out of maybe a half dozen (I chose UCare based on what I had read it offered pregnant women in particular). From acceptance to 6 weeks post partum everything was covered including delivery and then each of my kids automatically qualified for the first two years of their lives. We didn't need it for that long as he eventually qualified for coverage through work, but when he was laid off, off and on (union automotive work) they would jump back in and cover the kids 100% during those gaps.

It was super easy, just forms filled out for and sent in to the county and approval took less than a week. I had already seen a doctor and had an early scan by the time we got the approval but it covered up to two months care retroactive. Under it not only was all my prenatal care covered but prenatal vitamins, labor and delivery, post partum home visits, lactation consultant visits, breast pump and even car seats.

I'm not sure if things have changed that much (my husband has phenomenal private coverage so I have nothing to compare to here), or if your state is just tougher to deal with than others.

If you don't qualify is it possible you can just get set up on a payment plan? None of our infertility treatments were covered by insurance so everything we did pre-IVF (which had to be prepaid in full) our clinic put all together and we pay $200 a month towards. As long as you're paying something on your balance I can't imagine a clinic not being willing to work with you. The plus side is that paying cash they do give us discounts. I'd ask about that too if it comes down to that.

They didn't tell me if they checked estrogen and progesteron.

I'd bug them about that asap.

Some clinics have different standards. For some any hcg level over 10 is considered positive, for others it's up to 25 but I've never heard anything higher than that. At 33 you'd most assuredly be considered positive for pregnancy and those two levels should have been checked.

If they ran them, those levels may be the key to why your doc had the opinion they did.

Your rise is great though. I can't imagine a doc poo pooing a pregnancy on those numbers alone.

I feel awful today!! Nausea has def kicked in. I'm pretty sure I have the flu in top of it, dh out of town til Fri and I'm supposed to be helping my sister with a garage sale. Normally I get to sleep a bit later as dh usually takes the older 3 to school in the am, but its up early for me everyday. I don't sleep well anyway, so this week should be interesting.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

sorry to hear you're feeling badly:(. And with a busy week ahead of you! I've been reluctant to commit and make plans with people because how I feel fluctuates so much!!

Ladies! My level went from 11 to 30 in a little less than 48 hours.

My ER ob says it's not a good number?? And to follow up with my midwife tomorrow. Sent me home with "Complete Miscarriage"

I've only had one time where I was spotting and it was only a few drops. And my levels went up.... Does he not want me to get my hopes up or am I missing something? I thought that change was good.

how far along are you? I thought hcg numbers could be pretty low in the first weeks of pregnancy. And yours are doubling which is a good sign!

as for me, I feel good today. Yesterday, I felt terrible. Sooooo tired, no appetite most of the day, dizzy, and nausea. I seem to be on an every other day rotation. I have one day of feeling really good, then one day of feeling crappy and it alternates. Anyone else?? Maybe its because the hcg doubles every couple days?

Not feeling great today. The baby slept in our bed last night and with my insomnia and a tiny person kicking me, I'm now very tired. Did some more research and it seems that my insurance will cover a new breast pump, so I will be calling them to find out which ones they cover so I can research and decide which one I want.

Let me know which one you decide to use. I am really new to all of this and would LOVE some advice :hugs:.

I used a medela with my first and it worked great. It's getting old and I want a newer one. I plan on calling the insurance after my appointment next Wednesday to see which ones they will cover. Then I'll research and call my lactation consultant to see what they recommend. I'll keep you posted. Breast feeding is time consuming and difficult at first, but the bond you have is so worth it.

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is doing good! Welcome to those with BFP. If you're struggling just hold on. We never know what is just over the next hill.
As for me, today was rough- my boss warned me before even walking in work today not to go in the kitchen as a drain was clogged and smelled horrible. Then attitudes and it being Monday didn't help. I still haven't felt good all day. On and off nausea, cramps(GI issues), cooked supper but couldn't eat, whiny baby, etc. Warm bath and bed are on my agenda. I still have to clean the house and pack for my 2day trip, study for a leadership test, come home from said 2 day trip and make sure my house is clean for my pregnant sister to come in that night. Crazy week! goodnight all!

Usually hospital doctors will send women home on "possible miscarriage" or "miscarriage". They did that twice with my last baby and she's fine lol. I really need to see my midwife she'll tell me what's up.

I'm about 4 weeks.

I think it's got to vary from state to state based on what you're experiencing.

Granted I had my first two nearly 10 and 11 years ago now, my ex-husband and I being young had a pretty limited income. Based on that alone I qualified for Medicare as soon as pregnancy was confirmed and got to choose a plan that we thought would suit us best out of maybe a half dozen (I chose UCare based on what I had read it offered pregnant women in particular). From acceptance to 6 weeks post partum everything was covered including delivery and then each of my kids automatically qualified for the first two years of their lives. We didn't need it for that long as he eventually qualified for coverage through work, but when he was laid off, off and on (union automotive work) they would jump back in and cover the kids 100% during those gaps.

It was super easy, just forms filled out for and sent in to the county and approval took less than a week. I had already seen a doctor and had an early scan by the time we got the approval but it covered up to two months care retroactive. Under it not only was all my prenatal care covered but prenatal vitamins, labor and delivery, post partum home visits, lactation consultant visits, breast pump and even car seats.

I'm not sure if things have changed that much (my husband has phenomenal private coverage so I have nothing to compare to here), or if your state is just tougher to deal with than others.

If you don't qualify is it possible you can just get set up on a payment plan? None of our infertility treatments were covered by insurance so everything we did pre-IVF (which had to be prepaid in full) our clinic put all together and we pay $200 a month towards. As long as you're paying something on your balance I can't imagine a clinic not being willing to work with you. The plus side is that paying cash they do give us discounts. I'd ask about that too if it comes down to that.

Thanks a lot! I am going to check out Ucare and see what I can find out about them. The problem is, in my area they only Take Medicare or Medicaid. They never take them both together which is what I have. In order for me to be 100% covered they need to take both my primary and supplemental. I guess since there are really not a lot of people in this area who have medicare, they don't really support taking it in conjunction with medicaid. Hopefully I can find some way out!

I used a medela with my first and it worked great. It's getting old and I want a newer one. I plan on calling the insurance after my appointment next Wednesday to see which ones they will cover. Then I'll research and call my lactation consultant to see what they recommend. I'll keep you posted. Breast feeding is time consuming and difficult at first, but the bond you have is so worth it.

Thank you!! Everyone seems to be suggesting that brand. I am for sure going to check it out!

Hello ladies :flower:
I found out last week that we are expecting #2. So far symptoms are tender breasts, nausea on and off (usually when not eaten for a long time), exhaustion which isnt helped by my darling DD who decided to wake up at 5:30 this morning after not going to bed till after 9:30 last night and I'd been hoping all day whilst at woke that I could be in bed by 8! Lol!
Hope you're all feeling good today xx

Hello ladies :flower:
I found out last week that we are expecting #2. So far symptoms are tender breasts, nausea on and off (usually when not eaten for a long time), exhaustion which isnt helped by my darling DD who decided to wake up at 5:30 this morning after not going to bed till after 9:30 last night and I'd been hoping all day whilst at woke that I could be in bed by 8! Lol!
Hope you're all feeling good today xx

Congratulations!! :hugs: Also, welcome to the group!!! <3 Just you wait till the insane hunger kicks in lol. I feel like I want to eat everything in sight sometimes.

Morning everyone.

Hope your little boy is ok this morning mrs humphreys.

Thosevibes, I have my fingers crossed for you.

Mylittlefish, welcome to the group :)

Well yesterday was fine, no spotting or anything. This morning when I wiped it was tinged with a very light browny orange colour. Going to keep an eye on it and if it carries on this week I will ring the midwife.
I don't feel scared or worried just yet, not like I did when I knew with the mc so must be a good sign.
Alex is going to his nannas later so I have the afternoon to myself :)

Hey my jellybellies!

Just left the high risk ob.

He told me it won't hurt to kerp taking my progesyerone/baby aspirin regimen.

Also I am measuring 6w4days, so on target. He said numbers look great and since he sees a nice strong hb they won't do any more bloods.

I go back to see him in four weeks. But go see,my NP in two weeks, unless I panic and go in next week. Lol. 7 weeks 4 days furthest I ever made it so...

I pray everyday. Anyway, wanted to update

Brilliant news!!!!! :happydance:

Sorry nausea caught up with you flatshoes :flower:

My boobs are feeling a bit tingly today :) I'm pleased with that, just as long as they stay like this and the awful red hot pokers pressed on the nipples sensation stays the hell away! Scan tomorrow :wohoo:

My boobs are feeling a bit tingly today :) I'm pleased with that, just as long as they stay like this and the awful red hot pokers pressed on the nipples sensation stays the hell away! Scan tomorrow :wohoo:

YAY for scans!! :happydance:

My boobs feel a bit sore than normal if Alex knocks them on purpose. Don't have any nausea yet either..sure that will kick in soon enough.

Look forward to your scan update :)

Hi ladies hope everyone is good. This is my first sick free day!! Now I'm nervous and worried lol.

I've not had chance to read pages I've missed but I shall catch up with them later xx

Hey ladies- when does the nausea start? I've had a few episodes where I think if I don't eat soon I'm going to heave, but it's not started properly yet- I'm thinking it'll be another couple of weeks maybe? (I'm only 4 +2). So when did it all start for you?

Xxx

Hey ladies- when does the nausea start? I've had a few episodes where I think if I don't eat soon I'm going to heave, but it's not started properly yet- I'm thinking it'll be another couple of weeks maybe? (I'm only 4 +2). So when did it all start for you?

Xxx

That sounds about right to me. The nausea is from your hormones increasing. You will notice it even more when you go long periods of time without eating. I would suggest having a snack every couple of hours just to stave off the feeling. Also, if you can get your hands on citric acid or ginger, that will really help calm your stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->